Abomasnow [QC 3/3] [GP 2/2]

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
As per the new procedures, you must change your skeleton to prose form before the final qc check. Please place your skelly under hide tags for reference

As per the new procedures, you must change your skeleton to prose form before the final qc check. Please place your skelly under hide tags for reference
So it is on the third. I thought it required a 4th. Alright, I'll write this up.

EDIT: Alright, it's written.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, a few problems I'd like you to fix before I give you the 3rd check:

1) Your analysis needs more substance. This is especially true for the first set, where there is very little information given. Basically:

<p>Because of its typing, Fire- and Fighting-types are huge bane to Abomasnow, making partners like Heatran, Jellicent, Gengar, or Reuniclus serious options to consider. Abomasnow's crippling weakness to Stealth Rock is also something that needs to be considered, making Starmie and Tentacruel solid partners to Abomasnow, as their access to Rapid Spin and STAB combinations, which resist the two above mentioned types that threaten Abomasnow, are a boon to Abomasnow.</p>
Can you please expand on these teammates? What do they do (apart from switching into these weaknesses)? For example, what else can Heatran do? What else can Jellicent do? One really crucial thing I think you seemed to have missed is that when you talk about Abomasnow, you do not JUST talk about Abomasnow, but you also have to talk about Hail teams. What qualities do these Pokemon (that you mentioned) that you mentioned have that are good for Hail teams? If you think about it from that way, I'm pretty sure you can come up with a lot more detail for this analysis. This applies to the second set as well.

2) There are number of problematic Pokemon that haven't seemed to addressed enough. Scizor, Terrakion, Jirachi are all problems for Abomasnow and hail. I know you're running enough Speed to outspeed most Scizors, but fast Scizors do exist, and getting free U-turns off Abomasnow is not fun for you. If you mention these, I'm pretty sure you can expand on your AC sections as well. Abomasnow requires a lot more detail than you'd expect.

3) One small thing, but:
The same goes for Choice Scarf Abomasnow, which used to be rather effective at one point in time.
Why was it effective? Please add a small mention of why it was effective. My post earlier highlighted its (relatively small) niche (outspeeding and OHKOing all Chlorophyll sweepers apart from Lilligant, as well as revenging Sand Rush mons).

Fix these and I'll approve.

Alright, I expanded on the Additional Comments for the two sets, further elaborating on teammates and checks. Lemme know if I should go deeper on specific things or if I'm missing anything. Besides that, this should be ready.

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Amateur check; this is nicely written, just some small mistakes.

Additions are Blue
Removes are Red
Comments Purple.

Pokemazter said:
[Overview]

<p>Abomasnow is simply the cornerstone of hail teams, as it's the only fully-evolved and viable Pokemon with access to Snow Warning, an ability that causes permanent hail, making Blizzard's accuracy 100%. Abomasnow may seem like a gimmick at first due to its poor defensive typing and deplorable stat, but it has potential to single-handedly beat all other Wpposing weather starters; Politoed, Ninetales, Tyranitar, and even Hippowdon.</p>

<p>The transition to Black and White 2 did very little to better Abomasnow, besides throwing it a few tutor moves and a new teammate in Kyurem-B. In fact, OU became more dangerous for Abomasnow, as old threats, specifically Breloom, became more equipped to punish the snowy tree. However, Abomasnow's is still a viable choice for a weather starter in OU, as its unique typing still offers 4four key resistances, (AC) and its solid offensive movepool lets it check and hit a wide variety of threats, such as Garchomp, Heatran, and Rotom-W.</p>

[SET]
name: Mixed
move 1: Wood Hammer
move 2: Ice Shard
move 3: Hidden Power Fire
move 4: Protect / Earthquake
item: Expert Belt
ability: Snow Warning
nature: Lonely
evs: 252 Atk / 172 SpA / 84 Spe

[Set CommentsET COMMENTS]

<p>The flagship set from BW1 (If it's just the first version, you don't need a 1 with it; BW is fine.) returns in a much more volatile metagame to wreck havoc on common weather teams via its unparalleled coverage. With the given EV spread, Abomasnow's Attack is maximized, and a significant investment is put into its Special Attack in order to OHKO Scizor with Hidden Power Fire. The EVs also allow Abomasnow to outspeed minimum Speed Politoed and Skarmory. Wood Hammer is Abomasnow's go-to STAB attack, flattening the many Ground-, Rock-, and Water-type opponents found throughout the tier, such as Hippowdon, Terrakion, and Rotom-W. Ice Shard gives Abomasnow the opportunity to pick off weakened threats, bypassing its middling Speed. Ice Shard also serves as an excellent hit against the abundance of Dragon-type Pokemon found in the tier, especially Dragonite, Salamence, and Garchomp, due thanks to their crippling 4x weakness to Ice-type attacks. Hidden Power Fire allows Abomasnow to melt Steel-type foes, mainly Ferrothorn and Scizor, who'd otherwise wall Abomasnow's STAB combination to the frozen corners of the universe and back. The last movoe slot is mostly preference based, as Protect allows Abomasnow to scout its opponent, potentially locking a choice Pokemon into a move, while racking up some extra hail damage, which could be the difference of an OHKO or 2HKO. However, Earthquake may be used to nab and severely hurt Fire-type Pokemon, like Heatran and Ninetales on the switch, two Pokemon that eat the above move combination up alive, causing a huge shift in momentum and potentially winning the weather war.</p>

[Additional CommentsDDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>If you do opt for Earthquake over Protect, an alternate EV spread of 240 Atk / 120 SpA / 148 Spe is recommended, as it allows Abomasnow to outspeed Sspecially Ddefensive Heatran and crush it with Earthquake. (Set names aren't capitalized in the comment section; only in the actual set name.) Blizzard may be run over Hidden Power Fire if your team is more than capable of dealing with Steel-type threats, as it gives Abomasnow a key move that allows it to break through physical walls, such as Skarmory and Gliscor, and nuke incoming Grass-, Dragon-, and Ground-types.</p>

