5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I've been trying to catch an all 31 Ditto, and I keep getting Clefairy, with all 31's. I didn't get rid of the fog. Ikept trying, walking in different grass spots, and when I get ditto it has the same horrible spread, but its nowhere to be found on RNG Reporter. What's happening.
You're walking when you shouldn't be doing that/walking more than the required steps? You're probably tripping the 128 step counter (no you don't actually have to walk the full 128 steps to trip it).
Why wouldn't you get rid of the fog so you can sweet scent? You like making things harder for yourself?

You're walking when you shouldn't be doing that/walking more than the required steps? You're probably tripping the 128 step counter (no you don't actually have to walk the full 128 steps to trip it).
Why wouldn't you get rid of the fog so you can sweet scent? You like making things harder for yourself?
Well this is my first try at RNGing, I thought Sweet Scent avanced the frames.

Ok, so I read how to remove fog and I can do that, but won't it still be Clefairy if I try again? I read something about PIDRNG and encounter slots, how do I manipulate that?

EDIT: I don't know how it changed things, but instead of doing what I did earlier, I got rid of the weather and used sweet scent, and sure enough, I caught a flawless Ditto. I couldn't seem to find it on RNG Reporter, but I don't think I care.

When using the 4th/5th Gen Shiny Egg Tab on the RNG Reporter does it only come back with Shiny Pokemon because I'm confused.

If not is there a way to make it count non-shinies because that way I'll have bigger search results. My Dragonite has to have 28 Speed :(

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
When using the 4th/5th Gen Shiny Egg Tab on the RNG Reporter does it only come back with Shiny Pokemon because I'm confused.

If not is there a way to make it count non-shinies because that way I'll have bigger search results. My Dragonite has to have 28 Speed :(
don't use your SID?

Also, if you find a frame 8 flawless seed (for wild Pokemon), you can use that seed too (experiment)

I have already gotten many pokes RNged on my DS lite (using the non c-gear seed) but I will probably be forced to connect to the internet using my 3DS.
I know that my FC changes and I lose things in my pal pad..
but when I get back to my DS lite will I be able to RNG using the same DS parameters as before?

New roamer seed, can someone help me find an estimated initial frame?

Seed: 7ABC27E49B9FF7CC
Date: 02/24/2021
Shiny target: 868
I've saved in an Autumn month, when I go out of the house, I let the seasons change, I don't press A. Also, there is no weather before Thundurus flies in.

0 chatters: Careful, Alert to sounds.
5 chatters: Timid, Alert to sounds.
10 chatters: Hasty, Alert to sounds.
15 chatters: Bold, Alert to sounds.
20 chatters: Careful, Alert to sounds.

Much appreciated.

I'm in the Giant Chasm trying to RNG Ditto, but when I enter the date/time for my SEED it is foggy and my Sweet Scent fades and I can't catch the Ditto (its in Frame 1). Do I need to find another SEED? Also seeing as Defog is not helpful for this situation.

Red

I'm in the Giant Chasm trying to RNG Ditto, but when I enter the date/time for my SEED it is foggy and my Sweet Scent fades and I can't catch the Ditto (its in Frame 1). Do I need to find another SEED? Also seeing as Defog is not helpful for this situation.
nope. save in the grass, turn off, advance your date by 1 month. enter the game. encounter a pokemon. run. save again, then set your date back to your seed date, and hit your seed!

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
So now that I'm done with VGC I have a few questions for projects I'm going to try to do.

First of all I'd love to RNG the Scrafty wondercard I got at worlds this weekend. From what I'm looking in the guide for shiny wondercards I just need to do a wondercard method and that I need to search for 60-100 since the starting frame will be some high number, kinda like how Nature/Shiny abuse is. Since this Wondercard is a set nature (from what I can tell) and isn't shiny, is there anything special I need to know?
I've been trying seed 24FF784C5D0A36F9. Starting frame of 38 target frame of 95. I should need something slightly below 57 advances to get these IVs correct? I understand NPCs or something may cause extra advances.

