SS OU A moth mom, a bird dad, and their 4 kids (ox the fox/slainey peak 1914/top 50 with 4 LC pokemon)

Coolest LC mon?

• hippopotas

• mareanie

• raboot

• tangela

• clefairy

• drillbur

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shaymin Sky

You, no, all of you, are my repentance.
is a Community Contributor
volcarona.png
corviknight.png
hippopotas.png
raboot.png
clefairy.png
tangela.png

As you may have heard, there are baby Pokemon on the loose in high ladder ou right now. No one can stop them, not even your Blissey fats can stand a chance against this god squad piloted by the 2 LC legends ox the fox and slainey...(If I see any of you in the replies saying "ACTUALLY this pokemon is not LC it's-" I will block you >.>)

Team building process
hydreigon.png
corviknight.png
hippopotas.png
drilbur.png

Firstly the original team was provided here is by ox but later down the line of revisions I help out as well. So how it would even be possible to win with LC Pokemon is just 2 really good mons for match up fishing to have some sort of win con, and having a bunch of bulky extendable shit members LMAO. Ox figured sand would be the best bet if we were going with any sort of LC team and afterwards added Drillbur for banded sand rush. The hydreigon is roost nasty plot for bulkier teams, as well as a bulk up substitute Corviknight which ended entire teams lol.
hydreigon.png
corviknight.png
hippopotas.png
drilbur.png
mareanie.png
raboot.png

Heres the full original team made by ox the fox. He added a Mareanie for extra toxic spikes chip and for another general bulky extendable shit mon lol. The other addition Raboot is actually not bad thanks to it having a top 5 ability and not bad attack and speed for what it is. It often cleaned late game and secured tons of ohkos thanks to gunk shot stab off libero. Sadly Raboot doesn't have access to pyro ball as a good fire stab, so it doesn't have any fire moves ironically enough.
volcarona.png
corviknight.png
hippopotas.png
drilbur.png
mareanie.png
raboot.png

Here's the part where me and ox start to work together to reform the team to work better overall. We figured Hydreigon is ass at matchup fishing so we went for the matchup moth herself VOLCARONA
volcarona.png
corviknight.png
hippopotas.png
clefairy.png
tangela.png
raboot.png

Heres the final team! Me and ox figured drillbur is too weak even with band( although it did win a game LOL), and with Volcarona being roost we needed some sort of cleric and that cleric was clefairy! We also saw that Mareanie was a bit too frail still and went with a bulky grass tangela. We kinda went back to the roots of "extendable lc shit mon to allow the mu fishing mons to get in and win/raboot late game clean"

Pokemon sets

volcarona.png

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Psychic

They call her matchup moth for a reason, she wins matchups straight fucking up and that's her role. The set roost is for the prevalence of things like sucker punch in the meta(urshifu and cinderace), as well as longevity overall to be a magearna check especially when you add heal bell clefairy in the mix. The spread according to storm zone allows it to beat jolly cinderace by tanking pyro ball allowing it to get a quiver dance off, then roost up on sucker and then tank sucker post roost.
corviknight.png

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 100 SpD / 160 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Roost
This is another matchup fishing pokemon, primarily more stronger against defensive teams like balances or semi stalls as well as sand. The set along with its ability if you play it right can allow you to out pp stall haze from toxapex. The spread is made to be able to speed creep 252 speed adamant crawdaunts, and invest the rest into hp and defenses to have as much special bulk as possible to make bulk up even more problematic. It is almost ALWAYS the way this team even pulls a W LOL
hippopotas.png

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Slack Off
This is one of the main defensive tanks of the team. It eats up moves, gets up rocks, and gets crucial toxic to chip down pokemon this team cannot normally beat. Spread if very straight forward, you wanna use this as a defensive answer to phys mons. Thing its bulk isn't that good if you can believe it xd, it even has worse spdef than Hippowdon even with eviolite. It may be mediocre but trust me its probably one of the best lc mons on this team lol.
raboot.png