<p>Because of its typing, Fire- and Fighting-types are huge bane to Abomasnow, making partners like Heatran, Jellicent, Gengar, or Reuniclus serious options to consider. Jellicent and Heatran also have the advantage of checking faster variants of Scizor, which would typically outsped and KO Abomasnow with Bug Bite or U-turn. Heatran also has access to Stealth Rock, providing Abomasnow with a source of Eentry Hhazard damage, making it harder to switch- in on and check. (No hyphen for switch in unless it's referring to a Pokemon that can switch into another.) Jellicent also has extra utility, carrying Will-O-Wisp, burning opposing Scizor, Terrakion, Jirachi, and other common checks to Abomasnow, giving it more options to switch- in on the opposition and begin a sweep. These four Pokemon, while not at the same time, also work well on hail teams, checking the many threats the playstyle brings, specifically opposing Heatran, Jirachi, Terrakion, and Scizor. Abomasnow's crippling weakness to Stealth Rock is also something that needs to be considered, making Starmie and Tentacruel solid partners to Abomasnow, as their access to Rapid Spin and STAB combinations, which resist the two above mentioned Fire- and Fighting-type moves that threaten Abomasnow, are a boon to Abomasnowit. Pokemon that can take advantage of the hail brought about by Abomasnow's Snow Warning, such as Kyurem, Kyurem-B, and other Pokemon with access to Blizzard, make excellent partners, as the ability to fire off 100% accurate Blizzards gives those Pokemon the ability to break opposing teams.</p>

[SET]
name: Physical Attacker
move 1: Ice Shard
move 2: Wood Hammer / Earthquake
move 3: Protect
move 4: Leech Seed
item: Leftovers
nature: Adamant
evs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe

[Set CommentsET COMMENTS]

<p>Abomasnow makes for a very adept physical attacker, thanks to its powerful Grass-type STAB in Wood Hammer, priority in Ice Shard, and surprise factor, as it's typically expected to be using Blizzard and other Sspecial Aattacks. Ice Shard is arguably the most useful move on this set, as it crusheds many opponents in OU, being capable of 2HKOing and even OHKing a solid number of threats. Here's some calculations to exemplify its usefulness:<p>

<ul class="damage_calculation">
<li>Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragonite (Multiscale in-tact): 37.15% - 44.58%</li>
<li>Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragonite (Multiscale broken): 74.3% - 89.16%</li>
<li>Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-I: 78.99% - 94.04%</li>
<li>Ice Shard vs. 200 HP / 244 Def Landorus-T (With Intimidate): 35.77% - 43.36%</li>
<li>Ice Shard vs. 200 HP / 244 Def Landorus-T (Without Intimidate): 53.11 - 62.87%</li>
<li>Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 67.22% - 80.67%</li>
<li>Ice Shard vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 45.69% - 54.3%</li>
<li>Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 83.38% - 99.09%</li>
<li>Ice Shard vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Gliscor: 41.8% - 50.84%</li>
</ul>

<p>It's alternate STAB move, Wood Hammer, is equally as punishing, as its sheer power leaves very few Pokemon that can safely switch into it if they don't resist it. It's very handy at dealing extensive damage to the multitude of Water-, Ground-, and Rock-types, such as Jellicent, Gastrodon, and Tyranitar, found throughout the tier, giving teammates more opportunities to sweep. Earthquake may be used over Wood Hammer, (AC) however, as it allows Abomasnow to crush Heatran and Ninetales switch-ins, as well as bust open grounded Electric-types, such as Jolteon and the rare Raikou. Leech Seed provides Abomasnow with a somewhat reliable form of recovery, recovering 12.5% HP on top of what Leftovers recovers. Due to its annoyance, it can also function as a phazing move, as it discourages many opposing Pokemon from staying in forom too long, potentially ruining a set-up or sweep. Protect further increases Leech Seed's recovery effect, reaching 37.5% of recover after two turns (with Leftovers of course), while forcing the opponent into more residual damage via hail and Leech Seed. Protect also allows Abomasnow to scout the opposition, locking choice opponents into a move, causing a shift in momentum.</p>

[Additional CommentsDDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The listed EV spread maximizes Abomasnow's Attack and bulk, while giving it enough Speed to outrun minimum- Speed Politoed. However, if you prefer an Abomasnow with more bulk, a spread of 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD can be utilize in order to switch- in against Water- and Electric-type attacks. A Life Orb may be used over Leftovers if more power is desired, and it can make the difference between an 2HKO and OHKO. Unfortunately, the lack of Leftovers recovery and recoil damage provide to be unfavourable for Abomasnow. (Use the English version of those words; no 'u'.) If Wood Hammer's recoil is also unfavourablelackluster to you, you may opt to use Seed Bomb. However, the 25% drop in power will cause Abomasnow to lose out on many OHKOs and 2HKOs.</p>

