ORAS LC A little bit of Hyper-Offence

Hello, it's time for another RZL RMT!!! I built this team a while back for LCPL, but I didn't get around to using it. This is a fairly standard Dwebble Offence team.

Team Building Process

Dwebble is necessary, as it can set up both Stealth Rock and Spikes, while maintaining high speed.

Carvanha is my favourite cleaner in LC, it has a lot of power, and has a great typing.

Snivy provides nice coverage for Carvanha, as Leaf Storm hits extremely hard, and hits Water-types.

Since Fletchling obliterates this team, I decided to put Choice Scarf Magnemite in as a solid check.

Snubbull acts as my primary Fighting counter, overall as my pivot. Driftloon completes this team, as it provides a Fighting-type check, spinblocker, and back up cleaner.

The Team

Dwebble @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Counter
- Knock Off

This Dwebble set is fairly standard. Maximum Speed and Attack investment and a jolly nature to outpace other leads, and to hit harder with Knock Off, respectively. Stealth Rock and Spikes are my two hazard moves which allows me to apply a great deal of pressure against my opponent. Counter allows me to deal a great deal of damage against other leads, and has a nice surprise factor. Knock Off allows Dwebble to have even more utility. All-in-all Dwebble provides a lot of pressure against the opponent, and is the most reliable Pokemon that has access to both Stealth Rock and Spikes in LC.

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 9 HP
- Waterfall
- Protect/Substitute
- Zen Headbutt
- Crunch

Carvanha is my primary cleaner, and resident speed demon. Maximum Speed and Attack with an adamant nature, allow Carvanha to outspeed a majority of the tier after one turn, whilst maximizing its damage output. Both Waterfall and Crunch are used as its powerful STAB moves, and they dent anything unresisted. Protect and Substitute are used to gain extra Speed Boosts, Protect is a more guaranteed boost, whilst Substitute is a high risk and high reward play. Zen Headbutt adds a super effective move against both Fighting- and Poison-types, which otherwise plague this team.

Snivy @ Berry Juice
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 156 HP / 236 SpA / 92 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Glare
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Snivy is a powerful wallbreaker with Leaf Storm, and provides a decent check to Sticky Webs. The spread gives it 15 speed, maximum Special Attack, and 23 Hit Points. 15 Speed allows Snivy to outspeed a majority of Pokemon that hit 14 speed such as Bulkyfoo. Leaf Storm is Snivy's primary wallbreaking tool, and can destroy any Pokemon hit neutrally by it. Hidden Power Ice hits Grass- and Flying-types. Substitute allows it to turn the many free opportunities it makes into something that heavily damages the opponents team. Furthermore, Substitute can be used to activate Berry Juice. Glare is used to spread around paralysis, thus making it easier to set up Substitute.

Magnemite @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Thunderbolt

Magnemite is my all important Fletch-check, and Choice Scarfer all-in-one. The EV spread is maximum Speed and Special Attack to maximize speed and damage output, respectively. I chose analytic over magnet pull because the add power when opponents switch is nice, and I do not necessarily need to trap Steel-types. Volt Switch is the main move that I use, as it applies so much pressure against the opposing team if they do not have a Ground-type. Both Flash Cannon and Thunderbolt are used to hit hard. Hidden Power Ground is used to beat other Magnemite and Chinchou.

Snubbull @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Impish Nature
- Thief
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Earthquake

Snubbull acts as my Fighting-type counter and pivot. The EV spread allows it to hit 11 speed which outspeeds standard Timburr, furthermore, the defensive EVs are set to eviolite numbers, 14 and 12, respectively. The remaining EVs were dumped into Attack and HP. Thief acts as a pseudo-Knock Off after Berry Juice has been triggered or has been Knocked Off. Play Rough is used as a primary STAB move and to deal heavy damage against Fighting-types. Thunder Wave is used to spread around more paralysis, as Snubbull forces many switches. Earthquake is used to hit Poison- and Electric-type switch ins, such as Stunky and Chinchou.

