5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Well just got the shiny Drilbur after like two tries so wasn't a big deal. I'm going to abuse the fossil next since that's where I'm at now after restarting my black. The starting IV frame is 8 right? Do I still have to select 8 as min/max if I choose Gift Pokemon as my method during my search or is it already built in (Frame 1 for gift pokemon = actually Frame 8).

Well just got the shiny Drilbur after like two tries so wasn't a big deal. I'm going to abuse the fossil next since that's where I'm at now after restarting my black. The starting IV frame is 8 right? Do I still have to select 8 as min/max if I choose Gift Pokemon as my method during my search or is it already built in (Frame 1 for gift pokemon = actually Frame 8).
Yeah, apparently, eggs are the only gift Pokemon that are frame 8, for some reason :p

I'm having a (justifiable, I believe) bit of trouble with hatching a shiny egg... I've taken screenshots (below).

Basically, I've found what I believe to be my target frame of 62, and have a pair of chatots with Chatter recorded...

I get into the game (press A at 3ds menu) at 01/20/12 20:37:44, hold no buttons, leave the C-Gear off, then pause immediately, advance from the "Calculate Initial PIDRNG" button to the target frame. At which point I'm hatching non-shiny shinx's... I'm guessing the NPCs moving on the route are messing up my initial PIDRNG frame?

If that's the case, how do I determine what frame I'm actually hitting? Apologies.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
First, please put large images in
tags so it doesn't make the page all huge. Second, is that 2 in the starting frame what you're counting from? If so, that's definitely not correct. Third, yes, the NPCs will advance the frame. It's usually about 3-5 extra advances if you get into the menu right away. You just have to look at the nature, ability, and so on to see if it matches any frames near where you started.

Edit: yeah, and what Zerofocus said. That's probably the main problem.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm having a (justifiable, I believe) bit of trouble with hatching a shiny egg... I've taken screenshots (below).

Basically, I've found what I believe to be my target frame of 62, and have a pair of chatots with Chatter recorded...

I get into the game (press A at 3ds menu) at 01/20/12 20:37:44, hold no buttons, leave the C-Gear off, then pause immediately, advance from the "Calculate Initial PIDRNG" button to the target frame. At which point I'm hatching non-shiny shinx's... I'm guessing the NPCs moving on the route are messing up my initial PIDRNG frame?

If that's the case, how do I determine what frame I'm actually hitting? Apologies.

You're not actually accounting for the 7-to-8 second delay of the 3DS. It takes that long to start a DS game on a 3DS, so you were actually hitting a seed that was probably 7 seconds later (20:37:51 or so).

First, please put large images in
tags so it doesn't make the page all huge.Second, is that 2 in the starting frame what you're counting from? If so, that's definitely not correct. Third, yes, the NPCs will advance the frame. It's usually about 3-5 extra advances if you get into the menu right away. You just have to look at the nature, ability, and so on to see if it matches any frames near where you started.
Really sorry about that. First time posting here, and didn't even think to look for hide tags because I'm an inconsiderate jerk ._.

Second, I'm not sure where that 2 came from, it was on 44.

Third, The NPCs advance the frame ~3-5 correct? I don't need to make an *additional* 3-5 advances because of them? Just want to make sure I'm reading that correctly.

You're not actually accounting for the 7-to-8 second delay of the 3DS. It takes that long to start a DS game on a 3DS, so you were actually hitting a seed that was probably 7 seconds later (20:37:51 or so).
Ah, I see. This makes a bit more sense, and I'll give it a go here when I get home in a bit. Thank you, all. Hopefully I shouldn't have to ask any/many more stupid questions.

I literally just made an account here because this is pissing me off so much.

I'm trying to get a flawless Timid Staryu/Starmie on Route 13 using my original DS. Time Finder gave me several good times and I'm starting everything up correctly (Method: IVs Standard Seed; Encounter Slot 1; Encounter type: Wild Surfing; 1 second delay with proper Timer0 numbers; Encounter frame is frame 1 so it should be no advancement?).

The problem I'm having is I have no idea what to do once I start the game. Am I supposed to turn in the water or swim forward? I know there are NPCs but just like getting the egg on route 3, if you react fast enough, shouldn't that not matter?

I've RNGed several flawless eggs on a flawless Jolly Terrakion, so I know how to do most standard seeds. I just can't figure out how to do wild pokemon (especially while surfing)!

I literally just made an account here because this is pissing me off so much.

I'm trying to get a flawless Timid Staryu/Starmie on Route 13 using my original DS. Time Finder gave me several good times and I'm starting everything up correctly (Method: IVs Standard Seed; Encounter Slot 1; Encounter type: Wild Surfing; 1 second delay with proper Timer0 numbers; Encounter frame is frame 1 so it should be no advancement?).

The problem I'm having is I have no idea what to do once I start the game. Am I supposed to turn in the water or swim forward? I know there are NPCs but just like getting the egg on route 3, if you react fast enough, shouldn't that not matter?

I've RNGed several flawless eggs on a flawless Jolly Terrakion, so I know how to do most standard seeds. I just can't figure out how to do wild pokemon (especially while surfing)!
Wild Pokemon are just like stationary Pokemon, except you have to use Sweet Scent to encounter the Pokemon. So once you get into the game, use Sweet Scent to encounter a Pokemon, catch it, check the IVs to make sure you hit your seed, then find out which PID frame you hit. Then hit your seed again and advance the PID frame accordingly and then sweet scent. Bring a synchronizer if necessary.

