5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Is there a list of NPC free places somewhere?
They should really put this list somewhere in this thread :o

Wellspring Cave (1F-B1F)
Rumination Field (For the sake of being thorough)
Relic Castle (1F-B6F)
Lostlorn Forest
Chargestone Cave (B1F)
Celestial Tower (3F-5F)
Twist Mountain (Cave with Exit to Icirrus City)
Route 17
P2 Laboratory
Mistralton Cave (2F-Guidance Chamber)
Dragonspiral Tower Entrance (North of Icirrus City, not the area with the bridge)
Dragonspiral Tower Interior (1F-2F)
Route 9
Route 10 (South of Victory Road; the third area of the Badge Check Gates)
Victory Road (1F1, 1F2, 1F3, 2F2, 5F, 7F)
Victory Road (Exterior)
Trial Chamber
Marvelous Bridge
Giant Chasm (Outside)
Giant Chasm (Outer Cave)
Giant Chasm (Inner Cave; including Kyurem’s Cave)
Challenger’s Cave (1F)

There might be more or less, but I think that's all of them.

I can't seem to understand exactly how I determine the initial frame when having saved in front of the daycare man. Up until now I know I have to open up the menu asap so the wandering NPCS do not alter the frame, chatot once and then close the menu and immediately receive the egg and then hatch it.
This is where I am not sure how to proceed, I do know I have to use the hatched pokemon's stats to find the initial frame through the rng reporter but I don't know which window of the reporter to use nor which info exactly I have to input to get a list of frames and compare them to my pokemon.
I am under the impression this is done in the rng reporter's main window but then again what are the fields I have to fill to get that list of frames ?

EDIT: So now after messing the the calculate PIDRNG initial frame button I think I only have to fill the seed in order to get it, is this correct ?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
First thing first; npcs will always advance your frame given the fact they start moving before you have control over your character. They won't advance that many frames ~between 3 and 5.

To calculate your shifted starting frame,shifted because npcs will advance your frames,you have to go to the main page on rng reporter. Fill out the information regarding what kind of abuse you ara using aka bw national/international and wheter or not you're using an everstone. Copy and paste the seed and generate the results. Now,if you look to your right you'll see a small rectangle that reads "calculate inial PIDRNG" click on that, it should take you to frame ~50ish.

When you're done with that right click on any frame and go to display parents in search and fill out the ivs. Remember that the rng ivs come from frame 8 under gift pokemon.

When your done with that click okay and the exact ivs,natures and characteristics for a given frame should show up.

And that's about it, now just try to hit your seed again and talk to the man without chatting even once. Hatch the egg and compare with what you have on the main page, the pokemon you got should be in the first 10 frames if not then probably you missed your timer 0.

If you did get it though write down wich frame you hit and substract that from your target frame to see how many chatots flip you have to do.

When i try to synchronize my Dsi clock with my pc clock i see that i hit "ok" button with my pen in the exact moment when external clock hit the 00 second, the DSi clock are not synchronize. Every time i reset the delay appear changed, where is my error?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Why not use an online stopwatch instead? Remember that you don't have to hit a delay just a specific second which shouldn't be that hard

First thing first; npcs will always advance your frame given the fact they start moving before you have control over your character. They won't advance that many frames ~between 3 and 5.

To calculate your shifted starting frame,shifted because npcs will advance your frames,you have to go to the main page on rng reporter. Fill out the information regarding what kind of abuse you ara using aka bw national/international and wheter or not you're using an everstone. Copy and paste the seed and generate the results. Now,if you look to your right you'll see a small rectangle that reads "calculate inial PIDRNG" click on that, it should take you to frame ~50ish.

When you're done with that right click on any frame and go to display parents in search and fill out the ivs. Remember that the rng ivs come from frame 8 under gift pokemon.

When your done with that click okay and the exact ivs,natures and characteristics for a given frame should show up.

And that's about it, now just try to hit your seed again and talk to the man without chatting even once. Hatch the egg and compare with what you have on the main page, the pokemon you got should be in the first 10 frames if not then probably you missed your timer 0.

If you did get it though write down wich frame you hit and substract that from your target frame to see how many chatots flip you have to do.
Thanks a lot, exactly what I needed. How come all this isn't written anywhere else.

