A balanced Ubers team : GhODst and the Massive Tanks (pkd 1893)

200px-Noacier-NB.png

Edit: Rectified my team, importable in the second txt file

Hello everyone! I’m a French player and a new member of Smogon. I will present to you my first RMT: an Ubers team! Having only 1 year experience of Pokemon strategy, I think this team is the best strategically team that I ever created. I have a quite good success with it (around 89.5% victories, several times #1 on PS, 1893 is my best ladder score). It is inspired by my old 5 gen team: Groudon, Reshiram, Palkia, Ferrothorn, Arceus-Ghost, Liepard (with Dark gem Sucker Punch, Taunt, Encore and Twave). A Sun Team pretty solid against common Rain Teams in this gen. Now, with the weathers changes and the arrival of the Fairy types like Xerneas, this team is not at all adapted anymore in this gen (for example GeoXern sweeps this team easily).

Now, I will present to you the members of my team.

GhODst's Team

The strategy is the use of different kinds of pokes, while creating the best types synergy as possible:

- 2 Stallers : Heatran and Ferrothorn

- 2 Sweepers : Palkia (to complete GWF core) and Xerneas (Dark and Fighting resistance)

- 1 Bulky Sweeper: Arceus-Ghost (removing my stallers Fighting weakness)

- 1 Utility/Stallbreaker : Yveltal (a Dark type, to add a Ghost resistance and a Psychic immunity)

OK now, let’s discover in details the GhODst’s team!

Stantler 2.0 (Xerneas) @ Life Orb

Ability: Fairy Aura

EVs: 160 Atk / 148 SAtk / 200 Spd

Hasty Nature (+Speed, -Def)

- Moonblast

- Close Combat

- Rock Slide

- Sleep Talk

My mixed all-out attacker and most of the time my lead. Xerneas hits very hard on everything that doesn’t resist fairy with his STAB, Fairy Aura and life orb boosted Moonblast. Close Combat is mainly used to hit pink blobs, doing on Chansey around 70%. It is also useful to do a lot of damage on Arceus Normal, Mega-Kanghaskan who can be OHKO, and steel types like Ferrothorn and Heatran, while doing 45%-55% on Scizor and Klefki. Rock Slide is there for Ho-Oh, who thinks to wall an unboosted Xern. Finally, I first decided to run HP Fire as the last slot, to hit Physical Defensive Ferrothorn harder and OHKO Scizor on the switch, but I finally decided to run an original choice, Sleep Talk, to make Xerneas a sleep absorber and a good Darkrai counter (Sleep Talk after Dark Void has 2/3 chance to OHKO Darkrai back with Moonblast or Close Combat). It is also very useful vs lead Smeargle, not letting him set up anything if he Spore the 1st turn. If the opponent doesn’t have a specific counter like Aegislash, Mega-Venusaur or Arceus-Poison, Xerneas can work very well as a wallbreaker, being able to break defensive cores like Blissey/Ho-oh/Yveltal.

As a lead, I try to make a waste turn of opponent’s Deoxys-S, forcing to Taunt me fearing Geomancy. He also surprises Ho-Oh thinking to counter my Ferrothorn who is in the 1st place of my team and could lead with his Spikes. As I said, Darkrai and Smeargle are also well countered.

200 EVs in speed and Hasty nature gives Xern 312 speed, enough to outspeed max speed 90’s base pokes, other Xerneas, and some defensive Arceus. 160 EVs in attack to always OHKO 252 HP Ho-Oh with Rock Slide. The rest of the EVs in special attack for Moonblast. The non-drop on special defense permits Xerneas to take a life orb boosted Darkrai’s Sludge Bomb (less than 80% HP).

Aromatherapy is another option to consider especially if the opponent uses a good counter to him like Aegislash, as Xerneas can support the team in a delicate situation instead of hitting, but it’s not as good as Sleep Talk I think, and not a key move for an all-out attacker.

Girafarig 2.0 (Palkia) @ Choice Specs

Ability: Pressure

EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Speed, -Att)

IVs: 0 Atk

- Thunder

- Hydro Pump

- Spacial Rend

- Fire Blast

The POWER, Palkia Choice Specs. Not only being able to check Kyogre bar Specs Thunder, and come on water and fire moves quite easily, he’s also there to hit like a truck on everything bar Blissey/Chansey/Ho-Oh in the Sun. This set needs sometimes a lot of anticipation, but a good attack choice can result an OHKO. He can 2HKO bulky pokemon like Lugia after SR damage, especially if the opponent puts the Rain with Kyogre. STAB Hydro Pump in the rain is strong enough to OHKO a lot of pokemon who doesn’t resist, like Geomancy set Xerneas, offensive Arceus, and 252HP Arceus 90% of the time after SR. Spatial Rend is also STAB and has an almost perfect accuracy, 100 BP, and high crit chance that can be very helpful in some case, like vs Calm Minders trying to set up on Palkia. Spatial Rend is also a clean 2HKO on 252HP Arceus. Thunder for Kyogre, Water Arceus, Lugia, and Yveltal. Either Sleep Talk Calm Mind Kyogre cannot take Thunder pretty well, at +2 SpDef he is still 3HKO. Finally, Fire Blast for Ferrothorn, Aegislash, Grass Arceus if it’s not raining, and to hit hard under the Sun if the opponent uses Groudon. Of course max speed, special attack and Timid nature to get the speed tie vs other Palkia, and outspeed everything under 328 like Yveltal and non-scarf dragons such as Rayquaza, Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem-W.