<p>Because this variant lacks Hidden Power Fire, a tteammates such as Magnezone or Heatran are recommended, as they are capable of removing Steel-types, specifically Scizor, Skarmory, or Ferrothorn, such as Magnezone or Heatran, is highly recommended. Heatran also has the added bonus of packing Stealth Rock, damaging the opposition as they switch in to check Abomasnow. Carrying Magnezone or Heatran also makes dealing with faster Scizor easier, as Choice Scarf and 252 Speed Scizor variants do exist and can outpace and KO Abomasnow with U-turn or Bug Bite. Despite Earthquake doing a large amount of damage to Fire-type threats, Abomasnow is much too slow to sneak in a second Earthquake, so will need a teammate to bypass them. Tentacruel and the aforementioned Heatran are beyond capable of doing so, and synergize well with Abomasnow. Tentacruel also carries the added bonus of access toing Rapid Spin and Toxic Spikes, two moves that keep Stealth Rock off the field, keeping Abomasnow safe and healthy, and add up to the total residual damage alongside Leech Seed and hail, giving Abomasnow the opportunity to bypass bulkier walls, respectively. Abomasnow may also want to be paired with a cleric, as this set is more likely to be crippled by a stray Scald burn. Pokemon that function well on hail teams, such as Reuniclus, Jellicent, and Kyurem also make for solid partners, as they all benefit from Leech Seed's recovery and residual damage, while being able to ploughw (I thought you meant 'plow', though I wasn't sure.) through common Abomasnow checks, specifically Scizor and Terrakion.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Moves such as Ice Punch and Giga Drain can be used on the Mmixed and Pphysical sets over their corresponding STAB alternates to attain a more powerful attack (in Ice Punch's case over Ice Shard) or for extra recovery (Giga Drain), respectively. However, they are not recommended, as Blizzard and Wood Hammer are much more powerful than Ice Punch and Giga Drain, despite the lesser investment (in Blizzard's situation). Focus Blast may also seem like a logical choice on the Mmixed set, however, its beyond-shaky accuracy makes it an unfavourable choice, as well as Earthquake and Hidden Power Fire already attaining the same coverage Focus Blast does. Abomasnow does have access to Swords Dance, but due to its abysmal Speed stat, it cannot fully take advantage of a +2 Attack stat. Equipping Abomasnow with Choice Specs or Choice Band may seem like a wise idea, turning papa tree into a fearsome wallbreaker, but this is not the case. Abomasnow would then be forced to hop in and out of a match, which is not recommended for a Pokemon with a Stealth Rock weakness. The same goes for Choice Scarf Abomasnow, which used to be rather effective at one point in time, outspeeding andor revenge killing opposing non-scarfed Dragon-types, Stoutland and other Sand Rush Pokemon, and all Chlorophyll sweepers, bar Lilligant. However, being outsped by positively-natured base 115s and other Choice Scarf Pokemon doesn't do Scarf Abomasnow any favours.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>The downside of Abomasnow's typing is bar-none its crippling weakness to Stealth Rock, which arguably functions as the most reliable check to Abomasnow, as it can deter Abomasnow and keep it out of athe match. Because Stealth Rock isn't enough to get the job done on its own, Fire-, Steel-, and Fighting-type threats, such as Volcarona, Metagross, and Terrakion, make for reliable checks to Abomasnow, as their powerful, super effective STAB moves will quickly wipe Abomasnow off the face of a match. Opposing weather starters in Ninetales and Tyranitar also make for solid checks to Abomasnow despite having to watch out for specific moves, as their STAB will effectively run through Abomasnow. Jirachi, Scizor, and Terrakion, albeit already mentioned, function as the best checks to Abomasnow and hail teams, being able to heavily damage the opposition while resisting key attacking types, such as opposing Ice-types. Bulky Steel-types, such as Jirachi, Skarmory, and Heatran, as well as the pink blobs, Chansey and Blissey, can prove to be too much for Abomasnow's paper-thin offenses, and can wall Abomasnow effectively before the residual damage of hail and or Leech Seed can break through them.</p>

tehy

Banned deucer.
just thought i'd pop in and comment on some stuff.

Comments:
It's true that Abomasnow is the only viable OU hail setter, but since its only competition is its prevo, and 'fully evolved' covers that, is there really a reason to mention it?
As I recall, Blizzard always hits in hail, not just 100%. Unless I'm wrong, and I doubt I am, that needs to be mentioned instead.
I don't think tier shifts can 'better' something. I understand the way you're trying to use it (Trying to better oneself, etc.) rather well and that's not good regardless.
Shouldn't the order in the second paragraph be Rotom-W, Garchomp, and Heatran? You check the first (Check and hit), hit the second always (Ice shard and Blizzard), and sometimes hit the second (Second slash on Earthquake.)
It also causes havoc on unprepared weather teams, especially rain teams, by taking away their weather. Maybe, like, 'by taking away their weather and (Pounding, pummeling, something) them via its unparalleled coverage'.
Ice shard's two sentences can be one.
Doesn't HP fire also melt Forry and Skarm? Maybe just say 'steels weak to it'? Or maybe not, those two are the most prominent.
Tenta also resists Bug for Abomasnow. (And... poison, but who's counting!) And they both resist steel in addition to fighting and fire.
Isn't it interesting that you say surprise factor because Aboma's supposed to use Blizzard, when Blizzard is not slashed on any main set? I know it's true now but still.
Exemplify? That may or may not be acceptable, I would personally change it.
Likewise, extensive fits badly there.
Since Leech Seed's recovery (But not damage) is variable, you can't really comment about how much you will heal after two turns, especially with such a degree of certainty. Maybe say "at least 25%', since that's a pretty good amount and will generally happen.
Maybe name a 2hko/ohko seed bomb misses out on? When I see that phrase I expect at least one significant calc. That's just me of course so feel free not to.
Magnezone also has the added bonus of not being switched out of unless Shed Shell or U-turn on the switch-in (Granted, likely against an Abomasnow.)
Maybe point out that Stealth Rock, plus Leech Seed forcing switches, racks up a lot of residual damage, in place of 'damaging foes as they come in to check Abomasnow', because that sentence is silly and it's a good point. (I think it's a good point, if i'm totally off then ignore it)
Beyond capable? Heatran fucks up other Heatran if it catches it with earth power, and can mess up Tenta pretty bad too. Darminitan and Victini both have means of dealing with Heatran and Tenta. Ninetales not so much, though. And Volca can deal with either, HP grounding both and QD'ing on tenta sans Toxic (or even with Toxic.)
As a personal note, this is totally how T-spikes+Leech Seed and Hail sentence should be written. Not that it really matters, at this point.
Maybe split up Tspikes and Rapid Spin sentence of Tentacruel's with their effects? It works, still, but it's a run-on-y sentence and the respectively at the end modifies it, but because it's so long the meaning was already partially cemented in my mind.
You sure that's the right Plough/Plow?
Papa tree? I hope you know what you're doing with that. It could be fine IDK.
It matters not if you have already mentioned checks/counters, since this is CnC. Just saying.

Don't we use American English? So it's Favors, right?

