A Vortex of Fairies (Hyperoffense)

A Vortex of Fairies

X and Y Hyper Offense Featuring the World’s Cuddliest Pokemon

Welcome! This is a Hyper-Offense team developed by myself. When starting the building of this team, I thought mainly about the famous “Enter the Dragon” team developed by PK Gaming and JabbatheGriffin in Generation 4 overused (before Showdown was a thing, when the name of Kingdra was to be feared.) I thought that I would do something like that, but with a core of Fairy type Pokemon with the rest of the team built to cover their weaknesses. As the team evolved, it became more about rounding out my weaknesses and improving Pokemon choices, so some pixies were lost along the way. The team is performing incredibly well, and I am pleased with the results, yet I want to bump it up to the next level.

A quick glance:

A Quick Demo

An in-depth look:

Absol @ Absolite

Ability: Justified (Mega Ability: Magic Bounce)

Shiny: Yes

EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk

Hasty Nature

- Swords Dance

- Fire Blast

- Sucker Punch

- Play Rough

While Absol isn’t distinctly fairy, it’s Mega Evolution just looks like a Fairy type with its ridiculously majestic mane and wings. I wasn’t about to run a real Fairy Mega with Gardevoir being the only option, so I picked a MEvo that I thought needed a little love. Plus, Mega Absol is surprisingly strong. At 115 base speed, it out-speeds many OU threats that it can take care of with its 150/115 base Attack stats. One Swords Dance nearly gurantees a substantial sweep of two to three Pokemon, especially when a defensive Steel-type comes in, not at all expecting a Fire Blast. Sucker Punch is the better of Absol’s two viable stabs, and Play Rough and Fire Blast in combo can usually take down any stall ‘mon that would be Taunt bait and is immune to Sucker Punch because of it. All in all, Absol is an impressive Pokemon that can seize a single turn in mid/late game to clean up.

Gastrodon @ Mystic Water
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 SAtk / 172 HP / 84 Def
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Recover
Gastrodon here was a suggestion so that I could cover my boundaries as far as the Electric Weaknesses on Azumarill and Togekiss, and force switches on physical sweepers and other threats like Rotom-Wash. It performs beyond what I imagined, and no one expects an offensive Gastrodon. It provides the team with a conclusion to much needed synergy.

Azumarill @ LeftoversSitrus Berry

Ability: Huge Power

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature

- Aqua Jet

- Superpower

- Play Rough

- Belly Drum

A few words on Azumarill, but not many. With its recent re-typing and its Huge Power, Azumarill has turned out to be quite the threat this generation. However, Choice Band is the most popular set, something I do not understand. If I send Azumarill in on a Dragon, Fire, Water, or Ground Type, a Choice user with an undesirable move for Azu’s typing, or a multitude of other Pokemon, I can Belly Drum on the switch. Tearing a team of massive, scary Pokemon apart by spamming a Forty Power move is quite satisfying. Azumarill doesn’t mind going down to plus 5 attack, which is why Superpower is an auto-kill button for Steel types or bulky things that need an extra punch to kill. Play Rough is just an incredibly strong STAB. I maxed out Azu’s Speed here because 50 base speed is very bad, but at least I can out-speed some of the slower Pokemon in the tier.

Togekiss @ Leftovers

Ability: Serene Grace

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef

Modest Nature

- Air Slash

- Roost

- Thunder Wave

- Dazzling Gleam

With 252 HP, Togekiss has surprising bulk, enabling it to get off a Nasty Plot quite easily. When it finds a Pokemon slower than it, forfeits are sure to ensue after a few turns of consecutive Air Slash “hax.” Dazzling Gleam is a new stab for Togekiss this generation, one it puts to use after a single Nasty Plot. Roost rounds out this fairy’s set to maximize its bulk. Together with Azumarill, the two form a core. Togekiss takes out physical walls while Azumarill takes out special walls, while they both fall to electric attacks handily. Thanks, Garchomp!

