ORAS OU A team with things...

This team is built around core of Serperior, Megazard X and Manaphy, a F/W/G core. So yeah...
Changes in bold

THE TEAM

Green snake thing (Serperior) @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [ Ground ]
- Giga Drain

This is the first mon in my core and laughs at bulky water types which wall charizard and manaphy such as Rotom-w and Gastrodon. I usually deploy this early game and sometimes as a lead if an opponentt ries to lead with keldeo etc. when they see landorus-t. It is used as a wallbreaker to soften up and usually KO rock, ground and water types for charizard or manaphy to sweep. Standard Attacker set. Leaf storm for STAB and boosting, Dragon Pulse to hit dragon types. HP fire for ferro, scizor and other steel types and giga drain for longevity.

cute lil blue thing (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Psychic
- Scald
- Energy Ball
mess with the prince of the sea. He will shit on your team if you're not careful. I use him to soften up anything that's a threat to lando-t or anything to be honest. It also trolls sand teams with rain dance as well as zard y and other fire types that are a threat to serperior and lando-t. Standard tail glow set and is self explanatory. Energy Ball for gastrodon etc. Psychic for mega venu.

orange dragon thing (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

This orange dragon thing completes my core and helps manaphy and green snake with its fire typing and is usually used late game to clean up the carnage after the team have been softened up. A standard physical sweeper set with DD to boost, Flare blitz for fire stab, dragon claw for dragon stab and roost to recover flare blitz recoil.

red metal bug thing (Scizor) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Atk / 8 Def / 92 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Defog
- Roost

This thing is a different set that I made myself that has good bulk and decent offensive presence and coverage. I use this as my hazard remover as the latis don't have good synergy with lando-t. Hazard removal is a must for megazard and this mon has good synergy with my team as well as priority to pick off weakened mons. BP and Bug Bite for STAB, Defog is self-explanatory and roost for recovery.

metal pidgeon thing (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Thanks to -lone for suggesting this. Skarmory provides a much needed ground immunity and also a check to excadrill and can phaze set up sweepers and rack up chip damage with spikes making it easier for charizard to sweep. It also checks fairy types with iron head.

flying cat thing (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

This thing is vital to my team being able to revenge kill electric types, lure out gliscor and opposing lando-t and KO with HP Ice as well as having a ground immunity and being very powerful in general. It checks mons like mega manectric and raikou for manaphy to sweep and lures out rotom-w for serperior and is a good pivot. I usually use this throughout the game when it is needed e.g. when raikou needs revenge killing. Sometimes I use it as a lead to lure out raikou or other electric types and KO them or it can also sweep late game. EdgeQuake for stabb and coverage, HP ICE for bulky ground types and also for flying and grass types and U-turn for pivoting.

rock dino thing(Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch/ Ice Punch

Thanks -lone for suggesting this. This mon helps me check talonflame, a threat to my team and also provides revenge killing and also pursuit trapping for starmie, gengar and latias. It also provides bulk a check to weather teams with sand stream, making a sweep easier for charizard.

pink fairy thing (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

I love having 3 S ranked mons on my team :). This thing is my rocker, support mon and also status absorber and a standard sponge. I need it to check dragons for my core as well as dark and fighting types like bisharp and breloom. SR for chhip damage, Moonblast for STAB, T-wave to cripple speed reliant mons. Soft-boiled for recovery.

THREATS

Mega venu: My team doesn't really touch it unless I use megazard, but then I risk losing my sweeper.

Green snake thing (Serperior) @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [ Ground ]
- Giga Drain

cute lil blue thing (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Psychic
- Scald
- Energy Ball

orange dragon thing (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

metal pidgeon thing (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

rock dino thing (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

pink fairy thing (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Last edited:
Hi #1 Rotom i have two suggestion for your team, the first is replacing landorus with a Choice Scarf Tyranitar. The reason of this change is the huge weakness of your team to Talonflame since you lack of a flying resistance and scarf lando cant really switch on an offensive sets (band 2hko) while a difensive can burn you. Tyranitar deals with against every set just beacuse even burned can ohko talonflame (252 Atk burned Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 444-524 (123.6 - 145.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO) also avoiding the 2hko from band set. Tyranitar also traps lati@s that walls your manaphy set and can revenge kill zardx if not boosted. Sand Stream can be useful against MVenusaur nerfing Synthesis. Ice Beam is to lure tankchomp, defensive landot and gliscor being a solid 2hko even with a jolly nature. Even though now you lose the electric immunity, once zard megaevolves it can handle both manectric and raikou that are setup fodder and anyway Tyranitar can check them too. The real problem of dropping landorus-t is the lacking of a ground immunity so we have to fix this problem with a second change that is Skarmory > Scizor. Skarmory really fits well in this team providing the aforementioned ground immunity, the hazard control and an answer to mega diancie that checks your mega. Lastly i would change some moves on your pokemons, first Hidden Power Ground > Hidden Power Fire on serperior in order to lure Heatran and make a Zardx sweep easier, second Psychic > Rain Dance in order to lure and kill after a tail glow MVenusaur clearing the path for Serperior and running Rain dance with CharizardX can be very counterproductive.
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Hi #1 Rotom i have two suggestion for your team, the first is replacing landorus with a Choice Scarf Tyranitar. The reason of this change is the huge weakness of your team to Talonflame since you lack of a flying resistance and scarf lando cant really switch on an offensive sets (band 2hko) while a difensive can burn you. Tyranitar deals with against every set just beacuse even burned can ohko talonflame (252 Atk burned Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 444-524 (123.6 - 145.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO) also avoiding the 2hko from band set. Tyranitar also traps lati@s that walls your manaphy set and can revenge kill zardx if not boosted. Sand Stream can be useful against MVenusaur nerfing Synthesis. Ice Beam is to lure tankchomp, defensive landot and gliscor being a solid 2hko even with a jolly nature. Even though now you lose the electric immunity, once zard megaevolves it can handle both manectric and raikou that are setup fodder and anyway Tyranitar can check them too. The real problem of dropping landorus-t is the lacking of a ground immunity so we have to fix this problem with a second change that is Skarmory > Scizor. Skarmory really fits well in this team providing the aforementioned ground immunity, the hazard control and an answer to mega diancie that checks your mega. Lastly i would change some moves on your pokemons, first Hidden Power Ground > Hidden Power Fire on serperior in order to lure Heatran and make a Zardx sweep easier, second Psychic > Rain Dance in order to lure and kill after a tail glow MVenusaur clearing the path for Serperior and running Rain dance with CharizardX can be very counterproductive.
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
OK thanks I will make the changes but what if manaphy gets statused?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)