Surf over Hydro Pump to avoid misses and get a 100% accuracy move is an option, but is imo an inferior choice. The same for Flamethrower instead of Fire Blast.

WallLikeLugia (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers

Ability: Iron Barbs

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef

Sassy Nature (+SpDef, -Speed)

IVs: 0 Spd

- Gyro Ball

- Toxic / Protect

- Spikes

- Leech Seed

He walls so hard, like a Lugia. This poke is a very good stall pokemon used as a main check to dangerous threats like Zekrom (except Sub Hone Claws set) and Shaymin-S. He also acts as a secondary check to Kyogre and Arceus Ekiller without Brick Break neither Overheat. With very good overall bulk, he can place quite easily some layers of Spikes along the match, and forces switches while recovering health with Leech Seed. Iron Barbs is also nice to deal some residual damage and finish for example a Sashed physical sweeper like Rayquaza. Not only being able to wall a ton of sweepers without Fire or Fighting moves, but also other stallers, he also hits pretty hard with his STAB Gyro Ball, most of the time at 150BP. It’s also a good response against some Taunters like special offensive Yveltal and Mega Gengar. Protect could be very useful to scout Choices, and recover turns of leech seed + lefties, but Toxic helps a lot to beat CM Arceus-Electric (huge threat if no Toxic on Ferro) and Ekiller with Recover. So I alternate between these two moves. Protect gave me in general better results.

Specially Defensive Repartition to take better Yveltal, Kyogre, Arceus CM and +0 Xerneas, but Physically Defensive Repartition would permit me to counter Sword Dancers better like Ekiller.

GhODst (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate

Ability: Multitype

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Att)

- Calm Mind

- Judgment

- Will-O-Wisp

- Recover

GhODst, the ghost God. This Arceus is the main “tank” and pivot of my team. Yes, that’s why I run on Him 252 HP 252 Def, and Calm Mind. He can check and sponge almost every unboosted physical sweepers. Judgment is His only attacking move. It’s not resisted by steel anymore in this gen; it’s only resisted by Dark pokemon like Darkrai, Yveltal and Tyranitar, and Normal pokes like pink blobs, Mega-Kangaskhan, and E-Killer. The imperfect coverage is not a real problem: except for Darkrai and blobs, every Arceus-Ghost counters hate to be burned. Will-O-Wisp is here to do that, and is 85% accurate, a bit more than last gen. It also helps Arceus to stall and cripple Physical sweepers bar Ho- Oh and Blaziken, but the first one can be a huge pain to face for Arceus. Recover to regain health. Calm Mind helps Arceus taking special sweepers like Palkia, and can transform Him into a near-unbreakable tank ready to sweep if the opponent lacks of true counters. Neither Ditto can’t counter Him, thanks to Arceus’ immunity to his Judgment, which is Normal type. Lugia and Giratina fall easily with a well boosted Judgment and can’t phaze Him. Just RAPE.

So I guess you will ask me “But why don’t you run max speed max HP on Arceus?”

1) Arceus attires Physical Scarfers or pokemon like Mewtwo who can outspeed Him anyway if He was max Speed. But He takes little damage and rarely takes more than 50% HP on commonly used physical moves. And it surprises the opponent. A few examples :

- 0 Atk Groudon Earthquake: 97-115 (21.8 - 25.9%) -- 3.2% chance to 4HKO

- 252+ Atk Earth Plate Groudon Earthquake: 153-180 (34.4 - 40.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

- 252 Atk Teravolt Zekrom Bolt Strike: 151-178 (34 - 40%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

- 252 Atk Teravolt Zekrom Outrage: 139-165 (31.3 - 37.1%) -- 79% chance to 3HKO

- +1 252 Atk Genesect Iron Head: 118-139 (26.5 - 31.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

- 252+ Atk Mega Blaziken Flare Blitz: 160-189 (36 - 42.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

- 252+ Atk Mega Tyranitar Crunch: 218-258 (49 - 58.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage

- 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Crunch: 180-213 (40.5 - 47.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

- 252 Atk Deoxys-A Knock Off: 116-138 (26.1 - 31%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

- 252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo Psystrike: 153-181 (34.4 - 40.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

