Other Metagames [AG] Greed (1825 and climbing)

Is Chloe a bad namechange/user

• Total voters

Greed-An AG RMT

First - some music to listen to. It’s not great, I don’t like the artist, but it captures a very important moral message central to this team.

So, what’s this team all about? Greed. This team is designed for one purpose, and one purpose only - to gobble up as much ELO as possible. Many people make teams so as to showcase an underused Pokémon, more make teams so as to impress others, but the only reason behind this team’s creation is ELO gain.

Philosophy

Greed is what drives humanity. Greed is the chemical motivator that makes you get up in the morning. Greed is the reason you toil away at school, hour by hour, in the hope of getting a job in an ever unsteady economic world. Greed pushes humanity towards evolution, has pushed us to the point at which we reside, but at the same time, greed is what makes us steal, kill and tear down society. On a spontaneous planet, there is no balance - there is only reality. Greed is this reality.

Greed naturally has negative connotations. If someone is greedy for wealth they’re automatically looked down upon, despised even. However, if someone is greedy for peace they’re considered admirable. What’s the difference? Even here there’s greed. People would rather the person who desires peace than the one who desires wealth because it makes the world better for them, which appeals to their greed. Greed is everywhere. There is no good greed, no bad greed, just reality. Holy shit I love Fullmetal Alchemist.

The Team

"I want to be rich and I want lots of money
I don't care about clever I don't care about funny"

Rayquaza-Mega @

Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
Dragon Ascent
Waterfall
Sleep Talk
V-create

There really isn't an awful lot to discuss here. Rayquaza-Mega is my team's equivalent of a freight train - it hits hard and it doesn't stop until it's been derailed. The sort of power this thing packs is monumental, nearly nothing can get away unscathed. The most notable difference from a standard Mega Rayquaza is the lack of Extremespeed, which it doesn't appreciate anyway because Dragon Ascent is almost always used T1 and is then locked in. The idea behind using this is to simply use it until it's dead - a suicide lead. It tears open massive holes in Stall and Balance, damaging them beyond repair, setting up a foundation for victory within the first five turns.

"I want loads of clothes and fuckloads of diamonds
I heard people die while they're trying to find them"

Arceus @

Ability: Multitype
Jolly Nature
Swords Dance
Extreme Speed
Stone Edge
Shadow Force

Stock-standard Ekiller Arceus here. I haven't differentiated this set from the norm at all outside of running Stone Edge over Earthquake, which hurts many so-called Ekiller counters. Not much else to say here.

"I'll take my clothes off and it will be shameless
Because everyone knows that's how you get famous"

Arceus @

Adamant Nature
Swords Dance
Extreme Speed
Shadow Force
Earthquake
This is literally the same set as before, only holding a Lum Berry and carrying Earthquake over Shadow Claw. This set is specialized towards coming into Primal Groudon. It can take a Burn or Paralysis without stopping, proceed through with a Swords Dance and then KO with an Earthquake, assuming that whatever was in last was able to scratch Primal Groudon. Not much else to say, not an awfully special set.

"Life's about film stars and less about mothers
All about fast cars and passing each other"

Arceus @

Adamant Nature
Swords Dance
Extreme Speed
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Nothing has changed. This is literally the same set. This was deemed necessary as I needed more preventative measures to Darkrai and because Primal Groudon could be saved up in a party, meaning that Earthquake couldn't OHKO.

"And I am a weapon of massive consumption
And it's not my fault it's how I'm programmed to function"

Arceus @

Jolly Nature
Swords Dance
Extreme Speed
Overheat
Toxic

Here's the most creative Extremekiller on the team. It's still not really anything special, but it messus up a few key stops to my Ekillers. Firstly, Overheat OHKO's Skarmory. Overheat is not a common move to run on an Ekiller, so predictions are not a problem - if Skarmory stays in on this, it will fall. Toxic destroys Lugia. Despite multiple Stone Edge across the team a well-played Lugia can be a problem. This fixes that problem. A Lugia without Multiscale is a waste of space.

