5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I've noticed you've been looking for an answer to this question for a while. Abusing a shaking spot is is essentially the same as abusing a wild pokemon but you're going to have to go at it with just a slight difference in approach. It's the same as non C-gear abusing a wild pokemon, the only difference is that you have to make some frame advancements to give yourself and the game an opportunity to throw a shaking spot at you. Abusing shaking spots doesn't happen with spreads on frame 1. Go a little higher. If the shaking spot happens to be an item, don't worry it doesn't screw up your advancements. You can either decide to move a little more hoping the game will throw another one at you but moving too often might have you frame advance again or repeat the whole process again.
So basically, I just have to hope that the game gives me a shacking spot during my frame advancements? And as soon as I'm on my frame, I walk into it and hope it is a Pokemon and not a Item? If it is an item, I walk a bit more while still being under the next 128 steps?

I will try this^^

So basically, I just have to hope that the game gives me a shacking spot during my frame advancements? And as soon as I'm on my frame, I walk into it and hope it is a Pokemon and not a Item? If it is an item, I walk a bit more while still being under the next 128 steps?

I will try this^^
Ok you got it, that's correct. Good luck

Tirade said:
Bond697, I have a question for you regarding your tutorial:

http://pokemon.thundaga.com/starter_rng_mrfixit.doc

I'm on Step 5 now and having some trouble. The IV seed I searched by was

FC4AA3AC7B576C4B
Frame: 51

Search Parameters
Date: 5-14-2011
Min Frame: 28
Max Frame: 51

Under the Find Seeds, I picked out

Seed: D1934EBA0DD06428
Date: 5-14-2011 00:7:40
Frame 50
ID: 52263,
SID: 42237
Button: A

My DS Parameters are:
Game: White US
MAC: 001656EF81A8
VCount: 60
Timer0: C7F
GXStat: 6
VFrame: 6

Getting Trainer ID 39622. Whenever I search the list (after checking off TID box and entering in 39622), I can never find the Trainer ID that was generated for me. The "Find ID Seeds" does not bring up any info on the 39622 ID.

EDIT: Should also add, I was able to hit my IV seed just fine. Found that my starting frame is 48 (Timid).
I tried another Seed under the "Find ID Seeds." This time I went with:

Seed:196D84AEBB80B085
Date: 5-14-2011 00:33:38
Frame: 46
TID: 24638
SID: 02278
Button: None

Ended up getting a Trainer ID of 18911. I put that in the TID box and a seed did come up with a Frame of 43. So I figured, it must be 46-43 = 3 No's to Juniper. Tried that and I did not get the Trainer ID 24638. I'm not really sure what else to do here. A little help would be great (although I know you guys have been fantastic already).

Anybody? I am drowning here. I'm sure I have misunderstood one of the steps. Probably #5 in Bond's tutorial.

@Shroomhead - I did try 2 No's, but that did not produce the 24638 TID.

Even when I'm hitting the seed now, I'm getting a different TID than the 18911. Gotten 53784 the last 2 times. LOL, the third time, I actually got 18911 again. I'm guessing a fluctuation in my Timer0 could be accounting for this. Not too hard to hit a seed with no hold button. Checking my SID, it does not match up with the one listed with that 18911. So I'm not sure what the deal is.

Fourth time, I got 53784 again.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
I tried another Seed under the "Find ID Seeds." This time I went with:

Seed:196D84AEBB80B085
Date: 5-14-2011 00:33:38
Frame: 46
TID: 24638
SID: 02278
Button: None

Ended up getting a Trainer ID of 18911. I put that in the TID box and a seed did come up with a Frame of 43. So I figured, it must be 46-43 = 3 No's to Juniper. Tried that and I did not get the Trainer ID 24638. I'm not really sure what else to do here. A little help would be great (although I know you guys have been fantastic already).

Anybody? I am drowning here. I'm sure I have misunderstood one of the steps. Probably #5 in Bond's tutorial.

@Shroomhead - I did try 2 No's, but that did not produce the 24638 TID.

Even when I'm hitting the seed now, I'm getting a different TID than the 18911. Gotten 53784 the last 2 times. LOL, the third time, I actually got 18911 again. I'm guessing a fluctuation in my Timer0 could be accounting for this. Not too hard to hit a seed with no hold button. Checking my SID, it does not match up with the one listed with that 18911. So I'm not sure what the deal is.

