5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Okay, did that, got a seed. Actually, I found out why I couldn't find any seeds with the time finder earlier; Victini can't have stuff like 30/31/30/31/31/31 IVs. So I've got a list of possible times to get good-IV'd Adamant Victinis.

Next question: The frames I'm getting are above 100; what does that mean in terms of advances needed?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay, did that, got a seed. Actually, I found out why I couldn't find any seeds with the time finder earlier; Victini can't have stuff like 30/31/30/31/31/31 IVs. So I've got a list of possible times to get good-IV'd Adamant Victinis.

Next question: The frames I'm getting are above 100; what does that mean in terms of advances needed?
Sure it can. You just might need to increase the maximum frame or search multiple months to find them.

The frame starts on around 40-55 depending on the seed. Put the seed into the main window and click "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame" to find out what it is. Subtract that from your target frame, and that's how many advances you need to do.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Oh, my. :O Thanks, Tytus and voodoo pimp. Took a bit to Chatter 59 times (112 - 53), but I got that Adamant HP Ice (30/31/30/23/31/31) Victini. :) Thanks!

How can I find out what I'm hitting when breeding? I'm using seed 96E4942726DF7A8B.

IDs: 14081/42949
Target IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0

Father: 31/31/31/31/31/0
Mother: 31/31/31/13/31/27

Ditto box doesn't isn't check off, as I'm not using a Ditto.

Shiny frame is on 71, I supposedly start on 43. So I do 28 chatters while going into the menu/receiving egg as fast as possible. The most common IVs I've gotten are 31/31/31/31/31/18 and 31/9/31/31/31/28. The one time I did get the IVs I want, I didn't get the PID I wanted.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Moving NPCs will usually add about 3-5 to your starting frame, so you should look around there for what you're hitting. You need to figure it out based on the nature, gender, inheritance, etc. If you can't find a match within about 10 of your target, then you probably hit the wrong Timer0.

But does it make sense to get the IVs but not the PID? Just now I hatched two eggs, both had the IVs, but both were female and not shiny, instead of male and shiny. Should I just use one of them as the other parent and find a new seed?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
If your parents are good, then it's entirely possible to have other nearby frames that would give the same IVs.

There's no sense in using one of them as a new parent - you already have a seed, and for shiny you have to hit a single frame, so better parents won't make it any easier.

If your parents are good, then it's entirely possible to have other nearby frames that would give the same IVs.

There's no sense in using one of them as a new parent - you already have a seed, and for shiny you have to hit a single frame, so better parents won't make it any easier.
You're right, dumb me. I just imported one of them into Pokecheck and it turns out the PID belongs to Frame 73. Guess I just gotta do two fewer chatters. I should have figured it out if I paid closer attention to the inheritance. Oops

Idea for next RNG Reporte Version

I think it would be useful if, in a future version of RNG Reporter, there is an option to calculate both the Mersenne Twister RNG and PIDRNG simultaneously. It would be very useful for Natures and Shinies with good IVs.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think it would be useful if, in a future version of RNG Reporter, there is an option to calculate both the Mersenne Twister RNG and PIDRNG simultaneously. It would be very useful for Natures and Shinies with good IVs.
This feature has been around for a long time. You need to search for IVs with the Search for Nearby Shinies checkbox checked.

Research post with a full guide and explanation will be up later today, but for now --

You need to take the time and delay of your C-Gear seed and work backwards to find your Standard Seed.

1) Before you attempt this, move all Entralink Pokemon except your target into the Deep Clearing. This minimizes the effect of randomly moving Pokemon on your timing.

2) Let's say I have a C-Gear seed with a date of 2\14\2012, a time of 3:59:57 and a delay of 5623. Each delay is 1\60 of a second, so we need to divide it by 60 to get the total number of seconds. 5623 / 60 = 93.7 seconds.

3) Subtract 93.7 seconds from my C-Gear seed time to get the time of the standard seed, because that's when delay starts counting. 3:59:57 - 93.7 seconds = 3:58:23

4) Plug the date, time, and your DS parameters into the Adjacent Seed tool (under the 5th Gen Tools menu), and click Generate. You'll be given a list of standard seeds. Seeds in white have your target seconds; seeds in grey are adjacent seconds and\or Timer0s. The tool will also give you Chatot pitches for each seed so you can verify your seed.

5) Plug the seed in the main window, with Gen 5 PIDRNG and Entralink Pokémon selected. Calculate the initial PIDRNG frame. Look for a frame that has the nature you want, but also gives you enough time to get into the Entralink. (50 seconds minimum is ideal.) It also should not be on a "skip" frame.

6) When doing your Chatters to verify your seed, you must do them in a multiples of 3, otherwise the timing and skipped frames will change.

7) When you turn on the C-Gear, that is when you must start keeping track of time. Enter the Entralink when necessary.

8) Move to the forest as quickly as possible and then talk to the Pokemon to stop it from moving. Wait until the timer says you have reached your target frame, then select "Yes" to encounter your Pokemon. If you were successful, your Pokemon should have your desired nature. If not, the moving Pokemon's advancements may have messed up your frame.
Is this available yet? I think I've done the first 5 steps right but I'm a little confused about the rest.

