5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Mega derp *~*. That's usually what the problem is. I just plugged the seed into the main window and checked Ditto Parent. It's 54 now. Thanks!

Hello everyone. I apologize for asking this here if it's not appropriate. I have a few questions on the RNG Reporter 9.94 in conjunction with the main article on Smogon.com. I am new to Gen5 RNGing but I have successfully obtained a stationary Musharna with IVs that I wanted (just to test really). It's the PIDRNG that I'm a bit confused on.

First, what does it mean to have "Synchronized Frames Only"? I am thinking something to do with nature and using a Pokemon with Synchronize.

Secondly, the article states: "In the Capture Tab section of Time Finder, select Method 5 PIDRNG in addition to your Encounter Type." Method 5 PIDRNG isn't an option in this new version of RNG Reporter. The options are IV (Standard Seed) and simply PIDRNG, do I just select PIDRNG? It doesn't say (Standard Seed) next to it like the IV one so that's why I'm confused. I'm also a bit confused on the "Encounter Type" and how that works, but I'll try to figure that one out.

I'll stop there for now, sorry for being a newb. I've watched the videos and read different articles on the forums and while I think I understand the execution, I don't fully understand how you go about imputing things into the RNG Reporter, especially when it comes to getting good IVs via MTRNG in addition to nature/ability/shininess etc via PIDRNG.

First, what does it mean to have "Synchronized Frames Only"? I am thinking something to do with nature and using a Pokemon with Synchronize.
Reporter will only search for frames that can be Synchronized. Letting you capture it with whatever nature you want (assuming you have a Synch at the top of your party with the specific nature). It also eliminates the need of a Cute Charm lead if going for a specific gender.

Secondly, the article states: "In the Capture Tab section of Time Finder, select Method 5 PIDRNG in addition to your Encounter Type." Method 5 PIDRNG isn't an option in this new version of RNG Reporter. The options are IV (Standard Seed) and simply PIDRNG, do I just select PIDRNG? It doesn't say (Standard Seed) next to it like the IV one so that's why I'm confused. I'm also a bit confused on the "Encounter Type" and how that works, but I'll try to figure that one out.
Like you said, it's just IV (Standard seed) and PIDRNG now. It doesn't say Standard seed next to it because you can't control the PIDRNG with the C-Gear anyway, so it's always going to be a Standard abuse (non C-Gear). Encounter Type is simply exactly what it sounds like.

And btw, when you search for a PIDRNG seed, you won't be able to go for IVs, just the PID (gender, ability, shininess, etc). If you want to go for both, you need to search for a Standard IVs seed with all the IVs + PID info inserted.

Thanks for the reply, that does help me understand a bit more. I'll see if I can figure it out, but I might be back :P Thanks again.

I want to attempt DreamWorld RNG (on desmume) but the instructions weren't really clear, or at least weren't clear to me, specially the part about the re-seeding the game when I warp to the entralink forest. If anyone with more experience in it could help me I'd be very grateful. I'm more than familiar with delays and gen4 RNG and I RNGed my liberty garden Vicnity by standard seed so I guess it's more of a language-barrier problem than anything else.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Find a guide for C-Gear RNG (standard seeds are totally different except for the PID part, which you shouldn't be worrying about until you can consistently get the right IVs). Entralink is basically the same process, except your delay ends when you go to the Entralink rather than when you turn on the C-Gear, and the IV frame starts on 21.

So I should go for IVs on frame 21+ so won't risk accidentally going over 128 steps and having the IV-frames advanced by the number of pokemon in my party?

When does the re-seeding happens, when I confirm that I want to warp or on the end of the little animation?

"And btw, when you search for a PIDRNG seed, you won't be able to go for IVs, just the PID (gender, ability, shininess, etc). If you want to go for both, you need to search for a Standard IVs seed with all the IVs + PID info inserted."

Alright Im still having some trouble understanding how to put this all together. Are you saying once I have gotten my seed from MTRNG for IVs I have to use that seed to figure out the PID? What exactly is all the PID info? How do I get it? And where do I insert on the program?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
If you're trying to get a shiny Pokémon, then just check the Shiny box in Time Finder and it will take that into account when you search.

