SS OU A Crawdaunt team with Koko and Friends

Hello RMT so i have seen multiple teams here and i decided that i suck enough at this game to need help so i choose to build around Crawdaunt because look at him.
The craw.png

The Craw @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 152 SpD / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Speaking of him let me talk about the Craw. So i wanted to build around one of my favorite pokemon of all time and The Craw was a pokemon that i liked and had a use in OU that wasnt me just trying to get a gimmick to work. With Swords Dance and Life Orb it poses a threat to most Defensive teams and Aqua Jet gives him utility against more Offensive styles of team while not making him worse against Defense. I have a bit more bulk then most Craws for not getting 2hko by Dragapults Shadow Ball W/O rocks while still outspeeding 60 Speed Clefable and 0 Speed Corviknight.

Some Calcs:

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 152 SpD Crawdaunt: 105-123 (39.3 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 515-608 (130.7 - 154.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 304-359 (100 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 338-400 (96 - 113.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 354-416 (87.6 - 102.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Chicken.png

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Roost

Tapu Koko helps Craw in making a good Offensive core as it can usually beat some pokes that Craw struggles with like Buzzwole, Tapu Fini and Urshifu-Water while baiting switches like Heatran, Glowking and Blissey and U-turning for Crawdaunt to abuse them. The set isnt anything revolutionary but theres a reason why its not because Koko still does its job fine even with this basic ass set.

Volc.png

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 16 SpA / 88 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain

Honestly Volcarona was added to this team just becausei was having alot of problems with Grass types while testing because stuff like Rillaboom was recking my team before, yeah sure its not a perfect check to Rillaboom or Kartana but it was doing the job of checking them, killing Ferrothorn and acting as a pseudo-speed control with Quiver Dance. The choice of Fiery Dance just came because i didnt found out calcs where Flamethrower did anything that FD didnt and Giga Drain is for Bulky waters like Swampert, Tapu Fini and Gastrodon. The evs dont really mather as i just wanted to have Bulkyrona to deal with Ofensive Grasses.

Some calcs:

16 SpA Volcarona Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 232-276 (54.4 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
16 SpA Volcarona Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Swampert: 220-260 (54.4 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 16 SpA Volcarona Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 170-200 (49.4 - 58.1%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Haha barb.png

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Ferro acts as my Rocker and as a Defensive backbone for my Ofensive Pokemon to fall on agaisnt threats that outspeed them and threaten them out while there are alot of Mons that also threaten lando with fire moves like Volcanion, Victini and Heatran they usually get checked by other team members and fear Ferros Knock on the switch. The moveset is mostly regular except for the Power Whip which is a move to hit Tapu Fini that would otherwhise get 6 Calm Minds and sweep me, all tho i could also go for Gyro Ball to hit Fairys harder. The evs where just an attempt at making a mixed wall so i made him have the same stat for both sides of the Defensive spectrum.

Some calcs

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 128+ SpD Ferrothorn: 118-139 (33.5 - 39.4%) -- 17.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 128 Def Ferrothorn: 270-318 (76.7 - 90.3%) -- approx. 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Bro.png

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Slack Off

Slowbro works as my pivot to get my Offensive Mons in the field without having to worry about taking heavy damage and also just scouting for what is the opponent going to do specially The Craw who need heavy help getting into the field. The moveset is really nothing special just what a regular Bro usually is except have a Colbur which helps my team have to deal with knocks less then usual. The heavy Spdef investment works for tanking moves from Volcanion and other fires much easier while still having that defense investment to be a Slowbro.

Some calcs:

252 SpA Choice Specs Volcanion Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 188 SpD Slowbro: 151-178 (38.3 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Victini Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 68+ Def Slowbro: 280-330 (71 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike U-turn vs. 252 HP / 68+ Def Slowbro: 180-214 (45.6 - 54.3%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO

landorus-therian.jpg

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog
- Toxic

I guess i just cant escape him... Landorus-Therian is my defoger in this team and ground type to block Volt-Switch and check Electricks like Zeraora and Eleki even tho its not invested in Ofense it still does alot of damage with STAB Earthquake. The moveset as i said Lando is my defoger for the team and i went with Toxic right now because it does seem to be better at hitting stuff like other grounds which Lando checks but doesnt threaten imediatly. Im running Spdef on this one because it allows it to check ghosts and things like Tapu-Koko better.

