ORAS Ubers A Different HO (47-3, 91 GXE)

Hello users! I decided to put up an RMT because it's been 9 months since my last and I've been rather inactive lately (especially on forums). As some of you know, I took a short break from this game after getting salty about being haxed out of every damn tour I joined. So, to mark my return I took an old team of mine and went on a ladder run of 50 games (sample size of my previous RMT) which ended up rather successful. I also used it in a couple of room-tours where it won 2/2. I'm kind of bored of this team now and there are some small weaknesses which I need feedback on so drop a rate!

At A Glance (that colour scheme though)

Concept

The idea behind the team was pretty simple, it focussed on the notorious TrapTurn core formed by Mega Gengar and Yveltal. Offensive Yveltal is a Pokemon which most teams lack a good switch-in for, thus allowing it to destroy balanced or stall builds, and put a decent amount of work in against HO. Fairies - the main thing stopping Yveltal having a field day are trapped and eliminated by Mega Gengar. I wanted to use these Pokemon as they are a bit anti-meta right now. Mega Gengar has dropped significantly in usage and thus a lot more teams are weak to it, and Yveltal in general is rare these days, the few times it's seen it is mostly running the defensive set, so its offensive set is lesser prepared for.

Offense is my favourite playstyle so from there I built the team somewhat formulaically - an SR lead to pressure the many switches the threat of Mega Gengar causes, a near-mandatory Primal Groudon as a check to like half the meta, an Ekiller as a soft check to nearly everything, and a GeoXern for further pressure and to abuse Mega Gengar being able to remove its checks. HO struggles against stall due to ORAS's Magic Bouncers and a bad match-up in general, but the inclusion of Mega Gengar - a Pokemon which thrashes stall immensely improved the match up. To compensate for being weaker to HO, I made some of the sets on this team specifically to improve this match up.

In Depth: Teambuilding Process + Sets

Deoxys-Speed @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Skill Swap
- Magic Coat

Deoxys-Speed's role on this team is simple - act as the suicide lead. It gets up rocks to help with KOs and to pressure the many switches a core like Mega Gengar and Yveltal forces. I gave it a Rocky Helmet because this Deo-S is bulky enough to live most hits so Focus Sash will rarely ever come into play. Furthermore, a Rocky Helmet allows me to anti-lead Deo-A. This slightly improves the match-up against other HO teams that Deo-A finds itself on. Rocky Helmet is also great to get off a total of 33% damage to Ekillers trying to anti-lead, and it also chips away at Fire Punch Primal Groudon to help put it in range of Xerneas after another round of SR. Lastly, Rocky Helmet destroys Mega Kangaskhan, always taking off 50% of its health before going down. There are a lot more niche uses it has but it'll take too much space to write them all.

The EVs allow it to outspeed Deo-A, while the HP and Defense lets it live any hit from Primal Groudon (bar special Fire Blast / Overheat), so I'm safe to Taunt P-Don leads to prevent their rocks going up. Furthermore, these EVs give me extra insurance against Ekiller which prevents the 5050s.

252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 240 Def Deoxys-S: 138-164 (45.3 - 53.9%) -- 39.8% chance to 2HKO

The chance to 2HKO is low so I'm safer to Taunt and then get up rocks instead of not Taunting and risking it Swords Dancing. Note this is an LO Ekiller so Lum and Silk Scarf are just easier.

As for the moves, I dropped Spikes in order to include both Skill Swap and Magic Coat. Skill Swap is basically mandatory on Deo-S in this meta where Mega Sableye and Mega Diancie exist. Magic Coat was appreciated on this team to help the match up against sample HO, which this team otherwise has a rather hard match-up against. Sample HO is also popular in both tours and ladder so this was a nice inclusion to help this match up. Of course, Magic Coat also has its other uses such as preventing other suicude leads getting their hazards up. Stealth Rock and Taunt are mandatory for obvious reasons.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 24 HP / 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 228 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Yveltal is obviously here because the team is built around it. It is the primary wallbreaker, the sheer power and typing behind its STABs lets it punch big holes which allow others to clean up. It also functions as an Arceus-Ghost and Gira-O counter, while also checking other threats such as Mewtwo, Deo-A, and soft checking Darkrai as non-STAB Sludge Bomb is rather weak.

