SS NU A Veiled Threat ( Peaked #1 on the NU Ladder really bad GXE of 77.6 lol)

Danny

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
ZU Circuit Champion
:ss/aurorus: :ss/sandslash-alola: :ss/mesprit: :ss/absol: :ss/crobat: :ss/turtonator:

So my goal before the next shifts was to top the ladder, and that I did. I used two main teams on this ladder journey,and will be posting the other one soon, just wanted to get this one out there first. Veil, as many people know is broken. So why not abuse it. A standard Aurora Veil team which is still usable if you replace the Crobat with a Toxicroak or a Salazzle.

Proof of Peak:
C0CEA9BA-D005-44E6-BCE7-31EF94701C04.png

The Team:
:ss/aurorus:
Aurorus
@ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rocks
- Blizzard
- Earth Power
- Freeze Dry

Aurorus is the only hail setter in NU, so it is a necessity for Veil Offense. It’s only job is to Set the Hail, set up rocks and then hit as hard as it can until it dies. It actually has a good matchup against many of the mons in the tier, able toweaken annoying Pokémon for Veil, such as Stunfisk Galar, Aggron which it OHKOs, and even Duraludon if you forego rocks for the extra KO. Not much else to say about it. It does it’s job and it does it well

:ss/sandslash-alola:
Sandslash-Alola
@ Light Clay
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Triple Axel
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

The undercover MVP of the team alolaslash is able to set up veil against mon not named Taunt Sableye(yes I had to face that), and is actually a good stand alone hard hitter. It is faster than any Pokémon in the tier when under hail, it gets the Veil up and then it hits hard and breaks holes for the sweepers to do their thing. I chose to make this the veil mon instead of Aurorus, because Kay had pointed out to us before that Aurorus can do one or the other, get up SR or get up Veil. It can’t do both. It’s too slow and it drops at any fighting move in the game. So I gave Slash the Veil role. It also hits hard by itself, having good matchups against common Pokémon such as Crobat and Eggy-A.

:ss/mesprit:
Mesprit
@ Salac Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

Yep. That’s right, I saw this set in a NU Snake game, and decided to borrow it for awhile. Who am I kidding I straight stole it, but nonetheless it is an effective set.With Mesprit’s good bulk, it is able to sub up on many Pokémon in the tier, and dodge status from Gastrodon or P2. An effective late game cleaner, it won me many games, and hopefully it is used more. Idk if it will be outclassed by Espeon, but a similar Espeon set could also work in this spot, with Calm Mind over NP. Good, solid mon.

:ss/absol:
Absol
@ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Tail

Absol is a beast. Huge Attack Stat coupled with broken STAB Knock Off, what more could anyone ask for? This is honestlythe Stall Breaker of the team, it functions well outside of Veil, and gives my team away to out maneuver other offense teams. Absol has won me so many games, with Sucker Punch mind games or just keeping it in the back to clean up worn down teams. The set is pretty straightforward, SD to break, Knockfor STAB and item removal,Sucker for priority, and Iron Tail for coverage for fairy types, not that it needs it, +2 Sucker does an insane amount to Silv Fairy, especially after it is chipped down after a long game. This mon is the glue to this team,functioning perfectly on an HO team as the clean up after all the breakers have worn down opposing teams.

:ss/crobat:
Crobat
@ Heavy Duty Boots
EVs: 252 SpA / SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane
- Giga Drain
- Heat Wave
An insane Pokémon in its own right, NP Crobat went fairly unexplored in the short time it was here, and that’s really unfortunate. It shreds fatter teams, as it is immune to Toxic and it has perfect coverage. It’s Special Attack is pitiful, but with Nasty Plot and it’s amazing speed tier it functions well as a late game cleaner and Stall Breaker in its own right. Unfortunately it suffers from the walled by p2 syndrome, but other than that it shreds fat. Hurricane for STAB high power attack, Giga Drain for Gastro Vape and Quagsire which wish to beat it, an Heat Wave for a more accurate way to hit grass types and Escav. Too bad we lost it, not that I had any delusions we’ll keep it, but this slot can be replaced with NP Toxicroak which also does huge damage to Quagsire, with a Shuca Berry equipped can deal with Mudsdale and Gastrodon, and is a water immune and Toxic Spikes absorber. Not to mention the new fast poison added to the tier Salazzle which could just as easily run a NP set and bully the tier. Will forever miss Crobat, but got to use its lesser used set so that was really fun.

:ss/turtonator:
Turtonator
@ Heavy Duty Boots
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse

A staple on veil, this guy shreds the tier. a decent SpA stat, at this point everyone already knows what it does. It smashes up and breaks. The move set is standard the mon is standard, chose DPulse over coverage Flash Cannon for an accurate STAB move.Also struggles with the walled by p2 syndrome, my counter play to that is just shell smash to +6 and bonk it on the head. I experimented with Sub to keep it from being toxic’d, but that just led me to be shit on by Vape more than I like so it’s only worth it if you can’t seem to find a way to beat p2. Behind veil it just shell smashes twice and kaboom. It wins.

Conclusion:
Fun team, SO all the people who used veil in Snake Draft especially confide for using the Mesprit set. This team is nothing crazy, just balls to the wall HO. It works, and it will probably continue to work after the shifts are implemented.

Will post my other team which I used to top the ladder with, didn’t win the last few games with that team so I posted this one instead, since I was in a rush to top the ladder and didn’t want to spend 70+ turns using stall. Still the other team is a bit more creative so that will be coming soon

Some Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1224314345-dil5plujsudz7ndmjwxapdh1debe8fnpw
The last game
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1222984330-fb67fmd2dwzq10qguwbkw49fujtowvmpw
One against Ho3nconfirm3d so that’s cool
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1223368582-wy7nku99baw9g5jy7ml6h8x5g0wyi70pw
One against some balance shit
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nu-1224211423-57yauv9uyo8ti27kmv2buenel49k8h7pw
Veil Vs. TR
Importable:
https://pokepast.es/f903ba902b64fd69

Edit: Not gonna post the other team bc it is irrelevant now with the new drops.​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)