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
pasting this for crux because of stuff

[Overview]

<p>Abomasnow is simply the cornerstone of hail teams, as it's the only fully-evolved (remove hyphen) and viable (redundant) Pokemon with access to Snow Warning, an ability that causes permanent hail, making Blizzard's accuracy 100%.
Abomasnow may seem like a gimmick at first due to its poor defensive typing and deplorable poor stats, but it has the potential to single-handedly beat all opposing weather starters: Politoed, Ninetales, Tyranitar, and even Hippowdon.</p>

<p>The transition to BW2 did very little to better Abomasnow, besides throwing it a few tutor moves and a new teammate in Kyurem-B. Since the advent of BW2 In fact, OU has became become more dangerous for Abomasnow,. as Oold threats, specifically Breloom, became have become more equipped to punish the snowy tree. However, Abomasnow's is still a viable choice for a as a weather starter in OU, as its unique typing still offers four key resistances, and its solid offensive movepool lets it check and hit a wide variety of threats, such as Garchomp, Heatran, and Rotom-W.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>The Abomasnow’s flagship set from BW returns in a much more volatile metagame continues to wreck wreak havoc on common weather teams via due to its unparalleled coverage. With the given EV spread, Abomasnow's Attack is maximized, and a with significant investment is put into its in Special Attack in order to OHKO Scizor with Hidden Power Fire. The EVs also allow Abomasnow to outspeed minimum Speed Politoed and Skarmory. Wood Hammer is Abomasnow's go-to STAB attack, flattening the many Ground-, Rock-, and Water-type opponents found throughout the tier in OU, such as Hippowdon, Terrakion, and Rotom-W. Ice Shard gives allows Abomasnow the opportunity to pick off weakened threats, bypassing its middling Speed. Ice Shard also serves as an excellent hit against the abundance of hits Dragon-type Pokemon found in the tier hard, especially Dragonite, Salamence, and Garchomp, due to their crippling 4x weakness to Ice-type attacks. Hidden Power Fire allows Abomasnow to melt Steel-type foes, mainly Ferrothorn and Scizor, who'd who could otherwise wall Abomasnow's STAB combination to the frozen corners of the universe and back. The last mvoe move slot is mostly preference based, as Protect allows Abomasnow to scout its opponent, potentially locking a choice Pokemon into a move, while racking up some extra hail damage, which could be the difference of an be the difference between an OHKO or and a 2HKO. However, Earthquake may be used to nab and severely hurt heavily damage Fire-type Pokemon, like Heatran and Ninetales on the switch, two Pokemon that eat the above move combination up alive, causing a huge shift in momentum and potentially winning the weather war that typically cause hail teams problems.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>If you do opt for Earthquake over Protect, an alternate EV spread of 240 Atk / 120 SpA / 148 Spe is recommended, as it allows Abomasnow to outspeed specially defensive Heatran and crush decimates it with Earthquake. Blizzard may be run over Hidden Power Fire if your team is more than capable of dealing with Steel-types threats, as it gives Abomasnow a key move that allows it to break through physical walls, such as Skarmory and Gliscor, and nuke hit incoming Grass-, Dragon-, and Ground-types harder.</p>

<p>Because of its typing, Fire- and Fighting-types are huge bane to Abomasnow, making partners like Heatran, Jellicent, Gengar, or Reuniclus serious options to consider excellent teammates. Jellicent and Heatran also have the advantage of checking faster variants of Scizor, which would typically outspeed and KO Abomasnow with Bug Bite or U-turn. Heatran also has access to Stealth Rock, providing Abomasnow with a source of entry hazard damage, making it harder to switch in on and check making it harder for switch-ins to check Abomasnow. Jellicent also has extra utility, can burn carrying Will-O-Wisp, burning opposing Scizor, Terrakion, Jirachi, and other common checks with Will-O-Wisp to Abomasnow, giving it Abomasnow more options opportunities to switch-in on the opposition and begin a sweep. These four Pokemon, while not at the same time, also work well on hail teams, checking the many of the playstyle’s threats the playstyle brings, specifically opposing Heatran, Jirachi, Terrakion, and Scizor, some of the playstyle’s largest threats. Abomasnow's crippling weakness to Stealth Rock is also something that needs to be considered, makinges Starmie and Tentacruel solid partners to Abomasnow,. as their Aaccess to Rapid Spin and STAB combinations which resist the two types that threaten Abomasnow, are a boon to it make them excellent partners. Pokemon that can take advantage of the hail brought about by Abomasnow's Snow Warning, such as Kyurem, Kyurem-B, and other Pokemon with access to Blizzard, make excellent partners, as the ability to fire off 100% accurate Blizzards gives those Pokemon the ability to break opposing teams makes them extremely threatening.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Abomasnow makes for a very adept physical attacker, thanks to its powerful Grass-type STAB in Wood Hammer, priority in Ice Shard, and surprise factor, as it's typically expected to be using Blizzard and other special attacks. Ice Shard is arguably the most useful move on this set, as it crushes hits many opponents in OU hard, being capable of 2HKOing and even OHKing a solid a large number of threats. Here's Here are some calculations to exemplify its usefulness:<p>

<li>Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragonite (Multiscale in-tact): 37.15% - 44.58%</li>
<li>Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragonite (Multiscale broken): 74.3% - 89.16%</li>
<li>Ice Shard vs. 200 HP / 244 Def Landorus-T (With Intimidate): 35.77% - 43.36%</li>
<li>Ice Shard vs. 200 HP / 244 Def Landorus-T (Without Intimidate): 53.11 - 62.87%</li>
</ul>

