5th Generation Confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A trailer for the new movie aired today on the back-end of the episodes airing today. This didn't reveal much but did give hints to a brand new Pokémon. Previous material from the producers suggested an electric Pokémon would be one of the key ones. However, the trailer he blanked out that Pokémon with a question mark. It also featured a shot of Dialga, Palkia & Giratina around a spacial disturbance This movie is scheduled for release in July next year and we'll bring even more info when we have it. The title of the film is scheduled to be revealed on the 13th. CoroCoro is likely to have the data and that usually comes out a few days early so be sure to check back for that.
You could find it in bulbapedia or serebii. Looks promising.

well obviously they're making a 5th generation. look at how much money the pokemon company is making! money makes the world go round, and its human nature to be greedy.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If they do, I just hope it's backwards-compatible with D/P/P (meaning there's a way to transfer your pokemon to it).

I'm sure there will be, maybe a system like the GTS where you can upload x-number of pokemon to an online server and download them back...

The legends have been getting bigger and more grand in each Generation, but I honestly don't see how they could get bigger or grander.

In 3rd Gen, Groundon was the Power of Land and Kyogre the Power of the Sea. Presumably, they basically created the Earth. Rayquaza probably had something to do with the atmosphere.

Now, in 4th Gen, we have:
  1. Mesprit, Azelf, and Uxie, the Beings of Emotion, Willpower, and Intelligence, the source of the human soul.
  2. Giratina, who resides in a parallel dimension or something.
  3. Palkia, the Creator of Space, and Dialga, the Creator of Time.
  4. ARCEUS, who is the damn ORIGINAL ONE and was basically the Pokemon version of the Big Bang.
Honesty, I really want to see whether they can make a Legend that is better than the One that made the Ones that made Space and Time. It just doesn't seem possible.

Or will 5th Gen regress in Legendary power (at least storyline-wise, if not stat-wise) to something more realistic?

The legends have been getting bigger and more grand in each Generation, but I honestly don't see how they could get bigger or grander.

In 3rd Gen, Groundon was the Power of Land and Kyogre the Power of the Sea. Presumably, they basically created the Earth. Rayquaza probably had something to do with the atmosphere.

1. Mesprit, Azelf, and Uxie, the Beings of Emotion, Willpower, and Intelligence, the source of the human soul.
  4. ARCEUS, who is the damn ORIGINAL ONE and was basically the Pokemon version of the Big Bang.
Honesty, I really want to see whether they can make a Legend that is better than the One that made the Ones that made Space and Time. It just doesn't seem possible.

Or will 5th Gen regress in Legendary power (at least storyline-wise, if not stat-wise) to something more realistic?
hmm..maybe they'll make the Omega Pokemon? though I can't imagine it being an electric type of all things.

The 4th gen legends were based around Greek/Roman mythology.

I think in the next next they will be based another culture maybe Aztecs or something.

It doesn't have to be a lot of legends. I mean the first game had Mewtwo and Mew, that's all I could remember. 3 animals are easy concept to think.

3 dogs
3 birds
3 beings

what now?

It could be 2 legends and 3 w/e.

It doesn't have to be a lot of legends. I mean the first game had Mewtwo and Mew, that's all I could remember. 3 animals are easy concept to think.

3 dogs
3 birds
3 beings

what now?

It could be 2 legends and 3 w/e.
In order:

1st Gen: 3 elemental birds, 1 ancient Pokemon, and a genetically enhanced clone of said ancient Pokemon.

2nd Gen: 3 elemental dogs, 1 Guardian of the Forest, 1 Beast of the Sea, One Ho-oh (forgot his story)

3rd Gen: 3 Minieral "things" (the Regis), The Power of Land, the Power of the Sea, the Power of Air (I'm guessing this is what Rayquaza is), a weird Space Pokemon, a wish granting Pokemon, and 2 cute dragons that run from you like annoying little pests.

4th Gen: Too many. Too Lazy to list them.

The number of Legends steadily increased from 1st to 3rd Gen, and basically exploded in 4th Gen.

I'm thinking they'd have to cut back on the number, but the number isn't what I was concerned about. What I was referring to was what could be called the "epicness" of the Legends. That has also increased since the first Gen, and sorta hit a peak in this one. You can't really top a God.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Or they could remake GSC and give us a better way to obtain Celebi and the dogs.

Yeah, right. Like they'd ever do that :(

maybe the'll be from a new galaxy or something or they might go down and make them single celled organisms

Here's another interesting thought.

What will or generational "Dragon" be?

1st Gen gave us Dragonite.

2nd Gen gave us Tyranitar.

3rd Gen kinda gave us two, Metagross (even though it's not a Dragon, it's a very powerful Pokemon) and Salamance.

4th Gen gave us Garchomp.

Don't you mean 600 stat pokemon?
'Elite' pokemon?

but yeah.. T-tar isn't a Dragon, but his stats are 600.

It will probably have double weakness again. I could see something like Dragon/Grass :pimp:

The rotom forms have already been on the TV show iirc, so no

I hope the new pokemon are actually cool. A lot of the new 4th gen ones were pretty lame if you take a step back and look at them.

I don't think it confirms a 5th gen. It's too soon. Probably another new form(e) for the GSC remake.
Also, that pokemon is too small to be an "epic" legend. Probably a new Shaymin forme, electric+grass with some ridiculous ability.

They're just running out of good ideas for pokes. A fifth gen would feature really lame pokemon.

I was just about to mention it could be Shaymin Sky, but it could be some new form like Shaymin Sea or Shaymin Storm or something.

Don't you mean 600 stat pokemon?
'Elite' pokemon?

but yeah.. T-tar isn't a Dragon, but his stats are 600.

It will probably have double weakness again. I could see something like Dragon/Grass :pimp:
That's why "Dragon" was in quotations.

Tyranitar might not be a Dragon type, but he sure as hell looks like one. He even learns Outrage. (Of course, so does Kangaskhan, so that doesn't mean as much)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)