[9:57 PM] blunder: The Official Circlejerk Tour I

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumiko

formerly TDK
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
[9:56 PM] TDK: blunder
[9:56 PM] TDK: what do i name
[9:56 PM] TDK: the 5v5 tour
[9:57 PM] blunder: tdk jus name it
[9:57 PM] blunder: The Official Circljerk Tour I

Hi everyone, welcome to a tournament I felt like starting and hosting per request of my friend thunderblunder777. Simply put, it's a team tournament where you and your friends signup together and form a team of 5. At the start of round 1, matchups will be generated and you and your teammates will individually face off against three other players from other teams in a Round Robin. Afterwards, the top half of teams will face off in single elimination playoffs, where the 5 players will face off against a randomly generated opponent. For those of you familiar with WCoP format, it's pretty much the same, but you get to form teams of 5 rather than be forced to play for your region... or take a trip to Israel for a week.

This is an SM OU tournament only.

Rules for signing up:
  • Teams will formed of 5 people.
  • Post your 5 usernames and a team name.
  • Confirming your participation is appreciated but not required. Should there be any concern I'll bring it up.
  • Do not post names of people who haven't confirmed; post when your team is confirmed or in need of more people. Should you signup multiple people without their consent and they drop out due to not wishing to play, you will be dropped out of Round 1 in favor a substitute team.
  • You can post incomplete teams, but you run the risk of not participating should slots be filled. You will not gain priority over other teams who have signed up with 5 members.
  • If you do not have people to form a team with but would like to play, simply post in. However, do note you are not guaranteed to play should you not find 4 others to participate with. Should Free Agent teams be necessary, I will form teams of Free Agents and have them face off amongst each other.
  • Do not sign up to play or agree to play if you aren't able to finish the entirety of the tournament; dropouts suck both for a team and me should it be more than one person dropping out on a team. If one player has to drop out, that's perfectly fine and you'll be able to elect a substitute that is not apart of any other team, whether or not they were eliminated.
  • If you couldn't figure this out, no one may play for two teams.

Tentatively I'll leave signups open for three days (closing on Monday at Midnight GMT-4), but this can be shortened or extended based on the amount of teams that signup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)