Addition of Little Cup Analyses

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd like to suggest the incorporation of Little Cup Analyses being added to Smogon. It is something I truly care about (Little Cup that is) and I will gladly take any help from the Little Cup community.

If at all possible, I would like to spear head this project, but I first want to seek permission from C&C site staff.

LCF Rules said:
Do not criticise Smogon. Here is not the place to express petty complaints about or suggestions for Smogon policy, if you want to do that, contact a moderator and administrator on the Smogon website. Smogon have also been co-operative in allowing us to link to the LCF and possibly allowing us to host analyses on their site in future so be respectful as part of our part of the bargain.
I don't think LCF going to complain, unless they're waiting for something specific.

100% for this, just the structure needs figured out really, seeing as it's not really a tier. Analyses are in the works over there constantly, it's not hard to format them for Smogon pages.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I don't see how this can even be considered when we've got OU, UU, and Uber analyses to do properly first. In addition, I think we would sooner see 2v2 analyses, as that is a far more widely played metagame.

I will, however, leave this open in the interest of hearing some more opinions.

BK, while I agree that doubles should be a higher priority, the LCF forums already have plenty of completed analyses, and LC can actually be played easily at the moment, whereas there won't be an effective way to play doubles until SB2 comes out.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Up until recently, all our OU, UU and Uber analyses were "done" as well. Yet here we are, revamping them completely.

They may be done, but are they up to the new standard?

Perhaps not, but if the other analysis aren't, then why can't they be put on the site, chances are the people who are submitting LC analyses' aren't making attempts to fix OU ones anyway, so it's not like it would hold back the process.

I'll jump in to speak for LCF quickly if I may.

BK we (LCF) have done most of the LC metagame's analysis in Smogon format with the plan that they would eventually be added onto the Smogon site (and are approved by users such as CIM, SDS, Katherine, etc). We have 55 DPPt analyses completed (with 10 or so in the works), while I think we are almost done the Item analyses and other guides.

This won't interfere with UU / OU / Uber analyses at all, imo.

This is all to the best of my knowledge, so it's not official or anything. I'll PM eric the espeon to post.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We both talked a bit and BK brought up g goodpoint that we may be spreading our resources a little thin. "Jack of all trades, master of none" was his quote. And he is entirely correct.

I think for right now I agree that getting OU, UU, and Ubers analyses finished should take precedence.

However...

Since I haven't done work in C&C in over 6 months (man those were the days), that doesn't mean we can't start on this. The compromise I propose is that some of the community members get some of the more well known sets in order (like many over at the LCF) and polish them. It doesn't mean stuff would get added instantly, but rather over time. When other larger projects finally complete, then we may think of adding Little Cup stuff.

TL;DR
I now think its best if we wait awhile yet still continue this project in the future.

EDIT: Reponse to HeYsUp

I'll jump in to speak for LCF quickly if I may.

BK we (LCF) have done most of the LC metagame's analysis in Smogon format with the plan that they would eventually be added onto the Smogon site (and are approved by users such as CIM, SDS, Katherine, etc). We have 55 DPPt analyses completed (with 10 or so in the works), while I think we are almost done the Item analyses and other guides.

This won't interfere with UU / OU / Uber analyses at all, imo.

This is all to the best of my knowledge, so it's not official or anything. I'll PM eric the espeon to post.
The thing we are somewhat worried about is quality. (Me personally) I think that analyses were well written and well overseen. I think that some of the writing could be polished however and we want to ensure the most complete analyses are added onto Smogon. This is in no way disrespect to LCF and all the hard work they have put in, but I just wanted to be honest. Work still needs to be done on them and formatting needs to also be done (which shouldn't take much time at all).

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, tbh we already have the people working on LC articles working on them, they're just off site. So it's not going to suck from other articles anymore than it currently is now, right?

EDIT: Reponse to HeYsUp

The thing we are somewhat worried about is quality. (Me personally) I think that analyses were well written and well overseen. I think that some of the writing could be polished however and we want to ensure the most complete analyses are added onto Smogon. This is in no way disrespect to LCF and all the hard work they have put in, but I just wanted to be honest. Work still needs to be done on them and formatting needs to also be done (which shouldn't take much time at all).
I meant that they would be posted, like every other tier. However, the advantage is that they are all ready to be "posted", the same way every other analysis is posted in their specific place.

Think of it this way: Think of it as analyses being posted by a join effort between many Smogon users (such as Myself, Katherine, SDS, CIM, sbc, eric the espeon, Vader and more). The analyses go through a similar process that the smogon one does, so they will likely have "less work to be done than the average analysis". Even with all of the people working on it, I obviously think that work will need to be done to them to be completely and officially up to smogon standards. We are just doing the best we can in the mean time, so that once they are posted on this site, that it will not take long at all to get them up and ready.

Well, tbh we already have the people working on LC articles working on them, they're just off site. So it's not going to suck from other articles anymore than it currently is now, right?
This is pretty much what I was trying to say as well. People have been working / are working on these guides and analysis, but just off-site. So there will be likely no impact on any of the other projects.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
The more I think about this, the more I'm turned off by it. We don't need that many more articles to read - there is more than enough to go around as it is; let's finish what we've got first before we go and worry about Little Cup.

I'm all for this at some time in the future, but at this point in time, it really isn't all that feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)