5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

There will be a Min Frame option on RNG Reporter's final version? Sucks having a huge list of frames 1 and 2 when aiming at frame 3 for C-Gear RNG. Thanks!

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
There will be a Min Frame option on RNG Reporter's final version? Sucks having a huge list of frames 1 and 2 when aiming at frame 3 for C-Gear RNG. Thanks!
There will be, but it's not necessary for C-Gear seeds now. Those first two frames no longer show up for C-Gear seeds. Frame 3 is now frame 1. You'll notice if you compare the frames list between Method 5 (Standard Seeds) and Method 5 (C-Gear).

Im kind of confused,Can we non C-Gear RNG Abuse on English carts yet or not?
EDIT:Nvm,i found out you can,I'll try doing this on my Retail cart white.
I have a question though:
Will it be possible in the future to Non C-Gear RNG on flash carts?

There will be, but it's not necessary for C-Gear seeds now. Those first two frames no longer show up for C-Gear seeds. Frame 3 is now frame 1. You'll notice if you compare the frames list between Method 5 (Standard Seeds) and Method 5 (C-Gear).
Thanks OD for the quick response :) I can't wait the final release

Here's how I did it.

I searched for a Roamer Standard seed with hexflawless IVs.

I found one on Frame 2. From there I went to the house with only 1 Pokémon in my party and walked 128 steps to advance my frame. Then I went out to let Tornadus roam. The result after 4 tries due to natures I didn't like was a Naive 31/31/31/31/31/31 Tornadus.

A question about Parameters:

I have found my Parameters in Black, and now I want to RNG on my new White Cart, can I use the same parameters?

MAC Adress: 0009BFDF3BB1
VCount: 60
Timer0: C7C
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 8

Thanks a lot !

I'm having trouble figuring out my PID frame after walking steps. I'm in Chargestone Cave and I'm walking 256 steps to advance to my target IV Frame. Problem is, I don't see a pattern in PID frames when I look. I tried without walking steps, and figured out that I'm staring on PID Frame 43. Any ideas?

When searching for a roamer spread in the Time Finder, does RNG Reporter make the shifting of IVs by its own ? Or do we still have to make the shift "manually" ?

I'm having trouble figuring out my PID frame after walking steps. I'm in Chargestone Cave and I'm walking 256 steps to advance to my target IV Frame. Problem is, I don't see a pattern in PID frames when I look. I tried without walking steps, and figured out that I'm staring on PID Frame 43. Any ideas?
Turning increases the PIDRNG by more than 1, I think.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Im kind of confused,Can we non C-Gear RNG Abuse on English carts yet or not?
EDIT:Nvm,i found out you can,I'll try doing this on my Retail cart white.
I don't know how you'll do that without your DS parameters... Catch a pokemon at a certain date/time (no keypress), get IVs and send that info to me and I'll find your params for you.
edit: also you must be using an ds og/lite since DSi has not been cracked yet.

Turning increases the PIDRNG by more than 1, I think.
I'm taking the same route every time, though. And there are no NPCs that I'm aware of.

edit: nevermind. Figured out the problem. Sometimes I wasn't hitting my seed. Figured this out by where the shaking spots were appearing.

So I'm giving Roaming RNG another shot. This time, it's been consistant that I've hit 8/31/31/31/26/31. Not the IVs I'm supposed to hit. Here's my seed: 70B623A3E52A0977 or 70B623A3. Now apparently, when I look at the IVs I got when typing them in PO, it's on frame 8.

But the seed I'm supposed to hit is on frame 10. I know that the starting frame for non C gear is 1, I have 4 Pokemon in my party so I use Max Repel + 6 steps to advance my frame to 9. I also know that Roamers advance the frame by 1, which = 10. Basically all I do is advance 8 frames, while starting frame and roamers add to your frames. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I also heard the the rain changes the PIDRNG? I don't get this at all. Has anyone RNGed the roamers to understand what I'm doing wrong or people who know what I'm doing wrong?

