Rejected Add an "Invisible" Feature in Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

aerobee

Pure Hackmons
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Apparently there've been banned users who've been coming into chat and posting Discord links and unacceptable messages in Pokepastes; these actions usually occur when it's night in the US, so there are only a couple of roomstaff that are often active at that time.

Adding an Invisible feature would prevent these users from definitively knowing whether there's an active roomstaff or not, similarly to the Discord feature. I'm not familiar with PS chatroom code, but I think creating a command for this would be useful.

Of course, PMs and challenges would be affected. An option to change who can access users when they're invisible (trusted/+/gstaff) would be nice, if PS developers choose to implement this feature.

I don't really get why hiding your online-ness would help (beyond creating some doubt whenever there's no one on, but really, if they're trolling/posting links they likely don't care anyways) but wouldn't a 'simple' possibility be to just let roomstaff hiderank to roomreg/roomvoice?
In general that's something that seems more useful for the purpose of "not showing up on the userlist" without being hyper-convoluted and it does skip the need for alting when you just wanna be in a room without staffing. (Particularly cause staff in multiple rooms don't necessarily want to not staff in all their rooms. If you wanna chill in, say, Battle Dome but you are actively staffing in Game Corner, alting just isn't feasible)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)