Advance Underused Alphabet Tournament (Sign-Ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok the rules are pretty simple:
  • No OHKO moves (No Horn Drill, Fissure, Guillotine, or Sheer Cold)
  • No Evasion moves (No Double Team or Minimize)
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • XD moves WILL be allowed
  • Freeze Clause
  • No Self-KO allowed on last pokemon
  • You may only use pokemon in the Advance Underused and Neverused Tier List by Smogon
  • Each round I will assign 6 letters and you will form your team choosing a pokemon from EACH letter. (All letters must be used, this means you cannot use the same letter more than once)

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
IN

can i use NUs?

from justin: yes

also could i have like
Absol
Aipom
Aggron
Bellossom
Caterpie
Camerupt

from justin: no. the rules make it clear enough.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Uhhh ok I'll try this, but I think this is setting us all up to have basically the same team.

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT POLL THING!

Actually there are different ways I could do it.

1) The current way
2) Each round choose 6 random letters and everybody makes a team of pokemon using each of those letters
2b) Each round choose 6 random letters for the people on the left side of the pairings to use, and 6 random letters for the people on the right side to use
3) Assign everybody 6 random letters to use for the whole tournament

What would you guys prefer?

the problem with 2b or 3 is that you could end up with hideously one-sided games, with one player getting shitty letters where another gets good letters, but with 2 you would get pretty much the same teams being used against each other with no variety.

I say it would probably be best the current way, but if no-one agrees with me I don't really mind

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
in option 2 or 3 imo, I've tried the letter thing with Yosuke before and sometimes it can be quite lame getting a bunch of crap like Zubat and some others, but I like it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)