- 252 SpA Mega Mewtwo Y Psystrike: 141-166 (31.7 - 37.3%) -- 87.1% chance to 3HKO

- 252+ Atk Ho-Oh Brave Bird: 136-162 (30.6 - 36.4%) -- 58.2% chance to 3HKO

- +2 252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch: 153-180 (34.4 - 40.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

- 252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza V-create: 199-234 (44.8 - 52.7%) -- 23.4% chance to 2HKO

- 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake: 118-139 (26.5 - 31.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

- 252 Atk Mega Mewtwo X Psycho Cut: 97-115 (21.8 - 25.9%) -- 3.2% chance to 4HKO

Burn if possible, Recover, and Calm Mind. Beware of Sword Dancers, and sweep :)

2) He can take Ekiller attacks and burn him back, despite He can’t outspeed Ekiller, then recover the damages. At full HP, He can survive some ghost moves:

- +2 252+ Atk Arceus Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Ghost: 202-238 (45.4 - 53.6%) -- 38.7% chance to 2HKO (guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock)

- 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Shadow Claw: 146-172 (32.8 - 38.7%) -- 98.8% chance to 3HKO

- +2 252+ Atk Arceus Shadow Force: 344-406 (77.4 - 91.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)

- 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Shadow Force: 247-291 (55.6 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

3) He doesn’t fear Thunder Wave a lot, contrarily than 252 speed Arceus-Ghost, excepted for repeated Parahaxx.

Finally, GhODst leads most of the time the team if I see a Deoxys-A, who fails to 2HKO GhODst, except the combination of Shadow Ball + Psycho Boost.

Heatroll (Heatran) @ Chople Berry

Ability: Flash Fire

EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 SDef

Calm Nature (+SpDef, -Att)

- Roar

- Stealth Rock

- Lava Plume

- Toxic

Heatran: The volcano poke is there to say “hello” to deers, who are everywhere in Ubers 6G metagame. Yup, Xerneas. Heatran is my main check to this huge threat, if not the only one on my team. Such a troll. 4* fairy resistance is not nothing, and his high defensive potential makes him an excellent Phazer in my team. Demonstration…

Basically, opponent’s Xerneas used Geomancy + Power Herb after forcing me to switch. Heatran comes this turn, takes a hit and Roar Xern. He always does this job when he’s at 62% HP or more. And Focus Blast? Not a problem. Chople Berry is there to take it. Here are the damage calculation below of a +2 boosted Xerneas on this Heatran:

+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 79-93 (20.5 - 24.1%)

+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Thunderbolt: 150-177 (38.9 - 45.9%)

+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder: 183-216 (47.5 - 56.1%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO

+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Chople Berry Heatran: 200-236 (51.9 - 61.2%)

+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 92-108 (23.8 - 28%)

0 Atk Xerneas Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Chople Berry Heatran: 104-123 (27 - 31.9%)

+2 252 SpA Xerneas Hidden Power Fire vs. Flash Fire Heatran: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- aim for the horn next time ^^

+2 252 SpA Xerneas Hidden Power Ground vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 364-432 (94.5 - 112.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Heatran can also Toxic him if Xern is not boosted. Well, a GeoXern without HP ground is completed countered by this Heatran, and can’t do much to him unless he’s lucky with inaccurate Thunder or Focus Blast.

It’s not that all, he can absorb Toxic and Will-O-Wisp for my team, and stalls several Defoggers thanks to Toxic, despite the absence of leftovers: Giratina without Rest, Lugia, Arceus Fairy and Grass without ground moves, for example.

The plethora of resistances let him place quite easily Stealth Rock. Lava Plume is STAB to hit steel types like Klefki, Ferrothorn, Forretress, Aegislash (who can't OHKO Heatran with Sacred Sword) and Skarmory hard. The 30% chance burn is also great to haxx burn some threats coming on him such as Groudon, Landorus-T, and EKiller. Toxic for anything bar Steel and Poison types, and counters on the switch, such as Palkia and Kyogre. Roar to phaze Xern and other dangerous threats boosting their stats on him, or just make Hazards working.

Liepard has a rest (Yveltal) @ Dread Plate

Ability: Dark Aura

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def

Impish Nature (+Def, -SpAtt)

- Sucker Punch

- Foul Play

- Taunt

- Roost

Here is the Dark pokemon of my team with the Physically Defensive set. His ability to take hits very well with the proposed repartition while hitting hard on his STAB moves thanks to Dark Aura, makes him an excellent add on my team. He checks a lot of dangerous physical sweepers, except Zekrom and Tyranitar. Ho-Oh can be also annoying with his great chance of burning Yveltal with Sacred Fire and stall him easily. Yveltal deals nice with Ekiller, Rayquaza, Groudon, and Arceus-Ghost, and hurts them really hard back with STAB, Dark Aura and Dread Plate boosted Foul Play (2.4 boost on each dark attack): Foul Play is strong enough to OHKO a +2 Arceus EKiller (94% OHKO chance if full HP Arceus). But Yveltal is also great against defensive threats thanks to Taunt, like Chansey and Ferrothorn. Sucker Punch is a useful priority and goes in pair with Taunt. Most of sweepers thinking to be bulky enough to take Yveltal’s attacks, guessing a Life Orb Special Attacker set (Dread Plate can also bluff this set) and coming on him, like Kyogre, Zekrom, and Palkia, are all KO with the combination of Foul Play + Sucker Punch. Finally, Roost to regain health.

