5th Generation Confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleh I don't see how they could make a 5th generation with new pokemon. Are they going to have the god of the god of pokemon now? BST: 1000. Ay caramba, already with a new pokemon and america doesn't even have platinum yet =/
EDIT: Speaking of which, has a release date been confirmed yet?

Bleh I don't see how they could make a 5th generation with new pokemon. Are they going to have the god of the god of pokemon now? BST: 1000. Ay caramba, already with a new pokemon and america doesn't even have platinum yet =/
nope. 5th gen might come in 2 years.
This move yet alone is going to be shown in the summer time for one pokemon. working on a whole dex might take 1-2 years. But this is just a basic idea that they might (high possibility) have a chance to have 5th gen.

5th gen is probably the last one imo.

nope. 5th gen might come in 2 years.
This move yet alone is going to be shown in the summer time for one pokemon. working on a whole dex might take 1-2 years. But this is just a basic idea that they might (high possibility) have a chance to have 5th gen.

5th gen is probably the last one imo.
why the hell would nintendo stop after the 5th gen? do you have any idea how much money the pokemon franchise is making them?

why the hell would nintendo stop after the 5th gen? do you have any idea how much money the pokemon franchise is making them?
money yes. new generation ideas will probably be real pathetic after 5th. They are gonna tank out of ideas.

In Japan it has been 2 years since 4th gen came out so 5th gen might come as early as late next year around Septmeber on the 3rd anniv. of 4th gens release but its most likely by Sept 2010.

When did anyone every say that the god would have to be the last. It could still be god.... there doesn't have to be a new one, there could just be...aything.

Well Munchlax, a non-legend, was revealed rather early in Destiny Deoxys, right? So why does this Poke have to be a legend?
Togepi was actually revealed pretty early in the first season of the original show if I remember correctly (same episode Charizard evolved) too so it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that they'd show off a few 5th gen pokemon before it's even in production.

They also showed off Marril and Pichu before GSC was released in Japan if I remember correctly.

You know what I would want? Something original. Something that all the generations would be smashed into the same storyline. Like as if the world is about to explode during the end, and you need to battle/catch all legendaries..

just a thought..

If I recall correctly, Arceus hasn't officially been announced yet. The way I interpreted it was that there was a brand new Pokemon (Arceus) and an electric Pokemon would play a key role in the story (one that's already been revealed).

Of course I'd love to be wrong, bring on 5th gen!

Take a look at all the fan created fakemon out there. There are hundreds of them if not thousands. These people working for the Pokemon franchise most likely sit and think of ideas all day long. They will never run out of ideas, and if they do they can turn to the internet for some inspiration.

Oh and not all Pokemon have to be unique. They can reuse several old concepts and fans will still buy it. Meanwhile they will still get all the new young gamers out there.
Never? sooner or later they will, if they never run out the higher the generation will get after 5 imo, they will have uglier, wack pokemon.

Take in the concept too, the concept will get more wack as the generation progresses.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
I don't think it confirms a 5th gen. It's too soon. Probably another new form(e) for the GSC remake.
Also, that pokemon is too small to be an "epic" legend. Probably a new Shaymin forme, electric+grass with some ridiculous ability.
If it is a new forme, wouldn't it have been added to Platinum? If Nintendo is sticking to the same formula then it has to be for a new generation. It's also safe to say it won't be a legend of any kind since the movie already appears to have Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Arceus in it.

They're just running out of good ideas for pokes. A fifth gen would feature really lame pokemon.
The fourth generation was a good batch, bar some of the legends. Just because they have used a lot different designs doesn't mean they can't revisit them and make improvements. There are a lot of things they can find inspiration from besides animals as well.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
its true. although they have already moved from animals to kitchen appliances. what's next, bathroom appliances
Drifblim is a hot air balloon, Bronzong is a steel bell, Abomasnow is a frosted tree, etc. I'm sure they can come up with better objects to model designs after than bathroom appliances.

I dunno, I see the new rotom forms and Shaymin-S as pretty much the downfall of pokemon.

What the hell is shaymin, it's like a... thing... with ear wings?! And a pokemon that takes over appliances... >:(

Malfunction

nice desu ne
What the hell is shaymin, it's like a... thing... with ear wings?! And a pokemon that takes over appliances... >:(
A shaymin is a super fast pokemon that hits and makes you say 'I lost to hax', although 80% that something will happen isn't really hax I would say...

Anyways, every time I see that hidden pokemon, I remember Mawile...

Besides, in the deoxys movie, they had munchlax, a prevolution of snorlax. Could it be something like this here? Although I don't really get how an evolution can be smaller than the prevolution..
EDIT: Wait, they said it's an electric pokemon, right? :S
Oh, by the way,
Pokebeach.com said:
Following the two episodes that aired this week, Pokemon movie director Kunihiko Yuyama stated that the 12th movie title will be revealed on December 13th (next Saturday), along with a "small, yellow" Pokemon. Previously, this Pokemon was identified by the director as an Electric-type that would save the world. In the trailer, it was hidden by a question mark.
So they're gonna reveal this in like 6 days.

A shaymin is a super fast pokemon that hits and makes you say 'I lost to hax', although 80% that something will happen isn't really hax I would say...

Anyways, every time I see that hidden pokemon, I remember Mawile...

Besides, in the deoxys movie, they had munchlax, a prevolution of snorlax. Could it be something like this here? Although I don't really get how an evolution can be smaller than the prevolution..
EDIT: Wait, they said it's an electric pokemon, right? :S
Oh, by the way,

So they're gonna reveal this in like 6 days.
That is defenitly a 5th generation pokemon, because if you schim through the pokemon list, it shows no ears like that. Also they would never put a "?" on a pokemon unless its new. e.g rotom forms had question mark on them.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
I didn't say it's a Mawile. I said it's something like a Mawile, possibly something along it's evolution line. Can't it be something like an electric form of it? Everything's possible.

Judging by the picture, i doubt it's an evo since the pokemon in question would be the size of Pikachu, but an prevo of Mawile certainly seems possible.

Yes, an eletric pre-evo of Mawile certainly seems possible.

/sarcasm

I'm just curious about one thing, what part of the question mark looks promising?

Malfunction

nice desu ne
Will, it might be a form of Mawile that turns into electric, and since 'it saves the world', it might just transform into a huge legendary pokemon. You know, just like this Transformers cartoon every body keeps talking about.

You're probabaly right. It's a form of Mawile that not only turns into a electric type but also turns into a legendary. That's quite a feat, I can't wait to see how it does this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)