Fourth time, I got 53784 again.
it sounds like you did things right with the advancements. don;t forget, timer0 still fluctuates for this also. you may have just hit the wrong one.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Fluctuation could explain it. I've also had other strange numbers come up when I was doing mine. I never did figure out why, but I ended up getting the right thing eventually anyway. Something with the way it's encrypted seemed like it messed up every once in a while.

it sounds like you did things right with the advancements. don;t forget, timer0 still fluctuates for this also. you may have just hit the wrong one.
The frustrating part for me here is not finding a TID that matches in the search (after I go through and say yes to Juniper).

After a fifth time, 18911 again. Of course this 18911 doesn't match up with the 18911 that the search yielded in the "Find ID Seeds" search. My SID is 33803. According to the search, it should be 08455.

Okay, now I'm getting annoyed with this..

Seed: A293E11E64016E96
Shiny at: Frame 257
ID: 30551
SID: 02218

Under the Stationary Pokémon option of Method 5 PIDRNG frame 257 should give me a shiny Naive spread. I'm at Cobalion, I hit my naive frame after advancements, but it's not shiny. What is going on?

EDIT: I use RNG Reporter Beta 6.4
I've realized how hard it is to find answers in this thread due to its fast-paced way of moving pages within a minute. LOL!

I've had this problem too and asked multiple times, but I received no answer. Alas, I found my own answer.

The Stationary Pokemon spread I get for shinies doesn't work. But do you know what works? Use a spread using wild pokemon and find its shiny. Then hit the same seed for the legendary and add 2 more frames. So far, all my observations was that it was shiny even if RNG said it wasn't.

I really hope this works out for you. =]
Just got my Shiny Virizion with 30 31 30 31 31 31 stats. :D
My starting PID was at 32...the shiny was at 833. (Wild at 831).
Miraculously, I hit it. XD

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The frustrating part for me here is not finding a TID that matches in the search (after I go through and say yes to Juniper).

After a fifth time, 18911 again. Of course this 18911 doesn't match up with the 18911 that the search yielded in the "Find ID Seeds" search.
What are your min and max frames in the ID Hit search?

Out of interest, has anyone managed to breed a shiny egg? I've been trying for a week or so now, with no luck. My problem is this, the list of natures generated under Breeding (BW) don't seem to marry up with the nature sequence I'm getting. For example:

Seed: 8D1336587F1D1A79
Date/Time: 05/14/11 10:09:53
Keypress: L
Target Frame: 17
ID: 24171
SID: 29797
Everstone Nature: Timid
Ditto Parent: Yes

Now according to RNG reporter, there is a shiny timid egg on frame 1326, so with custom chatter chatot in my party, I set about checking what natures I get whilst advancing the PID frame once, then twice, then three times etc. I end up with a nature sequence as follows:

Lax
Timid
Timid
Timid
Timid
Timid
Timid

The issue is, nowhere on the list of breeding natures does that sequence occur. Any ideas?

Hi, I'm new to RNGing and I have been trying to get a flawless Cobalion in White version. My DS MAC Adress is 0016569235FF. I am attempting a NON C gear Seed. The seed im trying to hit which should give me IVs of 31/31/31/15/31/31 is 46B2A8D601861EB7, Frame 1, on 6/21/11 at 09:43:06 with NO keypresses. When I did my parameter search I got +1 second differential (the RNG seeds a second late) so I should hit the A button at 9:43:05. My VCount is 60, Vframe 8, Gx Stat 6 and Timer0 is 80. But when I hit A at :05 I get:
Cobalion - #638 (Hasty)
HP: 11 - 13
Att: 18 - 19
Def: 16 - 20
SpA: 1 - 3
SpD: 27
Speed: 18 - 19

So I figure maybe I read it wrong and I try pressing a at 9:43:06 but then I get results of:
Cobalion - #638 (Quirky)
HP: 30
Att: 1 - 3
Def: 12 - 13
SpA: 20 - 22
SpD: 23 - 25
Speed: 27 - 29
I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. Im not holding any keys, and as soon as i enter the game i Press A on Cobalion. Anyone know what Im doing wrong? I have the latest RNG reporter and I have been following bearsfan's videos.
Please let me know if I left any info out, Thank You!

