A Secret Viridarium (OU) Rmt(Updated)

A Secret Viridarium
My past teams have always been weather, so I decided it was a time for a change.To get away from the bog standard Sand teams, rain teams, and sun teams. This team here is the work of myself and a very good friend of mine Gorgonopsid Master from serebii.We decided to make a new team together that was not in any way using weather. And we wanted to harness the beast that is Virizion, who is the star of this team.​

Teambuilding process

We started off with Virizion, as I have used him before and he can be devastating in the right hands

Virizions checks were Latios, Latias and Reuniclus because we did not want weather we did not use tyranitar, we decided on a CB Scizor to deal with these threats

The team so far had a fire weakness, and we needed a check to the sun teams so the best bet was a Specially Defensive Heatran

Next we needed another check on sandstorm teams, and to bring a halt to the speedy mole Excadrill and the clown on steroids Conkelldur and came up with Gliscor

Rotom W was added to keep a tab on Gyarados and another check to rain teams

Last but not least Starmie, to keep the momentum and for a a potent special sweeper

Gengar was added to deal with celebi and lucario problems.

Now onto the team

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Heatran is excellent in its role. It handles sun teams, and checks Volcarono. This is the first part of the defensive core, and it checks the one of the three weathers. The Evs are standard and maximize special bulk. Stealth Rock makes it easier for Virizion to sweep, lava plume has been chosen for its 30 percent burn rate which can nerf physical attackers. Toxic is to hit bulky waters and walls that would otherwise wall heatran. Roar was added for better utility and a better way to combat chestresto Volcarono

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Taunt​

Gliscor is excellent, it checks Excadrill and Conkelldur who would give this team a lot of trouble. Gliscor has excellent synergy with Heatran, being immune to Earthquake and resisting fighting type moves. It fills the role of a bulky sweeper. The Evs are standard and allow Gliscor to outpace max Speed Tyranitar and all Adamant Breloom, yet still allow it to maintain amazing physical bulk to counter Excadrill and Conkeldurr. Swords dance allows Gliscor to boost its attack, ice fang is to hit flying pokes and levitate users. Earthquake is STAB and can 2HKO Jellicent after a swordsdance factoring in Stealth Rock. Taunt is stop phazers and other pokemon from setting up.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch

Rotom-W, this pokemon is excellent. It is last part of the defensive core and has good synergy with Gliscor and Heatran. The Evs give Rotom the power to hit as hard as he can yet at the same time to maintain some bulk as well. Hydro pump and thunderbolt are obvious stabs and are very powerful. Hidden power fire is for Ferrothorn, who otherwise would wall Rotom. Volt switch is too keep the momentum and have a switch combo with Scizor's U-turn, while pain split allows it to keep alive.
Rotom-Ws set was changed to scarf due to the change from Starmie to Gengar.

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 216 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Ah CB Scizor, nothing really much to say as it is a excellent poke and everyone knows it. CB allows it to hit hard straight off the bat. Bullet punch is standard, U-turn to keep momentum and incase of a switch. Superpower nails opposing steels who otherwise would counter Scizor. And pursuit is for trapping fleeing psychics like Latios or Latias. The Evs have been changed so Scizor can handle special hits better, while still allowing it to hit hard.

Gengar @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Disable
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Starmie was replaced With Gengar to combat my Lucario weakness, and Celebi weakness. And sub and disable is a deadly combo. Gengar also allows me to muscle through Jirachi with the right prediction.

Virizion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]​

The star of the team Virizion. This pokemon does not just ooze class, it is class. The Evs are standard sweeper ones, leftovers are chosen for more durability and is better in weather, for example sandstorm. Calm mind boosts its decent special attack and excellent special defense, giga drain is for recovery and its STAB. Hidden power ice is for gliscor and dragons. Focus blast is for stab and to handle steels.

Conclusion
Thanks for your time in reading my Rmt. Changes in future will be in BOLD. A big thanks to my good friend Gorgonopsid Master for help in making this team. And thank you again for reading my first ever Rmt ^_^. And a big thank you for Fried Rhys for his input ^_^

A last Glance

The pokemon that gives this team problems-credit to Gorgonopsid Master for making it

Breloom - Gliscor can do his best and try and protect stall off the damage. Otheriwse it does hurt my team alot especially sub-punch variants.

Celebi - Major threat. Variants with HP fire and Earth power effectively destroy the team. The best I can do is do as much damage with ice beam from starmie and then try and revenge kill it with a BP from Scizor otherwise I have no answer.

Heracross
-Gliscor I guess checks Heracross but he can't do much in return, Choice variants are more a nuisance but Gliscor can stall them out.

Kingdra - Potentially devestating if it gets set-up, the best I can do is try and do as much damage with Starmie and wear it down with the other pokemon.

Lucario - If it doesn't carry Ice Punch gliscor does a pretty good job of walling it, otherwise it can be potentially devestating so I have to try and work around it.

Reuniclus - Scizor handles it pretty well by outspeeding and KO'ing with U-turn otherwise if it gets set up it can be lethal.

Sawsbuck - Gliscor and Starmie can work around it, though if its under sun and has an SD boost it is a major threat.

Scrafty- Virizion can KO with Focus blast and Gliscor walls any without Ice punch, though after a DD it can definately hurt the team alot. Especially ice punch variants.

Hi

Fried Rhys made some good suggestions, so there is nothing more I can add.
I do have a little nitpick though. On Gliscor I suggest a slightly different EV spread. A spread of 244 HP / 184 Def / 80 Spe will give maximum Poison Heal recovery while the extra speed will help to outspeed opposing Gliscor, etc.

Thunderus can be difficult if you replace Starmie with Gengar. Rotom will be prevented from Tricking away it's Choice Scarf as long as Thunderus is around. To help with this you could try out Quick Attack on Scizor, preferably over Pursuit as it is Scizor's least useful move and hardly gets any use. Quick Attack will help against Thunderus, Infernape, Kingdra, weakened Gyarados, etc, things that have the possibility of giving you problems.

So far I have been using this team quite alot. My wins have been far greater than my losses, and my losses are mostly due to my mistakes. The team is pretty good, especially with Gengar over Starmie.

Quick attack is certainly a possibility which I will test over the next few days, and report back about my findings with it.

I find that when using Specially Defensive Heatran it's always best to use protect over Substitute for scouting and recovering lost hp, taking into consideration the amount of times a check/counter is switched in on heatran :]

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
hello i really like ur team but you may want to give virizion more def evs, to allow it o live priority/ other physical moves while setting up. Calm mind will boost ur sp def so u dont really need tht many evs in it

@ Fried Rhys
Thanks man, changes have been implemented and have worked wonders.

@ Delko
Thanks for the input, i will test the alternate the ev spread, and understand about quick attack and will try it. But pursuit is important for trapping psychics
but i will test it^_^

@Evire
i know wat u mean man, ive used protect before so i will test it over toxic

@ Dragon user Evs in defense are useless imo, Virizion is meant to be a sweeper so defense evs are not needed. But thanks for your input

I would suggest swapping out Rotom-W for Gastrodon. This will create a powerful anti-weather core, and allow you to rely on Gastrodon as a Special Wall. This can free up Heatran to maybe be a Scarftran Revenge-Killer? Do whatever you want, but believe in the power of something that can wall effectively in rain and sand which has perfect synergy with Heatran's x4 resistance to Grass. Plus you already have Heatran's bro, Gliscor. Talk about an effective synergy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)