You talk about EONTimer?
To find the DS Parameters i need to start the game at a specific hh:mm:ss.
The problem is the DSi clock has no second hand, but i see the differences when the clocks change minutes. The DSi clock go 1 or less sec forward or backward.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Thanks a lot, exactly what I needed. How come all this isn't written anywhere else.
You're welcome! Hope it helps!

You talk about EONTimer?
To find the DS Parameters i need to start the game at a specific hh:mm:ss.
The problem is the DSi clock has no second hand, but i see the differences when the clocks change minutes. The DSi clock go 1 or less sec forward or backward.
Not necessarily. I use this one http://www.online-stopwatch.com/ myself and it works pretty well. Just start the timer at the same time as your ds clock and enter the game when the timer hits your target second. Keep in mind that you'll usually have to start a second prior.

I know that. But my DSi seconds are a bit lower or higher than the external clock seconds. I tryed and tryed but the difference still remain.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Wait...wait...wait...you don't have your parameters yet right?if that's so then just try to find them with what you have. When I said to start a second prior was because the clock is delayed,but delayed only, by about a sec. When you get your parameters it will tell the exact second you hit so you can dedude what time you should be starting your game

You right, i haven't it.
I made a try and start the game at 14:32:25, no sec prior. The result in DS Parameters Finder is "Actual Seconds 27". I suppose 1 sec to not starting a sec prior and 1 to my DSi delay? Right?
Now i need to subtract 2 sec from the time appear in Time Finder. Right?
Sorry about my english. :(

Has anyone ever successfully calibrated the parameters using a flashcart ?
If so can you provide those parameters so I can get an idea of the ranges I should search within, I use the old R4 on a DS Lite.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
So I'm having a difficult time with the Time Finder (version 9.95 BETA).

I use the time finder and find an appropriate seed and frame for a shiny wild Pokemon. However when I input the full seed into the main window and actually look at the PIDRNG information, the nature isn't the same as what the the Time Finder says, and it's not shiny either.

Am I doing something wrong?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yes, you need to set the main window to use Cute Charm (click where it says Synchronize). Also, that seed won't work unless the Pokémon you're trying to get has an 87.5% male gender ratio.

I need to find the parameters of my DSi. Since I can't see the second hand from the main menu (and I need my current seconds to input into RNG Reporter and compare to the "actual seconds" to find my offset), what's the best way to do it? When I tried to synchronize the DSi's clock with my PC clock (by releasing the DSi's and PC's "OK" icons simultaneously), there was a slight difference. Should I just set EonTimer to a random seconds value, set my DSi clock and start EonTimer simultaneously, start my game when the timer expires, and use the length of the timer as my seconds?

I also tried selecting my game immediately after the DSi clock changes to the next minute, but my "actual seconds" value fluctuated between 2 and 3.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I use EonTimer with my DSi XL, and the way I do it for standard seeds is to set the calibration to -60, and the target seconds to the actual seconds I need to hit. Then when EonTimer hits 0, start the game from the DS menu as normal (and hold buttons if needed).

Has anyone ever successfully calibrated the parameters using a flashcart ?
If so can you provide those parameters so I can get an idea of the ranges I should search within, I use the old R4 on a DS Lite.
Mine are:
VCount 5D, Timer0 C2A, GxStat 6, VFrame 7.

Can someone help me with Entralink RNG? I'm hitting my seed and getting the right IVs, but I always get the wrong nature.
My time for the nature is 2:40.55, I start the timer when I turn on the C-Gear and when the time finishes I say “yes” to the pokémon. Am I doing something wrong?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
When doing a time search for a 5th gen egg, if I'm using a Ditto and a gendered Pokemon, do I put Ditto in the opposite gender fields as the parent, or is Ditto always considered a specific gender?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
When doing a time search for a 5th gen egg, if I'm using a Ditto and a gendered Pokemon, do I put Ditto in the opposite gender fields as the parent, or is Ditto always considered a specific gender?
Ditto is always the opposite gender of the other parent unless it's genderless, in which case Ditto is female.

Can someone help me with Entralink RNG? I'm hitting my seed and getting the right IVs, but I always get the wrong nature.
My time for the nature is 2:40.55, I start the timer when I turn on the C-Gear and when the time finishes I say “yes” to the pokémon. Am I doing something wrong?
Start the nature timer when you press A to warp to the Entralink (at the same time the first timer ends). You may be a few frames ahead of your desired frame, but just simply adjust your timer and you'll get your wanted nature with relative ease.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)