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I'm new to RNGing and I have been trying to get a flawless Cobalion in White version. My DS MAC Adress is 0016569235FF. I am attempting a NON C gear Seed. The seed im trying to hit which should give me IVs of 31/31/31/15/31/31 is 46B2A8D601861EB7, Frame 1, on 6/21/11 at 09:43:06 with NO keypresses. When I did my parameter search I got +1 second differential (the RNG seeds a second late) so I should hit the A button at 9:43:05. My VCount is 60, Vframe 8, Gx Stat 6 and Timer0 is 80. But when I hit A at :05 I get:
Cobalion - #638 (Hasty)
HP: 11 - 13
Att: 18 - 19
Def: 16 - 20
SpA: 1 - 3
SpD: 27
Speed: 18 - 19

So I figure maybe I read it wrong and I try pressing a at 9:43:06 but then I get results of:
Cobalion - #638 (Quirky)
HP: 30
Att: 1 - 3
Def: 12 - 13
SpA: 20 - 22
SpD: 23 - 25
Speed: 27 - 29
I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. Im not holding any keys, and as soon as i enter the game i Press A on Cobalion. Anyone know what Im doing wrong? I have the latest RNG reporter and I have been following bearsfan's videos.
Please let me know if I left any info out, Thank You!
Throw it into parameter finder with your keypress. Look at the timer0 :P

Edit (below): you hit an adjacent timer0.
it's a hardware related issue and it's random that you hit C7F instead of C80. Try again, that's all you can do.

Throw it into parameter finder with your keypress. Look at the timer0 :P
I got no results. Does that mean I did the parameter search wrong?

EDIT: I did get results on the :05 though. The timer 0 is C7F and actual seconds 6

EDIT 2: Awesome thanks Kaphotics, I got it now

My starting PID frame seems to be 224, I can only catch Pokémon with natures from 225 (my results are consistent, I've tried dozens of time).
lol, is it possible to have a starting frame that high?

My starting PID frame seems to be 224, I can only catch Pokémon with natures from 225 (my results are consistent, I've tried dozens of time).
lol, is it possible to have a starting frame that high?
Where are you RNGing? Is there a weather effect of some sort?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
No, you probably just set the bar way too high when you looked for nature frames. You're most likely still in the ~50~ frame range.

So I've been trying to breed for a perfect shiny for awhile now. My starting frame is 77, and I'm trying to get to 192. Every time I try to advance it 115, it goes to 194. If I do 2 less, it goes to 190. It's as if there's a void that doesn't allow me to hit 191 or 192. I use an Everstone, but no Power Item. Is there any reason this is possible? (I don't think an NPC is doing it because I can consistently hit 194 every time, same with 190.)

So I've been trying to breed for a perfect shiny for awhile now. My starting frame is 77, and I'm trying to get to 192. Every time I try to advance it 115, it goes to 194. If I do 2 less, it goes to 190. It's as if there's a void that doesn't allow me to hit 191 or 192. I use an Everstone, but no Power Item. Is there any reason this is possible? (I don't think an NPC is doing it because I can consistently hit 194 every time, same with 190.)
Have you tried doing 114?

Pardon me if I'm an idiot, but I'm not seeing this anywhere, how does an Everstone affect the PID? Is it just the same as Synchronize?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Are you saved inside or outside of the daycare building? If you're saved inside, the NPCs will behave differently when you walk outside depending on how many PID frames you advance. It's possible that they would behave in such a way as to make certain frames unhittable.

Pardon me if I'm an idiot, but I'm not seeing this anywhere, how does an Everstone affect the PID? Is it just the same as Synchronize?
I don't think you want the details (see the research thread if you do), but using an everstone changes the way the egg frame is constructed (one extra RNG call before IV inheritance and PID generation) so it indirectly has an effect on what PID you get. The PID itself is not modified based on whether the everstone takes effect or anything like that, however.

Can anyone renew the download or something?

As when I try to download the latest (atleast the one in the OP) the link says the Beta has expired.

EDIT: Found now one with 9.75 BETA. Is that the correct one? I got this of a cached link of the OP.

I don't think you want the details (see the research thread if you do), but using an everstone changes the way the egg frame is constructed (one extra RNG call before IV inheritance and PID generation) so it indirectly has an effect on what PID you get. The PID itself is not modified based on whether the everstone takes effect or anything like that, however.
Details are good. .__. Where's the research thread hiding these days?

EDIT: also, multiple keypress, whut now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)