Gen 7 Advice wanted! What 2 pokemon should I add to this? (Gen 7 OU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey yall!

This is my "Core Four", I use them for everything. They're not Meta, especially Starmie, but I care about these Pokemon more than I care about winning. Still, I'm trying to have fun with them in Gen 7 OU Singles (and have been!) and have thus been looking for 2 good teammates with that purpose in mind.

Starmie @ Assault Vest
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- False Swipe

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Stun Spore

False Swipe on Garchomp is a must, unless you manage to fit it on one of the two additions.
Amoonguss is basically untouchable, except for Giga Drain and his held item. I know his EV spread isn't optimal, but I like it that way since I use him for catching pokemon as well.
Beyond those requirement, all moves, natures, abilities and items can be subject to change to better fit the potential two teammates. Garchomp doesn't have to be the mega of the team.

_________

Regarding the two teammates, almost anything goes. I abhor using legendaries in my team, especially since they're usually banned from ingame places like the battle tower/tree/subway, so ideally we'd avoid those.
I had Blaziken fill one of those slots for a while, but he's (quite understandably) banned in OU.

Some of the pokemon I've tried:
- Alolan Ninetales
- Talonflame
- Scizor
- Blaziken
- Alolan Marowak

I really want a fire typing in one of the two but it's not mandatory.
I don't really enjoy playing Trick Room, but I do like Weather teams. I've messed around with Sandstream + Mega Garchomp / Alolan Ninetales + Aurora Veil and thoroughly enjoy both.

________

That's the gist of my situation. I'm aware it's probably different from what you guys are used to, but I hope you'll be able to help me.

Either way, thank you very much for your time and hope you have a great day!

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)