<p>ItAbomasnow's alternate STAB move, Wood Hammer, is equally as punishing, as its sheer power leaves very few Pokemon that can safely switch into it if they don't resist it makes it difficult to switch into. It's very handy at dealing extensive damage to the multitude of hits Water-, Ground-, and Rock-types, such as Jellicent, Gastrodon, and Tyranitar, found throughout the tier, hard, giving teammates more opportunities to sweep. Earthquake may be used over Wood Hammer however, as it allows Abomasnow to crush hit Heatran and Ninetales switch-ins, as well as bust open grounded Electric-types, such as Jolteon and the rare Raikou. Leech Seed provides Abomasnow with a somewhat reliable form of recovery, recovering 12.5% HP on top of what Leftovers recovers. Due to its annoyance, It can also function as a phazing move, as it discourages many opposing Pokemon from staying in for too long, potentially ruining set up or sweep. Protect further increases Leech Seed's recovery effect, reaching 37.5% of recovery after two turns (with Leftovers of course), while forcing the opponent into more residual damage via hail and Leech Seed. Protect also allows Abomasnow to scout the opposition, locking choice opponents into a move, causing a shift in momentum.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The listed EV spread maximizes Abomasnow's Attack and bulk, while giving it enough Speed to outrun minimum-Speed Politoed. However, if you prefer an Abomasnow with more bulk, a spread of 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD can be utilized in order to switch- in against Water- and Electric-type attacks. A Life Orb may be used over Leftovers if more power is desired, and it can make the difference between an 2HKO and an OHKO. Unfortunately, the lack of Leftovers recovery and additional recoil damage provide to be are unfavorable for Abomasnow. If Wood Hammer's recoil is also lackluster to you, you may opt to use Seed Bomb. Seed Bomb may be However, the 25% drop in power will cause Abomasnow to lose out on many OHKOs and 2HKOs.</p>

<p>Because this variant lacks Hidden Power Fire, teammates such as Magnezone or Heatran are recommended, as they are capable of removing Steel-types, specifically such as Scizor, Skarmory, or Ferrothorn. Heatran also has the added bonus of packing Stealth Rock, damaging the opposition as they switch in to check Abomasnow (already said this). Carrying Magnezone or Heatran also makes dealing with faster Scizor variants easier, as Choice Scarf and 252 Speed Scizor variants do exist and can outpace and KO Abomasnow with U-turn or Bug Bite. Despite Earthquake doing a large amount of damage to Fire-type threats, Abomasnow is much too slow to sneak in a second Earthquake, so will need a teammate to bypass them. Tentacruel and the aforementioned Heatran are beyond capable of doing so are able to deal with Fire-type threats, and synergize well with Abomasnow. Tentacruel also carries the added bonus of accessing has access to Rapid Spin and Toxic Spikes, adding to residual damage and removing Stealth Rock to allow Abomasnow to switch in. two moves that keep Stealth Rock off the field, keeping Abomasnow safe and healthy, and add up to the total residual damage alongside Leech Seed and hail giving Abomasnow the opportunity to bypass bulkier walls, respectively. Abomasnow may also want to be paired with a cleric, as this set is more likely to be crippled by a stray Scald burn. Pokemon that function well on hail teams, such as Reuniclus, Jellicent, and Kyurem also make for solid partners, as they all benefit from Leech Seed's recovery and residual damage, while being able to plough through countering common Abomasnow checks, specifically Scizor and Terrakion.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Moves such as Ice Punch and Giga Drain can be used on the mixed and physical sets over their corresponding STAB alternates alternatives to attain a more powerful attack or for extra recovery, respectively. However, they are not recommended, as Blizzard and Wood Hammer are much more powerful than Ice Punch and Giga Drain, despite the lesser investment (in Blizzard's situation) (If this is the case, why mention Ice Punch at all?). Focus Blast may also seem like a logical choice on the mixed set, however, its beyond-shaky accuracy makes it an unfavourable choice,. Additionally, as well as Earthquake and Hidden Power Fire already attaining the same have similar coverage to Focus Blast does, making it redundant. Abomasnow does have access to Swords Dance, but due to its abysmal Speed stat, it cannot fully take advantage of a +2 Attack stat. Equipping Abomasnow with Choice Specs or Choice Band may seem like a wise idea, turning papa tree into a fearsome wallbreaker, but this could cause excess switching, this is not the case. Abomasnow would then be forced to hop in and out of a match, which is not recommended for a Pokemon with a Stealth Rock weakness. The same goes is true for Choice Scarf Abomasnow, which used to be rather effective at one point in time, outspeeding or revenge killing opposing non-scarfed Dragon-types, Stoutland and other Sand Rush Pokemon, and all Chlorophyll sweepers, bar Lilligant. However, being which is outsped by positively-natured base 115s and other Choice Scarf Pokemon doesn't do Scarf Abomasnow any favours.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>The downside of Abomasnow's typing is its crippling weakness to Stealth Rock, which arguably functions as the most reliable check to Abomasnow, as it can deter Abomasnow and keep it out of the match. Because Stealth Rock isn't enough to get the job done on its own, Fire-, Steel-, and Fighting-types threats, such as Volcarona, Metagross, and Terrakion, make for reliable checks to Abomasnow, as their powerful, super effective STAB moves will quickly wipe Abomasnow off the face of a match. due to their super effective STAB moves. Opposing weather starters in such as Ninetales and Tyranitar also make for solid checks to Abomasnow, despite having to watch out for specific moves Earthquake, as their STAB will effectively run through Abomasnow. Jirachi, Scizor, and Terrakion, albeit already mentioned, function as the best checks to Abomasnow and hail teams, being able to heavily damage the opposition while resisting key attacking types, such as opposing Ice-types. Bulky Steel-types, such as Jirachi, Skarmory, and Heatran, as well as the pink blobs, Chansey and Blissey, can prove to be too much for Abomasnow's paper-thin offenses, and can wall Abomasnow effectively before the residual damage of hail and or Leech Seed can break through them.</p>

[gp]1/2[/gp]

Just posting to say that I haven't forgot about this - life just got in the way a bit. I'm leaving for a short trip tomorrow morning, so I won't be able to finish this until Monday. However, once I am home, I'll implement the GP check(s), and get this finished as soon as possible.