If you're not, or once you've gotten a shiny seed, then you go to the main window, set it to Gen 5 PIDRNG, and paste in your seed. That will give you all the PID info for each frame.

hey smogon,

i have a question about the new version of RNG reporter. i noticed the new 'egg' function, and decided to try it out. in the past, i've also done RNG breeding through a process of searching for standard seeds and hoping for the right inheritance pattern, so this feature seemed potentially very useful. although i can't get it to work.

i'm using a flawless ditto, and trying to bred with a rotom (31/x/x/31/x/31), and am looking for a flawless hp ice rotom. not too sure where i'm going wrong. my ditto happens to be timid also, so i'm not overly fussed by the PID at this point. although the IVs dont match either. i've tried a few different spreads, but am still unable to hit the one i want.

i have ditto registered as the female parent, although i'm not sure if this is correct. i have min/max advances both set to 0, as i just want to be able to collect my egg with advancing anything (not sure if this refers to the frame or the pid).

other than that, im not sure what i could be doing wrong.

suggestions?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Min/max advancement refers to the amount of frames you're willing to advance to get your eggs. Setting your max advancement to zero means you wouldn't need to make any advancement. There's something tough, WNPCs will always advance some frames for you so you need to take that into consideration.

If I were you I would set the minimum to 5 and the maximum to 50. Save in front of the daycare man and make sure you have two chattos with a customized chatter on your party. Reset your clock and hit your seed,hatch the egg and compare all the information from the egg with the frames provided by your seed on the main window of RNG reporter.
Once you know how many frames the WNPC are advancing you will be able to determine how many chattos flips you will need to do.

hey smogon,
i have a question about the new version of RNG reporter. i noticed the new 'egg' function, and decided to try it out. in the past, i've also done RNG breeding through a process of searching for standard seeds and hoping for the right inheritance pattern, so this feature seemed potentially very useful. although i can't get it to work.

i'm using a flawless ditto, and trying to bred with a rotom (31/x/x/31/x/31), and am looking for a flawless hp ice rotom. not too sure where i'm going wrong. my ditto happens to be timid also, so i'm not overly fussed by the PID at this point. although the IVs dont match either. i've tried a few different spreads, but am still unable to hit the one i want.

i have ditto registered as the female parent, although i'm not sure if this is correct. i have min/max advances both set to 0, as i just want to be able to collect my egg with advancing anything (not sure if this refers to the frame or the pid).

other than that, im not sure what i could be doing wrong.

suggestions?
first of all setting min max advance to 0 means youll almost never get the pid frame.because the npcs in route 3 advances the pid frame no matter what. so set it to 10-100 or something.
what you have to do is,
1.save infront of the daycare man which has the egg.
2.hit your seed.
3.and when the season screen shows up, mash X so that youll get to the menu as fast as possible.(during the season screen npcs still advance the iv frame)
4.then close the menu and immediately mash A to collect your egg.
5.then fly to victory road and catch a pokemon using sweet scent.
6check its ivs.
7.in the main window of rng reporter,
set these
method= gen 5 ivs(standard seed)
encounter type wild pokemon
enter the seed you are using
hit generate.
8.if the ivs of the pokemon you just caught match one of the iv frames from 14-20(most of the time 14)
then you can verify that you definitely hit your seed(if not you hit your other timer0 value)
9.then hatch the egg you collected.
10.and in the main window
method=breeding bw
everstone =(you know it)
enter the seed
calculate initial pidrng frame(youll get a starting frame)
then generate.
11.say you got a starting frame of 47 in the window
12but because of the npcs advance the frame it will be shifted by about 2-6ish frames up.
12.then match the nature /ability/gender with the frames there.
13.so that is your starting frame now.
14.so say your starting frame for pid is 50 then you have to re-hit your seed
15.then do the above things until you open the menu.
16.advance the pid frame via chatots . number of chatot flips =50-47=3(in the example)
17.then collect your egg .do the rest.and hatch the egg

If you're trying to get a shiny Pokémon, then just check the Shiny box in Time Finder and it will take that into account when you search.

If you're not, or once you've gotten a shiny seed, then you go to the main window, set it to Gen 5 PIDRNG, and paste in your seed. That will give you all the PID info for each frame.
The only "Shiny box" I see is the "Search for Nearby Shiny Frames". If it's just a nearby Frame doesn't that mean it's not going to have the right IVs?

So I Calculated Initial PIDRNG Frame and put in the seed and Generated results. I noticed it says Low or High next to a number (##) for the Chatot column. Like on Frame 45, which is my initial PIDRNG frame, it says High (96). If 1 recorded Chatot cry advances the frame by one, and my initial frame is 45, why does it say to do it 96 times?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
The only "Shiny box" I see is the "Search for Nearby Shiny Frames". If it's just a nearby Frame doesn't that mean it's not going to have the right IVs?

So I Calculated Initial PIDRNG Frame and put in the seed and Generated results. I noticed it says Low or High next to a number (##) for the Chatot column. Like on Frame 45, which is my initial PIDRNG frame, it says High (96). If 1 recorded Chatot cry advances the frame by one, and my initial frame is 45, why does it say to do it 96 times?
The IV frame and PID frame (which controls shininess) are determined separately. All that does is limit seed results to ones that have a shiny PID frame within whatever number of advances you specify. It won't affect the IV results at all.

