Other Tiers ADV 200 General Discussion Thread

I'd like to leave my mark on this thread by dropping a set that I've been having a lot of fun with recently. Let me present: Lead 4 attacks Alakazam.

Alakazam @ Lum Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch / Hidden Power Grass
- Ice Punch

This set eschews boosting with calm mind and replaces it with immediately smashing your foes over the head. Going modest over timid is because you'll be outspeeding most common leads even without the boosting nature, and the ones that will would outspeed you anyway. Psychic and Fire punch are obligatory moves that give you coverage against most of the meta game, and Ice Punch is for scaring leading salamence and other more niche mons like flygon and rhydon. The last move is either Thunder Punch or Hidden Power Grass. Thunder Punch obliterates leading gyarados and does good damage to milotic and starmie which might want to swicth in. Hidden power grass is for dropping lead swampert while still doing decent damage to milo, star, and also lanturne that would want to paralyze Zam. The choice depends on what your team might want eliminated.

I didn't come up with this set, but it's one I've stuck on a few of my teams. Have fun, and may the ladder go up this year lmao

Last edited:
Well we aren't getting a ladder for this but the revcord tournament officially has one month's worth of usage stats and i kinda gotta tell these numbers at somebody to maybe make myself feel like it was worth it so here you go

preliminary ou/uu lists:
Skarmory
Metagross
Salamence
Regice
Alakazam
Claydol
Starmie
Magneton
Swampert
Gyarados
milotic
Gardevoir
Heracross
Slaking
Dodrio
lanturn
Breloom
Blaziken
crobat
Vileplume
Grumpig
Kingdra
Regirock
Registeel
Dusclops
ludicolo
Hariyama
Flygon
Zangoose
Solrock
Medicham
Glalie
Ninjask
sceptile
weezing
swellow
Walrein
Roselia
Manectric
Rhydon
machamp
gorebyss
Donphan
shedinja
electrode
Shiftry
absol
camerupt
Bellossom
banette
Sharpedo
Cacturne
Ninetales
Xatu
Pinsir
sableye
Girafarig
Tropius
Tentacruel
Golduck
Crawdaunt
Exploud
Kadabra
Trapinch
Relicanth
Muk
Volbeat
Cradily
Altaria
and also everything else i guess

Skarmory (54.9%)
Metagross (52.1%)
Salamence (50.4%)
Regice (44.0%)
Alakazam (30.3%)
Claydol (29.6%)
Starmie (29.2%)
Magneton (27.8%)
Swampert (21.8%)
Gyarados (19.4%)

highest win % for mons brought 10 or more times: Solrock (11-4 record)

lowest win % for mons brought 10 or more times: Weezing (1-9 record)

mons that are undefeated bc they were all brought once: Exploud, Golduck*, Kadabra, Trapinch

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...bNQiQYI7fbq7PfL3CRTSvxXIg/edit#gid=1478038509

* i was the golduck c^:;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)