"I don't know what's right or wrong anymore
I don't know how I'm supposed to feel anymore"

Arceus @

Adamant Nature
Swords Dance
Extreme Speed
Return
Earthquake

This Arceus isn't very different from the others - the reason Ekiller works is because it follows a formula. It carries Return in order to break through bulkier Pokemon, such as unboosted Arceus forms, Lugia, Clefable, and Quagsire. Apart from that, not really much to discuss.

Strategy
The strategy behind this team is extremely simple. You lead with Mega-Rayquaza. You keep it in, blasting away powerful attacks until it dies. Then, assess the situation. Choose the best Arceus form for the situation. With the correct assessment, you will be able to set up the appropriate Ekiller set and sweep. Easy game, easy life.

Take it already!

貪欲 (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Choice Band
Ability: Delta Stream
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Waterfall
- Sleep Talk
- V-create

جشع (Arceus) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Shadow Claw

貪心 (Arceus) @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Force
- Earthquake

Gier (Arceus) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Hp
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

trachwant (Arceus) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Overheat
- Toxic

ագահություն (Arceus) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Return
- Earthquake

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
well I got tagged so I guess I should rate this. jsyk the overheat arceus is LO in the importable but the item image is a choice band, I assume that's an error.
Anyway, the big oversight I see here is that none of the Arceus are +Speed for some reason. You could really use some extra speed when facing opposing Arcspam (either way this comes down to luck mostly but they'll mostly be faster which sucks) and things like Ghostceus become a real pain. I think the Overheat one could easily be +Speed, probably one of the Lum berry ones as well. Another problem for arcspam is ghosts like Megasab and Giratina, and to help alleviate this problem, try Shadow Force over Shadow Claw on جشع. The increased damage should help break through. You should also look at putting Shadow Force on another Arceus, one of the Lum ones ideally, since only one user leaves you a bit open to the ghosts still. Finally, you're going to need one of the Arceus to sponge random hits for you. It is hyper offense, but given that you have plenty of priority I see no reason why the lum Arceus you choose to not give Shadow Force can't run max HP instead of Speed to tank random stuff like Mega Gengar FB. Anyway, not much I can do to improve within the limits of the 5 normal arc+ray constraint so hope these improved the team a little bit and grats on the ladder performance.

well I got tagged so I guess I should rate this. jsyk the overheat arceus is LO in the importable but the item image is a choice band, I assume that's an error.
Anyway, the big oversight I see here is that none of the Arceus are +Speed for some reason. You could really use some extra speed when facing opposing Arcspam (either way this comes down to luck mostly but they'll mostly be faster which sucks) and things like Ghostceus become a real pain. I think the Overheat one could easily be +Speed, probably one of the Lum berry ones as well. Another problem for arcspam is ghosts like Megasab and Giratina, and to help alleviate this problem, try Shadow Force over Shadow Claw on جشع. The increased damage should help break through. You should also look at putting Shadow Force on another Arceus, one of the Lum ones ideally, since only one user leaves you a bit open to the ghosts still. Finally, you're going to need one of the Arceus to sponge random hits for you. It is hyper offense, but given that you have plenty of priority I see no reason why the lum Arceus you choose to not give Shadow Force can't run max HP instead of Speed to tank random stuff like Mega Gengar FB. Anyway, not much I can do to improve within the limits of the 5 normal arc+ray constraint so hope these improved the team a little bit and grats on the ladder performance.
Thanks for the rate, I know it's not easy to rate spammy teams like this. I've fixed up that avatar mess-up and I've implemented most of what you said to change, which should help out the team greatly. Thanks!

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
not really invested in a full rate for a team clearly meant to spam and be unique, but Fire Blast > Overheat is pretty much a free switch, still kills skarm and ferro if you just use a -SpD nature and stops them pivoting around the drops. flamethrower doesn't get the kills unfortunately but its still an improvement on overheat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)