Other Metagames AG RMT-Revival Of Legend...

Revival Of Legend

Introduction
After the release of new games USUM new mons were released too and most awaited necrozma formes and its z-move light that burns the sky with 200 BP and necrozma-u having godly attack combined with good speed of 129 speed tier, new formes affecting AG meta alot with there unknown capabilities to be unfold.While all were trying to go out with new teams and laddering i was in search to my question that how will i adapt to this meta and it was nearly 2+ months i got an idea to make a team and i tried that but it didn't work up to my expectations so again i was down with it after new year i was looking in my teambuilder i found my old team from that team i got idea and built this team

Revival Of Legend

Lets see the team building process.

Team Building Process

One of my favourite cores from old meta this can be used to build balances and also Bulky Offences i found one team that i made around 2017's summer and i got idea to use it again as in current meta unecro,yveltal and fairies were common so i picked up with it and i love the way these two support each other,i mean mgar take care of fairies for darkceus and darkceus take on yve and pdons.

1515144092289.png

Next added a defensive zygarde with glare/dd well ik many ppl will be wondering why i am using glare and dd and not glare+coil,i wanted some offensive pressure and i got enough bulk and def to take on marsh and ekiller stuff while if mray DA then it actually calls its death while it helps gengar to use hex as it para opponents mons.

1515144092289.png

Fairyceus is one of the most essential arceus form for balances,stalls and Bulky offence to take on mray,yve and marsh also zygarde and opposition's darkceus tho it plays the roll of defogger for my team and is ev'ed to take physical hits + few spdef evs to differ rolls from special attackers it carries toxic for basic reason you all know and on this team it helps mgar to excel more to sweep opposition.

1515144092289.png

Now comes ekiller Original God this pokemon has been threat to teams since old days and normal typing+sd+stab is p/solid power you get and adamant takes it do next level now if you use silk scarf or life orb you get more tho this one have special set which will be revealed afterwards.

1515144092289.png

Necrozma-DM is newly released mon with great typing help it to be used as defensive mon and its one of the most reliable setter i have seen after excadrill being a thing early last year with good typing its stats are good too making it able to take some hits while giving boasting damages to opponent's mon yeah not that much cuz atk investment is not max but its atk is just good that i can give alot to mons with little investment(kinda like mixed lo ray which do good with draco meteor with 4 spa investment).

Lets have a closer look at team

Revived (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 196 HP / 100 Atk / 88 Def / 124 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave/Toxic/Earthquake

As you look at that picture what came to your mind? thing that came in my mind is a furious lion roaring with all his might and ready to attack.Well this lion is not going to roar but its going to attack opponent strongly with its power so lets get to the EVs,well HP is given to help it tank hits with its defences,while 88+ def gives it solid def stat + amazing hp helps it tank non boosted attack well and then 124 spdef for tanking special hits and check xerneas better,it kinda help VS. spa arceus while leftovers get some recovery morning sun helps it too then comes the attack evs 100 atk gives it enough power imo to take on fairies and do some to other mons too.Coming own it its attack sunsteel strike is only attack move chosen for its amazing base power+it ignores abilities and is reliable STAB option for dusk-mane then comes morning sun its there for recovery only nothing more :p it can be handy if you run toxic and wanna try some stalling then comes main reason why i chose this stealth rock this mon is good and reliable setter+toxic immunity+good def so its pretty amazing to have it then last slot is for filler you can run twave,toxic or even go eq for pdons troubling you and another reason why its part of the Revival Of Legend was that it resists psychic and poison with ton of resistance so it act as blanket to team.

Extinct (Zygarde-Complete) @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 108 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def / 140 Spe
Impish Nature
- Glare
- Rest
- Thousand Arrows

- Dragon Dance

One of the most common mon seen on balances and bulky offences and some other bulky teams this monster at the start of gen 7 turned out to be DD sweeper later it became a defensive tank for balance teams with glare and coil but i never liked it being defensive instead i liked it to be passive or just offensive so here's the set i am using glare/dd before this i tested sub/dd/block to setup on weak supports but then i got this set the hp is for helping this monster take hits from both type of attackers where it can't really do anything vs fairies and mons carrying icebeam without caring too much about it i gave it max def with 140 speed to get ties with max speed ray 8 atk to get some more atk once you have 1 DD up tho you should get that to +2 for some crazy sweeps leftovers+rest makes it invincible vs physical toxic spreader and this mon also checks ho-oh defensive variant then coming to moves glare is amazing move that helps it to cripple speed of mray and other fast mons and then mgar can also abuse its hex to get mons removed next move rest its here for recovery only and it also saves it from being status'ed by mons on balances and then its most common move thousand arrows this move is amazing addition to its moveset cuz of its effects and also amazing with dd next is DD just for setting up nothing else :P.

