5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

@Cold Fusion and xtr3m3 - Yea, I have it at Breeding (BW). I have method 5 in time finder.

@dragonboy52 - Would 4th/5th Gen Shiny Egg be the same thing?

Also, Im looking for my seed in the Capture tab in the time finder.
I was talking about 4th/5th Gen Shiny EGG, That's the only method I am familiar with.

That seed gives 31/31/31/20/31/31. If the parents are 31 all flawless, they could mess you up and give you perfect flawless. But i'm sure that's not the issue here.

Your starting pid is 46, and you're probably hitting 50~55. How many chatters and what nature are you getting? Because you're using flawless parents, I highly recommend that you verify you hit your seed because if you miss, it's pretty easy to assume you did in fact hit your seed.

Make sure you do not have anyone holding a power item to force down an IV.

That seed gives 31/31/31/20/31/31. If the parents are 31 all flawless, they could mess you up and give you perfect flawless. But i'm sure that's not the issue here.

Your starting pid is 46, and you're probably hitting 50~55. How many chatters and what nature are you getting? Because you're using flawless parents, I highly recommend that you verify you hit your seed because if you miss, it's pretty easy to assume you did in fact hit your seed.

Make sure you do not have anyone holding a power item to force down an IV.
1 Chatter = Gentle Female (I also get this in game and it's pid 46)
2 Chatters = Impish Male (No hit in pid)
3 Chatters = Timid Male (No hit in pid)

No items are being held by either.

Okay, now I can see right off that you didn't go and verify your seed. You believe that 1 chatter = gentle female, which is pid frame 46. Okay, sure it's gentle. But look at the gender ratios. All of them are male, meaning it's impossible that if you hit your seed, you got a female. And I know that this isn't a 100% female pokemon because you said your other breeds were male.

Do it over, do 1 chatter, and verify that you hit your seed by catching something right after getting your egg and see if the IVs land on frame 14~20 for your seed

To do this, select method 5 standard seed in main screen and input your seed. If you look at frame 8, it'll have the 31/31/31/20/31/31. When you get your egg and its assigned IVs, it'll move the IV frame to 14. When you walk to the grass/cave/whatever to get your wild pokemon, you might trigger your 128 step counter, causing your IV frame to +X depending on how many pokes in your party (Your egg counts as 1 pokemon)

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus

There's no way that you'd be getting a PID on the PID starting frame. The NPCs should advance it 5-10 frames and your chatter should advance it once.
My best bet is that you're hitting the wrong Timer0.

The pokemon you catch after flying right after picking up the egg should have the IVs of 10/21/12/21/21/4. Unless your steps taken manages to advance the IV frame in which case it would probably be under frames 17-21.

If it does turn out that you have actually been hitting your seed the problem is probably that you aren't consistent enough and need to mash X to open the menu faster and mash A to talk to the guy after you close the menu faster. The only other possibility is that the NPCs are screwing it up but they shouldn't cause more than 1 or 2 extra advances and I don't see a Gentle anywhere close to where it should be.

Is the fact he's using a seed under the capture tab totally irrelevant or...? I ask because supposedly bearsfan mentions that in his videos and that...doesn't sound right, to me anyways.

No it's fine. The shiny egg finder just does a lot of grunt work for you, but it's mostly utilized with very specific parents. In those cases, you are allowing RNG to do 3 of the stats, while you have the parents pass down a total of 3 stats.

If your parents are both 31 all, and rng frame 8 is 31 all, even though the parents will overwrite 3 stats in the RNG, they're replacing 31 with 31, so it won't matter.

Okay, now I can see right off that you didn't go and verify your seed. You believe that 1 chatter = gentle female, which is pid frame 46. Okay, sure it's gentle. But look at the gender ratios. All of them are male, meaning it's impossible that if you hit your seed, you got a female. And I know that this isn't a 100% female pokemon because you said your other breeds were male.