Some calcs:

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 248+ SpD Landorus-Therian: 189-223 (49.4 - 58.3%) -- 68.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Blacephalon Overheat vs. 252 HP / 248+ SpD Landorus-Therian: 297-349 (77.7 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Watch List:

Offensive Grasses: While yes i did pretty much add Volc to the team for this reason grasses still threaten the entire rest of the team nailing Volc with a Knock and getting lucky by not getting burned these grasses become a pain to deal with when they have rocks.

monke.pngPapar.pngbulu.png
Specs Tapu Lele: The moment that gets on the field the game becomes a massive 50/50 and it gets even worse if its Calm Mind because then my theoredical check Spdef Slowbro becomes setup fodder.

Le.png
Blacephalon: No matter the set if this thing gets in something is either dying or pretty much dying the only thing i can do is cut my losses sack something and try to revenge with Craw or go Lando and take big damage from pottential specs.
boom.png
Things id say kinda need change:

Ferro: Just doesnt setup rocks consistently enough and most of the time i dont feel like its doing much outside of checking somethings for a few turns.
Volc: Its really the same thing that Ferro had but now i feel like it doesnt really do its purpose.

Please id love help for this team because i love The Craw and i love Pokemon and i suck at endings thx RMT.

I'm not sure it's bad, since you have Ferro and Landog, but how did you decide on Koko w/ 2 waters?
Yes while there are 2 waters both of them use the typing in completely different ways while Craw uses it Ofensively, Slowbro uses it defensively and as a pivot so even tho they are both waters they still fill different roles

No, I meant electric terrain heightens their weakness to electric. 2 waters is fine.

Edit: I'm sure it's no big deal. It looks unorthodox, but craw won't care about e terrain, it does to any electric already.

Really cool offense team so I'll give a rate
STRENGTHS:
1) great offensive synergry, they share similar checks but also beat their uncommon checks
2) strong defensive core that relies on slowbro+lando+ferro for checking mist stuff meanwhile packing good resistaces on the offensive mons
3) Has the necessary momentum to let the frail breakers in through the pivots

FLAWs:
1) :garchomp: and :dragonite: quite threatening due to lack of ice beam on slowbro
2) :seismitoad: is really tough to play around here so keep that in mind.

FIX:
1):slowbro: should run ice beam over scald to punish garchomp and dragonite directly while forcing damage on spdef :landorus-therian:
2) You could benefit from experimenting with a different koko set such as natures madness volt switch, toxic and etc.

Really good team, Liked rating it. Have a good one!

Really interesting team , I do like the future sight + koko + crawdaunt offensive core .
Some changes which could help the team are :
1) Using heatran over ferro as a stealth rocker . Heatran works pretty well as an offensive stealth rocker which can threaten common defoggers like corviknight . Heatran also deals a ton of damage to lando-t trying to switch in to defog. Since you have a slowbro , i would suggest using 252 def slowbro and a sp def heatran set to form a strong defensive core.
I recommend the following heatran set :
Heatran @ Leftovers
Level: 100
Calm Nature
Ability: Flash Fire/Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
or
Heatran @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Ability: Flash Fire/ Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

There are two sets above , you can go for the physically defensive set if you switch slowbro to slowking or you can go with the specially defensive set to check blace and lele with heatran and give slowbro more physically bulk to effectively check urshifu-rs and victini. I prefer flame body over flash fire because flame body is both uncommon and unexpected. You can fish for burns on urshifu-rs u-turing on slowbro or rillaboom using grassy glide on slowbro , getting which will give you a huge advantage. Since flash fire is quite expected , most of your opponents wont even try using a fire type move on heatran untill there physicall attackers get burned.