Oh, by the way, after I encounter Thundurus outside of the house. I go to Route 16 to catch it.

Is the Encounter Type for daycare eggs 'Gift Pokemon (Non-Mystery Gift)'?
And four more questions
- Is there a way to find out which IVs are inherited from the parents?
- If there is/isn't, would it be better to let the parents hold an everstone, power items or hold nothing at all?
- How do power items and everstone affect the PIDRNG?
- How do I search which seed/frame I hit when do not get the result I want?

Thanks.

For some reason, when I use 5th Gen Parameter Finder for non-C-Gear seeds, I can't generate any seeds. I filled in my DS MAC address, and put in my Sweet Scented Pokemon's IVs (had to use Serebii IV Calculator since the MetalKid one dosen't seem to be working), and it won't generate any. I'm using a DSi, though, so is that one of those reasons why I can't seem to generate seeds?

For some reason, when I use 5th Gen Parameter Finder for non-C-Gear seeds, I can't generate any seeds. I filled in my DS MAC address, and put in my Sweet Scented Pokemon's IVs (had to use Serebii IV Calculator since the MetalKid one dosen't seem to be working), and it won't generate any. I'm using a DSi, though, so is that one of those reasons why I can't seem to generate seeds?
Non C-Gear seeds don't work with DSi or 3DS currently.

I have a similar problem. I'm in B2F of Chargestone Cave and trying to hit a PID frame of 6465. I'm using a bike instead of walking, and then using Chatot to advance the PID frame. I've come up with Naughty, Careful, Naughty, Naughty, Naive.

I know I'm consistently hitting the right seed because the stats match up with the IVs, but I can't find the exact same pattern. I came across a similar pattern in the natures, but the abilities and gender were off.

Does the bike have something to do with it? I'm also biking past the big electric rocks, if that has any effect.

I have a similar problem. I'm in B2F of Chargestone Cave and trying to hit a PID frame of 6465. I'm using a bike instead of walking, and then using Chatot to advance the PID frame. I've come up with Naughty, Careful, Naughty, Naughty, Naive.

I know I'm consistently hitting the right seed because the stats match up with the IVs, but I can't find the exact same pattern. I came across a similar pattern in the natures, but the abilities and gender were off.

Does the bike have something to do with it? I'm also biking past the big electric rocks, if that has any effect.
I'm also having this problem. Also with the Encounter Slots.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
So after playing around with RNG abusing my starter, I've determined that all three starters are generated on frame 1, unlike previous generations. So if you have a frame 1 seed to abuse your starter, it will work on all three starters.

Still not sure about shininess, gender, and nature, however. I do know what it's consistently the same nature, but otherwise I have no idea how to influence it.

Can someone explain the ESV value for me? I apologize if it's in an obvious place and I just didn't see it.

I assume it's for determining which wild pokemon shows up in the encounter on that frame, but even if I'm right about that I don't know how to interpret it to my benefit, so any clarification would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I have some n00bquestions regarding PID abuse. I have a shiny PID at frame 357. Its bold, but it seams like I can sync it to get any nature I want. But first I need to check what start frame it have, can I do that without sync to make it bit easier? Also will the starting frame for the PID-RNG always be the same for that seed?

Also I wondering about route 10 (http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/unova/route10.shtml) if I RNG abuse at the end of it, will the NPCs still mess up the PID? Cause I was thinking maybe they don't affect the PID if I am in one of those 8 gates thingies that you have to pass to Victory road?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I have some n00bquestions regarding PID abuse. I have a shiny PID at frame 357. Its bold, but it seams like I can sync it to get any nature I want. But first I need to check what start frame it have, can I do that without sync to make it bit easier? Also will the starting frame for the PID-RNG always be the same for that seed?
Definitely without a sync. It will be consistent for that seed, so try to catch a few saving once more each time than you did the previous time and see if you can find the pattern.

I don't know the answer to the other part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)