Unfortunately, he’s SR weak, despite it can take a +2 ExtremSpeed Ekiller at 75% HP. But the worst problem is that he lets place Xerneas very easily, and can be quickly weakened if he had to switch a lot when I got Rocks on my side. Toxic is a good option for him, as he can cripple GeoXern on the switch, but I can’t remove one of its very useful 4 other moves. For these reasons, I don’t know if he’s the best option as a last dark poke on my team, or if I just simply need to run Defog (on Arceus-Ghost?) and keep Yveltal.

Nice team but not without weaknesses

Finally, my team has got a few weaknesses and can be better.

The biggest problem is the absence of Defog or Rapid Spin on my team, somewhat compensated by my own entry hazards and my Arceus-Ghost working as a Rapid Spinners’ counter like he did in my gen 5 team. Hazards can be an issue if I face an HO team, so Lead Deoxys is generally a problem.

The second one is maybe the absence of really fast Pokemon to RK threats and max speed Arceus (my team is full of “slow” tanks) but I have Yveltal’s Sucker Punch, and I didn’t miss that in most of the battles I have done.

Finally, some pokes that you will see in the threat list.

Changes and tests

I made some changes, for example replacing Yveltal by another dark pokemon: Dragon Dance Mega-Tyranitar with Superpower to deal better against threats like Chansey, Mega-Gengar (Superpower for Destiny Bond after Taunt), Yveltal, but also Reshiram and Deoxys-S (with Crunch + SS), and to help Ferro and Heatran to stall a little better with the Sandstorm:

Le Tyran (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Tyranitarite

Ability: Sand Stream

EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Speed, -SpAtt)

- Dragon Dance

- Crunch

- Superpower

- Stone Edge

248 Spd and Jolly nature to outspeed Mewtwo and Mega-Gengar at +1, and everything slower like Arceus.

But the team is frailer against Ekiller with Earthquake, Offensive Groudon and fighting moves, so Mega-Lucario can also be a threat (3 pokes weak to Fighting despite Chople Berry on Heatran); I also used Chatroll, a Prankster Liepard who is very useful against HO teams (maybe gimmicky but no, it’s not that bad!):

Chatroll (Liepard) @ Life Orb

Ability: Prankster

EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 SDef

Lonely Nature (+Att, -Def) if Copycat / Adamant Nature (+Att, -SpAtt)

- Sucker Punch

- Encore

- Knock Off / Copycat (transfer SDef EVs to SpA)

- Thunder Wave

Priority Thunder Wave is the key move on it to cripple an offensive threat, it also attires ExtremSpeed and Fighting moves into help Arceus-Ghost to be placed. Priority Encore to block set up sweepers like Darkrai on Nastly Plot, Xerneas on Geomancy, Cloyster on Shell Smash, or Arceus on Calm Mind! It also lures Swagplay set and can get free kills with Sucker Punch and a life orb, like on Mega Mewtwo Y; finally, Copycat to RK weakened threats or Dragons but also copy opponent’s support moves; or Knock Off against stall pokes and some Sweepers except Arceus, and to hit generally quite hard. 248 SDef to take better Darkrai's Dark Pulse and Arceus-Ghost Judgment, but 248 Speed permits to Knock Off faster things despite it’s better to T wave them. Kitty did a few rage quits and saved me in a lot of matches. He is fun to use and work pretty well.

Finally I also tried Bulk Up Mega Mewtwo X with Drain Punch, Stone Edge and Poison Jab, he’s also very good and is very fast compared to the others tanks. But I was very frail against ghost pokemon like Arceus-Ghost SD who can 6-0 me.

Now, here is the Threat List!

Blue: Not a threat.

Green: Not a direct threat but can be one in some circumstances.

Orange: A direct threat who can be dangerous.

Red: A huge threat difficult for me to counter.

· Arceus Extrem Killer: Arceus burns him, Ferrothorn, Yveltal with Foul Play. Dangerous as a middle game sweeper/finisher. Lum Berry or Refresh versions are also threatening if I’m using Arceus to counter it. In every case I try to not let him setup an SD, but he can do it easily on Heatran and forces me to switch out (Roar or Toxic is risky cause of Earthquake, especially if I need Heatran to counter Xern).

