Ability-Based Tiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It's not like there's just one rare situation where Rhydon's extra damage is useful, though (unlike, say, the usefulness of Golem's slightly higher Speed). There's a ton of situations where, while they're not individually all that common, the likelihood of one or two of them arising in a match is very high.

Also since when are extra damage on Egg and a 3HKO against Lax situational advantages for your Rock? Those matchups happen all the time.

I know that, but those are situational. The chansey MU is something you can reliably force most battles. You can't reliably force any of those other situations (except the extra damage on eggy).

Mr. E: That's why I said you use Dedge when chansey is in KO range, and dont trade at full health. Also, the golem-rhydon MU is so unlikely to happen that it's not really important, especially considering that neither can switch into the other. Explosion is the only real reason you use golem.
Golem/Rhydon actually crops up a fair amount, I find, with people using Golem to revenge-kill Rhydon. Obviously, though, since Golem and Rhydon are both a lot rarer than Chansey or Lax, it's not as common as those two matchups.

It's not like there's just one rare situation where Rhydon's extra damage is useful, though (unlike, say, the usefulness of Golem's slightly higher Speed). There's a ton of situations where, while they're not individually all that common, the likelihood of one or two of them arising in a match is very high.

Also since when are extra damage on Egg and a 3HKO against Lax situational advantages for your Rock? Those matchups happen all the time.
I said the eggy MU was an exception. You can't really force lax to switch into rocks like you can with eggy. I agree though, you could say that those situational scenarios collectively make rhydon consistently capable of utilising his perks.

I said the eggy MU was an exception. You can't really force lax to switch into rocks like you can with eggy. I agree though, you could say that those situational scenarios collectively make rhydon consistently capable of utilising his perks.
Lax doesn't switch into Rocks, but Rocks often switch into Lax and Lax won't always switch out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)