Death (Gengar-Mega) @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hex
- Hypnosis/Taunt
- Substitute

- Sludge Wave

This mon is on i never liked that much to face but loved using cuz of its speed tier its really threatening with many sets as option i chose HynoGar at start it was considered one of most irritating set though i never like to face it but it act as best teammate afterall heh well its evs are pretty obvious max spa to hit hard with its attacks and then max speed to get its godly speed of 394 i know its not that high but it outspeeds most of the things and that's why its cool mon to use too then comes move hex is the main mon paired with sludge wave to hit normal types and fairies then substitute this move have many uses like at certain moment it help vs smeargle lead and at some it help to take on scarf mons too like you hit hypno on arceus and then goes sub and then kill then with sub on so its kinda important to have then comes hypnosis its pretty cool cuz i love using it right now and the way it annoys opponent though you can run taunt over it to get better control vs stallish team.

Burn The Dread (Arceus-Dark) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Refresh
- Judgment

- Recover

Wait its a shadow,wait no its a devil.Well guys i guess i have reached to 4th mon of the team and its no other than Arceus-Dark with its CM/Refresh sets that gives stall a hard time once fairy type is down and its threat to things on offence too while also helping me check u-necro and yveltal its a good sweeper too.This set have common spread for refresh darkceus 248 hp for hit taking and 8 spa idk much :P and max speed to outspeed some filthy things in your way coming down to moves CM is for setting uo and sweeping with ease and refresh to heal your status like tox,brn etc and then judgment for main stab its good for sweeping then recover is essential to keep it alive while it also serves as lure to fairyceus that mgar loves to kill and also give Dusk-Mane a chance to twave or do damage to them.

Smooth Death (Arceus-Fairy) @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 4 SpA / 28 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover

- Defog

A really common set with weird EVs spread well i will try to explain it cuz i never EV arceus formes with calc so first of all 248 hp EVs is bumped to tank hits and then comes Def i gave it this much as it gets 365 def which i guess is good when paired with 440+ def and then 4 spa as most arc forms carry lil spa and they can still hit hard same for fairyceus then its 28 spdef i bumped it to reduce some damage rolls i am not that sure about it :/ then lastly 4 speed evs its to outspeed non speed invested arceus coming down to moves judgment is main mon and main thing that scares away yveltal,mray,marshadow and zygarde then toxic is for spreading status that helps a lot vs many teams and again helps mgar to abuse its hex then recover only recovery option for arceus and the secondary reason why its here its here to remove hazards and check mray,yve and marsh and other things.

Insight Slave (Arceus) @ Normalium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Last Resort
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Last member of the team the original god ARCEUS!! it threatens the teams since AG was made and its usage was a bit low during marshadow meta but now i guess this can be used again cuz of good checks to both marshadow and u-necrozma are there though u-necrozma doesn't hurt it that much but still a bit but nothing stands in its way when it gets to +2,getting down to EVs 4 HP is optional you can put that in def or spdef too while max attack is chose of speed+ nature cuz i wanted heavy damage output and now speed is given to outspeed everything till dd mray(idk what else comes in way :P)it gets 339 a good speed in my opinion well now what might have caught your attention would be normalium z well thing is at +2 with Z move it helps me kill many supportceus in addition to that it OHKOs def yve so i love this set currently an alternate set can be run with silk scarf frustration and giving z move to zygarde making it monster with Tectonic Rage while other moves are just common espeed for priority and sd for set up and then eq for pdon and stuff this set have troubles vs ferrothorn and celes tho darkceus and mgar can handle those.

Extinct (Zygarde-Complete) @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 108 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def / 140 Spe
Impish Nature
- Glare
- Rest
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance

Death (Gengar-Mega) @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Hypnosis
- Substitute
- Sludge Wave

Burn The Dread (Arceus-Dark) @ Dread Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Refresh
- Judgment
- Recover

Smooth Death (Arceus-Fairy) @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 4 SpA / 28 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog

Revived (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 196 HP / 100 Atk / 88 Def / 124 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Insight Slave (Arceus) @ Normalium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Last Resort
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance

- Earthquake

Screenshot of peak

Closing Remarks- I really enjoyed using this team its one of the best collections to my team builder i would say and i would like to end up with that if you use it and find it useful keep using it :3 well if you have any suggestions please tell me i would try to fix that up.

Well i will be doing it for 1st time but lemme do it :)
LEGGO SHOUTOUTS!!