· Arceus Ghost (offensive): Yveltal is by far the best counter, if not the only one.

· Arceus Ground (SD): Yveltal if no Stone Edge, Arceus burns him

· Arceus Electric (CM): Ferrothorn toxic stalls him, Heatran phazes him at +1

· Arceus Fairy: Heatran, Xerneas and Arceus can hurt him

· Arceus Rock: Palkia, Ferrothorn despite he hates be burned, Xerneas and Arceus can hurt him

· Arceus Grass:Heatran, Palkia Fire Blast, Xerneas and Arceus can hurt him

· (Mega) Blaziken: Arceus, Xerneas if Blaziken is also lead, Yveltal

· Darkrai: Xerneas, Yveltal can finish him off, Heatran and Ferrothorn after sleep clause if Darkrai doesn't have Focus Blast

· Deoxys-S: Xerneas or Ferrothorn 2HKO it while trying him use Taunt, but can still place 2 Entry Hazards and it’s not good for me.

· Deoxys-D: Palkia 2HKO him, Yveltal Taunt, Arceus can set up. Beware of Red Card.

· Deoxys-A: Arceus, Heatran if no opponent’s Xerneas, Yveltal if no Ice Beam

· Dialga: Heatran, Arceus, Yveltal

· Genesect: Arceus, Heatran, Yveltal RK, easily countered but U-turn scout is the reason I put him in green instead blue

· Giratina: Xerneas, Palkia, Arceus, Yveltal, Heatran if no Earthquake

· Giratina-O: same as Giratina. Beware of offensive variants.

· Groudon: Arceus, Yveltal, Palkia hurts it a lot, Ferro if stall versions and no Fire moves

· Ho-Oh: Red cause no viable check. Heatran fears Earthquake, Arceus can take hits but needs to set up at least 3 Calm Minds to really hurt him so he has to be burned, waste Recover PPs and avoid crits, Yveltal risks to be burned, Xerneas and Palkia OHKO him but take huge damage from Brave Bird. The best way to deal with him is to surprise with Xern’s Rock Slide, or put Palkia in a replacement or a fire move. To KO the opponent’s Defogger then put Rocks if possible.

· Kyogre: Palkia, Ferro, Yveltal RK (green except Specs, he really really hurts)

· Kyurem-W: Heatran if no Earth Power, Palkia and Xern if not Scarf, Arceus if not Specs, Yveltal RK

· Lugia: Everyone except Xern

· Mewtwo: Yveltal (beware of Ice Beam), Arceus, Heatran, Palkia if no other solution

· Mega Mewtwo X: Arceus, Yveltal with Foul Play

· Mega Mewtwo Y: Same as Mewtwo

· Palkia: Arceus can avoid the 2HKO except two item boosted Hydro Pumps. Xerneas OHKO him but he’s slower. Yveltal can also deal with him if it avoids Thunder. Still a huge threat, because he’s quite unpredictable and hits hard. My own Palkia can attempt the speed tie, and Heatran takes one Surf if not rain and Toxic back.

· Rayquaza: Arceus, Heatran if no Earthquake, Palkia RK, Yveltal, Xerneas

· Reshiram: Palkia RK, Yveltal, Heatran despite Turboblaze. Can be a monster under the Sun. Not as common though.

· Shaymin-S: Ferro, Heatran if no Earth Power, Yveltal, Arceus. Difficult to tell about counters on a pokemon relying on haxx flinch, it’s all about chance.

· Xerneas: Heatran; at +0 : Palkia and Xerneas RK if not scarf, Ferro can take one hit and Gyro Ball back

· Yveltal (sp. Attacker): Xerneas (if it avoids Life Orb Oblivion Wing/Hurricane), Heatran and Ferro can Toxic if they avoid Taunt. Really hurts though.

· Zekrom: Ferro, Arceus, Palkia and Xerneas if not Scarf, Yveltal RK. Beware of Sub Hone Claws set.

· Mega Kangaskhan: Arceus, Xern OHKO fully offensive variants. Beware of Substitute variants.

· Mega Lucario: Arceus, Heatran takes Close Combat and OHKO back

· Mega Gengar: Yveltal, Ferro with Gyro Ball after Taunt but risks being Destiny Bond, Arceus can switch out. Orange still, as he can trap Heatran and offer a possible GeoXern’s sweep.

· Klefki: Heatran is the best to deal with it; if Xern in the opponent team, better is Arceus. Palkia OHKO it but doesn’t like T-Wave, Ferrothorn is not that afraid of it but doesn’t like confusion haxx and boosted Foul Play.

· Ferrothorn: Heatran, Palkia, Arceus can set up on him if no Toxic, Xerneas (beware of recoil damage and Gyro Ball), Yveltal Taunt

· Aegislash: Heatran, Arceus (beware of Shadow Ball), Palkia, Yveltal

· (Mega) Scizor: Heatran, Arceus, Palkia, Yveltal.

