5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Lol. So, shaking spots are on frame 3?
The shaking spots are the same as any other wild pokemon encounter, the only difference is that you need to walk for the shaking spots to occur. The walking will advanced the initial CGear frame of 3 so you would want to find a different frame, 4-8, so you can walk 128 steps and hope a shaking spot appears.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
The shaking spots are the same as any other wild pokemon encounter, the only difference is that you need to walk for the shaking spots to occur. The walking will advanced the initial CGear frame of 3 so you would want to find a different frame, 4-8, so you can walk 128 steps and hope a shaking spot appears.
Ah, that makes sence! Thank you! :D

Just make sure you have enough steps to walk into the spots beause it sucks when your missing just that one step to walk into it :)

okay so I've been working on catching reshiriam... trying to calbibrate my DS... and whenever I caught one, and found what seed I really hit, (was ussually 95 delay after the delay I wanted to hit) I'd check the nature it had to the "method 5 natures", and the nature I got was always on frame 1, caus eI never did anything to advance it...

but then after ajusting the timer to make up for the delay I was missing it by, I hit my seed the first time, so all the IVs are what I wanted, but the nature doesn't seem to match the natures of the seed... frame 1, 2, * 3 were sassy, timid and calm... but th enature I got was modest which didn't appear all the way until frame 58! what could have caused this sudden huge jump in frames?

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Correct. If they were generated on frame 10, it would not show on "Search IVs"
It would not in this current version of RNG Reporter. I saw them add the feature too extend the number of frames generated on the Seed To Times / Adjacent Finder yesterday on the codeplex so I assume it will be in the next version.

what could have caused this sudden huge jump in frames?
If you left the CGear on that would explain it. Try catching a Synchronizer it will make your life much easier when it comes to getting the natures you want.

It would not in this current version of RNG Reporter. I saw them add the feature too extend the number of frames generated on the Seed To Times / Adjacent Finder yesterday on the codeplex so I assume it will be in the next version.
Yeah, I know that. Anyway, there is no point in explaining something to him about a version he is not using yet. I was just confirming to him that he should search for spreads on frame 3 to abuse fossil pokemons.

but then after ajusting the timer to make up for the delay I was missing it by, I hit my seed the first time, so all the IVs are what I wanted, but the nature doesn't seem to match the natures of the seed... frame 1, 2, * 3 were sassy, timid and calm... but th enature I got was modest which didn't appear all the way until frame 58! what could have caused this sudden huge jump in frames?
If you're looking at natures generated by your C-Gear seed, then it wasn't a leap in frames; it's because the PIDRNG is running on a different (your non-CGear, which you're not supposed to ask about yet) seed. C-Gear abuse doesn't affect the PIDRNG.

Also, the PID never actually starts on Frame 1. Your "testing" was all coincidence.

Just curious, why didn't you save outside of the house? You could have just walked in, and do the rest.
I didn't think of it. But it doesn't matter, I'm just gonna kill it and use my AR to reactivate the event, in which I'll RNG it with 5 pokes in the party this time.

Noob question: I'm trying to use the Calibration on Eon Timer. My target delay is 6426. After my first attempt, I hit a delay of 6511. If I understand correctly, I should then change the calibration to -10 and also type 6511 in the Delay Hit box.

Assuming I got all that correct, here's my question. After popping in the IVs the second time, I got a delay of 6418. Do I change the calibration to match the previous delay(6511) or the target delay(6426)?

I am having an issue calibrating my initial seed. I'm following the instructions to the max, but the Iv's I keep getting from the Pokemon aren't being found in the list. So I just wanted to double check a couple of things, I'm using the zomg timer so what I/the game be doing when the first timer ends? Maybe the iv checker i'm using (serebii)is off... I'm sweeting v road.

I am having an issue calibrating my initial seed. I'm following the instructions to the max, but the Iv's I keep getting from the Pokemon aren't being found in the list. So I just wanted to double check a couple of things, I'm using the zomg timer so what I/the game be doing when the first timer ends? Maybe the iv checker i'm using (serebii)is off... I'm sweeting v road.
I've been using metalkid's IV calc and haven't had any issues with it. I'd probably recommend trying that one.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
First timer ends = soft reset (or start the game from the DS menu)
Second timer ends = turn cgear on in game

Edit:
@Nub
Just put it into the delay hit box and click update. Bearsfan didn't know how that part worked when he made the video. He said he was going to annotate but I don't know if he has yet.

Noob question: I'm trying to use the Calibration on Eon Timer. My target delay is 6426. After my first attempt, I hit a delay of 6511. If I understand correctly, I should then change the calibration to -10 and also type 6511 in the Delay Hit box.
Doing both is a problem, since you're basically subtracting to hit your delay twice. You should just be putting your delay into the Delay Hit box, and the timer will adjust the calibration for you.

Unless I misunderstood what you meant and you're already doing it that way.

Are you using Rare Candies to find the actual IVs, or are you just putting in the Pokemon's stats as you catch it and using the "average" IVs that Serebii's calculator gives you?

First timer ends = soft reset (or start the game from the DS menu)
Second timer ends = turn cgear on in game

Edit:
@Nub
Just put it into the delay hit box and click update. Bearsfan didn't know how that part worked when he made the video. He said he was going to annotate but I don't know if he has yet.
No I don't think he did. Thanks though. Your program makes this a million times easier.

I can't seem to hit a seed worth crap in gen 5 -_-

I keep getting within -+2 delays of my seed... fairly frequently... but I cannot for the life of me seem to actually hit that seed -_-

Doing both is a problem, since you're basically subtracting to hit your delay twice. You should just be putting your delay into the Delay Hit box, and the timer will adjust the calibration for you.

Unless I misunderstood what you meant and you're already doing it that way.

Are you using Rare Candies to find the actual IVs, or are you just putting in the Pokemon's stats as you catch it and using the "average" IVs that Serebii's calculator gives you?
No, I am not actually. Why would that make a difference, the stat increase per level?

No, I am not actually. Why would that make a difference, the stat increase per level?
Because it's unlikely that you're getting exact IVs from just catching and immediately checking if you're in Victory Road. What you're probably using is the "average" that Serebii's IV calculator gives you, which will not help you find your seed.

I think I heard something about synchs not working when picking up fossils. Is this true?
It is.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think I heard something about synchs not working when picking up fossils. Is this true?
Right.. it only works on things you directly encounter. This doesn't include gifts, roamers, fossils or anything along those lines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)