5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I have a question/. if it takes about 9 seconds for it to rain if you press A as fast as possible shouldn't that make the frame past 540? I mean I am able to hit a starting PID consistently at frame 80 and can hit 80-83 consistently then it gets not consistent. Anyway how come my PID frame can be that low when the rain advances it so much?

Does the static ability work on attracting electric pokemon in Gen V? If so does it have to be in the first slot or anywhere in the party? Im trying to RNG blitzle on route three and i keep getting pidove and patrats

@MrBanHammer27: No problem. Yeah, c-gear is like gen 4 RNGing.
Does using sweet scent advance the frame? If so, by how many?
Sweet scent doesn't advance the frame.

I have a question/. if it takes about 9 seconds for it to rain if you press A as fast as possible shouldn't that make the frame past 540? I mean I am able to hit a starting PID consistently at frame 80 and can hit 80-83 consistently then it gets not consistent. Anyway how come my PID frame can be that low when the rain advances it so much?
Your starting PID frame isn't 80-83. You think it is but if you use the PID%6 method you'll find that there are higher frame(s) that could also be your starting frame.

Does the static ability work on attracting electric pokemon in Gen V? If so does it have to be in the first slot or anywhere in the party? Im trying to RNG blitzle on route three and i keep getting pidove and patrats
You're doing c-gear? If you're doing non c-gear you could just advance the PIDRNG to the correct PID frame for a Blitzle. If you're doing c-gear you can vary the amount of time you wait before sweet scenting.

I want to try simple shinies, only a few 31 Ivs. I have my DS clock set to the time RNG reporter told me, and the shiny is on frame one. I Sweet Scent, and I get nothing. Does wild shiny require Chatot or something?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I want to try simple shinies, only a few 31 Ivs. I have my DS clock set to the time RNG reporter told me, and the shiny is on frame one. I Sweet Scent, and I get nothing. Does wild shiny require Chatot or something?
The PIDRNG doesn't start on frame 1, if that's what you meant by that. You'll probably need Chatot or saves to advance it.

The PIDRNG doesn't start on frame 1, if that's what you meant by that. You'll probably need Chatot or saves to advance it.
PID is eggs, right? I'm doing wild shinies, not hatching them. The RNG reporters says the Pokemon's on frame one, which should be the FIRST Pokemon I Sweet Scent. I hit the time multiple times, but no shiny. Which is why I'm asking about Chatot.

PID is eggs, right? I'm doing wild shinies, not hatching them. The RNG reporters says the Pokemon's on frame one, which should be the FIRST Pokemon I Sweet Scent. I hit the time multiple times, but no shiny. Which is why I'm asking about Chatot.
Wow, go read the guide again. There are 2 RNGs to manipulate. The IVRNG for IVs and the PIDRNG for nature/ability/shininess/other stuff. Your IVRNG frame starts at 1. Your PID frame starts between 40-60. Put the seed into the main window where it says seed (hex), choose method 5 PIDRNG, choose the encounter type and sync nature if applicable and then generate your list of PID frames. Then "Calculate initial PID frame" and figure out how many frames you need to advance to get what you want.
Note that NPCs on the same route advance the PIDRNG even if they are off screen.

OK so after successfully RNG hatching shinies last month I am now unable to do it...

I can 100% confirm my starting PID frame, then when I chatter the required number to reach my shiny frame I get a pokemon that is the same nature as my starting PID frame.

This same nature does not occur within approx 40 frames either side of my target and the pokemon has the same IV distribution as the initial frame pokemon.

After retrying multiple times on different saves this continues to occur, does anyone have any experience with this?

Is it that I am not listening to my chatot's WHOLE chatter?

Im clutching at straws here...

OK so after successfully RNG hatching shinies last month I am now unable to do it...

I can 100% confirm my starting PID frame, then when I chatter the required number to reach my shiny frame I get a pokemon that is the same nature as my starting PID frame.

This same nature does not occur within approx 40 frames either side of my target and the pokemon has the same IV distribution as the initial frame pokemon.

