ADV Grand Slam (Round 2 Finished)

The Smogon Grand Slam was created during the fifth generation (BW). This means that ADV lower tiers were never featured in a Grand Slam. This will be the closest recreation possible to a hypothetical ADV Grand Slam that can be done at this time.

This will be a best-of-five single elimination tournament with Ubers, UU, NU, PU, and LC (All in ADV).

Why include PU, you may ask? The modern (and initial) Smogon Grand Slam have (had) Ubers, the three tiers below OU, and LC. In the case of ADV, these three tiers are UU, NU, and PU, rather than UU, RU, and NU. This is because there is no ADV RU tier (RU was created during BW).

This tournament counts as Type B for Smogon Championship. The point distributions for a Type B tournament are as follows:

The tier lists being used are those on Pokémon Showdown's teambuilder (except for LC), here, and here.

Ubers will be challenged in [Gen 3] Ubers and UU, NU, PU, and LC will be challenged in [Gen 3] OU. Replays are required or else the games will not be counted (no exceptions).

Round 2 is finished.

Matchups:
CyberOdin v. eren
Heysup v. Aaronboyer
Mega meganium v. TSR
MiyoKa v. neomon
Elyna
v. Arcylos
Askov v. Pohjis
Britania v. byronthewellwell
HSOWA v. hyperbeem
Megazard v. Marshall.Law
Spl4sh v. Lycans
Lord Booty Milk v. Melle2402
ggggd v. My Thunder
Contact v. Santu
Mysterious M v. Kushalos
DurzaOffTopic v. teal6
amber lamps v. Rodriblutar

Last edited:
Important question about lc:

In the tier link it says wailmer and meditite are banned but they are listed in the sample team thread. Its really confusing and now im not sure if they are allowed or not and idk what list is uptodate

Ok my opponent is taking way too long to respond, been more than 3 days since I PM'd him and no response. Requesting a sub or activity.

Eseque

Important question about lc:

In the tier link it says wailmer and meditite are banned but they are listed in the sample team thread. Its really confusing and now im not sure if they are allowed or not and idk what list is uptodate
Neither are allowed. If, in the tier link, they are listed as banned, THEY ARE BANNED.

Many ppl won his lc matchs with meditite, wailmer and maybe others ban mons. just check the lc replays.
Ugh. I overlooked this. There is one replay that I see where only one person used either of those mons (as well as one where both people used them), and I should have given a game loss for that, but I forgot to and now the next round has already started, so even though it's unfair, I have to keep everything as is. I apologize.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)