Gen 3 ADV OU - Sweven (Jolt Offense)

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon

| S w e v e n |
ZapdosSkarmoryTyranitarSwampertSalamenceJolteon
It's been a while since I've put in the effort to make an RMT. I wanted to try my hand at creating one for my favorite team that I've built. I probably built this bad boy around a year and a half ago and I think I peaked somewhere around 1500 ELO with it back when I played a lot of ADV. I think that if I had been a better player or had a bit more skill I could've done much better with this team. The team feels like a standard Jolteon offense team so there really isn't much to it. I'm definitely open to hearing suggestions on how to make it better.

|The Team|
Leftovers
1618263698648.png
Leftovers

Volta (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 120 Atk / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Mild Nature
Thunderbolt
Drill Peck
Hidden Power [Grass]
Roar

In ADV OU Zapdos cements itself as an extremely versatile special attacker. On this team, I wanted to take advantage of both Zapdos' STAB so that it could provide more chip damage for the more offensive threats on the team such as Mixed Salamence and Dragon Dance Tyranitar. Drill Peck allows Zapdos to chip both Blissey and Celebi; both of which can be roadblocks for the Jolteon if it tries to clean late game. Hidden Power Grass is specifically for removing opposing Swampert so that Tyranitar has an easier time setting up Dragon Dance. Roar is used to rack up Spikes damage and isn't used for much else.

Leftovers
Leftovers

Solder (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
Spikes
Protect
Toxic
Drill Peck

Skarmory is considered to be ADV OU's premier Spikes setter which is due to it also doubling as one of the tier's best physical walls. Spikes allow Skarmory to continuously chip opposing defensive Pokemon that can prove to be troublesome for the team such as Swampert, Blissey, and Porygon2. Protect is primarily for racking up passive recovery from Leftovers and Toxic is used for crippling offensive threats such as Tyranitar, Salamence, and Swampert that lack Refresh. Drill Peck is used for chipping possibly the team's biggest threat, Gengar which forces out Salamence, Swampert, and Tyranitar. It's important to scout for opposing Magneton as Skarmory lacks Hidden Power Ground and Tyranitar appreciates the damage Spikes provide.

Leftovers
Leftovers

Titan (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 76 HP / 216 Atk / 36 Def / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
Hidden Power [Bug]
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Dragon Dance

Bulky Dragon Dance Tyranitar acts as the team's sweeper. It forms a solid core with both Zapdos and Skarmory as they cover Tyranitar's weaknesses and provide chip for it later in the game. Hidden Power Bug grants Tyranitar an easier time checking Celebi, Claydol, and offensive Starmie. Earthquake hits most of ADV OU bar Flygon which is usually removed earlier in the game by Swampert or Jolteon. Rock Slide hits opposing Zapdos and, in emergencies, Salamence as well. Its Important to keep Tyranitar completely healthy until there is a clear opening for it to sweep. If Tyranitar sustains any damage mid or early game it makes sweeping later on much harder to pull off due to the team lacking Wish support.

Leftovers
Leftovers

The Leviathan (Swampert) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
Relaxed Nature
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Protect
Refresh

This is your plain old standard defensive Swampert set. The only real difference is that it's running Refresh over Hydro Pump in order to keep it from being crippled which helps keep its longevity intact. Earthquake covers both Metagross and opposing Tyranitar both of which can prove difficult to deal with late game. Ice Beam removes opposing Salamence and Flygon. Swampert cannot deal with all four of these threats in the same game however due to it only have access to passive recovery in Leftovers.

Leftovers
Leftovers

Atlas (Salamence) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 116 SpA / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Hidden Power [Grass]
Brick Break

Mixed Salamence is one of the most defining Pokemon in ADV OU due it being able to damage a majority of the tier thanks to its coverage. Dragon Claw provides Salamence with great neutral coverage and allows it to threaten Flygon and opposing Salamence. Moreover, it is able to chip both Gengar and Zapdos as they switch in. Brick Break threatens Blissey, Snorlax, and opposing Tyranitar all of which my team would otherwise struggle with. Hidden Power Grass helps remove opposing Swampert which Tyranitar and Jolteon struggle with. Finally, Flamethrower threatens prominent physical walls most notable Forretress and Skarmory. It also allows Salamence to check Breloom and Heracross. Mixed Salamence is Tyranitar's main partner here as it is able to threaten the majority of Pokemon that would otherwise prevent Tyranitar from sweeping.

Electra (Jolteon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 3 Atk / 30 Def
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power [Ice]
Baton Pass
Thunder Wave

Jolteon acts as a solid pivot and status spreader for the team as its able to pivot on Gengar and Zapdos and cripple them with Thunder Wave. It also acts as the teams late game cleaner to a lesser extent. This is only if Tyranitar is crippled or misses its opportunity to sweep. Hidden Power Ice removes late game threats such as Salamence and Flygon both of which threaten Tyranitar. Baton Pass allows Jolteon to pivot out on physical attackers allowing Skarmory to come in and set up a layer of Spikes. Jolteon plays a key role in this team as it tends to turn the tide in most battles thanks its amazing Speed and high Special Attack.

I wanted this to be a more laid back RMT since I honestly haven't played ADV OU in 6 to 7 months. This has been my favorite team though and I genuinely hope you enjoyed reading it. Also incase you were curious the word 'sweven' means a dream or a vision. If you have any suggestions let me know and I will implement them accordingly.

Leftovers
Leftovers

The Leviathan (Swampert) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
Relaxed Nature
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Protect
Refresh

This is your plain old standard defensive Swampert set. The only real difference is that it's running Refresh over Hydro Pump in order to keep it from being crippled which helps keep its longevity intact. Earthquake covers both Metagross and opposing Tyranitar both of which can prove difficult to deal with late game. Ice Beam removes opposing Salamence and Flygon. Swampert cannot deal with all four of these threats in the same game however due to it only have access to passive recovery in Leftovers.
Very cool Swampert, it is very inusitate to have a Refresh Swampert. But, just to point out, Swampert can learn Counter and Mirror Coat, since it is a very bulk pokémon, it can receive the damage even of a sweeper and reflect it in double.

Electra (Jolteon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 3 Atk / 30 Def
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power [Ice]
Baton Pass
Thunder Wave

Jolteon acts as a solid pivot and status spreader for the team as its able to pivot on Gengar and Zapdos and cripple them with Thunder Wave. It also acts as the teams late game cleaner to a lesser extent. This is only if Tyranitar is crippled or misses its opportunity to sweep. Hidden Power Ice removes late game threats such as Salamence and Flygon both of which threaten Tyranitar. Baton Pass allows Jolteon to pivot out on physical attackers allowing Skarmory to come in and set up a layer of Spikes. Jolteon plays a key role in this team as it tends to turn the tide in most battles thanks its amazing Speed and high Special Attack.
For me is very hard to understand why teach Baton Pass if you don't teach Agility or Substitute. Just to pivot out? And that works?

For me is very hard to understand why teach Baton Pass if you don't teach Agility or Substitute. Just to pivot out? And that works?
If you predict a switch, baton pass allows you to confirm the switch and see what they will switch to giving you an option select you can use to provide safe entry for offensive threats that may otherwise have a hard time switching in. For example let's say you have jolt in vs skarm, you expect they'll switch so as to not let the skarm die but they have both claydol and blissey on the opposing team so it's not clear whether your ttar or your mixmence are the better pokemon to take advantage of that switch. Baton pass allows you to confirm the switch and react accordingly. As a side benefit it also allows you to escape dugtrio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)