Raboot @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch
This is the late game cleaner of the team! Youuu ok? You don't think I am serious? Do you not believe in the boot??? Fuck you, but im gonna continue anyways. Raboot thanks to libero is basically a banded powerhouse on all of its moves. It's speed also is barely enough to abuse its good coverage(hjk for steels and darks, u turn for mons that come in on it, gunk for fairies, sucker for r killing) along with libero too, in fact Raboot is so good for what it is you are able to run HDB and not have to invest in some sort of attack stat boost or some shit. Sadly since Raboot isn't a big boy and merely a child he cannot do big boy things like drink, same thing goes for being able to use a viable fire move that starts with a P.....
clefairy.png

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
Clefairy is the cleric who aids in keeping volcarona alive, as well as be the teams only spdef tank. I say tank because if I said wall I couldn't keep my face straight while typing this out. Other than what I just mentioned it utilizes knock off so it is not that free to switch in on, and in fact has saved quite a few games because of it. Surprisingly this small fairy has similar if not better spdef capabilities then the latter of its evolution which comes in handy in many cases. Sadly its lacking heavily in the spa/defense category for its great spdef : (
tangela.png

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
This is the main water resist for the team as well as bulky grass type for things like Azumarill that cannot take on otherwise. We have sleep powder for status giga drain for damaging stab that gives longevity, knock off so it isn't so free to come in on since it lacks power, and lastly sludge for another form of status if theres a mon slept already so might as well fish for poison. This is the only pokemon on this team that is actually better at what its adult form does( in this case being a huge physdef wall) because it actually tanks better from physical moves. It even survives +6 azumarill knock off unlike tangrowth!

Threats
Literally I am not even going to post the threats 1 by 1, this team loses to practically everything and the only way you can stand a chance is to have momentum the whole game/have a mu fishing mon do well vs the opponents team. I will say though that these are the 3 biggest threats...

1.TOXIC SPIKES

Although they dont effect most of the members, it still effects 2 of my biggest phys def walling pokem-ok I couldn't say wall I cant we know god damn well hippopotas is not a wall LMAO- ok let me try again. Bulky phys def tanks, and that can be a major problem as someone can set up the tspikes and proceed to go into whatever their physical pressure mon is and steal games. The counterplay to this is to make sure you have enough momentum to keep them unable to use tspikes.

2.CINDERACE
Look at my team and look back to cinderace. Hippopotas doesn't do shit btw. The way we beat this is to hope our opponent is crazy enough to allow it to take chip damage from fucking baby pokemon of all things, and then win with boot late game off sucker/win with our mu mons b4 it does anything serious. Couple this thing with tspikes and its just outplay or bust in a mu like that LOL

3.URSHIFU-DARK
I have 0 answers to this LMAO. Even though we have tangela who tanks physical attacks better it takes like 40-49% and isnt a real counter. Clefairy gets mirked as well from its bottom tier phys def. Not only that the crits go through my bulk up's and sucker does a shit ton to volcarona, so if I am below 60% its a raw 50/50 for volc to attack or roost sadly even with a qd boost.

The team: https://pokepast.es/98c347ca81255c7b

Proof of peak(via replay, this 1 only had 3 lc pokemon the rest of the replays have 4):https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1151385289-ow2fl5emmjx99uayqvy6eu9zz5w1e5spw

Peak proof for 4 Lc mons(1909 top 50):https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1151398898-v84u35qdlan1f561hufja1e7ohi9dkfpw

Rest of the 4 LC mon 1860+ replays!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1151421713-fa7eru9fwzp65nx7fwf1l54i1vcmekgpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1151425834-0g30dn9slf49mumnqo4bw8ggnjekdj7pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1151429430-0jyh6qun6h6x9ljr9bxvola7v1kjbr6pw

special thanks to storm zone for watchin our games and talkin while we were playin and talking with us about plays :]

ox and slainey out~

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)