5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I haven't done it yet, but BW has timers and iffy nature hitting and BW2 only has Timer0 trolling (which you can sort out with Chatot pitches) so I'm going to say BW2.

Which sucks because both of my games have leftover Arceus' I need to get. :/
~Uiru

What's a good early area to start catching Pokémon for calibration in BW2? Is it alright if I use routes with wandering NPCs if I always open the menu as quickly as possible and get into battle at the same time for each attempt?

So I attempted to RNG a flawless shiny Virizion in Black 2, and managed to get everything right... Except the HP stat, which turned out to be 29 even though the Time Finder claimed it would be 31.

I've managed to successfully RNG many flawless Pokémon in Black, but this kind of error has never occurred before. Does anyone know how it might have happened, and is there a way to prevent it somehow?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What's a good early area to start catching Pokémon for calibration in BW2? Is it alright if I use routes with wandering NPCs if I always open the menu as quickly as possible and get into battle at the same time for each attempt?
NPCs are irrelevant for calibration, they don't affect the IVs which is all that matters.
So I attempted to RNG a flawless shiny Virizion in Black 2, and managed to get everything right... Except the HP stat, which turned out to be 29 even though the Time Finder claimed it would be 31.

I've managed to successfully RNG many flawless Pokémon in Black, but this kind of error has never occurred before. Does anyone know how it might have happened, and is there a way to prevent it somehow?
That probably means you somehow ended up on the wrong IV frame. Did you set it to 1/1 in Time Finder?

Hi

I've sucessfully RNG a Timid Latios with perfects IV's (curse you Timer0!) with the Standards Seeds procedure. Anyway, now i'm trying to use the PIDRNG to make the next ones shiny and i need to now my starting frame, is it equal to the VFrame constant of the profile?

Thanks!

i'm trying to use the PIDRNG to make the next ones shiny and i need to now my starting frame, is it equal to the VFrame constant of the profile?

Paste your seed into the main window, select Gen 5 PIDRNG, click the "Black/White 2?" checkbox if applicable, and then press "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame". Voila.

...Seriously, what in the world made you think there was any connection between those two? That's so horribly random.

Ive hit the flawless seed I need, but in the adjacent seed, its not flawless.

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z409/jle1076/SmogonRNG.png

theres a screenshot.

I was wondering if theres something I may have done or need to do? Im VERY new to RNG but a person helping me said he had the same problem today on his White 2 RNG as well and asked me to post this. When I set my parameters I chose today for the date but I hit this seed on month 7. I dont knwo if that means much but it happened on other seeds as well

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ive hit the flawless seed I need, but in the adjacent seed, its not flawless.

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z409/jle1076/SmogonRNG.png

theres a screenshot.

I was wondering if theres something I may have done or need to do? Im VERY new to RNG but a person helping me said he had the same problem today on his White 2 RNG as well and asked me to post this. When I set my parameters I chose today for the date but I hit this seed on month 7. I dont knwo if that means much but it happened on other seeds as well
That's normal, don't worry about it. BW2 IVs actually start on frame 3; Time Finder adjusts it for you but the Adjacent Seed tool hasn't been fixed yet since it's low priority.

only thing is that i didn't even come within 9/999 of the seed i wanted, nor is it always the same amount off. in hundreds of tries i've only managed to hit it(my seed) 8 times total.

At about what frames does the wondercard RNG start in BW2? I'm having trouble getting any consistent results on a Genesect.

Also, what is the "Black White 2" box for? Checking it changed the frames slightly, presumably for BW2, but the Time Finder search that got the original frames was done with "Black 2" in the profile already.

What's with the Black 2 Encounter Slots? It lists everything as 'location 1, location 2' and so on?
I could have sworn Kaphotics had an updated encounter table with in game names as oppose to numbers, but maybe I'm getting that confused with the Hidden Grotto encounter tables. Either way, http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4451582&postcount=16519 that should work

At about what frames does the wondercard RNG start in BW2? I'm having trouble getting any consistent results on a Genesect.

Also, what is the "Black White 2" box for? Checking it changed the frames slightly, presumably for BW2, but the Time Finder search that got the original frames was done with "Black 2" in the profile already.
If you are RNGing on B/W2 you might want to check the check box that says B/W2. The PID frame starts a bit higher for a B/W2 seed so if you don't check that box you will never find your SSF if you start from the beginning. While Time Finder may run on your B/W2 parameters, there is no set of parameters for the main window, so you need to check that box to tell it that you are working with B/W2.

As for the starting frame, well that will change for each seed you use so there really isn't a set number.

I want to RNG my ID/SID in B/W2, but without current access to a computer and the Genesect event ending today, can I just start a file, perform the Unova Link Calibration steps numerous times, write down the spinner positions along with their corresponding times, delete my save file, download Genesect, and then find my parameters once I have my computer (and the Unova Link Calibration feature is fixed) using what I wrote down?

