Approved Ability to turn HLs on and off.

pisxel

when my star shines, will you think of me? ☆
Would be a nice thing to have /busy also suppress highlights, imo
I think just a separate command in general might be better, since some users (specifically auth / staff) will be on busy to show that they are in fact busy, but will set their status to "Ping if needed" to notify them. And Idle wouldn't work entirely since as soon as you click on a username, send a message, etc you're off idle and you'll have to /idle again.

pisxel

Posting another message here to add on and say that I think /donotdisturb + /dnd should suppress highlights if the command to do so is out of the question, considering that dnd's purpose is what busy's was before dnd was added. Now that busy's only purpose is to show that one is busy, instead of both that and blocking pms / challenges, I think it'd be reasonable to suppress highlights through dnd.

Last edited:

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Can people tell me exactly which parts of highlights you would want to remove vs not remove? Specifically:

- The desktop notification
- The orange PS tab icon
- The orange/blue panel tab
- The orange/blue highlighted line in chat

Do you want them all gone? Or only some of them?

DYA

not a weeb
is a Community Contributor
Can people tell me exactly which parts of highlights you would want to remove vs not remove? Specifically:

- The desktop notification
- The orange PS tab icon
- The orange/blue panel tab
- The orange/blue highlighted line in chat

Do you want them all gone? Or only some of them?
Personally, I would want to remove everything besides the last one.

pisxel

Agreeing with DYA. The blue/orange highlight line is fine, if you see it that probably means you're already viewing the room. However, seeing the orange PS tab icon change due to notifications can be distracting if you're working, along with notifications from other rooms if you're trying to only pay attention to a specific room without leaving others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)