The second thing I want is shiny roamers. I want to know what would be easier. Either I find a shiny frame for the roamer above 600 or 700 since when I caught mine before I remember the seed I hit was near there. Then I figure out where I start on that seed and avance until I manage to hit it. Or would it be easier to ID/SID abuse so that I can just hit and get the PID of something easy and then start a new game with the ID and SID I need?

nope. save in the grass, turn off, advance your date by 1 month. enter the game. encounter a pokemon. run. save again, then set your date back to your seed date, and hit your seed!
Thanks! And does encountering a pokemon increase the frame? Cause I'm having trouble getting ditto on my first sweet scent

Thanks! And does encountering a pokemon increase the frame? Cause I'm having trouble getting ditto on my first sweet scent
When you sweet scent, the PID frame advances 2-3 (I can't remember). During the battle, the IV Frame advances like 120 per second or something.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The PID Frame does not advance when you sweet scent, you're thinking of 4th gen PoJ :P.

The IV frame advances in battle approximately 120 times per second.

Hello, I am using RNG Reporter Version 9.81 Beta. I am trying to RNG a shiny Sandile. The two parents are:
Male Jolly Sandile w/ Everstone-31/16/25/0/17/19
Foreign Ditto-Flawless

My questions are: is there a space to tick in Foreign, or does that not matter? Did I do it correctly by putting Sandile as the Father and Ditto as the Mother? Finally, under PID, it gives a series of letters and numbers(like a seed) instead of a number. What am I supposed to do with that?

I've saved in an Autumn month, when I go out of the house, I let the seasons change, I don't press A. Also, there is no weather before Thundurus flies in.

Much appreciated.
This is what Zoap found, is this correct?

477-Careful
482-Timid
489 Hasty
494 Bold
501-Careful

I believe its around 477 for your starting frame :)

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hello, I am using RNG Reporter Version 9.81 Beta. I am trying to RNG a shiny Sandile. The two parents are:
Male Jolly Sandile w/ Everstone-31/16/25/0/17/19
Foreign Ditto-Flawless

My questions are: is there a space to tick in Foreign, or does that not matter? Did I do it correctly by putting Sandile as the Father and Ditto as the Mother? Finally, under PID, it gives a series of letters and numbers(like a seed) instead of a number. What am I supposed to do with that?
In the breeding method drop-down box thing choose B/W International as the breeding method when using a foreign pokemon. The PID isn't really something to worry about but that is what determines gender/nature/ability/shinyness. RNG Reporter tells you what the PID will yield for you.

In the breeding method drop-down box thing choose B/W International as the breeding method when using a foreign pokemon. The PID isn't really something to worry about but that is what determines gender/nature/ability/shinyness. RNG Reporter tells you what the PID will yield for you.
Well, when I normally RNG Stationary pokemon, the PID(or nearby shiny) is a specific number. When I try on the Shiny Eggs, the PID is a series of numbers and letter, similar to a seed. How do I find the starting PID, and the amount of PID frames I have to advance?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder

Much appreciated.
588 - Careful
593 - Timid
599 - Hasty
629 - Bold ( Could be human error )
644 - Careful

Hm, well, I'm not sure actually.

Using 9.81 Beta.

Practicing RNG breeding by trying to RNG some shinies without concern for the IVs, but I'm having a ton of trouble. I'm going to try a few more times before posting what's going on, but in the meantime, some questions.

- In the first page, when it says "NPCs will behave the same way for the same seed.", does that mean that, given that I open the menu and later talk to the Daycare Man at a consistent speed, the NPCs will move the same number of times and the PID advances from them should be the same amount all the time?
- Is there a way to find adjacent seeds for Shiny Egg Frames? The IV frame 8 for my seed has a 31 IV in HP, so even in the case of PID frames where none of the IVs are inherited from the Ditto (it's flawless), there's the 31 IV in HP so I can determine the characteristic. On at least one occasion, I got an egg without a single 31 IV, so it was likely timer0 or a frame where it's replaced with the other parent's HP IV, but without an adjacent seed to check, I don't really know.
- When I press "Generate" to search for Shiny Egg frames, I notice that the nature goes from whatever I selected to "Any", and it becomes greyed out. Can I not specifically search for genders this gen?
- On a non-RNG related note, do Flame Body/Magma Armor and Hatching Powers from the Entralink stack? If so, is it safe to turn on the C-Gear AFTER receiving the egg and using the Hatching Power?