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
Amcheck:
ADD
REMOVE
COMMENTS

[Overview]

<p>Abomasnow is the cornerstone of hail teams, as it's the only fully evolved Pokemon with access to Snow Warning, an ability that causes permanent hail, making turning Blizzard's accuracy 100% into a 100% accurate move. Abomasnow may seem like a gimmick at first due to its poor defensive typing and poor stats, but it has the potential to single-handedly beat all opposing weather starters; Politoed, Ninetales, Tyranitar, and even Hippowdon. I'd recommend removing the names of the weather starters and leaving it off at "single-handedly beat all opposing weather starters."</p>

<p>Since the advent of BW, OU has become more dangerous for Abomasnow. Old threats, specifically Breloom, have become more better equipped to punish the snowy tree. However, Abomasnow is still viable as a weather starter in OU, as its unique typing still offers four key resistances, and its solid offensive movepool lets it check and hit a wide variety of threats, such as Garchomp, Heatran, and Rotom-W. Therefore, Abomasnow is still viable as a weather starter in OU.</p>

[SET]
name: Mixed Attacker

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Abomasnow's flagship set from BW continues to wreak havoc on common weather teams due to its unparalleled coverage. With the given EV spread, Abomasnow's Attack is maximized, with significant investment in Special Attack in order to OHKO Scizor with Hidden Power Fire. The EVs also allow Abomasnow to outspeed minimum Speed Politoed and Skarmory. Wood Hammer is Abomasnow's go-to STAB attack, flattening the many Ground-, Rock-, and Water-type opponents found in OU, such as Hippowdon, Terrakion, and Rotom-W. Ice Shard allows Abomasnow to pick off weakened threats, bypassing its middling Speed. Ice Shard also hits Dragon-type Pokemon hard, especially Dragonite, Salamence, and Garchomp, due to their 4x weakness to Ice-type attacks. Hidden Power Fire allows Abomasnow to melt Steel-type foes, mainly Ferrothorn and Scizor, who could otherwise wall Abomasnow's STAB combination. The last move slot is mostly preference based, as Protect allows Abomasnow to scout its opponent, potentially locking a choice Pokemon into a move, while racking up some extra hail damage, which could be the difference between an OHKO and a 2HKO. However, Earthquake may be used to heavily damage Fire-type Pokemon, like Heatran and Ninetales on the switch, two Pokemon that typically cause hail teams problems.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>If you do opt for Earthquake over Protect, an alternate EV spread of 240 Atk / 120 SpA / 148 Spe is recommended, as it allows Abomasnow to outspeed specially defensive Heatran and decimate it with Earthquake. Blizzard may be run over Hidden Power Fire if your team is capable of dealing with Steel-types, as it gives Abomasnow a key move that allows it to break through physical walls, such as Skarmory and Gliscor, and hit incoming Grass-, Dragon-, and Ground-types.</p>

<p>Because of its typing, Fire- and Fighting-types are a huge bane to Abomasnow, making partners like Heatran, Jellicent, Gengar, or Reuniclus excellent teammates. Jellicent and Heatran also have the advantage of checking faster variants of Scizor, which would typically outspeed and KO Abomasnow with Bug Bite or U-turn. Heatran also has access to Stealth Rock, making it harder for switch-ins to check Abomasnow. Jellicent can burn opposing Scizor, Terrakion, Jirachi, and other common checks with Will-O-Wisp, giving Abomasnow more opportunities to switch in. These four Pokemon, (Remove Comma) also work well on hail teams, checking opposing Heatran, Jirachi, Terrakion, and Scizor, some of the playstyle's hail's largest threats. Abomasnow's crippling weakness to Stealth Rock makes Starmie and Tentacruel solid partners to Abomasnow. Thanks to their Aaccess to Rapid Spin and STAB combinations, which resist the two types that threaten Abomasnow, make them excellent partners. Pokemon that can take advantage of the hail brought about by Abomasnow's Snow Warning, such as Kyurem and Kyurem-B, make excellent partners, as the ability to fire off 100% accurate Blizzards makes them extremely threatening.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Abomasnow makes for a very adept physical attacker, thanks to its powerful STAB Wood Hammer, priority Ice Shard, and surprise factor, as it's typically expected to be using Blizzard and other special attacks. Ice Shard is arguably the most useful move on this set, as it hits many opponents in OU hard, 2HKOing and even OHKing a large number of threats. Here are some calculations to exemplify its usefulness:<p>

</ul>

<p>Abomasnow's alternate STAB move, Wood Hammer, is equally as punishing, as its sheer power makes it difficult to switch into. It hits Water-, Ground-, and Rock-types, such as Jellicent, Gastrodon, and Tyranitar hard, giving teammates more opportunities to sweep. Earthquake may be used over Wood Hammer, as it allows Abomasnow to hit Heatran and Ninetales switch-ins, as well as Electric-types, such as Jolteon and Raikou. Leech Seed provides Abomasnow with a somewhat reliable form of recovery, recovering 12.5% HP on top of what Leftovers recovers. It can also function as a phazing move, as it discourages many opposing Pokemon from staying in for too long. Protect further increases Leech Seed's recovery effect, reaching 37.5% of recover after two turns (with Leftovers of course), while forcing the opponent into more residual damage via hail and Leech Seed. Protect also allows Abomasnow to scout the opposition, locking choice opponents into a move.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The listed EV spread maximizes Abomasnow's Attack and bulk, while giving it enough Speed to outrun minimum-Speed Politoed. However, if you prefer an Abomasnow with more bulk, an alternate spread of 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD can be utilized in order to switch in against Water- and Electric-type attacks. A Life Orb may be used over Leftovers if more power is desired, and it can make the difference between a 2HKO and an OHKO. Unfortunately, the lack of Leftovers recovery and additional recoil damage are unfavorable for Abomasnow; as it takes away longevity, something a weather starter desires more than anything else.</p>