Tohru and the Adachi- Amazing dude talk shit together
Xynix- BP user but still good friend :)
Catalystic- One of my favourite auth and friends helped me whenever i needed
GRNBLN- amazing player and friend and can't say anything but he is a good pal
Zesty43- greets like boss says gn like boss
cromagnet42- one of my fav voice atm when you getting % :3 and also a great buddy
Chloe- ty for hosting cool ssnls for us ;) keep up with work and be more active on PS
BananaLaddersPS- this guy is one who forces me to think out of the world ty for that that gives some idea lol
21pichus- fav %(don't be sad grnbln :v)really helpful and good friend
Alt accounts only :( - get more active bro you are good at it
Pokem9n- get more experienced and get higher :|
Loloartsi- amazing guy on discord cuz tell but #BestMemer
Pigeons- cool mod and also a good player guess if i get a chance to face you on ladder someday
PurpleGatorade old helper of me and still helping me thanks for those cool advices.
Mq- cool guy with amazing things :v

In the end TY ag community and all of my friends love ya all you supported me for 1 year and also tolerated me too.

Thank You for reading too!

Last edited:

cromagnet

I pledge allegiance to the grind
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I really like the team, I love the structure of Darkceus + MGar + Zygarde teams, so easily to just shred balance teams. I run a team very similar to this one although with a few different mons like celesteela and pdon over ekiller and dusk mane. I would say that primal ogre is an issue for this team if played correctly and paired with a mon to check your ekiller/take out your darkceus if it gets set up. Of course opposing darkceus are an issue as with any team of this structure especially because your ekiller isnt bulky. Just another small thing, maybe the zygarde would work better as coil as its already max defense I can't really see a reason for dd > coil, or even putting d tail on to better beat darkceus. Basically, like the team I run, this team's biggest weakness are ones like it with that same core, super solid brother, just watch out for darkceus or the dreaded double darkceus cteam s/o edgar allen poem.

why would I be sad when 21pichus is my favorite % too :P
how good does that zygarde work for you? It looks a little odd as it is a hybrid.
it spreads status and sets up on physical attackers tho it might seem awkward as setting on marsh is surprising though its p/good with it and deals with mray too while coil being too defensive imo that's why i chose DD.

I really like the team, I love the structure of Darkceus + MGar + Zygarde teams, so easily to just shred balance teams. I run a team very similar to this one although with a few different mons like celesteela and pdon over ekiller and dusk mane. I would say that primal ogre is an issue for this team if played correctly and paired with a mon to check your ekiller/take out your darkceus if it gets set up. Of course opposing darkceus are an issue as with any team of this structure especially because your ekiller isnt bulky. Just another small thing, maybe the zygarde would work better as coil as its already max defense I can't really see a reason for dd > coil, or even putting d tail on to better beat darkceus. Basically, like the team I run, this team's biggest weakness are ones like it with that same core, super solid brother, just watch out for darkceus or the dreaded double darkceus cteam s/o edgar allen poem.
I will try those mons on alternate version of this team though celesteela doesn't seems to do much as it only give me toxic immune and leech seeder that i barely need while ig pdon can be effective so i will go with it idk about celesteela ty for suggestion.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Honestly, idk what to do with this team without totally changing up the structure. Gengar+Darkceus is a fine place to start and I could see any one of the other mons you chose going with that pair, but the whole team has the semblance of being kinda randomly slapped together. It's just concerning because at the moment the list of things that come incredibly close to 6-0ing this team include CM Groundceus, Pogre, SubCharge Celesteela + anything that abuses Zygarde since that's ur only check, offensive Pdon sets since Zyg is the only check to that too, and probably more. rn my best working theory is dropping dusk mane for pdon since gengar+darkceus teams really need some kind of pogre check and then working from there. CM arc forms would still be the main concern and there's definitely a few ways u could go about handling that, but pdon really does take care of most of the massive threats whether it stays alongside zygarde or not. Also non-toxic support dusk mane is just awful in the current meta imo, if you keep it then really really don't do that since it makes CM arc forms 10x scarier

Honestly, idk what to do with this team without totally changing up the structure. Gengar+Darkceus is a fine place to start and I could see any one of the other mons you chose going with that pair, but the whole team has the semblance of being kinda randomly slapped together. It's just concerning because at the moment the list of things that come incredibly close to 6-0ing this team include CM Groundceus, Pogre, SubCharge Celesteela + anything that abuses Zygarde since that's ur only check, offensive Pdon sets since Zyg is the only check to that too, and probably more. rn my best working theory is dropping dusk mane for pdon since gengar+darkceus teams really need some kind of pogre check and then working from there. CM arc forms would still be the main concern and there's definitely a few ways u could go about handling that, but pdon really does take care of most of the massive threats whether it stays alongside zygarde or not. Also non-toxic support dusk mane is just awful in the current meta imo, if you keep it then really really don't do that since it makes CM arc forms 10x scarier
well yeah i thought of replacing dm with pdon and other thing that pogre checks that's true i thought of ferro over dm but that calls some trouble with pdon teams with good support and plays.Ty for advice i will try replacing it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)