After retrying multiple times on different saves this continues to occur, does anyone have any experience with this?

Is it that I am not listening to my chatot's WHOLE chatter?

Im clutching at straws here...
Are you sure your Chatot has a recorded chatter? Chatot loses the recording after being placed in a box. You don't need to listen to the entire recording. You can flip through the summaries as fast as you want.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Um, no. I think you might need to go read through the guide again.

Edit: Accelgor'd by the new page I didn't see.

ive been limiting my searches to 1keypress or none.. and i just.. cant find a solid seed for a certain pokemon. does anyone have any issues with holding 2-3 buttons at once in the startup? should i go for it as well?

ive been limiting my searches to 1keypress or none.. and i just.. cant find a solid seed for a certain pokemon. does anyone have any issues with holding 2-3 buttons at once in the startup? should i go for it as well?
Only issues I come across is where it lists 2 out of the 3 keypress as buttons on the d-pad. Up + Down + Start. I don't know if it's hittable as I've never tried, but doesn't seem plausible.
Other than that, nothing really more difficult other than having to hold 1 or 2 more buttons down for a few seconds. The searches take forever though.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Once I figured out my Timer0 issues, it wasn't any harder. Some of the combinations are kind of awkward to press, but you should be getting enough extra results that you can just avoid those.

Yeah, some are awkward to hold down.. and yes.. the searches blow up my laptop on the daily. Alright, thanks guys, I'll be sure to try 2 keypresses tonight. Fuckin shiny Reuniclus.. why do I need you so..

I really wish you could search seeds on a different computer than the one you did a parameter search on.. i have so much downtime here at work.. i transferred all my parameter info, + mac address to the rng reporter here at the office, and the results are no where near the same[wrote down some results i found last night]. bummer.

I really wish you could search seeds on a different computer than the one you did a parameter search on.. i have so much downtime here at work.. i transferred all my parameter info, + mac address to the rng reporter here at the office, and the results are no where near the same[wrote down some results i found last night]. bummer.
You should get the same results. I use both my computer and my laptop to search and I get the same results outputted in the exact same order. Maybe you're using 2 different versions of RNG reporter or you searched with different number of keypresses.

On routes with wandering NPCs, can you just go to a part where you can't see them on the screen to RNG reliably? Or do the steps affect the entire route?

I'm a little confused on a couple things. I am currently hunting a shiny boldore with specific IV's, I'm using PPRNG for Macs and entered all my information correctly. I have found a seed that's amazing, to me at least, and I was wondering what does it mean when it says Up-Lf for the key that I need to press? It's only 1 key, but it has up and left, I'm confused on that. Also, should finding a shiny be the same process as finding a regular poke that's rng'd? I found a nice area with no NPC's in it, so should I just RNG normally for the shiny to occur? Or is there some added process I must go through if I want a shiny?

On routes with wandering NPCs, can you just go to a part where you can't see them on the screen to RNG reliably? Or do the steps affect the entire route?
NPCs can still advance the PIDRNG off screen. The only thing you can do is to figure out the number of frame advancements caused by the NPCs and work from there.

I'm a little confused on a couple things. I am currently hunting a shiny boldore with specific IV's, I'm using PPRNG for Macs and entered all my information correctly. I have found a seed that's amazing, to me at least, and I was wondering what does it mean when it says Up-Lf for the key that I need to press? It's only 1 key, but it has up and left, I'm confused on that. Also, should finding a shiny be the same process as finding a regular poke that's rng'd? I found a nice area with no NPC's in it, so should I just RNG normally for the shiny to occur? Or is there some added process I must go through if I want a shiny?
Hold Up and left on the direction pad. It's 2 keypresses, UP and Left.
For shininess/nature/ability/anything related to the PIDRNG you hit your frame for IVs then advanced to the proper PID frame by viewing Chatot's summary/saving.

Is there a way to instantly activate an encounter in the water like Sweet Scent does on land?

Also, is there a way to reliably make shaking spots appear?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)