Drifloon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 196 Atk / 116 SpA / 196 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Acrobatics
- Substitute
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball

Drifloon binds this team together, as it is the spinblocker, back up cleaner, Fighting check, and Destiny Bond Revenge Killer/Wallbreaker. Drifloon's EVs maximize Attack and Speed with a lonely nature, as Drifloon does not need more than 16 Speed due to its ability and natural bulk. Acrobatics is used to give it power and also works well in conjunction with Drifloon's ability. Substitute is used to dodge Sucker Punches as well as to whittle down Drifloons HP to Berry Juice range. Destiny Bond is used to take down any troublesome threat that cannot be taken down otherwise or can be used at the end of a sweep to ensure one more KO. Shadow Ball allows Drifloon to hit on the special side as well as giving it another STAB move to utilize.

Threats

Fighting-type Pokemon can be huge threats, as they hit many of my Pokemon super effectively with their STAB and common coverage moves.

Hazards are a huge problem, as I do not have a Hazard Remover.

Ferroseed is very hard to deal with, as it may not be able to offensively hurt my team, it can effectively stall out my main attackers.

Fletchling with Overheat are the biggest threats, as they can beat Magnemite and then proceed to sweep my team.

Dwebble @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Counter
- Knock Off

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 9 HP
- Waterfall
- Protect
- Zen Headbutt
- Crunch

Magnemite @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Thunderbolt

Snivy @ Berry Juice
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 156 HP / 236 SpA / 92 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Glare
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Snubbull @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Impish Nature
- Thief
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Earthquake

Drifloon @ Berry Juice
EVs: 196 Atk / 116 SpA / 196 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Acrobatics
- Substitute
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball

Hiya RZL, nice to see a good Dwebble team. I have a couple suggestions that you could try out to help make it better.

-Since your team has Snubbull and Floon while all the rest of your mons all pressure Fighting types, I don't really think you need Counter on Dwebble. You mentioned that you lose to Fletchling with Overheat, as Snubbull's really only able to check it. For this reason, you should try running Rock Blast>Counter. This lets Dwebble act as a sort of Fletchling check while maintaining its original purpose. Also, since Rock Blast rolls dont change against Fletch and youre not using Knock Off for power, you should use a spread of 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 Spe with a Jolly Nature. This allows it to live a Knock Off and Drain Punch from Mienfoo, although you can't set up on Taunt foo.

-Your team really has no way to pressure Ferroseed or stop Pawniard, so I'd recommend using HP Fire>HP Ice on Snivy. This lets you beat Steel types while still hitting Grasses, and the only bird snivy hits with HP Ice is vullaby anyway. In addition, I'd personally use more speed in order to tie with Pawniards and outspeed Scraggy. To do this you need to run a spread of 76 Def / 240 SpA / 176 Spe with a Timid Nature.

-I'm not a huge fan of MixFloon, and especially not on this team because you have like no way to beat Pawniard. In order to pressure Pawniard more and beat it, you should run SubCM Floon>Mixfloon. HP fighting helps lure in Pawn and kill it after a calm mind. The evs I'm giving are a little wonky but they outspeed Pawn so Pawn has to play sucker games to beat you.
Drifloon @ Berry Juice
EVs: 116 HP / 84 Def / 40 SpA / 8 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Substitute
-Right now your team has real troubles with Ponyta, as your only check has to Protect in order to beat it which just lets checks come in for free on Carv. To help somewhat alleviate your Ponyta weakness, you could try running Shell Smash Omanyte>Carvanha. Omanyte can set up on Ponyta without fear of WoW or Flame Body burns, and beats a lot of the same Pokemon Carvanha beats.
Omanyte @ Eviolite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 76 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
That's all I have, good luck with the team and stick around in LC :]

Last edited:
Hey, nice team. Not really much to change here except for the spread changes Oma mentioned.

Apart from that, if you're interested in trying out a cool set, I was reading the description of your drifloon and I saw that it is a secondary cleaner. You should try WP loon over it, as you already have two fletch checks and I can say from personal experience that it's a monster late game.

Drifloon @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Atk / 4 Def / 200 SpA / 16 SpD / 200 Spe
Rash Nature
- Endure
- Baton Pass/Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Acrobatics

Apart from that niche set, ferroseed just steps up hazards all over your team, so I'd recommend fire punch on Snubbull and/or HP fire on mag.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)