Heatran @ Air Balloon

Ability: Flash Fire

EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

Timid Nature

- Earth Power

- Fire Blast

- Stealth Rock

- Flash Cannon

Heatran provides synergy (sponging up Steel moves and forcing out Fire types) while being a force on its own. Fire Blast off of fully invested SAtk is ridiculous, and is sometimes used by me as a kill-all button. It also takes out threats such as Scizor and Genesect the rest of my team has issues with, and can Earth Power to destroy a defensive Heatran thanks to fully invested Speed. Toxic exists as a way to aid the process of breaking a wall if some of my offensive bombs are down and out, and Flash Cannon to pressure Sylveon and other Fairies.

Alakazam @ Life OrbFocus Sash

Ability: Magic Guard

EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef

Timid Nature

- Psychic

- Hidden Power [Fire]

- Energy Ball

- Shadow Ball

Alakazam was introduced to the team mainly to take out bulky waters, as Energy Ball can take a full health Rotom Wash down to the red zone. Magic Guard prevents any excess damage that this glass cannon loathes. Focus Sash lets Alakazam take a hit that would otherwise be fatal, for those pesky Pokemon that require two Psychics instead of one to destroy. With 120 base speed, Alakazam also proves the ultimate revenge killer, something the coverage of HP Fire only increases. My one gripe would be its durability, though I cannot find a Pokemon to better take out bulky waters and Gengar, who was a former issue to the team.

Known threats to the team (More will be added as found):

Mega Medicham
Aegislash
Genesect

Exportable/Importable Version:

DarkKnight (Absol) @ Absolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough

FlyingEgg (Togekiss) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam

NiceBuns (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum

HeatBan (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon

Goo (Gastrodon) @ Mystic Water
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Recover

Spoons (Alakazam) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball

To do:
-Fix up Azu's Moveset/EV spread
-Redesign OP with Fresh New Look (and new title!)

Thanks much for any help with the team, all changes from my original team will be immortalized in red.
Sincerely,

Mr. Munchlax, the classiest of all of the Munchlaxes

Last edited:
For Alakazam I would definitely run focus sash over life orb. It gives you a better ability to revenge kill as it fails to kill things with life orb and needs to 2 hits to kill many threats. Also Psyshock would help you take down special walls as well which I had trouble with while playing this team.

You desperately needs a physical wall like Ferrothorn or Skarmory as banded Azumarill OHKOes your whole team! It can safely lock itself into play rough and destroy you, and just waterfall for Heatran. Oh and if it's a belly drum variant, may as well say "gg" right there. I know it's a hyper offense team but one of those would really help you handle it, as many of your guys have trouble killing it if it has full HP investment (which almost all do).

For Absol WHY DO YOU NOT HAVE SUCKER PUNCH?! The priority is too helpful so you can outspeed other priority and kill at +2. Yes night slash may be more reliable but it's not worth it over sucker punch.

I'll edit if I find anything else after playing this team some more. Overall solid team, went 8-2 after 10 matches.

EDIT: I guess you do have sucker punch on Absol, just wasn't in the importable. Just ignore that then.

EDIT 2: I would change leftovers on Azumarill to sitrus berry, lefties don't help much when you take half your health and intend to sweep. Sitrus gives a boost of health right there to take a hit from stuff that lives aqua jet.

Last edited:
team rating stuff. Needs a physical wall.
Thanks, I have changed said items to Focus Sash on Alakazam and Sitrus on Azumarill. As far as a physical wall, I will start testing Mega Mawile today. If anyone intercepts this post before I make a change to the team, suggestions for something to stop physical sweepers are welcome.

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Hey got the request, so I'm here to rate this team.

So from what I'm getting, this team is meant to sweep with several things, and is flexible to work depending on the opponents team. But there are some common issues with this team regardless.
This team doesn't really like simple bolt-beam coverage. You have yache garchomp but that's only a one-time thing and we should consider that the most common electric pokemon in the meta atm is rotom-w. This team can't do much to a rotom-w, and that's a huge problem. Thus, what I would suggest is a gastrodon. This is a huge twist from garchomp, but don't be mistaken, gastrodon can certainly still apply offensive pressure. An offensive gastrodon can come in on rotom-w, ultimately force it out even with resisted hits, and can actually hit quite hard. This makes your team a lot more specially offensive, but I think that mega absol+ belly jet azumarill should still do fine.