Life Orb was the obvious choice of item to maximise power - Oblivion Wing for example 2HKOs Xerneas. As for the EVs, 24 HP gives it a Life Orb number, 8 Atk puts it at 300 for personal OCD reasons, 228 Speed reaches 291 which creeps standard Lugia and apparently every support Arceus I've run into (seriously guys run more Speed on your Arceus) and the rest is dumped into SpA as it uses special attacks the most. The moves are standard - Dark Pulse and Oblivion Wing are the best and mandatory STABs, Sucker Punch for very much appreciated priority especially for HO, and U-Turn because it's fantastic with Mega Gengar in the back. U-Turn also gets off a good amount of damage on Tyranitar which is huge to help eliminate it, as it is a threat to the TrapTurn core. I chose a Rash nature (-SpDef) to better take on Arceus-Ghost and Gira-O.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond / Protect

Mega Gengar is the bread and butter partner for Yveltal, providing good synergy and of course removing Fairies like Xerneas and Clefable. When mega evolved, it most notably can function as a check to Darkrai, Shaymin-Sky, Ekiller and Arceus formes in general. Mega Gengar is often the MVP as thanks to the ridiculously good Shadow Tag, it can remove what it wants. Teams that rely on Klefki to check Xerneas for example are easily beaten once Gengar removes Klefki, and so on for numerous other Pokemon. Removing Waterceus for RPolish 3 Atks P-Don to clean up is another example. However I noted the Klefki example in particular because it works exceedingly well. Klefki is often switched in to Yveltal, so Yveltal U-Turns and Gengar removes it. Now Xerneas wins.

The EVs and item need no explaining. As for the moves, Sludge Wave is its strongest STAB and of course removes Fairies. I chose it over Sludge Bomb because the extra 5 BP can actually be very clutch, especially when revenging Darkrai. Some Xerneas even live Sludge Bomb too so Wave was just safer. Shadow Ball was chosen over Focus Blast for quite a few reasons; I already have U-Turn on Yveltal to help with Tyranitar, I have trash luck so I'll miss Focus Blast in most situations anyway, Shadow Ball is significantly better at removing Klefki and damaging Primal Groudon, and it also hits the Latis and Lugia. Taunt is Taunt, letting it remove support Arceus easily and giving hell to any other defensive Pokemon - examples being preventing Lugia from Whirlwinding and beating the blobs. The last moveslot is slashed because I often switched between the two. I rarely ever found myself using Destiny Bond, so I often tried out Protect which signficantly helps in checking Darkrai and Ekiller, the former who is a massive threat otherwise.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 152 HP / 236 Atk / 48 SpD / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Polish

The core of Mega Gengar and Yveltal is weak to Primal Kyogre and Tyranitar. So, shockingly, Primal-Groudon was a good addition to the team in order to check those and more such as Xerneas, Mega Salamence, Ho-oh and all the other Pokemon (cba to list them all, ya'll already know). As this is HO I didn't mind the fact that it only soft-checked Mega Mence and Ho-oh.

The EVs are somewhat a personal of mine, as they accomplish many things and I haven't seen this spread used before. 152 HP lets it live +1 Double Edge from 252+ Atk Mega Mence after Stealth Rock (after coming in for the first time so 94%), while the SpDef lets it live +2 HP Ground / Focus Blast from Xerneas at the same range. The Speed is simply how much I creeped while the Atk puts it at a nice 500. I opted for the Rock Polish 3 Atks set as it functioned better against HO (improving the match-up), and the presence of Mega Gengar compensated for foregoing SD, as Mega Gengar can remove the things that check a Swords Dance-less Primal Groudon. PBlades and Edge are mandatory while Dragon Claw was chosen to help with Gira-O and the Latis, who are otherwise quite threatening to this team. It's also nice to have a reliable move to pick off weakened Pokemon.

