Strategy & Metagame Aerial Combat: An Overview of Sky Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwilphish

when everything you touch turns to gold
I want this to be a fairly light-hearted article, but still go through all of the basics of the newest nintendo format (and easily the best metagame that they created [looking at you, doubles]). This will go through the banned moves and pokemon.

As for the lightheartedness, I was thinking of trying to explain why some of the moves and Pokemon are banned, because some of them are obscure, like Substitute and Gengar.

Let me know if I need to add anything to this, and once again thanks for reading! :)

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What are the odds of including Inverse Battles as well, or would that make the article too big? Right now Sky Battles appear to have hardly gotten started while Inverse Battles seems to have gotten more discussion, but at the same time, the latter needs more time to balance things out while the former already has some top threats due to the narrow list of available species (in comparison).

Qwilphish

I could include Inverse battles. The reason that I only had Sky Battles at first is because I started that thread and have more experience there than in Inverse Battles. I would prefer to keep this article as only Sky Battles, but if you feel that this article will be lackluster without that inclusion, then I could easily add that part :)

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Just as a general fyi, that user starwarsfan was wanting to run a Sky Battle tournament in Tournaments, I think it may even be in the Tournament Listing. May be a good idea to try and include him in the article or advertise the tournament, idk.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I could include Inverse battles. The reason that I only had Sky Battles at first is because I started that thread and have more experience there than in Inverse Battles. I would prefer to keep this article as only Sky Battles, but if you feel that this article will be lackluster without that inclusion, then I could easily add that part :)
Since it is one of two new battle style that XY introduced, it would feel weird to me if an article targetted one and not the other, but if you feel unable to write it/finding a co-writer, then keep it just to Sky Battles then.

Qwilphish

Okay that makes sense Bummer, I'll split this article into Sky Battles and Inverse Battles. Thanks for your feedback! I don't think I'll need a cowriter for the Sky Battles because, like I said, I am fairly educated there, if anything I might have to ask for a cowriter for the Inverse Battles. I'll also be sure to advertise the tournament unless it already started by the time that this issue is uploaded.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yo Qwilphish another suggestion: If you cover just sky battles (since there's a lot to cover), and someone else writes a separate article on inverse battles that'd be cool too if you found someone else willing so we have a matching articles thing goin' on. 8)

Qwilphish

That sounds preferred for me, skylight. I don't know who I would ask to write the other one but I'm sure I can find someone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)