Ubers ADV Ubers Cup III - Quarter-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

1537211855365.png

This is actually the Annual ADV Tournament V, formerly won by Fireburn, 0kay, Level 56, and SoulWind

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Please save your replays. It is recommended to play on the Smogon Tournaments server due to its ability to automatically save replays.
  • This is a standard ADV Ubers tournament.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
  • Standard clauses apply.
  • All the usual Smogon rules regarding activity, timer, disconnection, and cheating rules apply.
ADV Ubers Clauses / Information
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • Wobbuffet / Wynaut + Leftovers is banned
  • Smeargle + Ingrain is banned
Round 4:

As we have reached quarter-finals, replay saving is mandatory and must be posted with the win!

Deadline is Sunday July 28th at 11:59 PM PT

Last edited:

absdaddy

Banned deucer.
I am taking a win over my friend tape. Can't say i won, he had the third game but due to extreme instances of luck involved in game 3 he gave me the win before the final blow. That's sportsmanship. I have consulted with multiple TDs (abr and get backer) whether it's okay for him to concede out of respect like that.
Not like it'll matter since he's winning classic anyway. I wanna say i won both games had i not gotten unlucky but it's mons and anything can happen so big props to tape for being a good sport.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3ubers-452341

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3ubers-452342

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3ubers-452343

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Re: March Fires vs absdaddy

Situation: As seen in the previous post, in his Adv Ubers game against absdaddy, March Fires forfeited in game 3, which allowed absdaddy to win the set and advance. While March Fire's intent behind forfeiting did not appear to be malicious and they did not appear to have colluded in advance to forfeit the set, forfeiting a tournament game without cause is explicitly against tournament rules and severely undermines the competitiveness of our tournaments. This decision gave absdaddy free advancement into semifinals, providing him a direct advantage that none of the other quarterfinals participants were allowed. For this reason, March Fires will be banned from participating in tournaments for three months as per tournament rules and the recent Smogon Classic V precedent.

That said, because we have found no evidence that absdaddy coordinated with March Fires or requested the forfeit, we do not believe it is fair to invalidate absdaddy's win. Therefore, absdaddy will still advance to semifinals.

Result: March Fires is tournament banned for three months. absdaddy advances to semifinals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)