I was comfortable EVing for the 94% (rocks) benchmark as opposed to 88% since on a team like this where Deo-S is the dedicated lead, any time P-Don finds itself in, it will have taken damage anyway.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 88 HP / 108 Def / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ground]

I had a glaring weakness to Yveltal, specifically the defensive set. The tier's premier Fairy was chosen to alleviate this, and to simply abuse how good the combination of Mega Gengar + broken sweeper is. Xerneas was also added to function as an Ekiller check and Mega Salamence running Return / Frustration over Double Edge. Lastly, Xerneas helped with the Latis. There wasn't really any other big reason to include this mon, but it goes a long way in pressuring fatter teams to play how I want them to, and is simply a fantastic win condition, especially when Mega Gengar removes its check.

EVs: 88 HP lets it takes two LO Obv Wings from Naive / Hasty Yveltal, 108 Defense lets it tank +2 Ekiller after rocks, and tank +1 Return / Frustration Salamence. Max SpA for obvious reasons with the rest in Speed.

Thunder was chosen as coverage to help with Primal Kyogre and Ho-oh, who can be quite threatening otherwise, and HP Ground is a safe way to hit Primal Groudon a lot harder than Moonblast, letting it pick off weakened ones a lot easier. It also hits Klefki and Aegislash slightly harder. With my terrible luck I'm paranoid of running Focus Blast so I chose HP Ground instead, despite Focus Blast giving better coverage. Focus Blast's targets are handled well enough by this team anyway.

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Last but most certainly not least is E-Killer, you can't go wrong including this mon on HO. E-Killer gave me a blanket check to pretty much everything thanks to its powerful Extremespeed, great bulk and neutral typing. On this team, it was another way of picking off GeoXern to take pressure of Primal-Groudon, and also helped revenging Darkrai. Mega Salamence was another mon E-Killer could pick off, as everythin else on my team put it in range.

I opted for the bulky set, just for extra insurance and because I just find it to be better in this meta. E-Killer checks a lot on this team so giving it extra bulk didn't hurt. 192 HP gives it a Life Orb number, max Atk with an Adamant nature makes it actually pretty strong (it's known for being weak) and the Speed creeps Lugia and other Arceus formes. Everyone EVs for a Jolly Life Orb Ekiller, which is why Adamant LO can be so good, KOing Xerneas after rocks for example and even other zero bulk Ekiller (it's a chance iirc). Another reason I chose Adamant was to better pick off Xerneas and Darkrai.

I opted for the simple SD +3 Atks because I didn't really need Refresh for Arceus-Ghost for example as I had Yveltal. Stone Edge helps with the Mence and Ho-oh weakness, and hits Yveltal and Lugia a lot harder than Shadow Claw.

And that's the team! The team has a decent or good match up against every playstyle. Stall is heavily compensated for with Mega Gengar and the power of offensive Yveltal, as is balance. HO is compensated for with anti sets (Deo-S) and mons that are always good against it such as RPolish Don, bulky GeoXern and a bulky E-Killer.

REPLAYS
VS GunnerRohan: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-274004303

Mega Gengar trapping Klefki simply coming through, random ass bulky Latios though wtf.

VS Dewtios: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-274253884

Against sample HO, even though I got Magic Coat pulled on me, this shows Magic Coat coming through in this match up as it eventually forced him to switch out and allow me rocks.

VS Optic Stall: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-288262363
VS Optic Stall: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-288336151

I won both games pretty dominantly, showing this team's strength against the stall playstyle.

VS Bizeps Brennt: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-288376815

Replay showcasing how easily Mega Gengar found an opportunity to trap Klefki and open up the win-con for Xerneas.

VS TheBoss: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-288273554

Up against a Magic Bounce team, showcasing the value of Skill Swap and Dragon Claw on P-Don.

SHOUTOUTS
IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:

Antacool - stay innovatin' ;). Your teams are too heat.

Daenys - bae af. GoT <3

magsyy - I enjoy your memes.

benbe - faqqot m9 ly

Starmei - (puke)

n00b - randbats God

PHP - father.

Pohjis - stop hatin' on me :(. Jk you're the nicest guy and ladder hero (nerd)

Gunner Rohan - my man. Future prospect imo. Still a faqqot tho

hyw - GRATS ON DRIVER

Lord Outrage - gr8 player m8, gl in future endeavors, helped me build some of my teams too, thanks

PoMMan - mfw I still haven't made the rest of your mons o.o

Hack - my favourite to win open ;). you have great knowledge of this game. i still remember that insane comeback against aim

Level 56 - great player, gl in future endeavors and go win seasonals. no one will beat your xy 96 gxe

tenefix - bae af. nicest guy ive ever seen online

Thugly Duckling - o.o

DoubleOD - I love you.