· Chansey/Blissey: Yveltal Taunt but hello opponent’s Xern, Xerneas but Chansey is not OHKO, Ferrothorn wall them and uses Spikes, but they support opponent’s team and render completely useless Arceus and Palkia. Chansey full Defense is a really huge pain. To put Hazards is the best way to go against it, but if Chansey is combined with an Arceus defogger and a Ho-Oh, the game will become for me a real headache. The main reason to use Mega-Tyranitar with Superpower instead of Yveltal: let’s just DD on Chansey and stall break.

· Landorus-T: Arceus, Yveltal (beware of Stone Edge), Ferrothorn if defensive set, Palkia

· Thundurus: Ferrothorn, Arceus, Heatran, Xerneas and Palkia both OHKO it but don't like Thunder Wave neither STAB Electrik attacks, Yveltal RK

· Heatran: Palkia, Xerneas, Arceus, Yveltal

· Clefable: Unaware can be annoying for Arceus, but Heatran and Ferrothorn doesn't fear it at all (except Flamethrower for Ferro), Xerneas hurts it

· Charizard: Heatran and Palkia (beware of Dragon Pulse) if mega Y, Arceus and Yveltal if mega X (+Heatran if no Earthquake).

· Forretress: Yveltal Taunt, Heatran, Palkia, Arceus block spin and can set up, but beware of Red Card.

· Skarmory: Everyone except Ferro (if Taunt). Beware of his Hazards.

· Ditto: Can’t RK Arceus, the only poke who it can copy and be somewhat threatening is Palkia. But it is scarf, so I will often have a good counter to it.

· Shedinja: Well… Everyone. And Hazards. I needed to be well prepared against this OP poke, who is able to counter Ubers titans like Kyogre and Zekrom :)

· Misses, Parahaxx, Crits: Terrible, but these make parts of the game!

Conclusion

I would like to thank all persons who supported me and gave me compliments and good advices for my team (especially the reparts of my Xerneas), and to you to be interested in my Ubers team!

So I would be pleased to get any suggestions, advices, opinions... And now, Rate My Team :)

Attachments

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Antacool,

Cool team (pun somewhat intended). Some interesting/underrated sets here, like LO Xerneas and SpecsKia (although I'm not sure I like the latter that much, I'll explain later). The most disturbing thing is that there is no Defog suppot, which makes you much more vulnerable to hazard stacking in general, along with web teams which Xern and Palkia will hate. Other than that, Ho-Oh looks particularly threatening, especially with a Xerneas on the opposing team, which basically forces you to either 1. risk a burn with Yveltal or 2. Hope that it's not EQ and throw in Heatran. The second could result in a loss, but a burn cripples Yveltal since it really needs to not be burned to at least do something with sucker punch and foul play. Plus, Ho-Oh has tremendous staying power so that allows it to wear down Heatran anyways, to the point where Xerneas can sweep (not like they will be expecting a Chople but still). This also works the other way, in that an early game Xerneas sweep attempt (as stupid as that is), will weaken Heatran to a point where it no longer is able to check Ho-Oh and keep up with its survivability. Otherwise, you did comment accurately about offensive Palkia, although I would disagree with Ekiller. Ferrothorn is solid and Yveltal even more so, especially running dread plate to secure the KO with Foul Play.

Note that the above was very nitpicky, it was a minor point, that I happened to elaborate on for a long time.

Otherwise, a few optimization changes.

Toxic > Sucker punch- This change will break stall better, although I do see merit in the priority of Sucker Punch.

Aroma > Sleep Talk- On Xerneas, Aromatherapy will be really helpful, especially in healing up burns from Ho-Oh.

Sleep Talk > Fire Blast/Thunder- On Palkia. This will give you an alternative sleep absorber, which is good if you make the above change with Aromatherapy.

252 HP / 160 Def / 96+ Spd > Current spread for Ghostceus- You kinda want to outspeed base 100s.

On an unrelated note, Yveltal doesn't WALLbreak, it STALLbreaks, wallbreaking would be hitting walls really hard and softening them up. Also, Munja is Shedinja in English.

Good luck!

EDIT: Crap totally forgot to address defog in changes. Meh, get to it later because I'm too tired.

EDIT: OKay. Two things. I forgot to address SpecsKia too. So, mainly the problem I have with it is that being locked on certain moves (Spacial Rend namely) gives opposing Fairies free turns and loses a ton of momentum which isn't good. Secondly, about defog. Maybe, you could run some sort of setup Xerneas (I don't say Geo because other setup Xern exist) for a win condition and run support Ghostceus. Idk, that's just a possibility.

Last edited:
Hi Haxiom,

Thank you for your response!