2) Considering you are replacing ferro with tran , your team now has 2 fire types , which is not really needed. Instead of volcarona , you can go for specs Dragapult which can revenge kill stuffs like blace and lele and is a decent speed check . Dragon dance pult or CB pult is also an option.
That way you also have a grass resist and an normal and fighting immune.

Last edited:
Really interesting team , I do like the future sight + koko + crawdaunt offensive core .
Some changes which could help the team are :
1) Using heatran over ferro as a stealth rocker . Heatran works pretty well as an offensive stealth rocker which can threaten common defoggers like corviknight . Heatran also deals a ton of damage to lando-t trying to switch in to defog. Since you have a slowbro , i would suggest using 252 def slowbro and a sp def heatran set to form a strong defensive core.
I recommend the following heatran set :
Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
Ability: Flash Fire/Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
or
Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
Ability: Flash Fire/ Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

There are two sets above , you can go for the physically defensive set if you switch slowbro to slowking or you can go with the specially defensive set to check blace and lele with heatran and give slowbro more physically bulk to effectively check urshifu-rs and victini. I prefer flame body over flash fire because flame body is both uncommon and unexpected. You can fish for burns on urshifu-rs u-turing on slowbro or rillaboom using grassy glide on slowbro , getting which will give you a huge advantage. Since flash fire is quite expected , most of your opponents wont even try using a fire type move on heatran untill there physicall attackers get burned.

2) Considering you are replacing ferro with tran , your team now has 2 fire types , which is not really needed. Instead of volcarona , you can go for specs Dragapult which can revenge kill stuffs like blace and lele and is a decent speed check . Dragon dance pult or CB pult is also an option.
That way you also have a grass resist and an normal and fighting immune.
Thx for the feedback and a question is the phys def heatran nature intencional or an error also should i run plume instead of storm?

Thx for the feedback and a question is the phys def heatran nature intencional or an error also should i run plume instead of storm?
Yea thanks for pointing out , i edited it to bold nature , and yea plume is much for consistent than storm so you can change storm to plume but at the same time storm prevents switching and deals residual damage every turn , so its totally up to you to choose between more power and more accuracy(consistency)

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Hey there,

So very cool team, Crawdaunt is a great Pokémon to base your team around. Thank you for explaining the reasoning behind the bulk EV set.

As you noted Blacephalon can hurt this team pretty badly but thankfully Aqua Jet exists (Crawdaunt). Tapu clears a lot of speedy threats (Weavile, Kartana, Alakazam) that might give this team an issue and puts some sort of control when it comes to Dragons being a problem.

As you stated above you're willing to replace Ferrothorn, and that you experience trouble with Blacephalon and Tapu Lele. I would suggest replacing Ferrothorn with a specially defensive Heatran like the comment says above. Heatran would do enough with Blacephalon by taking fire moves all day long and the rest, here's some calcs on what those Pokémon's do to this Heatran set. Heatran is also pretty good at setting up entry hazard and works well with Slowbro in terms of defensive partner.

252 SpA Choice Specs Blacephalon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Heatran: 154-183 (39.8 - 47.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran in Psychic Terrain: 133-157 (34.4 - 40.6%) -- 53.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Heatran: 45-53 (11.6 - 13.7%) -- possibly the worst move ever

It also outlives a choice specs Focus Blast from Tapu Lele which is pretty good especially since Focus Blast is extremely inaccurate and they would have to switch out if you bring in something else that counters Focus Blast.

The set I would recommend:
1665298436261.png

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

For Landorus-Therian, you should change the move set just a little bit and drop Toxic because Heatran will do that job better with (Taunt + Magma Storm). So Toxic > Stealth Rock (Since dropped from Ferrothorn). Lastly since you were using Ferrothorn with Knock Off I would recommend to replace U-Turn on Landorus-Therian to Knock Off as well so you don't lose that capability on the team if its needed.

For Volcarona I would either keep Giga Drain or Roost, but definitely not both because of coverage, I feel like Bug Buzz / Psychic would be a nice addition regardless on what move you drop because of coverage (Like Toxapex will switch in on Heatran sometimes).

Aside from that, wish you luck on this team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)