5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Just that there isnt actually a 6v spread found within the time interval you selected.
Either try another year (it may take well over 5 years for a single wild 6v pokemon to appear), or loosen your iv standard such as >30 for all but speed, etc
What year should I start with?
Nothing wrong; in order to get more results, go into your profile and enable keypresses. That should do it.
Umm, NO. I enabled keypresses, and the search took FOREVER. Over an hour, and the bar didn't even go up.

Does anyone recall whether TID/SID abuse is possible in Emerald? I know it's definitely possible for R/S, but I didn't see anything explicitly for Emerald.

What year should I start with?

Umm, NO. I enabled keypresses, and the search took FOREVER. Over an hour, and the bar didn't even go up.
You can select to enable one, two or 3 keypresses. You can try with none and 1 keypresses so you can get more result in less time. (also try the update on the opening post, the .net framework one, this will actually acelerate the seeds search)

Also, i Highly recommend the use of Eon Timer. With it you can hit your seed with better precision, even calibration is better.

Last edited:

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Does anyone recall whether TID/SID abuse is possible in Emerald? I know it's definitely possible for R/S, but I didn't see anything explicitly for Emerald.
Not on a retail cart. And for future reference, you should ask here instead.

Well, that is what it supposed to do. The longer you search, the better the chances you will get a viable seed. You can cancel the search once you have found a good result.

Another thing: You can change your year. That might help.

Hello there-
Im currently attempting to capture the roaming Thundurus in W1 on a DeSmuME 9.8.

When I first hit the seed without adjusting the season(winter-autumn) first, my first 5 frames were 467, 471, 466, 471, 507, which seemed well irregular.
Then I tried to change the season first by loading a previous save state. This time, I got warped instantly to 1690, 1696,... without changing anything else. (I didnt continue to try more advancements, because those are already beyond my target anyway.)
In both cases these results were able to be reproduced, upon loading a save state set immediately before entering the overworld.

It seemed also that the time spent going through the dialogue wasnt able to affect the frame. Waiting between lines for ~1s apparently produced the same result as scrolling through them quickly did.

My seed is 0E610362002C5FB1, and my target frame is 1105.

Edit: I do have successfully rnged stationary, wild and wondercard pokemon on the same game.

Hi everyone. For some reason, I seem to be unable to synchronize natures in White2? I mean, it's been over a year since I last RNGed in White2, but I was trying it today and for some reason, the nature I wanted is not what I was getting. And I could swear I'm doing everything correctly!

Method: Gen 5 PIDRNG
Encounter Type: Wild Pokémon
ID / SID: 52091 / 03906
Seed: 7F67BDA5DF534394
Target Frame: 232 (Shiny? Yes.)

So, I've been using a Sassy Munna I found on PokéCheck to try and sync my target Pokémon (and yes, I've set the Munna in the first slot of my party). The nature for the target Pokémon is normally Timid, but it's bolded in RNG Reporter and should be able to be "synced away." Yet, in a strange turn of events, I keep catching that Pokémon with the Timid nature. And I know that's the target Pokémon because it's Shiny, and that's the ONLY Shiny for hundreds of PIDRNG frames. Also has the correct ability, IVs - everything's right BUT the nature is what it would be without a Synchronizer. Any ideas why this is happening?

Last edited:

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi everyone. For some reason, I seem to be unable to synchronize natures in White2? I mean, it's been over a year since I last RNGed in White2, but I was trying it today and for some reason, the nature I wanted is not what I was getting. And I could swear I'm doing everything correctly!

Method: Gen 5 PIDRNG
Encounter Type: Wild Pokémon
ID / SID: 52091 / 03906
Seed: 7F67BDA5DF534394
Target Frame: 232 (Shiny? Yes.)

So, I've been using a Sassy Munna I found on PokéCheck to try and sync my target Pokémon (and yes, I've set the Munna in the first slot of my party). The nature for the target Pokémon is normally Timid, but it's bolded in RNG Reporter and should be able to be "synced away." Yet, in a strange turn of events, I keep catching that Pokémon with the Timid nature. And I know that's the target Pokémon because it's Shiny, and that's the ONLY Shiny for hundreds of PIDRNG frames. Also has the correct ability, IVs - everything's right BUT the nature is what it would be without a Synchronizer. Any ideas why this is happening?
The frame before it is also a Timid nature (Synch fails), right? Why not try one more frame advancement?

