ADV ADV OU Global Championship 2020: Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arai

aka the situation
is a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
⏮ 2019 | Sponsored by Lutra

Signups | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4 | Round 5 | Semi-finals | Finals

Introduction

ADV OU Global Championship is a standard ADV OU Tournament with a goal to find the best ADV OU player of the year. Previous winners are Lavos.

Each round will consist of 2 stages. The first stage each player will be given 2 sets of pairings in which they play a first-to-2-win match (best-of-3 excluding ties) vs their opponent. After the first stage is completed and the host has determined wins, players who win both their matches go through to the next round, while players who lost twice are eliminated. The players who have won 1, lost 1, battle it out in a tiebreaker FT2W match in stage 2 to join the two-time winners in the next round; or the player wins the tournament in the case of a final. In a 3-way final, a FT2W 3-way round-robin is played, to determine the winner, and repeated if necessary.

The prize returns from last year: a $50 (or equivalent) amazon gift card will be given out to the winner!
The winner will also earn the right to display
in their signature.

Past ADV OU Global Championship Tournaments

ADV OU Global Championship 2018
ADV OU Global Championship 2019

Additionally, the winner of ADV OU Global Championship will earn the right to compete in the year-end RoA Forum Championship, competing in the ADV OU division for the
medal (to go in their signature).

You can also earn qualification points for the year-end ADV OU Championship.

ADV OU Championship 2020 Points

ADV OverUsed Format

Banned Pokémon
Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Defense, Deoxys-Speed, Groudon, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Latias, Latios, Lugia, Mew, Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Wobbuffet, Wynaut.

Banned Moves
Double Team, Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize, Sheer Cold (Evasion + OHKO moves).

Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause, Baton Pass Clause.

Tournament Format : pseudo-double elimination (192 man)

Round 1:
Stage 1 - 2 sets of 32 FT2W matches (192 unseeded players, subs period) & Stage 2
Round 2: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 16 first-to-2-wins matches (96 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 3: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 8 first-to-2-wins matches (48 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 4: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 4 first-to-2-wins matches (24 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 5: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 2 first-to-2-wins matches (12 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Semi-finals: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 2 first-to-2-wins matches (6 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Finals: Stage 1 - Round robin of 3 first-to-2-wins matches (3 unseeded players) - round robin repeated until decisive winner.
Stage 1 End: Players with 2 match wins go through, and those with 2 losses are eliminated.
Stage 2: Players with a 1-1 record play each other in a FT2W match to see who progresses.

Tie Rules

Battles ending in with no pokemon on either side, due to a Self-KO move (Explosion / Self-Destruct), result in a tie.
Battle ties do not progress either player towards winning the match.

Arrange location: Profile posts on the Smogon Forums.
Battle location: Pokémon Showdown! Smogon Tournaments Server

Play against both opponents (Sets 1 & 2) first-to-2-wins (bo3 wins) and report the score you won or lost by (2-x) after completing each match.

Deadlines

Round 4 Extension deadline: August 19th 11:59PM EDT
Stage 1 Final deadline: August 23th 11:59PM EDT

⏬

Last edited:
scheduled to play w star between 3:00 and 4:00 today, came on earlyish and saw him on stours; he told me that he had a game for a diff tour and then he had to do some things but he'd be back in 45 minutes. he played said game and dipped more than an hour ago (didn't take a screenshot because I figured he was coming back, yaknow? but I posted on his wall halfway through the time window and he didn't respond to that). since I'm going to be out of town from tomorrow evening till like thursday (and he told me he wouldn't be available on sunday anyways) I don't really know that we can reschedule or whatever.

also thelinearcurve I'm sorry I forgot to respond but I'd thought we'd agreed to play on the weekend (bc I was super busy wrapping up my last week of work), and I sent you my availability for the next 24 hours in case you're free then (can do 10pm-11pm your time on sunday I think bc yay timezone differences)

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
scheduled to play w star between 3:00 and 4:00 today, came on earlyish and saw him on stours; he told me that he had a game for a diff tour and then he had to do some things but he'd be back in 45 minutes. he played said game and dipped more than an hour ago (didn't take a screenshot because I figured he was coming back, yaknow? but I posted on his wall halfway through the time window and he didn't respond to that). since I'm going to be out of town from tomorrow evening till like thursday (and he told me he wouldn't be available on sunday anyways) I don't really know that we can reschedule or whatever.
fwiw I provided literally 50 hours of availability during the week and said the weekend was bad for me from the start. Ninjask said he would try to give me a time for thursday/friday and never did so I really could have just taken activity yesterday. I had some unexpected free time today so provided a window we could play but unfortunately got busy. I am free for the rest of the day and we rescheduled for 9pm but just providing context here in case it doesn't get done.

edit: we played and i won ggs

Last edited:
won in 3 ggs vs winter
requesting extension vs alice. already agreed we're both down to knock it out monday 9 pm gmt+2 just confirming we can get the extension

Arai

aka the situation
is a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Last edited:
Sharow has now missed our scheduled time twice, each time by more than half an hour. I have to move on to some other things today, so I'm leaving the computer for a while. Requesting an act win, or at least an extension if Arai determines the latter is more reasonable.

edit: Sharow said to take the win.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)