I'm having some issues generating a matching shiny frame in the main window of RNG reporter using Gen V PIDRNG after using time finder to find the perspective shiny frame. I've attached an image to show what I'm talking about in case my first sentence was confusing as hell :). Basically, every time I try to find the matching shiny frame in the main window for PIDRNG the encounter slot is *always* accurate, the nature *never* accurate, and there is *never* a "!!!" to denote the frame will be shiny. Oddly enough, last night I RNGd a shiny Virizion with matching IVs with no problems. My ID/SID are both accurate, so there must be something I'm missing. Given that the encounter slot matches up with the frame, I think perhaps something is going wrong with either my IDs or the PID. It's probably something simple I'm missing, but thanks for any help!

http://i.imgur.com/HZgDM.jpg

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Any word on when Gen V breeding will be fixed in RNG Reporter (the SpA, SpD and Speed bug)?
As soon as the next release is out, presumably.
I'm having some issues generating a matching shiny frame in the main window of RNG reporter using Gen V PIDRNG after using time finder to find the perspective shiny frame. I've attached an image to show what I'm talking about in case my first sentence was confusing as hell :). Basically, every time I try to find the matching shiny frame in the main window for PIDRNG the encounter slot is *always* accurate, the nature *never* accurate, and there is *never* a "!!!" to denote the frame will be shiny. Oddly enough, last night I RNGd a shiny Virizion with matching IVs with no problems. My ID/SID are both accurate, so there must be something I'm missing. Given that the encounter slot matches up with the frame, I think perhaps something is going wrong with either my IDs or the PID. It's probably something simple I'm missing, but thanks for any help!

http://i.imgur.com/HZgDM.jpg
Required Lead
Cute Charm (25% M)

I'm guessing that's the problem.

I'm having trouble with the chatter, im hitting my seed but i need to advance the frame by 11. Do i have to create a new chatter each time to advance it by 1?

I'm having trouble with the chatter, im hitting my seed but i need to advance the frame by 11. Do i have to create a new chatter each time to advance it by 1?
No, you don't need a new chatter each time. Are you sure you need to advance the PID frame 11 times? Maybe you're supposed to advance the IV frame 11 times, if getting the wrong IVs is your problem.

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
No, you don't have to create a new chatter. You can use the one you already have recored.

edit: ninjad

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
You should have already created a custom Chatter before you saved. It's listening to the Chatter, not creating it, that advances the frame, so all you have to do is view Chatot's summary 11 times.

guys im trying to find a 31/31/31/31/31/31 entralink seed but the only one i found is on frame 64.so after saying no to the pokemon the frame will be 47 .so i have to advance 17 frames which is hard.is there a way to find another seed

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
This is to be expected; RNG Reporter has started storing settings in a configuration file rather than the registry. You are supposed to see a message saying "RNG Reporter has detected a corrupt configuration file, which has been deleted. RNG Reporter must be restarted." Even if you don't see the message, and get the error anyway, restart RNG Reporter and it should be fine.
I know this is a super late reply but I forgot already.
It's actually a corrupt configuration file which got written automatically or something
Code:
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Unrecognized configuration section userSettings. (C:\Users\AJ\AppData\Local\Smogon\RNGReporter.exe_Url_5wrfmfehl5lca5rqhohy3wedh0ai4inw\1.0.0.0\user.config line 3)
Oddly enough line 3 looks pretty normal to me but here's my user.config file:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
    <userSettings>
        <RNGReporter.Properties.Settings>
            <setting name="MyState" serializeAs="String">
                <value>Normal</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="MyLoc" serializeAs="String">
                <value>0, 0</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="MySize" serializeAs="String">
                <value>700, 400</value>
            </setting>
        </RNGReporter.Properties.Settings>
    </userSettings>
</configuration>
For some reason it didn't write this section which is needed in the settings:
Code:
    <configSections>
        <sectionGroup name="userSettings" type="System.Configuration.UserSettingsGroup, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" >
            <section name="RNGReporter.Properties.Settings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" allowExeDefinition="MachineToLocalUser" requirePermission="false" />
        </sectionGroup>
    </configSections>[/hide]

Ok, so I've had great success with the program thusfar. But I noticed when using RNG reporter on my girlfriend's laptop, the menu seems to get a bit "scrunched up"

Here's a Screenshot if anyone can help me get this straightened out... It doesn't do this on my home PC, I've also tried uninstalling RE: Deleting, redownloading, and extracting to a few different locations.

I'm on a 17in. laptop right now. It does this on both her laptop, and her twin's (they both have the same laptop).

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok, so I've had great success with the program thusfar. But I noticed when using RNG reporter on my girlfriend's laptop, the menu seems to get a bit "scrunched up"

Here's a Screenshot if anyone can help me get this straightened out... It doesn't do this on my home PC, I've also tried uninstalling RE: Deleting, redownloading, and extracting to a few different locations.

I'm on a 17in. laptop right now. It does this on both her laptop, and her twin's (they both have the same laptop).
Control Panel -> Display -> Change from Larger (150%) font to Smaller (100%) font.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)