James Jimmy - m9

Adaire - why u leave :(

Krauersaut - I may not beat your ladder records, but at least I beat you in BO3s ;). AYY LMAO

DracoMaster Dab - hello Indian memer

The Trap God - bae af

The Miracle - bae af

yohoE - >when bae leaves you :(

shrang - your banword list is fucking hilarious the amount of people it mutes everyday lmao. Thanks for driver <3

Fireburn - HELLO THANKS FOR MOD ILY

Sweep - HI

haxiom - HI

WreckDra - does your name have anything to do with CritDra?! Good mod inactive tho imo.

ApplepieFTW - swank

SparksBlade - HI

kingmidas - ur cool fam since we started talking a little <3

I can't find the rest of you on forums and if I forgot you I'm SORRY. You guys know who you are though I talk to you lots like everyday. s/o the whole Ubers room basically.

PROOF
47-3.png

And yes I will go for #1, just not now since I planned on a sample size of 50. Also it takes like 5 years to find one game when you're top 10 so I couldn't be bothered anymore.

IMPORTABLE
Deoxys-Speed @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Skill Swap
- Magic Coat

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 24 HP / 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 228 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 152 HP / 236 Atk / 48 SpD / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Polish

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 88 HP / 108 Def / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ground]

THREATS

- If Gengar lacks Protect and hasn't evolved, this mon can be annoying to deal with. Otherwise I have E-Killer which does like 75 with Extremespeed but that's not enough before it gets some kills obvs. Sash variants are harder to deal with due to lack of LO recoil to put it in range. A bit tricky to play around, but if you opt for Protect Gengar it's a lot easier to deal with since you only have to sack one mon.

- If it comes in on Ekiller or P-Don and Intimidates, it gets basically a free set-up so I have to sack a mon or two to revenge it. Usually its soft checking it with P-Don. If it has already mega evolved it's not really a threat as it lacks Intimidate so it can't set up freely.

These are the most notable threats I've had to deal with, 2 of my losses were to one of them each. If I'm missing any big threats let me know.

E: SD Arc-Ground can be threatening as I lack actual checks to it. It doesn't comfortably set up on anything though and if it gets +2 I have bulky E-Killer to pick it off. Late game at +2 though is threatening as my mons will likely be weakened.

Last edited:

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
rofl, you couldn't beat 43-2 and you can't beat 49-4. classic. also where's my shoutout you scrub?

Anywho. Arceus Ground is a bitch. EKiller + Pdon is a bitch. Kyogre coming in on PDon is a bitch. Darkrai is a HUGE bitch lol, i'd say protect is mandatory on gengar. I'd recommend focus blast and hidden power rock over your fillers on xern, as Ho-Oh is, you guessed it, a bitch - and although hidden power ground is nice when you're paranoid, it's really bad lol, especially since aegislash isn't common anymore. Taunt Gengar is cool in a meta where everyone's forgotten about it, and single handedly destroys most stall teams of ORAS, so props for using that. i'd go more in depth but i'm a bit tired *yawn*, but fun team i suppose. your laddering skills need work, dilwar-san. :^]

rofl, you couldn't beat 43-2 and you can't beat 49-4. classic. also where's my shoutout you scrub?

