A Guide to Stopping Talonflame’s Tailwind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talonflame is a pokémon that thanks to Tailwind, its ability Gale Wings, and the existence of Focus Sash, can do Tailwind almost always, being one of the best speed controllers of the metagame and making it appears in 7 of 10 battles approximately.
Note: This is a guide for Series 6 (where many important pokémon are banned and The Crown Tundra is not release yet), so is probably that in next series this guide don't results so relevant.

prohibido talomflame.png

Ideas:

1. Lycanroc Scarfed with Accelrock + Barraskewda with Aqua Jet, +Speed Nature, and speed higher than 195 (Talonflame’ Speed).
Weak Points: - Tsareena as pair of Talonflame. - Quick Guard.

2. Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Scarfed with Surging Strikes + Weezing (Kanto or Galar) with Neutralizing Gas as ability.
Weak points: - (In the sense of being sacrificing a pokémon): Pokémon with type advantage against Urshifu-Rapid-Strike (as Talonflame’s pairs) that can give OHKO to it, and that can’t be defeated in any way by Weezing before, Example: Toxtricity. - Quick Guard.

3. Accelgor Modest full Sp. Atk. full Speed, with Choice Specs and Water Shuriken + Pokémon with the ability Drizzle.
Weak Points: They exists but aren’t usually seen.

4. Pokémon with Fake out/Feint/Extreme Speed/First Impression (all they are movements with priority higher than 1 (which is Tailwind’s priority)) + Faster Pokémon than Talonflame (except if our pair has Fake Out), probably Scarfed, examples: Lycanroc Scarfed with Accelrock, Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Scarfed with Surging Strikes, Barraskewda, etc.; and with a movement that top off Talonflame.
Weak points: - Tsareena as pair of Talonflame, except if one of our pokemon is Weezing (Kanto o Galar) with Neutralizing Gas and an offensive that can top off Talonflame (example: Sludge Bomb with a decent Special Attack). - Quick Guard, except for pokemon with Feint (ignores Quick Guard), or with Fake Out that are faster than the Quick Guard’s user (Fake Out and Quick Guard have the same priority (+3)). – In almost all cases that Talonflame’s pair can be a relatively fast pokemon with Fake Out.

5. Pokémon with base speed 68 or more, +Speed Nature, Choice Scarf, and Rock Blast (Example: Terrakion) + Weezing (Kanto or Galar) with Neutralizing Gas as ability.
Weak points: - Fake out against the user of Rock Blast. - (In the sense of being sacrificing a pokémon): Pokémon with type advantage against the user of Rock Blast (as Talonflame’s pairs) that can give OHKO to it, and that can’t be defeated in any way by Weezing before, Example: Duraludon.

6. One of the most simple choices: Trick Room. Is not for don't let Talonflame do Tailwind, but helps a lot.
Weak Points: - Taunt.

I hope this can be very helpful for you, if you have more ideas, welcome. Sorry if my english has mistakes, I don't speak english and gave my best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)