I don't see why not, other than the fact that I am unsure how many spinner recordings I would need, and it would also be difficult to follow the seconds on a 3DS without a computer (though I do have an iPhone with a stopwatch and a seconds hand on the World Clock)...

So im extremely new to RNG and the terminology is getting to me -_- I have my parameters and such and have my target seed, im just confused on how I hit it now. Im going for a stationary RNG in BW2, kyurem to be exact. I have someone VERY generous helping me but we are severely separated time zone wise so its hard to communicate. I was wondering if someone could take about 15 minutes out of their day to help me land my first RNG. It says my starting frame is 56 and the frame i need to hit is 74 but in BW2 voodoopimp told me IVs start on fame 3. Does that mean I have to subtract 74-56 and add 3 to that to get to me target frame? Im just REALLY consuded and cant find a BW2 Stationary RNG video

is there anyone else finding some mistakes in the rng reporter main window when it comes to wild pokemon?

there seem to be a lot of natures that are 'bolded', indicating that they can be synchronised while in fact they aren't, and vice versa. I'm on white 2 btw.

Dewey911p said:
If you are RNGing on B/W2 you might want to check the check box that says B/W2. The PID frame starts a bit higher for a B/W2 seed so if you don't check that box you will never find your SSF if you start from the beginning. While Time Finder may run on your B/W2 parameters, there is no set of parameters for the main window, so you need to check that box to tell it that you are working with B/W2.

As for the starting frame, well that will change for each seed you use so there really isn't a set number.
Well, that's the thing. I put the seed gained from a "Black 2" search in Time Finder into RNG Reporter, and it had the same frame (111) as the target frame. When I checked "Black White 2," it shifted to frame 109, while it seems that it should have been consistent with Time Finder's result. Maybe I'm not understanding? I'm doing a Wondercard search based on an earlier page's poster's experiences, but GLAN Wondercard seems to fit the Genesect event more accurately.

Regarding the starting frame, I know that it changes, but is it still in the area of ~40-60?

Hey, where exactly are the wandering NPCs in the Dreamyard? I want to make sure I don't screw up Latios!
South end of the Dreamyard. It's a youngster. I'm not sure if it's one of those NPCs that stops moving after you battle him, so if you haven't battled him yet, check to see if he does. If he does, make sure that you're ready to catch Latios after you battle him.

Well, that's the thing. I put the seed gained from a "Black 2" search in Time Finder into RNG Reporter, and it had the same frame (111) as the target frame. When I checked "Black White 2," it shifted to frame 109, while it seems that it should have been consistent with Time Finder's result. Maybe I'm not understanding? I'm doing a Wondercard search based on an earlier page's poster's experiences, but GLAN Wondercard seems to fit the Genesect event more accurately.

Regarding the starting frame, I know that it changes, but is it still in the area of ~40-60?
I remember having a seed or two like that as well and, iirc, you need to match the frame in the main window in that case. If nothing else, trial and error will tell you which frame is the right one.

As for the general range, yes ~40-60 would be the average.

I want to RNG my ID/SID in B/W2, but without current access to a computer and the Genesect event ending today, can I just start a file, perform the Unova Link Calibration steps numerous times, write down the spinner positions along with their corresponding times, delete my save file, download Genesect, and then find my parameters once I have my computer (and the Unova Link Calibration feature is fixed) using what I wrote down?

I don't see why not, other than the fact that I am unsure how many spinner recordings I would need, and it would also be difficult to follow the seconds on a 3DS without a computer (though I do have an iPhone with a stopwatch and a seconds hand on the World Clock)...
As long as you don't change game carts o DS systems your parameters will remain the same, so if you have already found them, you are set. Alternatively, you could start a new game, RNG the Gensect (finding your parameters before hand), trade it over to another cart/someone else, then restart and abuse your ID.

As for the method you suggested, I can't say if that will work or not since I haven't tried that type of calibration.

And how do I get there?
Go downstairs to the basement and you have to go up another set of stairs to reach him. You need Strength to move a boulder after you fight him or else you will have to go back downstairs and he will start to move again.

I've heard of people finding their parameters immediately after getting their starter in B/W2. With no Rare Candies, PokéCheck, or any way to check IVs, how can I do this?

That probably means you somehow ended up on the wrong IV frame. Did you set it to 1/1 in Time Finder?
Oops, looks like it wasn't set to 1/1 after all. It's been a while since I RNG'd anything, and evidently I don't remember as much as I thought... Thanks for pointing that out!

I have 2 quick questions:

1) Are there Wandering NPCs in Victory Road (any area) in BW2?

2) Is there a list somewhere that tells where Wandering NPCs are located in BW2?

Thanks in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)