*sigh* I miss the easiness of HG/SS RNG breeding now. <_<

ObviousEnd said:
- In the first page, when it says "NPCs will behave the same way for the same seed.", does that mean that, given that I open the menu and later talk to the Daycare Man at a consistent speed, the NPCs will move the same number of times and the PID advances from them should be the same amount all the time?
Yes. You should be saved in front of the daycare man. Hit your seed, let the season message fade, While it's fading mash X to bring up the menu as quickly as possible, exit the menu immediately, grab the egg as quickly as possible and then go hatch it. It should match a PID frame near your "Calculated initial PIDRNG Frame." The matching frame is your actual starting frame (with minimum NPC advancement factored in). Then simply redo it (turn off without saving) and next time you can advance to your target frame since you now know your actual starting frame.

- Is there a way to find adjacent seeds for Shiny Egg Frames? The IV frame 8 for my seed has a 31 IV in HP, so even in the case of PID frames where none of the IVs are inherited from the Ditto (it's flawless), there's the 31 IV in HP so I can determine the characteristic. On at least one occasion, I got an egg without a single 31 IV, so it was likely timer0 or a frame where it's replaced with the other parent's HP IV, but without an adjacent seed to check, I don't really know.
You don't need adjacent seeds for eggs. If you want to know if you hit your seed before you hatch the egg, fly to victory road immediately after you hatch the egg, sweet scent and catch the first Pokemon you encounter. Check its IVs and if they match IV frame 14 or 14+Z (Z is the number of Pokemon in your party), it means you hit your seed. If it doesn't match you missed your seed.

- When I press "Generate" to search for Shiny Egg frames, I notice that the nature goes from whatever I selected to "Any", and it becomes greyed out. Can I not specifically search for genders this gen?
That's probably something that will be fixed in a later update.

Btw, right click in the main window and click "display parents in search." It will allow you to enter the parents' IVs and the seed IVs. To find the seed IVs choose method 5 (standard seed) in the main window and look at frame 8.

Yes. You should be saved in front of the daycare man. Hit your seed, let the season message fade, While it's fading mash X to bring up the menu as quickly as possible, exit the menu immediately, grab the egg as quickly as possible and then go hatch it. It should match a PID frame near your "Calculated initial PIDRNG Frame." The matching frame is your actual starting frame (with minimum NPC advancement factored in). Then simply redo it (turn off without saving) and next time you can advance to your target frame since you now know your actual starting frame.
Yeah, I tried finding my actual starting frame a few times. I ultimately found the one for my adjacent seed, but the one for my wanted seed seems all over the place. Guess I'll try a few more times..

You don't need adjacent seeds for eggs. If you want to know if you hit your seed before you hatch the egg, fly to victory road immediately after you hatch the egg, sweet scent and catch the first Pokemon you encounter. Check its IVs and if they match IV frame 14 or 14+Z (Z is the number of Pokemon in your party), it means you hit your seed. If it doesn't match you missed your seed.
Good to know. I'll put a sweet scenter in my party now.

That's probably something that will be fixed in a later update.

Btw, right click in the main window and click "display parents in search." It will allow you to enter the parents' IVs and the seed IVs. To find the seed IVs choose method 5 (standard seed) in the main window and look at frame 8.
Alright then. Thanks for the help.

Are there any moving NPCs in Chargestone cave in the areas where you can catch Tynamo?

I seem to be having difficulty hitting my seed and I've tried each floor of the cave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)