Tournament AG Snake II - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

You love me for everything you hate me for
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

massive shoutouts to the amazing Lauriane for the art!

• There will be 6 teams and the tournament will have about 2 weeks of signups, 5 weeks of round robin and 2 weeks of playoffs (not counting any potential tiebreakers). That places the end of the tournament sometime in late February or early March; managers (or their assistant manager) are expected to be active throughout the tournament until that point. You may pick an assistant manager from the pool of players you draft or optionally signup with an assistant manager - if you signup with one, only one of you will be allowed to play.
  • Managers or co-managers may "self-buy" limited to one per team as mentioned above. This means that they draft themselves during round 1 of the snake draft.​
  • The tournament format is as follows:​
    Code:
    Multigen Bo3 (SS, USUM, ORAS)
    SS AG
    SS AG
    National Dex AG
    USUM AG
    ORAS AG
    The number of players per team is 8 (6 slots + 2 subs). We will consider raising this to 8 slots pending signups.​

• If you want to manage a team in AG Snake Draft, make a post using the below format. People who haven't managed in AGPL before are strongly encouraged to signup! Managers will be decided by the tournament host as well as the AG ROs. This thread will be open for a week whereupon managers will be decided!
    Code:
    Manager:
    Assistant Manager (optional):
    Team Name:
    List of Accomplishments:
    Why would you make a Good Manager?:

Enjoy!

Manager: WSun1
Assistant Manager (optional): Trade
Team Name: Juicy Joltiks
List of Accomplishments: Will is apparently the best AG player on this site (this is so sad since he lost to Fc). Wills on council. I make active contributions to the forum. AG Tutors. Circuit players. Helped with the Circuit sheet. etc
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Will and I both have managing experience, and I've p much ghost managed every team I'm on. We want to make a healthy team environment that isn't just picking the best players.

Last edited:

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Manager: Fc
Assistant Manager (optional): Aberforth
Team Name: Redacted Regirocks
List of Accomplishments: I'm the best AG player on the site (won ag seasonal and classic showing versatility in every gen, played in every team tour since last snake)
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Captained ubers world cup to a finals tiebreak and Aberforth captained Oceania which did incredibly leading them to playoffs, I also know most of the ag playerbase

redacted regirock.png

Last edited:

Kate

Metamodernity
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
Manager: Kate
Assistant Manager (optional): Avery
Team Name: Lethal Lucarios
List of Accomplishments: We got runner up in AGPL and NDPL, currently managing CAPCL, goated duo
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I know the entire playerbase and we both create a fun team environment that gets the best out of our players

Last edited:

baconeatinassassin

smile!
is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
Manager: baconeatinassassin
Assistant Manager: Catalystic
Team name: TBD
List of accomplishments: clicky
Why?: I have a wealth of experience in several AG metagames and know many players in the community, having been around for over 5 years. While I have not managed in a team tour before, I have been a part of many of them as a player and I feel as if this tournament is a perfect opportunity for me to fill a leadership role for the first time. Meanwhile, Cata has lots of experience managing and playing in team tours, and has also been a part of the AG community for a long time.

Last edited:
Manager: Tic-Tac-Toe Guru
Assistant Managers: Nav, Gunna, Travis Scott
Team Name: Turks
8503070C-D2ED-48B1-B016-433EB514A2E6.jpeg

List of Accomplishments: Still the world record holder for the most times quitting and returning to the game, one of the most toxic players in the history of AG, using a completely forgotten, outdated songs as references in this post, have a very successful YouTube channel, much more so than temp6t (if using golf rules), 6-0ed Skarph in a game during 2021 AG Playoffs Circuit
Why?: I’m a savage. (Twenty-one, twenty one) Classie, bougie, rachet. Sassy, moody, nasty. Actin stupid, what’s happenin’?