Ah ok. I saw people mentioning Sweet Scent, but I figured it was only for the calibration phase. I guess it makes sense though -_-'

Thanks!

I only have nintendo 3ds so I just can use the c-gear seed method right?
I'm kinda new with rng so this is the first time using it. I just saved in front of kyurem and after some calibration I hit the time 22:09:39 and delay 2158. iIm supposed to hit 22:09:39 and delay 2161.

what do I need to do? hit the right delay or that's not necessary in the first time?

You need to hit exactly right delay if your C-Gear RNGing. But you can do 3DS Standard Seed now. Just load newest RNG Reporter and search your parameters.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Is it just me? Or does this happen to everyone too...
Why is it that 9.94 doesn't show synchronize frames correctly?

I have a seed here, 871433E543721896, starting frame at 42, shiny frame at 143 (stationary pokes) & 141 (wild pokemon in caves/grass).
Target date & time is at 1/6/2012 (January 6, not June 1), 00:35:14, Keypresses are Left & L buttons.
My DS MAC is 001dbce65b4d, Black Version (English), TID 57936, SID 61548.
TimerOs at C7B or C7C.

The previous version(s) do show this seed at time finder, but 9.94 can't... even if I choose all 3,2,1, and no keypresses, and the Skip L/R button box is unchecked.

You need to hit exactly right delay if your C-Gear RNGing. But you can do 3DS Standard Seed now. Just load newest RNG Reporter and search your parameters.
since I can't hit the right delay, I will try the standard method now on...

so I calibrated and my actual seconds was 31 instead of 30, this means when I hard reset the game I need to do it 1 second earlier of the time in the time finder right?

I set the date and the time, and for example if the time is 14:05:48, I start the game at 14:05:47, but then I check the Iv's of the catched pokemon and they don't match...what's the problem? 3ds don't show the seconds so maybe the problem is the synchronization with the external clock

sorry for bad english

since I can't hit the right delay, I will try the standard method now on...

so I calibrated and my actual seconds was 31 instead of 30, this means when I hard reset the game I need to do it 1 second earlier of the time in the time finder right?

I set the date and the time, and for example if the time is 14:05:48, I start the game at 14:05:47, but then I check the Iv's of the catched pokemon and they don't match...what's the problem? 3ds don't show the seconds so maybe the problem is the synchronization with the external clock

sorry for bad english
i think you should start the game 8 seconds before your target time for 3ds.i dont know thats what people who have a 3ds says.try that maybe?
im not sure ok cuz i dont have one

You need to give more information. What frame are you aiming for on that seed? What nature are you getting?

How have you configured the Wonder Card Settings for your search? I see a Jolly 31/31/31/20/31/31 at frame 87, but no Adamant.
Sorry for reponding lately, but I went with the Jolly one...

One more question. Is there a definite pattern to the NPCs at the Daycare? Some say yes, others say no?

Ah ok. I saw people mentioning Sweet Scent, but I figured it was only for the calibration phase. I guess it makes sense though -_-'

Thanks!
Ok, now I seem to be having a problem with the NPCs in the area. Route 13 has several parasol ladies and trainers that keep screwing up the RNG. In fact, I've been consistently battling Wingulls instead of Staryus, so it might be something else. Wingulls are Encounter Slot 0 and Staryus are slot 1, so maybe that might have something to do with it?

Ok, now I seem to be having a problem with the NPCs in the area. Route 13 has several parasol ladies and trainers that keep screwing up the RNG. In fact, I've been consistently battling Wingulls instead of Staryus, so it might be something else. Wingulls are Encounter Slot 0 and Staryus are slot 1, so maybe that might have something to do with it?
You have to advance the PID frame in order to get different encounter slots.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is it just me? Or does this happen to everyone too...
Why is it that 9.94 doesn't show synchronize frames correctly?

I have a seed here, 871433E543721896, starting frame at 42, shiny frame at 143 (stationary pokes) & 141 (wild pokemon in caves/grass).
Target date & time is at 1/6/2012 (January 6, not June 1), 00:35:14, Keypresses are Left & L buttons.
My DS MAC is 001dbce65b4d, Black Version (English), TID 57936, SID 61548.
TimerOs at C7B or C7C.

The previous version(s) do show this seed at time finder, but 9.94 can't... even if I choose all 3,2,1, and no keypresses, and the Skip L/R button box is unchecked.
I had a feeling this was going to happen to someone. For now, set the max frame in your search to 7, in order to disable fast searching. You should see the seed then. The dataset used for fast searching includes physical flawless (31\31\31\x\31\31), but it is missing spreads where any one of them is replaced with a 30.

It's tricky, but if you save at one point and from there can catch a Pokemon on a consistent pidrng frame (ie, assuming you're using sweet scent, mashing x as the game starts and using it), you can then figure out where your effective starting pidrng frame is instead of what it would be otherwise with no moving npcs (as the npcs will generally advance the frame by the same amount) and from there advance it the proper amounts with chatot to hit the right pidrng frame you want.

So say the NPCs advance the frame by 8 by the time you've hit X and SS (from say the normal 41 it is starting) and the frame you want with the right encounter slot is 60, since the frame is now effectively on 49 by the time SS goes off, just chatot 11 times initially before SS and you should hit pidrng frame 60.

Guys, about the step counter thing for Shaking Spots, does the step you make a spot appear count as the first step on a new cycle?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)