The frame before it is also a Timid nature (Synch fails), right? Why not try one more frame advancement?
That would've been a good thing to try, except only frame 232 is shiny while the one before it is not. I DID get the Shiny Timid one. In fact, I also went ahead and found another seed I could use with the Time Finder... And not surprisingly, the Pokémon again had its original nature rather than the synced one (and again was the only Shiny one for miles).

I'm starting to think that Synchronize just doesn't work in the overworld in my White2. I mean, I followed the exact same steps with my White version and I was able to sync natures just fine. I also tried it with the Synchronizer fainted and unfainted - still the same problem (in case that even mattered, which I don't think it does).

And I checked my Munna and it all checks out as legal. All green on PokéCheck.

EDIT: I also tried another Sassy Synchronizer from PokéCheck - still no luck. At this rate, I'm probably just gonna go hatch the sucker. Can't believe I was going through all of this just to have him in a specific PokéBall. But it would be nice to know how to resolve this issue for the future.

Last edited:
Personally I've never rnged a shiny wild pokemon that requires sync.
I do wonder how sync affects pid.
It doesn't change the PID, as far as I know, for Gen V games. I mean, RNG Reporter bolds the natures of Pokemon that can be shifted with a Synchronizer. And I've been targeting frames with bolded natures.

But weirdly enough, following the same exact steps I've been using, I can synchronize natures just fine for my targets in White. Follow those steps in White2 and it fails to ever sync the nature. Unless some mechanics have changed between the first games and their sequels, or I'm forgetting some setting in RNG Reporter 9.96.5, I think it's just my White2 cartridge. :/ Luckily, I don't RNG-catch Pokémon often. But I thought maybe I'm missing some setting or technique.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
It doesn't change the PID, as far as I know, for Gen V games. I mean, RNG Reporter bolds the natures of Pokemon that can be shifted with a Synchronizer. And I've been targeting frames with bolded natures.

But weirdly enough, following the same exact steps I've been using, I can synchronize natures just fine for my targets in White. Follow those steps in White2 and it fails to ever sync the nature. Unless some mechanics have changed between the first games and their sequels, or I'm forgetting some setting in RNG Reporter 9.96.5, I think it's just my White2 cartridge. :/ Luckily, I don't RNG-catch Pokémon often. But I thought maybe I'm missing some setting or technique.
What are you catching? What kind of encounter is it? Are you sweet scenting?

Sounds like you're doing it in the Abundant Shrine, which has WNPCs. Are you sure that's not what is throwing you off?
It's not. I'm used to WNPCs. Usually just find my "calibrated starting frame" with 0 Chatot cries and then count from there. I mean, I've been getting the desired Shiny Bronzor. Has the correct un-synchronized nature as shown in RNG Reporter and the correct IVs. The only thing is, despite going into battle with a Sassy Sync in the first slot of my party (top left, correct? unless I'm going crazy?), the Bronzor's nature is other... even though on the RNG Reporter, the nature is bolded... so it should be able to be altered with a Synchronizer, but that just isn't happening.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hmm, that sounds similar to an issue I have, where RNGR wasn't displaying the proper characteristics for that particular frame. Check the frame above the "sync" frame, and see if the nature matches the one you were getting.

Hmm, that sounds similar to an issue I have, where RNGR wasn't displaying the proper characteristics for that particular frame. Check the frame above the "sync" frame, and see if the nature matches the one you were getting.
The nature DOES match - another Timid. Different encounter slot, though (so not a Bronzor), not shiny, and has a "non-syncable" nature. I thought that was the issue, too. But then when I went to find another seed, 41D6B1E4860F72B6 (target frame: 283), I again got a Shiny Bronzor with all of the expected characteristics, except for the nature (I mean, the nature IS what I would expect if I wasn't leading with a Synchronizer). And the frames before/after have different natures.

During this time, I also went ahead and re-acquired my parameters for White2 (in case something was entered wrong). Those are still the same as before. However, the only noteworthy thing that has changed since I last RNG-captured anything in White2, is that I did the Memory Link. I have that box checked in my White2 profile and on the RNG Reporter, though. I don't know if that would shift anything with the PIDRNG frames - doesn't look like it would, though, when I tried both ways.

In any case, I've already gone ahead and bred the Bronzor for now. Not sure when I'll be RNGing something else in White2 - it's the less preferred game considering the many Timer0s. When I get some free time, I'll see if I can run some "tests" with a less "far away" target frame. Chatot crying over 200x for each attempt is exhausting, lol. Thank you for the suggestions, though.