Next, to hurt said sylveon a little more, we can try hp grass-->flash cannon. This makes sylveon's life a little bit harder, and it doesn't seem like hp grass is really doing much. Flash cannon just provides some decent STAB regardless, so I think its a better option overall. Sorry for the short rate I'm a little busy :[
Good luck with this team, I hope I helped!

Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Recover

Good luck with this team, I hope I helped!

Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Recover
Wow. Much help. Such thanks. Wow. In all seriousness, Gastrodon is a brilliant call. The team should be updated with new Pokemon/move choices by tomorrow. There has been a lot of great help and I've been sitting around on Minecraft. Thanks guys, and keep it coming!

Hi! For your belly drum Azumarill, have you considered Waterfall over Superpower? Superpower is mainly needed only for Ferrothorn and perhaps Empoleon, while any other steel types gets demolished by +6 Waterfalls. Water/Fairy already provides great coverage, and Superpower does not provide much additional help. Also, the -1 Defense would counteract the Sitrus Berry that keeps you alive longer.

Hi! For your belly drum Azumarill, have you considered Waterfall over Superpower? Superpower is mainly needed only for Ferrothorn and perhaps Empoleon, while any other steel types gets demolished by +6 Waterfalls. Water/Fairy already provides great coverage, and Superpower does not provide much additional help. Also, the -1 Defense would counteract the Sitrus Berry that keeps you alive longer.
I thought about it, but blindly slapped Superpower on for "coverage" (in my dull mind, different types=more coverage.) I'll test Waterfall during my next Showdown session.
Thanks for the input.

I thought about it, but blindly slapped Superpower on for "coverage" (in my dull mind, different types=more coverage.) I'll test Waterfall during my next Showdown session.
Thanks for the input.
Waterfall is a little redundant with +6 auqua jet. Superpower gives added coverage to threats like Ferrothorn. Azumarill is slow... ditch the speed for hp. It'll give it the bulk it needs to Belly Drum safer. Lastly, I'd recommend testing Stealth Rock over Toxic on Heatran. It'll give you entry hazards to break sashes, control the switching game, and make sweeping easier. Hope I helped.

I played you earlier today with the Garchomp version of the team :)

Figuring out what to lead with is a problem with this team. It has troubles getting rid of Aegislash and Genesect due to their priority and speed. The pokes who have the super-effective moves to deal with them (Fire Blast/HP Fire) are 2HKOed on the switch in because of the coverage they have.

U-Turn destroys Absol and Alakazam
Shadow Sneak/Ball wrecks Alakazam
Shadow Ball -> Shadow Sneak ruins Heatran
Ice Beam wrecks Garchomp

Togekiss often feels like dead weight. It wants to abuse it's Fairy-typing, but the big threats have the coverage moves to exploit it's Flying-type (Stone Edge, BoltBeam, etc).

It has troubles getting rid of Aegislash and Genesect due to their priority and speed. The pokes who have the super-effective moves to deal with them (Fire Blast/HP Fire) are 2HKOed on the switch in because of the coverage they have.

Togekiss often feels like dead weight. It wants to abuse it's Fairy-typing, but the big threats have the coverage moves to exploit it's Flying-type (Stone Edge, BoltBeam, etc).
Sounds like I'll need to see if I can swap Togekiss for an Aegislash and Genesect counter. I'll think, though I really enjoy Togekiss on the team. Any help on countering this goons is very welcome.

Sounds like I'll need to see if I can swap Togekiss for an Aegislash and Genesect counter. I'll think, though I really enjoy Togekiss on the team. Any help on countering this goons is very welcome.
Good luck with that. Heatran is already a Genesect counter unless it packs the uncommon hp ground, and it can check aegi pretty well. Other than heatran there are not many pokemon that are able to easily switch into genesect because of the insane coverage he has. It will be hard to find something better than heatran as a genesect counter.

As far as aegi, the situation is not much better. The mixed set hits very hard from both sides, and ghost + fighting gives amazing neutral coverage. The only usable thing able to switch into anything from aegislash is usually mandibuzz and maybe megavenusaur.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)