<p>Because Since this variant lacks Hidden Power Fire, teammates such as Magnezone or Heatran are recommended, as they are capable of removing Steel-types, specifically Scizor, Skarmory, or Ferrothorn. Carrying Magnezone or Heatran also makes dealing with faster Scizor variants easier, as Choice Scarf and 252 Speed Scizor variants outpace and KO Abomasnow with U-turn or Bug Bite. Tentacruel and Heatran are able to deal with Fire-type threats, and synergize well with Abomasnow. Tentacruel has access to Rapid Spin and Toxic Spikes, adding to residual damage and removing Stealth Rock to allow Abomasnow to switch in. Pokemon that function well on hail teams, such as Reuniclus, Jellicent, and Kyurem also make for solid partners, as they all benefit from Leech Seed's recovery and residual damage, while countering common Abomasnow checks, specifically Scizor and Terrakion.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Giga Drain can be used on the mixed and physical sets over their Wood Hammer for extra recovery. However, it is not recommended, (Remove Comma) because Wood Hammer is much more powerful than Giga Drain. Focus Blast may also seem like a logical choice on the mixed set, however, its shaky accuracy makes it an unfavourable questionable choice. Additionally, Earthquake and Hidden Power Fire have similar coverage to Focus Blast, making it redundant. Abomasnow does have access to Swords Dance, but due to its abysmal Speed stat, it cannot fully take advantage of a +2 Attack stat. Equipping Abomasnow with Choice Specs or Choice Band may seem like a wise idea, but this would cause excessive switching, which is not recommended for a Pokemon with a Stealth Rock weakness. The same is true for Choice Scarf Abomasnow, which is outsped by positively-natured base 115s and other Choice Scarf Pokemon doesn't don't do Scarf Abomasnow any favours. Remember, Smogon only uses the American English spelling of words.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>The downside of Abomasnow's typing is its crippling weakness to Stealth Rock, which arguably functions as the most reliable check to Abomasnow. Fire-, Steel-, and Fighting-types, such as Volcarona, Metagross, and Terrakion, make for reliable checks to Abomasnow due to their super effective STAB moves. Opposing weather starters, such as Ninetales and Tyranitar, also make for solid checks to Abomasnow despite having to watch out for Earthquake and Wood Hammer, (Add Comma) respectively. Jirachi, Scizor, and Terrakion, function as the best checks to Abomasnow and hail teams, being able to heavily damage the opposition while resisting key attacking types, such as opposing Ice-types. Bulky Steel-types, such as Jirachi, Skarmory, and Heatran, as well as Chansey and Blissey, can effectively wall Abomasnow effectively.</p>

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
ignore all of the inserted semicolons from the above user's check when you implement it, almost none of them are correct

the other changes look ok

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
ignore all of the inserted semicolons from the above user's check when you implement it, almost none of them are correct

the other changes look ok
Sorry, I'm still new to this. I edited my previous post, removing all semicolon mentions.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[Overview]

<p>Abomasnow is the cornerstone of hail teams, as it's the only fully -(hyphen)evolved Pokemon with access to Snow Warning, an ability that inducauses permanent hail, making Blizzard's accuracy 100%. Abomasnow mayight seem like a gimmick at first due to its poor defensive typing and poor stats, but it has the potential to single-handedly beat all opposing weather starters;, (AC) which include Politoed, Ninetales, Tyranitar, and even Hippowdon.</p> really poorly used semicolon

<p>Since the adventbeginning of BW, don't use "advent" OU has become more dangerous for Abomasnow. Old threats, specifically Breloom, have become morebetter equipped to punish ithe snowy tree. However, Abomasnow is still viable as a weather starter in OU, as its unique typing still offers four key resistances,(RC) and its solid offensive movepool lets it check and hit a wide variety of threats, such as Garchomp, Heatran, and Rotom-W.</p>

[i]just a note -- cute names are expressly banned[/i]

[
SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Abomasnow's flagship set fromin BW continues toan wreak havoc on common weather teams due to its unparalleled coverage. With the given EV spread, Abomasnow's Attack is maximized, with significant investment in Special Attack in order to OHKO Scizor with Hidden Power Fire. The EVs also allow Abomasnow to outspeed minimum Speed Politoed and Skarmory. Wood Hammer is Abomasnow's go-to STAB attack, flattening the many Ground-, Rock-, and Water-type oppPokemonents found in OU, such as Hippowdon, Terrakion, and Rotom-W. Ice Shard allows Abomasnow to pick off weakened threats, bypasstching up its middling Speed. Ice Shard also hits Dragon-type Pokemon hard, especially Dragonite, Salamence, and Garchomp,(RC) due to their 4x weakness to Ice-type attacks. Hidden Power Fire allows Abomasnow to melt Steel-type foes, mainly Ferrothorn and Scizor, whoich could otherwise wall Abomasnow's STAB combination. The last move(remove space)slot is mostly preference -(hyphen)based, as Protect allows Abomasnow to scout its opponent, potentially locking a Pokemon carrying a Choice Pokitemon into a move,(RC) while racking up some extra hail damage, which couldan be the difference between an OHKO and a 2HKO. However, Earthquake maycan be used to heavily damage Fire-type Pokemon, like Heatran and Ninetales on the switch, two Pokemon that typically cause hail teams problems.</p>

[i]ev stuff belongs in ac[/i]

[
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>With the given EV spread, Abomasnow's Attack is maximized; significant investment is run in Special Attack in order to OHKO Scizor with Hidden Power Fire. The EVs also allow Abomasnow to outspeed minimum Speed Politoed and Skarmory. In terms of moves, if you do opt for Earthquake over Protect, an alternate EV spread of 240 Atk / 120 SpA / 148 Spe is recommended, as it allows Abomasnow to outspeed specially defensive Heatran and decimate it with Earthquake. Blizzard maycan be run over Hidden Power Fire if your team is capable of dealing with Steel-types, as it gives Abomasnow a key move that allows it to break through physical walls, such as Skarmory and Gliscor, and hit incoming Grass-, Dragon-, and Ground-types.</p>

