5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

So I followed bearsfan092drums video guide on how to rng with c-gear. Though when I reach the point where you search for the ivs when you calibrate, the search doesn't find anything. What can I do to fix this?

Does anyone happen to have the AR code that shows you your IVs? Having to use rare candies and pop them into the calculator over and over just to discover that I missed the delay yet again is getting sort of tedious.

Oh, and the two I've seen online that I've been trying just result in a blank white screen with the game never loading.

Did i need to calibrate the EonTimer everytime that i want to catch something?, because i'm using the exact same seed, delay and calibration as my hp ground Volcarona to catch Victini and i'm still unable to got it with the right IVs

Did i need to calibrate the EonTimer everytime that i want to catch something?, because i'm using the exact same seed, delay and calibration as my hp ground Volcarona to catch Victini and i'm still unable to got it with the right IVs
Well, are you using the same DS also? XD

But from experience, it's extremely hard to be able to physically hit the exact delay again and again; so many different factors could have applied, such as twitching a microsecond too fast, fatigue, etc. I find it's usually better to check your delays still and see if you're within at least 2 or so of your intended delay; if not, it never hurts to do a slight recalibration. Otherwise, you could be stuck for hours trying to hit the delay with whatever parameters you had set one day.

I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere deep in the thread, but does anyone have any particular tips on RNG abuse for breeding in Gen V? Most of what's out there for C-Gear abuse is capture-based but I was planning to breed like a Heat Wave Litwick and Dark Pulse Deino, etc.

Good news: I have successfully RNG'ed a Modest Victini with 30/27/30/31/31/31. It's not perfect, but for my first RNG ever I thought it was pretty good.

Now that I know a bit more, I did a more thorough search and found a completely perfect 31 spread on frame 5 (!) with my MAC. I'm attempting to catch Reshiram with this spread.

The problem is that I am always missing the frame by exactly 1. My target frame is 6183, but I'm getting 6184 repeatedly - often enough that I'm starting to doubt it's coincidence. Is this a known issue?

I'm using a retail Black (but with AR just to check IV's) on a DSLite.

DS MAC: DA F1 14
Target seed: 2af20946
Target frame: 5
Date: 2011 07 29
Time: 23:45 (-2 because EonTimer says so)
Target Delay: 6183
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31

Good news: I have successfully RNG'ed a Modest Victini with 30/27/30/31/31/31. It's not perfect, but for my first RNG ever I thought it was pretty good.

Now that I know a bit more, I did a more thorough search and found a completely perfect 31 spread on frame 5 (!) with my MAC. I'm attempting to catch Reshiram with this spread.

The problem is that I am always missing the frame by exactly 1. My target frame is 6183, but I'm getting 6184 repeatedly - often enough that I'm starting to doubt it's coincidence. Is this a known issue?

I'm using a retail Black (but with AR just to check IV's) on a DSLite.

DS MAC: DA F1 14
Target seed: 2af20946
Target frame: 5
Date: 2011 07 29
Time: 23:45 (-2 because EonTimer says so)
Target Delay: 6183
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
You mean that you are missing your target delay, not frame. It's a coincidence. Go use the update function on EonTimer/ZomgTimer and it will adjust the miniscule difference.

If I am not getting the IVs I want (they're supposed to be on Frame 1) for Standard Abuse, how can I rectify the problem? Like, I'm supposed to have a 31/31/31/x/31/31 on Frame 1, April 24 at 00:33:55 and holding Y. However, whenever I try the spread I never get the IVs I want. Any ideas?

what exactly does the MAC adress affect? is it seeds? if not... is there a better way to get 5th gen seeds than just using the RNGreporter's time finder?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I'm sure OmegaDonut could explain how the MAC address is needed to generate seeds, but in the end it doesn't really matter. What does matter is that your MAC address is a vital component in seed generation, and without it you can't determine your seed.

well that sucks.... and am I to understand a different DS would have a different mac adress?
Yep, and that means different DS' have different seeds ;) But don't worry, all DS' have good IV spreads, it's just that the seed and frame and delay, etc. will be different.

Yep, and that means different DS' have different seeds ;) But don't worry, all DS' have good IV spreads, it's just that the seed and frame and delay, etc. will be different.
its great to have just found out my alternate DS is broken >.>... and so wait... I think I may have not described what I was asking well enough.... so does the mac adress affect what seeds are POSSIBLE? or just what the delay/frame with be?

So I found a standard seed (7e8096f04d6e32d9) and it's supposed to have the IVs 31/31/31/13/31/31 on frame 3. But when I enter that seed into the main RNG window, those IVs don't appear.

edit: nevermind.

its great to have just found out my alternate DS is broken >.>... and so wait... I think I may have not described what I was asking well enough.... so does the mac adress affect what seeds are POSSIBLE? or just what the delay/frame with be?
I'm pretty sure both, but it shouldn't matter since all MAC addresses have good IV Spreads.

This is weird...

I'm going for a HP Ice spread (non-c-gear) on one of the roamers, but for some reason come up with a different spread that isn't listed in the main screen every time. I would have thought it was because I was advancing the frame 8 times oppose to 4, but that's not it. I also tried -2 seconds from target time and yet none match.

Yes, I have encounter type on roamers and generated seeds under roamers.

This is weird...

I'm going for a HP Ice spread (non-c-gear) on one of the roamers, but for some reason come up with a different spread that isn't listed in the main screen every time. I would have thought it was because I was advancing the frame 8 times oppose to 4, but that's not it. I also tried -2 seconds from target time and yet none match.

Yes, I have encounter type on roamers and generated seeds under roamers.
Are you doing the Key Press combos correctly?

Yes. (B in this case) It probably has something to do with the roamers because I have no problems hitting wild/stationary Pokemon seeds. This is ridiculous. I tried without advancing the frame and get some other result that doesn't show up.

EDIT: JRT: There's an option for that but I heard it's still being figured out.

I think I heard someone say they were able to RNG standard seeds on their DSi. I'd like to know if anyone can verify that for me. Before anyone asks, I'm asking because I'm a lot more comfortable abusing on my DSi. It's actually a lot easier for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)