Last edited:

Fardin

Tournament Banned
Manager: Tic-Tac-Toe Guru
Assistant Managers: Nav, Gunna, Travis Scott
Team Name: Turks
View attachment 395164List of Accomplishments: Still the world record holder for the most times quitting and returning to the game, one of the most toxic players in the history of AG, using a completely forgotten, outdated songs as references in this post, have a very successful YouTube channel, much more so than temp6t (if using golf rules), 6-0ed Skarph in a game during 2021 AG Playoffs Circuit
Why?: I’m a savage. (Twenty-one, twenty one) Classic, bougie, rachet. Sassy, moody, nasty. Actin stupid, what’s happenin’?
what the fuck

spell

of the void
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Manager: omicorio
Assistant Managers: Seo.
Team Name: The Sound Stup Salazzles
List of accomplishments: we both have art threads + seo was a manager in mwp
Why would I be a good manager? I know a lot of the AG community and i'll be active every week :pray: seo is a working man however so I do not know if he will be active, but I can assure you i will be active and will love my team

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Manager: Ransei
Assistant Mangers: Ballfire
Team Name: Dank Darkrais
List of accomplishments: Been heavily connected to the AG community since Day 1 c: and made finals in 4 out of 5 OMPL tours I've managed in the past.
Why would I be a good manager?: The most important factor in being a good tour manager is knowing which players are best to form in a team. While I haven't been as strong of a player in most formats myself, I've ran successful teams in the past due to understanding the community enough to distinguish the most high quality players from everyone else.

Last edited:
Manager: Ransei
Assistant Mangers: Ballfire
Team Name: Dank Darkrais
List of accomplishments: Been heavily connected to the AG community since Day 1 c: and made finals in 4 out of 5 OMPL tours I've managed in the past.
Why would I be a good manager?: The most important factor in being a good tour manager is knowing which players are best to form in a team. While I haven't been as strong of a player in most formats myself, I've ran successful teams in the past due to understanding the community enough to distinguish the most high quality players from everyone else.
Confirming uwu

EDIT: Including a list of relevant achievements! I've played in AGPL and went pretty deep in AGLT. I won NDPL II as the Natdex AG player (and more importantly beat Kate).
I know a bunch of AG community members, especially Galar players. Let us manage pwease uwu

Last edited:

Crunchman

Banned deucer.
Manager: xbossarux
Assistant Mangers: TBD
Team Name: Brooklyn blazikens
List of accomplishments: 2 ag top 8s
Why would I be a good manager?: I've been one before and ive had positive feedback
CONFIRMING! I won the BW Doubles ROA Spotlight Swiss Tour with a 4-0 record so you know I'm qualified. Nothing needs to be said about the NU GOAT Mr. Bossaru (unbelievably snubbed in NU Snake BTW but I digress) We will lead the Brooklyn Blazikens to flaming glory with a Speed-Boosted High Jump Kick peace out plebeians

Mr.Bossaru

PMPL Champions 2022' ZU GOD\NU GOAT
is a Top Tiering Contributor
CONFIRMING! I won the BW Doubles ROA Spotlight Swiss Tour with a 4-0 record so you know I'm qualified. Nothing needs to be said about the NU GOAT Mr. Bossaru (unbelievably snubbed in NU Snake BTW but I digress) We will lead the Brooklyn Blazikens to flaming glory with a Speed-Boosted High Jump Kick peace out plebeians
looking forward to it my guy

Theia

You love me for everything you hate me for
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
The following pairs will be your managers for this edition of Snake:

:joltik: The Juicy Joltiks - Managed by WSun1 and Trade
:regirock: The Redacted Regirocks - Managed by Fc and Aberforth
:lucario: The Lethal Lucarios - Managed by Kate and Avery
:hydreigon: The Headstrong Hydreigons - Managed by baconeatinassassin and Catalystic
:crobat: The Crooked Crobats - Managed by cromagnet and Typhlosion4
:mandibuzz: The Malding Mandibuzzes - Managed by Jordy and Jho

Congratulations to those chosen, and thank you to everyone who signed up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)