(96) refers to the pitch of Chatot's cry, it has nothing to do with advances. Just ignore that column for now, you don't really need it unless you're doing Entralink abuse.

Oh right, I knew there were 2 separate frames I don't know what I was thinking, thanks XD

That makes a lot more sense, I thought it was weird there was a column for Chatot.

Sorry to be an annoyance but I have a couple more questions. It says Required Lead: Cute Charm (50% F). I assume that means I need someone with Cute Charm in the Lead but why? What exactly does that do? Also, what exactly do the percentages mean that are listed 50% F, 12.5% F, etc, and then they each have an F or M. Does that tell you what gender it will be depending on the ratio of the Pokemon you're going to run into? Sorry for the stupid questions but I just wanna make sure I understand what I'm working with.

Sorry to be an annoyance but I have a couple more questions. It says Required Lead: Cute Charm (50% F). I assume that means I need someone with Cute Charm in the Lead but why? What exactly does that do?
When you have Cute Charm in the lead slot, it changes the PID RNG frames (as in, the natures, abilities, etc.) for some reason that I don't know. If you don't use a Cute Charm lead, then the PID frame won't be possible to hit. Also, notice how it says 50% F in (). That means that your target Pokemon has to have a gender ratio that is 50% Female.

I can't really explain it more than that. :P

Also, what exactly do the percentages mean that are listed 50% F, 12.5% F, etc, and then they each have an F or M.
The percentages refer to your target Pokemon's gender ratio, and then the M or F will tell you if it's male or female.

Alright well thanks both of you for all the info. It was very helpful. I'll get it down eventually. 8D

EDIT: Oh duh I just realized how stupid my last question was rofl. Thanks again.

Min/max advancement refers to the amount of frames you're willing to advance to get your eggs. Setting your max advancement to zero means you wouldn't need to make any advancement. There's something tough, WNPCs will always advance some frames for you so you need to take that into consideration.

If I were you I would set the minimum to 5 and the maximum to 50. Save in front of the daycare man and make sure you have two chattos with a customized chatter on your party. Reset your clock and hit your seed,hatch the egg and compare all the information from the egg with the frames provided by your seed on the main window of RNG reporter.
Once you know how many frames the WNPC are advancing you will be able to determine how many chattos flips you will need to do.
first of all setting min max advance to 0 means youll almost never get the pid frame.because the npcs in route 3 advances the pid frame no matter what. so set it to 10-100 or something.
what you have to do is,
1.save infront of the daycare man which has the egg.
2.hit your seed.
3.and when the season screen shows up, mash X so that youll get to the menu as fast as possible.(during the season screen npcs still advance the iv frame)
4.then close the menu and immediately mash A to collect your egg.
5.then fly to victory road and catch a pokemon using sweet scent.
6check its ivs.
7.in the main window of rng reporter,
set these
method= gen 5 ivs(standard seed)
encounter type wild pokemon
enter the seed you are using
hit generate.
8.if the ivs of the pokemon you just caught match one of the iv frames from 14-20(most of the time 14)
then you can verify that you definitely hit your seed(if not you hit your other timer0 value)
9.then hatch the egg you collected.
10.and in the main window
method=breeding bw
everstone =(you know it)
enter the seed
calculate initial pidrng frame(youll get a starting frame)
then generate.
11.say you got a starting frame of 47 in the window
12but because of the npcs advance the frame it will be shifted by about 2-6ish frames up.
12.then match the nature /ability/gender with the frames there.
13.so that is your starting frame now.
14.so say your starting frame for pid is 50 then you have to re-hit your seed
15.then do the above things until you open the menu.
16.advance the pid frame via chatots . number of chatot flips =50-47=3(in the example)
17.then collect your egg .do the rest.and hatch the egg
[/HIDE]
thanks guys.

didnt realise that npcs were moving before i collected the egg. that changes things quite a lot.

Well I just RNG'd a bred Pokemon and everything turned out right except the speed IV ended up being 2,3 when it should have been 31. All of the other IVs were 31 and they were all supposed to be 31. I used an everstone on the Pokemon and the gender even came out to be correct so it sounds like I must have hit my frame correctly, yet the Speed IV is off. It's especially weird because the speed IV was supposed to be taken from the Ditto I bred it with. (Ditto was the female) How could this be?

Edit: The Pokemon I was breeding was a Squirtle, and I just realized the output for ability was 1. Squirtle only has a 0 right? (other than dreamworld). Could/Would this be an issue?

Yes I did. Id also like to note that it said all 3 IVs were coming from the female (the ditto), doesn't one have to come from the male? that would make sense why one IV was off. Is that a rule or can they all come from one parent?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)