SS OU Alakazam + Calm Mind and Recover

Well, I started playing pokemon a long time ago and it was good, now I don't remember anything and I would like your help :)

Pokepast: https://pokepast.es/a6e81a2556bf613c

Conex (Alakazam) (M) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Alakazam is my favorite pokemon and I'm lucky that it's a bit viable, using many strategies I come to the conclusion that it can be a tank on the special side, have access to Calm Mind and Recover, which makes it durable, its high Sp. Atk makes it dangerous too, the colbur berry and Focus Blast is for the dark types and well, if I find it useful this Alakazam

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Dragonite has a great cavity in this team, his skill together with Reflect and Light screen, together with weakness policy, make him extremely dangerous if there's no weavile in the enemy team, Fire Blast is to surprise corviknight and well...

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Press
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Corviknight supports Dragonite and Alakazam with their good resistors, good statistics and that, there are so many options for corviknight that sometimes I doubt if this is the best moveset I use for such pokemon, resists well on the special side and when using Bulk Up is unlikely to be able to easily stop it

Mongraal (Rillaboom) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Grassy Glide
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Rillaboom does a little less for this team but I still appreciate it because it at least gives longevity to the members, their access to u-turn, and has priority with grassy glide, the downside is that it's pure grass type, so carrying it is not going to be very easy with those common weaknesses

Heatran ? NOOO (Volcarona) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance

Volcarona is the best bug type of all, it has a very good secondary type, and having Quiver Dance and Giga drain with partner rillaboom makes it very durable, but the big problem is Heatran, it's a headache with its Flash Fire, and the rock type like Nihilego and Stone Edge of Garchomp causes Volcarona to die easily, after that, Volcarona can fight blissey for his Giga drain, resists very well, good offensive power, and gucci boots fit very well hahaha

Jelty (Regieleki) @ Light Clay
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 HP / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

A fundamental part of my regieleki team, its electric type only gives weakness to the ground type, its access to Reflect and Light Screen, the light clay object, along with its speed like no other, makes regieleki one of my favorite pokemon to assemble equipment, it is a very remarkable support, it can vary its moveset but nobody can do what it does, it is fast and a little resistant

Last edited:
It looks like Dragonite is super reliant on Regieleki to make the most of Multiscale here, because Eleki is your only form of hazard control and Dragonite isn't running boots or Roost. Since you wanted Corviknight to help support Dragonite and Alakazam defensively, Defog and U-Turn would help it come in for them, remove hazards, and pivot away without getting trapped by Magnezone. I'd probably replace Bulk Up and Body Press if you're not running Dual Wingbeat on Dragonite. Pressure also tends to be a useful ability on defensive Corviknight, since it can Roost to stall out turns.

On Dragonite itself, I think you could probably just run Fire Punch with a Jolly nature. It'll do more damage after a Dragon Dance and doesn't risk missing, although it'd activate contact effects like Rocky Helmet and Iron Barbs.

Also, because all of your mons need turns to set up already, I think you'd probably get more mileage out of running Choice Band on Rillaboom and replacing Swords Dance with Knock Off.

I haven't really tried using Alakazam in gen 8 OU myself yet, so I can't comment on that, but I like the idea of your team and the teammates you picked!

Here's a pokepaste link if you wanna try out a few changes!

The Fire Blast was just for that, to not activate the abilities of Garchomp and Ferrothron, and rocky helmet of Corviknight, Also if corvi use a lot iron Defense/Bulk Up, Fire Blast would take it out easily, and also because the weakness policy gives you double sp. Atk, although they are still somewhat specific scenarios, as for everything else, if I agree

The Fire Blast was just for that, to not activate the abilities of Garchomp and Ferrothron, and rocky helmet of Corviknight, Also if corvi use a lot iron Defense/Bulk Up, Fire Blast would take it out easily, and also because the weakness policy gives you double sp. Atk, although they are still somewhat specific scenarios, as for everything else, if I agree
Most corviknight run standard defensive defog and its just nicer to not have to depend on an 85% accurate move for it b/c dragonite is going to be hitting like a truck anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)