5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Hi there.
I was trying to RNG abuse for a shiny flawless Excadrill.
The main problem is that I can't be sure that I get an encounter from a dust cloud.
So far I've tried 5-6 seeds and I've always found items.
I know the encounter/item decision is PID based and I also checked the research thread, but I didn't understand how it works.
Is someone willing to explain to me how can I check if a certain PID frame leads to an encounter?
Thank you.

Hi there.
The main problem is that I can't be sure that I get an encounter from a dust cloud.
I know the encounter/item decision is PID based and I also checked the research thread, but I didn't understand how it works.
Is someone willing to explain to me how can I check if a certain PID frame leads to an encounter?
Thank you.
From what I have found, all PID frames that your synch would kick in is where you will find an item. So you will need a PID frame that the synch does not work. Those are the frames that yield a Pokemon.

Hi there.
Thank you.
From what I have found, all PID frames that your synch would kick in is where you will find an item. So you will need a PID frame that the synch does not work. Those are the frames that yield a Pokemon.
What Winters Zombie says is correct (though not sure if it is for all circumstances), as I have used it this way as well. However even though my Dust Cloud frame was not a sync one, if that same frame is a synch-able frame in Wild Captures, then it will also synch in Dust Clouds even though it says it won't. That is how I was able to get adamant and jolly (or any nature for that matter) using the exact same frame.

What Winters Zombie says is correct (though not sure if it is for all circumstances), as I have used it this way as well. However even though my Dust Cloud frame was not a sync one, if that same frame is a synch-able frame in Wild Captures, then it will also synch in Dust Clouds even though it says it won't. That is how I was able to get adamant and jolly (or any nature for that matter) using the exact same frame.
I only tried about 2 seeds, so it could be all circumstantial. Every time I hit a frame that the synch should work, it would give me the item, but when there was no synch working check present is where I found a Pokemon.

^Lol, you're not supposed to RNG the roamer at the Champion. The IVRNG advances 120 frames per second in battle (post 1) so that's just not going to work.
Could have sworn I put in a sentence stating I didn't care about the IVs. Maybe I forgot or edited it out. Either way, now you know.

Well, it depends on how it's made exactly, but I would say twice.
Hm... I've been told by someone else earlier today that it was probably three. He also said he was "90% sure on this, but the calculated starting frame already accounts for the frame advancing by 1. So, if you make 0 PID advancements, the game advances 1 by itself when the Pokemon's IVs are generated - for wild, stationary, and roaming Pokemon, anyway." Is this true? I think I'm overcomplicating this...

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The game chews 6 calculations at the end of the Champion battle (with a full party).

Your E4 roamer PID would be on frame Initial+Advanced+7.

Why is it when looking for a pattern of natures for my roamer seed i cant find any. Its in the winter and im hitting the right seed. Im doing increments of 5 chatters and i just now dont know what to do ? Any help would be really appreciated :)

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
Why is it when looking for a pattern of natures for my roamer seed i cant find any. Its in the winter and im hitting the right seed. Im doing increments of 5 chatters and i just now dont know what to do ? Any help would be really appreciated :)
pid%6, and since the rain advances so rapidly you really have to be quick.

Get a spreadsheet output from reporter of the Roamer Seed and filter the natures you are getting, and find where they all congeal in.

Ok, so working backwards...

51 - 42 (Starting Frame) - 7 = 2

Alright, 2 saves then.
initially you'd get frame 1, but you'd then get frame 7. Just make sure on that!

This is going to sound like a non-issue, but when I breed I just have the most incredibly bad luck hitting my seed. I use my "main" version, White, for breeding, and I've calibrated it time and time again, finding that I hit C85 and C86 exactly the same number of times. But when I breed using one or the other, I will very frequently hit the wrong seed ten or more times in a row. This wouldn't be annoying if it happened for short lengths, or if it didn't happen very often, but this is uncanny. When RNGing a roamer or a field Pokemon I'd maybe hit the wrong seed four times in a row once or twice; in the case of Thundurus, I only hit the wrong seed four time in a row once in the 3-4 days I spent doing it.

The obvious answer is, "Well, switch it to the other." Then what happens? The game decides it likes the other one better. I just missed 13 seeds in a row, and switched, and missed the next 5 seeds. Is this normal for breeding? Are there files people get that hit seeds in, say, an 80/20 ratio instead of 50/50? Do I just need to buy a new cart and "hope for the best," or is this a problem that can be solved in the game's initial setup a la ID/SID generation?

I don't want to sound whiny--I know everybody has shitty luck once in a while--but I'm really, really losing patience with this game's stubbornness. I definitely don't want to give up RNGing but what the hell can I do now? What do y'all suggest? Anything is very much appreciated.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
This is going to sound like a non-issue, but when I breed I just have the most incredibly bad luck hitting my seed. I use my "main" version, White, for breeding, and I've calibrated it time and time again, finding that I hit C85 and C86 exactly the same number of times. But when I breed using one or the other, I will very frequently hit the wrong seed ten or more times in a row. This wouldn't be annoying if it happened for short lengths, or if it didn't happen very often, but this is uncanny. When RNGing a roamer or a field Pokemon I'd maybe hit the wrong seed four times in a row once or twice; in the case of Thundurus, I only hit the wrong seed four time in a row once in the 3-4 days I spent doing it.