Hello there-
Im currently attempting to capture the roaming Thundurus in W1 on a DeSmuME 9.8.

When I first hit the seed without adjusting the season(winter-autumn) first, my first 5 frames were 467, 471, 466, 471, 507, which seemed well irregular.
Then I tried to change the season first by loading a previous save state. This time, I got warped instantly to 1690, 1696,... without changing anything else. (I didnt continue to try more advancements, because those are already beyond my target anyway.)
In both cases these results were able to be reproduced, upon loading a save state set immediately before entering the overworld.

It seemed also that the time spent going through the dialogue wasnt able to affect the frame. Waiting between lines for ~1s apparently produced the same result as scrolling through them quickly did.

My seed is 0E610362002C5FB1, and my target frame is 1105.

Edit: I do have successfully rnged stationary, wild and wondercard pokemon on the same game.
Are you trying to get it as a shiny or just non shiny? The thing is with the roamers is that the frame advancement is SUPPOSED to be irregular because of the weather. There's no guaranteed way to hit your desired frame unless you RAM Hack (I don't know how, considered illegal in trades, etc.), you get lucky or you abuse an ID/SID where you know for sure that you can hit your desired frame (more useful when trying to catch a shiny roamer)

However, that's mostly the case for carts. It's easier with emulators, and here's how.

Use the lua script for Pokemon White provided by Kaphotics. It helps confirm you hitting your seed and what frame you're on HOWEVER in my experience so far, it always displays it as -2 of what the frame is supposed to be. Example being if my target frame is supposed to be 72 (according to RNG reporter), in the game it would be frame 70. So for me so far it's a -2 differential, you might have to test and do trial and error yourself to see if that applies to you as well (it might be just me though, for whatever reason)

To confirm the above problem, hit your seed (which is always accurate) advance to your desired frame and catch a pokemon (preferably a stationary). Save the file, open up pokegen and load the save file. Then look at the IVs of the pokemon you caught. If they're the right IVs cool, if not, look at the PID. Then go to RNG reporter, look on the top right under options and change the PID from hex to decimal and look back to RNG reporter results. Look at frames close to your desired frame and see what frame matches the PID of the pokemon you caught. From there you can see what the difference is.

Whoops, major brain lapse. The above paragraph only applies to breeding, not wild pokemon.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?16634-Pokemon-B-W-Lua-scripts

Copy the code he provided and create a new notepad file. Paste it in, save it, then change the extension of the notepad file from .txt to .lua and put it in the same folder as your Desmume folder.

Don't tamper with season changes, just keep the date as it is and advance as usual. However, with this script you'll be able to see what frame you're on. Also remember to ignore the "Current seed" and look at "Initial seed" when using the script so you know that you hit your seed. The picture in the link provided shows what the script is like and how you can use it to your advantage when using an emulator.

I quit RNGing 2 years ago so I don't know how to do anything past Black/White, but I remember this much. I didn't RAM hack the roamer, didn't have the lua script either, so I had to do it by trial and error. You have the luxury of the lua script to confirm what frame you're on and to know you hit your seed.

What you could do now, with the lua script, is let the frames advance when it rains (because now you can see the frames advance but they advance quickly so prepare save states accordingly), then stop advancing the frames near 1000 and then chatot all the way to 1105, thereby hitting your frame. Keep in mind the NPCs and frame differential I stated earlier when using the lua script (but it could just be for me)

Yeah...I think that should work. I don't come here often/post at all, so if you message me I can get back to you on questions. I RNG'd on both emulators in Black/White/4th gen/3rd gen (RAM Hack though) so I have some experience.

I wrote this on your wall but for reference, I think it's File -> Lua Script for Desmume 9.8, but for 9.10 it's under Tools at the bottom.

Last edited:
Are you trying to get it as a shiny or just non shiny? The thing is with the roamers is that the frame advancement is SUPPOSED to be irregular because of the weather. There's no guaranteed way to hit your desired frame unless you RAM Hack (I don't know how, considered illegal in trades, etc.), you get lucky or you abuse an ID/SID where you know for sure that you can hit your desired frame (more useful when trying to catch a shiny roamer)

However, that's mostly the case for carts. It's easier with emulators, and here's how.

