[9:57 PM] blunder: The Official Circlejerk Tour I - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Requesting an extension for ben gay vs. Candice, they hadn't scheduled a time, Candice waited on sunday for ben to come then got offline before ben showed up.

Going to address a few things within this post. Firstly, GBlade won versus Lysergic. Good game.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-566014604

Next, in regards to z0mog's recent post requesting an extension on Candice vs. ben gay, I have no problems with extending the deadline of their game to a later date and would be happy to do so. In the event that the hosts of this tournament follow through on their rule of no extensions as stated in the round 2 post of this tournament; however, I would like to avoid a coin flip by requesting an activity win against ben gay for Candice. While it is true Candice did indeed leave nearly an hour before ben gay had logged onto Pokémon Showdown; however, what z0mog forgot to include was that the duration to which Candice had been waiting on the main server was over **10 hours,** starting at 8:15 am GMT +1 as shown in one of Candice's recent posts on ben gay's wall.

(http://m.imgur.com/a/2hNaW) NOTE: These screenshots show the times from MY REGION (GMT -5) because I took these screenshots. Simply add 6 hours and you will have the times in which Candice posted these messages.

Also, while I am aware that neither player scheduled a specific time with the other for this tournament; however, I'd like to state that Candice has clearly put more effort into trying to get their game done than ben gay has by A.) making initial contact on ben gay's wall after waiting days for ben gay to make the initial contact that never happened, B.) trying to give ben gay as much of a window of opportunity to play as possible by telling him he would be waiting for ben gay on pokemon showdown for 10 hours as soon as he started waiting and C.) waiting over the 10 hours that Candice originally intended to wait for so he should be given the activity win if it comes to that. It is also within reason to assume that ben gay could have been made aware of Candice's waiting had he simply logged onto his smogon once to check for notifications within the nearly 11 hour period of time, which is possible because the post was made at 11:15 pm in ben gay's time and Candice was there until almost an hour before smogon tour, the time ben gay initially planned to play.

Again, I'm perfectly fine with receiving an extension on Candice vs. ben gay but, if the hosts do not grant us one, Candice is clearly more deserving of the activity win between the two because of both Candice's large effort to finish the battle and ben gay's minimum efforts that only included a single VM reply.

Finally, because I'm not the manager of my team, I'm not in the right to make decisions for my team members. This is why I'd like one of the hosts of this tournament to leave a reply within this thread stating whether or not Candice has the grounds to receive an activity win versus ben gay because I did not ask Candice if he would be okay with an extension before he left, (Candice only asked that I leave a request for an activity win here as shown in the pictures above) so he might just take the activity win if the opportunity rises and not want an extension.

my opp and i agreed to play on the weekend but never really set a time and the game just didn't happen so i guess count it as dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)