<p>Because of its typing, Fire- and Fighting-types are huge bane to Abomasnow, making partners like Heatran, Jellicent, Gengar, orand Reuniclus excellent teammatchoices. Jellicent and Heatran also have the advantage of checking faster variants of Scizor, which would typically outspeed and KO Abomasnow with Bug Bite or U-turn. Heatran also has access to Stealth Rock, making it harder for switch-ins to check Abomasnow. Jellicent can burn opposing Scizor, Terrakion, Jirachi, and other common physically-oriented checks to Abomasnow with Will-O-Wisp, giving Abomasnow more opportunities to switch in. These four Pokemon,(RC) also work well on hail teams as a whole, checking opposing Heatran, Jirachi, Terrakion, and Scizor, some of the playstyle's largest threats to the playstyle. Abomasnow's crippling weakness to Stealth Rock makes Starmie and Tentacruel solid partners to Abomasnowit. Access to Rapid Spin and STAB combhaving greations, whic type synergy with Abomasnow&mdash;both resist the two types that threaten Abomasnow, &mdash;make them excellent partners. Pokemon that can take advantage of the hail brought about by Abomasnow's Snow Warning, such as Kyurem and Kyurem-B, also make excellent partners, as the ability to fire off 100% accurate Blizzards makes them extremely threatening.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Abomasnow makes for a very adept physical attacker,(RC) thanks to its powerful STAB Wood Hammer, priority Ice Shard, and surprise factor, as it's typically expected to be using Blizzard and other special attacks. Ice Shard is arguably the most useful move on this set, as it hits many opponents in OU hard, 2HKOing and even OHKOing a large number of threats. Here are some calculations to exemplify its usefulness:<p>

I'll give you a copypasteable version of the correct calc format:

<li>Ice Shard vs. 200 HP / 244 Def Landorus-T (Wwith Intimidate): 35.77% - 43.36%</li>
<li>Ice Shard vs. 200 HP / 244 Def Landorus-T (Wwithout Intimidate): 53.11 - 62.87%</li>
</ul>

<p>Abomasnow's alternate STAB move, Wood Hammer, is equally as punishing, as its sheer power makes it difficult to switch into. It hits Water-, Ground-, and Rock-types, such as Jellicent, Gastrodon, and Tyranitar, (AC) hard, giving teammates more opportunities to sweep. Earthquake maycan be used over Wood Hammer, as it allows Abomasnow to hit Heatran and Ninetales switch-ins, as well as Electric-types, such as Jolteon and Raikou. Leech Seed provides Abomasnow with a somewhat reliable form of recovery, recovering 12.5% HP on top of what Leftovers recovers. It can also function as a sort of phazing move, as it discourages many opposing Pokemon from staying in for too long. Protect further increasebolsters Leech Seed's recovery effect, reachallowing 37.5% ofAbomasnow to recover 37.5% of its HP after two turns (with Leftovers of course),(RC) while forcing the opponent into take more residual damage via hail and Leech Seed. Protect also allows Abomasnow to scout the opposition, locking choice opponents that carry a Choice item into a move.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The listed EV spread maximizes Abomasnow's Attack and bulk,(RC) while giving it enough Speed to outrun minimum-(add space)Speed Politoed. However, if you prefer an Abomasnow with more bulk, a spread of 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD can be utilized in order to switch in against Water- and Electric-type attacks. A Life Orb maycan be used over Leftovers if more power is desired, ands it can make the difference between a 2HKO and an OHKO. specific examples? Unfortunately, the lack of Leftovers recovery and additional recoil damage are unfavorable for Abomasnow.</p>

<p>Because this variant lacks Hidden Power Fire, teammates such as Magnezone orand Heatran are recommended, as they are capable of removing Steel-types, specifically Scizor, Skarmory, orand Ferrothorn. Carrying Magnezone or Heatran also makes dealing with faster Scizor variants easier, as Choice Scarf and 252 Speed Scizor variants outpace and KO Abomasnow with U-turn or Bug Bite. Tentacruel and Heatran are able to deal with Fire-type threats,(RC) and synergize well with Abomasnow. Tentacruel has access to Rapid Spin and Toxic Spikes, adding to the residual damage and removing Stealth Rock to allow Abomasnow to switch in more easily. Pokemon that function well on hail teams, such as Reuniclus, Jellicent, and Kyurem, (AC) also make for solid partners, as they all benefit from Leech Seed's recovery and residual damage, while countering common Abomasnow checks, specifically Scizor and Terrakion.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Giga Drain can be used on the mixed and physical sets over their Wood Hammer for extra recovery. However, it is not recommended, as Wood Hammer is much more powerful than Giga Drain. Focus Blast may also seem like a logical choice on the mixed set, however, its shaky accuracy makes it an unfavourable choice. Additionally, Earthquake and Hidden Power Fire have similar coverage to Focus Blast, making it redundant. Abomasnow does have access to Swords Dance, but due to its abysmal Speed stat, it cannot fully take advantage of a +2 boost to its Attack stat. the change makes this end bit flow a lot better Equipping Abomasnow with Choice Specs or Choice Band mayight seem like a wise idea, but thisey would causrequire excess switching, which is not recommended for a Pokemon with a Stealth Rock weakness. The same is true for Choice Scarf Abomasnow, which is outsped by positively-natured base 115s and other Choice Scarf Pokemon doesn't do Scarf Abomasnow any favours.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>The downside of Abomasnow's typing is its crippling weakness to Stealth Rock, which arguably functions as the most reliable check to Abomasnow. Fire-, Steel-, and Fighting-types, such as Volcarona, Metagross, and Terrakion, make for reliable checks to Abomasnow due to their super effective STAB moves. Opposing weather starters, such as Ninetales and Tyranitar, also make for solid checks to Abomasnow despite having to watch out for Earthquake and Wood Hammer respectively. Jirachi, Scizor, and Terrakion,(RC) function as the best checks to Abomasnow and hail teams, being able to heavily damage the opposition while resisting key attacking types, such as the STAB of opposing Ice-types. Bulky Steel-types, such as Jirachi, Skarmory, and Heatran, as well asin addition to Chansey and Blissey, can wall Abomasnow effectively.</p>

[gp]2/2[/gp]

"may" is a vague word; other than that there were comma issues and the odd bad sentence structure

There were a lot of errors in Rohail17's check, which is why I didn't bother to work over it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)