Use the lua script for Pokemon White provided by Kaphotics. It helps confirm you hitting your seed and what frame you're on HOWEVER in my experience so far, it always displays it as -2 of what the frame is supposed to be. Example being if my target frame is supposed to be 72 (according to RNG reporter), in the game it would be frame 70. So for me so far it's a -2 differential, you might have to test and do trial and error yourself to see if that applies to you as well (it might be just me though, for whatever reason)

To confirm the above problem, hit your seed (which is always accurate) advance to your desired frame and catch a pokemon (preferably a stationary). Save the file, open up pokegen and load the save file. Then look at the IVs of the pokemon you caught. If they're the right IVs cool, if not, look at the PID. Then go to RNG reporter, look on the top right under options and change the PID from hex to decimal and look back to RNG reporter results. Look at frames close to your desired frame and see what frame matches the PID of the pokemon you caught. From there you can see what the difference is.

Whoops, major brain lapse. The above paragraph only applies to breeding, not wild pokemon.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?16634-Pokemon-B-W-Lua-scripts

Copy the code he provided and create a new notepad file. Paste it in, save it, then change the extension of the notepad file from .txt to .lua and put it in the same folder as your Desmume folder.

Don't tamper with season changes, just keep the date as it is and advance as usual. However, with this script you'll be able to see what frame you're on. Also remember to ignore the "Current seed" and look at "Initial seed" when using the script so you know that you hit your seed. The picture in the link provided shows what the script is like and how you can use it to your advantage when using an emulator.

I quit RNGing 2 years ago so I don't know how to do anything past Black/White, but I remember this much. I didn't RAM hack the roamer, didn't have the lua script either, so I had to do it by trial and error. You have the luxury of the lua script to confirm what frame you're on and to know you hit your seed.

What you could do now, with the lua script, is let the frames advance when it rains (because now you can see the frames advance but they advance quickly so prepare save states accordingly), then stop advancing the frames near 1000 and then chatot all the way to 1105, thereby hitting your frame. Keep in mind the NPCs and frame differential I stated earlier when using the lua script (but it could just be for me)

Yeah...I think that should work. I don't come here often/post at all, so if you message me I can get back to you on questions. I RNG'd on both emulators in Black/White/4th gen/3rd gen (RAM Hack though) so I have some experience.

I wrote this on your wall but for reference, I think it's File -> Lua Script for Desmume 9.8, but for 9.10 it's under Tools at the bottom.
I managed to hit the frame yesterday in only maybe 20ish save state trials and I do consider myself lucky enough.,.;
I used a new seed with target 1614, chatoted up to ~1000, saved a state there, and then proceeded to advance another 100.
I hit 1616 there, so I began to check frame by frame from 80 and up. Hit my target at 95.
Thanks for your insight still. Maybe it is just another myth that the frame delay depends on the time used going through the dialogua.

I have a technical question about the RNG's inner working which might have some relevance for gen6 move legality. I'm not sure this is the right thread to ask, however I couldn't find any more suitable place.
Some old Pokémon (Kecleon, Plusle, Minun, Ferrothorn, maybe others) gained a hidden ability in XY. At the very east Kecleon, Plusle and Minun were available from the Dream World and catchable in the Entree Forest.
Is the "has hidden ability" value (or whatever the HA marker in the actual data structure is) set to true (or 1 or whatever) for those Pokémon when caught this way, even if they don't actually have a HA?
If yes, can this value be inherited?
This might or might not be useful depending on how Pokébank will work (if it works like Pal Park all of this is completely meaningless), but I think it's still interesting to note.

I have a technical question about the RNG's inner working which might have some relevance for gen6 move legality. I'm not sure this is the right thread to ask, however I couldn't find any more suitable place.
Some old Pokémon (Kecleon, Plusle, Minun, Ferrothorn, maybe others) gained a hidden ability in XY. At the very east Kecleon, Plusle and Minun were available from the Dream World and catchable in the Entree Forest.
Is the "has hidden ability" value (or whatever the HA marker in the actual data structure is) set to true (or 1 or whatever) for those Pokémon when caught this way, even if they don't actually have a HA?
If yes, can this value be inherited?
This might or might not be useful depending on how Pokébank will work (if it works like Pal Park all of this is completely meaningless), but I think it's still interesting to note.
Checked my Dream Radar rotom and it doesnt have the HA marker. I dont have any PGL DW pokemon, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)