I just rectified the little mistakes (yes Shedinja, I always confound it with the French name Munja ><)

Your suggestions are very interesting, especially Aromatherapy on Xerneas to cure Ho-Oh’s Burns.

You’re also right about Defog, to rely on opponent’s Defog is not good, and Sticky Web is quite dangerous. I see that only Ghostceus can use it in my team so I need to run the standard Defog set on him:

EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 4 SDef / 96 Spd
Timid Nature

- Defog
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Yveltal can also do its Physical Wall role better, and Ekiller will be far less threatening for me (I put it in Red because he’s one of the pokemon who make me lose most of the time, Recover versions beat Ferro without Toxic, Lum and especially Refresh versions can beat GhODst, and Yveltal falls if he takes 2 SR damages during the match). I see the utility of Toxic, for Ho-Oh and GeoXern on the switch mainly, and it’s a better choice than Sucker Punch for my team.

About my Palkia, I spam most of the time Hydro Pump contrarily than Spatial Rend if the opponent possesses a fairy type (Fire Blast in the sun). It deals a lot of damage even to *2 resistances, and Xerneas cannot switch on it safely. A free set up for a fairy type is not that bad with Heatran, these are most of the time Geomancy Xern and Calm Mind Fairy Arceus.

Choice Specs is imo great for immediate big power, but Lustrous Orb can also be an interesting option to not be locked. And Sleep Talk gives also a problem with a Choice item, like I can just use it one time, am I right? Imo Thunder is better than Fire Blast, for Kyogre and Para chance. What do you think about this set?

Girafarig 2.0 (Palkia) @ Lustrous Orb
Timid Nature

- Thunder
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Sleep Talk

For Setup Xerneas, I see Calm Mind as another option instead of Geomancy, with defensive spread and lefties to give to him better longevity, and to use Aromatherapy more easily. He will also replace Arceus-Ghost as the Setup poke on my team. So I’m thinking about a set like this:

Stantler 2.0 (Xerneas) Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spd
Timid Nature

- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Aromatherapy

What do you think?

I will try this new team. Thank you again for your help!

Last edited:
Hi Haxiom,

I just rectified the little mistakes (yes Shedinja, I always confound it with the French name Munja ><)

Your suggestions are very interesting, especially Aromatherapy on Xerneas to cure Ho-Oh’s Burns.

You’re also right about Defog, to rely on opponent’s Defog is not good, and Sticky Web is quite dangerous. I see that only Ghostceus can use it in my team so I need to run the standard Defog set on him:

Timid Nature

- Defog

- Judgment

- Will-O-Wisp

- Recover

Yveltal can also do its Physical Wall role better, and Ekiller will be far less threatening for me (I put it in Red because he’s one of the pokemon who make me lose most of the time, Recover versions beat Ferro without Toxic, Lum and especially Refresh versions can beat GhODst, and Yveltal falls if he takes 2 SR damages during the match). I see the utility of Toxic, for Ho-Oh and GeoXern on the switch mainly, and it’s a better choice than Sucker Punch for my team.

About my Palkia, I spam most of the time Hydro Pump contrarily than Spatial Rend if the opponent possesses a fairy type (Fire Blast in the sun). It deals a lot of damage even to *2 resistances, and Xerneas cannot switch on it safely. A free set up for a fairy type is not that bad with Heatran, these are most of the time Geomancy Xern and Calm Mind Fairy Arceus.

Choice Specs is imo great for immediate big power, but Lustrous Orb can also be an interesting option to not be locked. And Sleep Talk gives also a problem with a Choice item, like I can just use it one time, am I right? Imo Thunder is better than Fire Blast, for Kyogre and Para chance. What do you think about this set?

Timid Nature

- Thunder

- Hydro Pump

- Spacial Rend

- Sleep Talk

For Setup Xerneas, I see Calm Mind as another option instead of Geomancy, with defensive spread and lefties to give to him better longevity, and to use Aromatherapy more easily. He will also replace Arceus-Ghost as the Setup poke on my team. So I’m thinking of a set like this:

Stantler 2.0 (Xerneas) @ Leftovers

Timid Nature

- Calm Mind

- Moonblast

- Psyshock

- Aromatherapy

What do you think?

Creep to adamant ekiller, so you can burn it before it uses shadow force/shadow claw. 136 timid isn't that much more speed, and it is worth it imo. 192 outspeeds megaluke, but thats irrelevant.

Yup thanks, 136 Timid would be the best for GhODst.