The obvious answer is, "Well, switch it to the other." Then what happens? The game decides it likes the other one better. I just missed 13 seeds in a row, and switched, and missed the next 5 seeds. Is this normal for breeding? Are there files people get that hit seeds in, say, an 80/20 ratio instead of 50/50? Do I just need to buy a new cart and "hope for the best," or is this a problem that can be solved in the game's initial setup a la ID/SID generation?

I don't want to sound whiny--I know everybody has shitty luck once in a while--but I'm really, really losing patience with this game's stubbornness. I definitely don't want to give up RNGing but what the hell can I do now? What do y'all suggest? Anything is very much appreciated.
It's the initial seeding that determines if you hit it or not, not the method of RNG you are doing.

If you can't hit your seed and think you should, try re-saving. The game has to load the save file before it seeds, and the Timer0 is grabbed after that happens. A minuscule amount of time loading a differently encrypted file can cause a preference for one timer0 instead of the other for a particular save.

This is my speculation, but my first sentence still explains why your conclusion is incorrect.

I didn't mean to conclude "One aspect of RNGing is different than the other," only "I'm getting very different results breeding than I did capturing, what's happening?"

I will definitely try saving again. Thank you.

initially you'd get frame 1, but you'd then get frame 7. Just make sure on that!
Sorry, but I don't really understand what this means. Could you explain a bit more? Is there something about the PID frames (or how/when they advance) that I'm unaware about?

My first attempt at this failed anyways. From the looks of it, I just got unlucky with my timer0 (nature matches the frame 51 of the adjacent seed).

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This is going to be a really noobish question lol but here goes how do i get a spreadsheet output?
Right-click on the results from your search, output to CSV. This is a comma-separated format that will open in things like excel.

Get a spreadsheet output from reporter of the Roamer Seed and filter the natures you are getting, and find where they all congeal in.

When you say filter. How do i filter the natures

You can do it on RNG reporter, just go to the (top?) right and choose a nature and it will filter.

Keep the starting frame at like 500 though.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens

When you say filter. How do i filter the natures
export reporter's output to csv, open in excel, select the nature column and apply a filter (top right corner).
You have to find the "nature lookup table", it's posted around smogon somewhere. You can show multiple natures in excel while Reporter can only show 1 at a time.

=========

Say your initial frame (the first roamer you'd get) is frame 1, if the battle didn't advance the RNG at all. But it does! +6 from the battle.

You are getting the roamer on frame 7.

Say your initial frame (the first roamer you'd get) is frame 1, if the battle didn't advance the RNG at all. But it does! +6 from the battle.

You are getting the roamer on frame 7.
I thought that +6 was part of the "+7" in "Initial+Advanced+7".

Because my first attempt and thought process was:

42 (Starting Frame of Seed / Initial) + 2 (Saves / Advanced) + 7 (6 from Champion + 1) = 51 (Shiny PID frame)

So are you saying it's "Initial + 6 + Other Advances + 7"? Or that I'm supposed to be looking for a Shiny PID Frame on Frame 7?

Just to make sure, while attempting to catch a shiny timid Litwick...

Encounter type has to be "Wild Pokemon".

And since starting PID frame is 48 and I'm aiming for 811, I walk 128 steps to get a PID of 304, turn 253 times for a PID of 810, then go to Chatot's summary for +1 PID, making a total of 811.

Is this right so far?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Just to make sure, while attempting to catch a shiny timid Litwick...

Encounter type has to be "Wild Pokemon".

And since starting PID frame is 48 and I'm aiming for 811, I walk 128 steps to get a PID of 304, turn 253 times for a PID of 810, then go to Chatot's summary for +1 PID, making a total of 811.

Is this right so far?
You're better off getting another chatot and just going back and forth between them. Walking/turning to get the PID isn't entirely predictable at the moment.

I have a research document here, that I've been looking into the advancement. This is pretty much all we've got at this point.

You're better off getting another chatot and just going back and forth between them. Walking/turning to get the PID isn't entirely predictable at the moment.

I have a research document here, that I've been looking into the advancement. This is pretty much all we've got at this point.
Oh, ok. Guess I gotta be a bit more patient with my future RNG'ing, then.

What is the lowest possible PID frame to hit while RNGing a Roamer. Im finding spreads that are between 450-600 that Id like to hit.

I have read the best place to RNG it is by starting in the house and not out in the rain right in front of the encounter spot. I know that starting in the house and RNGing it from there will result in 600-750 roughly for the PID frame- is there a way I could lower that and still hit my shiny frame?

I aplogize if this sounds ridiculous but Im just trying to understand the process for the roamer.

Also, I have heard that snow and regular rain can stack with roamer rain?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)