Anywho. Arceus Ground is a bitch. EKiller + Pdon is a bitch. Kyogre coming in on PDon is a bitch. Darkrai is a HUGE bitch lol, i'd say protect is mandatory on gengar. I'd recommend focus blast and hidden power rock over your fillers on xern, as Ho-Oh is, you guessed it, a bitch - and although hidden power ground is nice when you're paranoid, it's really bad lol, especially since aegislash isn't common anymore. Taunt Gengar is cool in a meta where everyone's forgotten about it, and single handedly destroys most stall teams of ORAS, so props for using that. i'd go more in depth but i'm a bit tired *yawn*, but fun team i suppose. your laddering skills need work, dilwar-san. :^]
HELLO CHILL I EQUALLED YOUR SECOND ONE. Yeah true forgot about Arc-Ground thanks for pointing it out. Agreed with Protect tbh, ty for the rate I'll use the Xern suggestions (not sure about HP Rock tho ._.), it's not even guaranteed. Thunder + Focus Blast might be the best tbh.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ah, the infamous Trap Turn. You did a good job making it HO instead of BO which i do commend you for, but this still falls victim to what all trap turn teams have: an extremely volatile match up vs other HO. You need to be very careful with and win 50:50s with Gengar in order to not get swept by RP Don / Mega Mence / E-killer because if RP don gets to set up on it does a massive amount of damage to your team, and if you Taunt a blades, well there goes your E-Killer check. This will be something that this arch needs to play around, but you can make this more manageable in the teambuilder.

How to make this better:
1) You need either Focus Blast or Destiny Bond on Gengar as well as Protect in my opinion, which means Shadow Ball kinda needs to bite the dust. Its a cool STAB move that allows some consistent damage on specially frail Pokemon that are neutral to it, but it doesn't really help your team all that much against its most volatile match up which I think is more important. Focus Blast gives you better odds (as silly as this sounds) though due to it NOT forcing Gengar to trade with Darkrai and open the team up to an E-Killer sweep (assuming Darkrai isn't sash... you have other problems there).

2) Run Jolly E-Killer! As cool as MC Deo-S + Bulky E-Killer is, the Deo-S on HO does have a meaty shot at getting SR if it wins the MC vs Taunt 50:50s. Your E-Killer cannot effectively revenge other E-killers after 2 SR switch-ins (assuming you RKed Darkrai) + a LO hit. Jolly gives you a 50% shot to revenge it at any health which is much better than losing outright to a Deo-S 50:50 + Sash Darkrai + there own E-Killer. Its not a nice shot, but its a shot. E-Killer will also tie at worst with Mega Salamence (you will just plain outspeed most) with this set which is a huge boon thanks to the team's inherent weakness.

Running Focus Blast on your extremely defensive Xerneas can also help with E-Killer in a pinch, but it may not be necessary if 1 and 2 are implemented; it's just something to keep in mind.

Hopefully the luck gets better (you need it to win Trap Turn v HO unfortunately) and you find my changes beneficial.

Edit: My name has something to do with Kingdra (my fav mon), but it came around long before critdra was a thing ;]

Any team which uses my favorite mon, Mega Gengar, sounds nice in my books. Since Krauer told you to use HP Rock, I guess you can use Aromatherapy or Focus Blast instead of HP Ground, on Xerneas. Thanks for the shoutout. :)

Ah, the infamous Trap Turn. You did a good job making it HO instead of BO which i do commend you for, but this still falls victim to what all trap turn teams have: an extremely volatile match up vs other HO. You need to be very careful with and win 50:50s with Gengar in order to not get swept by RP Don / Mega Mence / E-killer because if RP don gets to set up on it does a massive amount of damage to your team, and if you Taunt a blades, well there goes your E-Killer check. This will be something that this arch needs to play around, but you can make this more manageable in the teambuilder.

How to make this better:
1) You need either Focus Blast or Destiny Bond on Gengar as well as Protect in my opinion, which means Shadow Ball kinda needs to bite the dust. Its a cool STAB move that allows some consistent damage on specially frail Pokemon that are neutral to it, but it doesn't really help your team all that much against its most volatile match up which I think is more important. Focus Blast gives you better odds (as silly as this sounds) though due to it NOT forcing Gengar to trade with Darkrai and open the team up to an E-Killer sweep (assuming Darkrai isn't sash... you have other problems there).

2) Run Jolly E-Killer! As cool as MC Deo-S + Bulky E-Killer is, the Deo-S on HO does have a meaty shot at getting SR if it wins the MC vs Taunt 50:50s. Your E-Killer cannot effectively revenge other E-killers after 2 SR switch-ins (assuming you RKed Darkrai) + a LO hit. Jolly gives you a 50% shot to revenge it at any health which is much better than losing outright to a Deo-S 50:50 + Sash Darkrai + there own E-Killer. Its not a nice shot, but its a shot. E-Killer will also tie at worst with Mega Salamence (you will just plain outspeed most) with this set which is a huge boon thanks to the team's inherent weakness.