-Yveltal can also do something against Mega Luke :

252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Yveltal: 212-250 (46.5 - 54.9%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO

0 Atk Dread Plate Dark Aura Yveltal Foul Play vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Lucario: 225-265 (80 - 94.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes (Def Drop after Close Combat)

-Heatran Lava Plume back if no Xern.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Antacool said:
Hi Haxiom,

Timid Nature

- Defog

- Judgment

- Will-O-Wisp

- Recover

Timid Nature

- Thunder

- Hydro Pump

- Spacial Rend

- Sleep Talk

For Setup Xerneas, I see Calm Mind as another option instead of Geomancy, with defensive spread and lefties to give to him better longevity, and to use Aromatherapy more easily. He will also replace Arceus-Ghost as the Setup poke on my team. So I’m thinking about a set like this:

Stantler 2.0 (Xerneas) @ Leftovers

Timid Nature

- Calm Mind

- Moonblast

- Psyshock

- Aromatherapy

What do you think?

Well, about Palkia. Specs is okay I guess. Hydro spam would be pretty effective at breaking walls, idk opposing palkia kinda annoy it depending on how it locks. I will note that Sleep Talk is certainly viable on choiced mons, since it allows you to always draw an attack (albeit uncontrollably) and you only lose momentum when you wake up. It's actually fairly common for choiced mons to run Sleep Talk (Zekrom, Ho-Oh, etc.) granted it's up to you. Keeping thunder on Palkia seems fine, fire blast mostly hits Ferrothorn and stuff like that but Heatran can melt things like that.

Xerneas set looks cool, probably thunder is a better coverage move. 248 HP gets a better rocks number if you care.

EDIT: OK, this is less about this RMT but just fyi I'll be away for about a week. Plus I am saving 100th post for RMT as cheesy and sad that is because all these people are doing their 1k and stuff. Whatever. Also, I played Antacool today and lost pretty bad :) gg

Last edited:
OK, thank you Haxiom ! I rectify my Xern's set. I thought Psyshock would be nice for pink blobs and other Calm Minders, but for the latter i forgot the SpA drops effect from Moonblast that could be useful in this case.

I posted my rectified team in a new file there. Let's try and see !

Attachments

Hi antacool. Since I encouraged you to make this rmt I guess I'll post my thoughts on the team. The overall dynamic is very solid, showcasing some underrated/innovative sets. I'll be rating the original version of the team as I disagree with some of the above suggestions.

I encourage using Toxic > Will-O-Wisp on ghosty to make Ho-oh that much less of a pain. With Toxic, ghosty can stall out most Ho-oh and come out of it relatively healthy. I really don't see ekiller and sd groundceus being problems since you have phydef Yveltal, and Kangaskhan can be dealt with even without wisp.

Moving on, use aroma > sleep talk on Xern and sleep talk > fire blast on Palkia as mentioned; aroma can rid your team of any unwanted status should you get the opportunity to, and sleep talk specskia is still a force. You won't be missing fire blast much because your team handles Ferro and Scizor well, and grassy is sufficiently pressured by specs rend if it switches in anyway.

Since you now have an additional toxic user (and a total of 3), you can afford to use power whip > toxic on Ferro as it helps vs ogre. Notably, CM Waterceus threatens to sweep your entire team, and power whip + leech seed prevents it from doing so. This also frees up palkia's role as a general wallbreaker rather than a dedicated ogre check that must play very conservatively if the opposing team has one. Stick to using specskia btw, the power boost is invaluable for breaking stuff like sdef Xerneas and some support Arceus.

tl;dr
- toxic on ghosty
- sleep talk on specskia
- aroma on Xern
- power whip on Ferro

Good luck!

Hello Malefic !

Thank you for your suggests, also very interesting.

Toxic on GhODst is a really good idea ! Toxic would be nice to Toxic Stall Ho-Oh, it would deal also with MMX/Kanga and mainly opponent's CM users.
Now I have to rely on Toxic to beat Sword Dancers, imo Protect on Ferro would be the perfect choice into help to Toxic Stall them, and I will keep Sucker Punch on Yveltal (The modified team was swept by a CM Mega Mewtwo Y with Ice Beam...) I have now 2 Toxic users (Arceus and Heatran) so it's nice.

Defog Arceus lacks of offensive presence, and Hazards are less a problem than this point in several matches (despite Defog is very useful for Yveltal). And yeah, it's quite obvious, but my original Arceus is not and can make the difference with its surprising good bulk ^^

I think that Power Whip would be just useful against Mono CM Waterceus, as I can Leech Seed+Protect Choiced Kyogre (except Specs Water moves) and place Hazards. CM Rest Talk Kyogre is correctly countered by SpecsKia.

To counter Waterceus with Refresh, I think Leech Seed on Ferro, then switch on Palkia, then spam Thunder would be enough (at worst Spatial Rend to hope a crit, the main risks would be PP stall and misses)
And CM Arceus Electric can also be Toxic by my own Arceus.

Calm Mind Xern works pretty well, but I like a lot LO Xern (especially with the annoying blobs and the absence of Physical Sweeper in my team). I will try LO Xern with Aromatherapy.

To finish, yup, you're right about Sleep Talk on Palkia, and I didn't miss Fire Blast on it.

Thank you again !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)