Do it over, do 1 chatter, and verify that you hit your seed by catching something right after getting your egg and see if the IVs land on frame 14~20 for your seed

To do this, select method 5 standard seed in main screen and input your seed. If you look at frame 8, it'll have the 31/31/31/20/31/31. When you get your egg and its assigned IVs, it'll move the IV frame to 14. When you walk to the grass/cave/whatever to get your wild pokemon, you might trigger your 128 step counter, causing your IV frame to +X depending on how many pokes in your party (Your egg counts as 1 pokemon)

There's no way that you'd be getting a PID on the PID starting frame. The NPCs should advance it 5-10 frames and your chatter should advance it once.
My best bet is that you're hitting the wrong Timer0.

The pokemon you catch after flying right after picking up the egg should have the IVs of 10/21/12/21/21/4. Unless your steps taken manages to advance the IV frame in which case it would probably be under frames 17-21.

If it does turn out that you have actually been hitting your seed the problem is probably that you aren't consistent enough and need to mash X to open the menu faster and mash A to talk to the guy after you close the menu faster. The only other possibility is that the NPCs are screwing it up but they shouldn't cause more than 1 or 2 extra advances and I don't see a Gentle anywhere close to where it should be.
Ok. I did the process of catching a wild pokemon right after getting the egg(Victory Road). I did it 5 times, same thing one each one. 4/5 I got some random seed that I couldn't find: 16/23-24/23-23/14-15/16-17/10-11. 1/5 I got the seed on frame 14: 10/10/21/12/21/21.

That means each time you hit the random IVs that didn't match up, you missed your seed (most likely due to timer0 fluctuation). You ignore these and should restart your game

When you did hit your seed, and those IVs matched up, it means your egg is what you want. This is when you hatch your egg and check it's nature, gender, ability, etc. You can then figure out what PID frame you're on. Don't forget to account how many chatters you did.

Is it possible to RNG a shiny Pokemon that appear within swarms in 5th gen? I've been trying to RNG a shiny Wynaut for hours now but I keep getting nothing.
The front page mentions that Pokemon appearing in swarms don't replace Pokemon within the ESV table. Does this contributes towards the difficultly of RNG'ing any of them?

That means each time you hit the random IVs that didn't match up, you missed your seed (most likely due to timer0 fluctuation). You ignore these and should restart your game

When you did hit your seed, and those IVs matched up, it means your egg is what you want. This is when you hatch your egg and check it's nature, gender, ability, etc. You can then figure out what PID frame you're on. Don't forget to account how many chatters you did.
-_- so much trouble. Ill finally get my first hatched flawless soon. Thanks for all the help.

The front page mentions that Pokemon appearing in swarms don't replace Pokemon within the ESV table. Does this contributes towards the difficultly of RNG'ing any of them?
I'm not too sure, but I think swarms are still 40% chance of appearing. I usually don't go for swarms too often (Or end up breeding them), but when I do, I just leave it up to luck. Hit my seed, and let NPCs/chatters move my PID and hope I get what I want.

@Above: Yes it's tedious because you always have to do it twice. But it's probably just more frustrating for you right now because of how hard it seems to hit your timer0

Trying to find my parameters...I'm almost positive I did everything right. I was trying to find my parameters yesterday, and things were working smoothly. However, for some reason, RNG Reporter didn't save it. -_-

Edit: Oh yeah, the problem is that I'm not getting any values after I hit "Search"

Edit2: WOW, I found out what was wrong. I didn't put in my whole MAC Address -_-

My guess is your set of IVs you found. How did you narrow them down to the exact IV? If you used serebii.net and used their median value, that's wrong. I recommend metalkid's calculator (although serebii's is fine as well, but metalkid has a better interface imo). You should be using the range of values, meaning like

16 / 20~23 / 0~1 / 31 / 10~14 / 19~20

Is the first cave in Wellspring Cave a good place to find parameters early ingame? I have an AR for IVs, I'm just not sure about NPCs that I can't see.

Alright so now I have some frames. I decided that I'll go for the very second value listed, since it's only on a frame of 2.

I'm saved in front of Cobalion right now. I have a differential of +1 differential. If I understand things correctly, I should press "A" to go into my game at 12:27:15 on June 3rd, 2011, then press A immediately on Cobalion, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)