Running Focus Blast on your extremely defensive Xerneas can also help with E-Killer in a pinch, but it may not be necessary if 1 and 2 are implemented; it's just something to keep in mind.

Hopefully the luck gets better (you need it to win Trap Turn v HO unfortunately) and you find my changes beneficial.

Edit: My name has something to do with Kingdra (my fav mon), but it came around long before critdra was a thing ;]
Ty for the rate! I agree with suggestion 1, it all makes sense I just let my paranoid issues hold me back :(. I will definitely use it though in a more serious setting. As for 2, I use Xerneas as my check to other E-Killer. My own E-Killer is more of a last ditch effort and having the bulk to tank a +2 Extremespeed better rather than risk a Speed tie is more of a personal preference of mine. I will be running Jolly E-Killer sometimes though, just depends on who I'm facing ;).

> Hopefully the luck gets better - me after UPL ._.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hai. Felt especially compelled to rate this team because I'm very familiar with the build having a trap turn HO myself. Just echoing what some other users have stated in regards to weaknesses, this team struggles against EKiller, Darkrai, Mence, Arc Ground, and slightly against P Ogre and RP P Don. There's no consistent method of handling EKiller at all here. Mega Gengar has Protect second slashed, your own EKiller is too slow to have much a chance of revenging, and Xern only checks in a head-on situation. Darkrai can lead against your Deo-S and just OHKO with Pulse, or actually setup if it predicts that you don't Taunt while the only thing you can revenge with is EKiller which doesn't even OHKO. Mega Mence sets up on both EKiller and P Don and you have no solid method of revenging other than with EKiller (does only like 38%) while Sucker Punch is prediction reliant. Arc Ground can setup on P Don and you have no way of revenging it other than mindgames with Gengar or dealing around 42% with EKiller. If P Ogre got a free switch into P Don you have no counter play, but it's P Ogre so whatever. Opposing RP Don can potentially be a problem as well.

Dropping Deo-S for Scarf Landorus-T, running Protect + Focus Blast on Mega Gengar, and allocating P Don to offensive support largely fixes these problems. In reality the only thing Deo-S is helping this build against is Mega Kanga, which is a niche mon and not particularly potent. Landorus-T greatly picks up some slack against the offense matchup, and against defensive builds Mega Gengar threatens most of the things that will be switching into Lando-T. Having Intimidate along with a second Ground immunity (Mega Gar doesn't really count) makes the EKiller / Mence / Arc Ground / RP Don problems far more manageable. Running Protect and Focus Blast on Mega Gengar is pretty much just insurance, and are good moves in their own right anyways. Running offensive support on P Don with something like D-Tail or Thunder Wave solidifies the team further against the previously mentioned offensive threats. The slight Ogre weakness can't really be fixed, although Scarf Lando-T does actually give far more options against P Ogre than Deo-S (which does nothing). This team is about as strong against Darkrai as you can get, as you can't run Mega Diancie, you can't run Scarf Xern, you've got EKiller, and Scarf Lando-T is sufficient enough to scare Darkrai away with faster Earthquake / U-turn. You can even experiment with Scarf Yveltal or some bizarro Sleep Talk set if Darkrai is still a problem.

That's pretty much it since trap turn HO is kind of an intuitive build that has largely been figured out already.

deo-s w.out spikes is like nutella without banana. it's super silly imo. the reason u run deo-s is the 5-6 for two hazards which is usually worth but this is like :( just use mental herb (rocky helmet is kinda silly lol..) and drop magic coat for spikes. fr it will be worth 10 million times over imo. definitely need protect and dbond sucks without taunt...... but dont u usually use taunt to like own an arceus or something? hmmmmmm. u could try out hypno / hex / focus blast / protect. much more shaky effort to eradicate defog but i think the better matchup vs jolly ekiller and darkrai is def wanted. unless u rly want taunt here > hypno and run shadow ball but ew.. there are a few other things that kinda irritate me but i understand ur justification. no water resist is not cool but u can kinda outpower so it's not that bad. neat idea

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)