All type Terrain [Stage 4: Playtesting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChrystalFalchion Pollen Shield, Inner Peace, Weightless, Grass Pelt
Also Cauldron Bubble boosts SpA & Spd, not Atk & SpA
While you're at it, it'd be useful to add the last batch of abilities, and there's still an unresolved tie.

Last edited:
Name: Misty Bliss
Pokémon: Alolan Vulpix, Alolan Ninetales, Flabébé, Floette, Florges, Spritzee, Aromatisse
Description: Under Misty Terrain, the user is sorrounded with Mist making it reduces it's weaknesses and becomes sturdier.
Effect: Under Misty Terrain, the user's SpD is boosted by 1.5x and the user takes 2/3 damage from Poison- and Steel-type moves.
Competitive Use: Allows for a double-Fairy defensive core that doesn't stack weaknesses that much.
You also missed the SpD boost for this ability.

ATT abilities are fully coded now! Playable here: http://pokeliga.psim.us/ but please host it on Dragon's Heaven
abilities.js: https://pastebin.com/wMqqmxzv
items.js: https://pastebin.com/cLt7eaSc
moves.js: https://pastebin.com/zBSbhBgE
pokedex.js: https://pastebin.com/2XmkjGSt
scripts.js: https://pastebin.com/Q9a9NXMp
statuses.js: https://pastebin.com/sH7D36eZ

There were some issues though. None of them are critical, but they still need to be addressed.

Phoenix_Alchemist Aura of Destruction: disabling foe's ability in a Gastro Acid's way (not in a Mold Breaker's way) is impossible, as such sings are hardcoded into the sim. For now, this ability puts Gastro Acid on the foes on switch-in (akin to Intimidate), but this is not quite the same, as this effect doesn't wear off after terrain ends. If you have any other ideas, I will code them.
Enchanted Regalia: Pretty much the same. but with items. It puts Embargo effect on switch-in right now. Again, if you have any other ideas, I will code them.
Water Walker: airborne check is also hardcoded and can't be changed via mod. I imitated this by applying all necessary immunities, but it may have some weird interactions (for example, Iron Ball and Smack Down don't negate this) You okay with this?
Also, you can't give Meteor Strike to Clefable since it's A rank in OU

Exploudit Electric Charger: Apparently, Charge lasts for 2 turns, and it boosts Electric moves 2x, not 1.5x. Under normal conditions, the first turn is wasted on the use of Charge itself, but if a pokemon w/ Electric Charger switches in after ally fainted, it will have 2 turns of double Electric power. I only need you to specify wether you still want it to apply as a Charge effect or change it to 1-turn and 1.5x, it's no probs to code either way.
Beehive Call: no problems code-wise, it's just that x4/3 boost to Bug moves seems too small, considering that Vespiquen doesn't get the Terrain boost. Maybe change it at least to x1.5? (1/6 for every consecutive hit)
Also, I'm still waiting on a list of Pokemon that learn Corrosive Terrain. I guess you could add every Pokemon that gets an ability interacting with it?

Origin0 Murky Cover: is it applying +1 stage boost to Accuracy on switch-in or a passive 33% boost? I suppose it's the second, akin to Speed boost.

Sereg Cauldron Bubble: same as above, is it +1 stage boost or a passive 50% one? Also, this ability is outright broken, boosting 2 stats AND applying Curse effect on top of it.

Also, there are quite a number of abilities that weaken types that are super-effective against some type, and it's quite a mess. Weakening a list of random types is a bit of a too complex concept, it's hard to grasp and remember for new players. I coded them as they are, but suggest minor changes for them Exploudit Sereg X good
- Misty Bliss to weaken all SE moves (like Solid Rock) x2/3
- Leafy Shield and Otherwordly Voice to weaken all moves SE against Grass/Psychic accordingly (like Delta Stream) x0.5
- Fairy Dust to just add a Fairy type and a Ground immunity. It would give weaknesses too, but also a Fairy STAB

Also, ChrystalFalchion, could you give me an access to those docs so I can correct some mistakes? I also remind you to choose the Metallic terrian abilities, since there's a draw.
Edit: oh, amost forgot. Alakazam happenned to lose all of its original abilities, is this okay?

Last edited:
Sereg Cauldron Bubble: same as above, is it +1 stage boost or a passive 50% one? Also, this ability is outright broken, boosting 2 stats AND applying Curse effect on top of it.
I meant + 1. But a passive boost is probably better. I was thinking that terrain dependence, especially in a meta where terrain wars are going o be common, justified stronger abilities. What if it just boosts the lower of the two stats?

Also, there are quite a number of abilities that weaken types that are super-effective against some type, and it's quite a mess. Weakening a list of random types is a bit of a too complex concept, it's hard to grasp and remember for new players. I coded them as they are, but suggest minor changes for them Exploudit Sereg X good
- Misty Bliss to weaken all SE moves (like Solid Rock) x2/3
- Leafy Shield and Otherwordly Voice to weaken all moves SE against Grass/Psychic accordingly (like Delta Stream) x0.5
- Fairy Dust to just add a Fairy type and a Ground immunity. It would give weaknesses too, but also a Fairy STAB
I believe they shouldn't weaken types themselves, but rather moves that are SE against these abilities' users, i.e. apply a Solid Rock effect
I'm fine with that. I was thinking there was precedence with Thick Fat (and, to a lessor extent, Rattled).

Last edited:
Gliwick
For Aura of Destruction/Enchanted Regalia, is it possible to apply Gastro Acid/Embargo between turns? There are plenty of abilities that apply an effect between turns, such as Bad Dreams doing damage to the opponent between turns, so maybe a similar code could be used with Embargo and Gastro Acid.

The changes to Water Walker and Meteor Strike are fine with me. Thanks for getting them coded.

Gliwick
For Aura of Destruction/Enchanted Regalia, is it possible to apply Gastro Acid/Embargo between turns? There are plenty of abilities that apply an effect between turns, such as Bad Dreams doing damage to the opponent between turns, so maybe a similar code could be used with Embargo and Gastro Acid.
It's possible to apply Gastro Acid/Embargo whenever you want, but the problem is, it will last regardless of wether terrain is active. I'll see if I can end these effects on the switch-out, will that be okay?

It's possible to apply Gastro Acid/Embargo whenever you want, but the problem is, it will last regardless of wether terrain is active. I'll see if I can end these effects on the switch-out, will that be okay?
If there is no way to manually end the Gastro Acid/Embargo effect after the terrain ends, then that should be fine.

I meant + 1. But a passive boost is probably better. I was thinking that terrain dependence, especially in a meta where terrain wars are going o be common, justified stronger abilities. What if it just boosts the lower of the two stats?
That would be somewhat strange. Mabe it shouldn't apply Curse effect, but rather regular poison instead? Curse is just too powerful.

Edit:
If there is no way to manually end the Gastro Acid/Embargo effect after the terrain ends, then that should be fine.
I made it, but there will be a side effect of removing Gastro Acid/Embargo whenever there is no appropriate terrain.

Last edited:
That would be somewhat strange. Mabe it shouldn't apply Curse effect, but rather regular poison instead? Curse is just too powerful.
I liked the uniqueness of the curse effect, and curse ends from switching out, but if that's what's needed, that's what's needed.

I liked the uniqueness of the curse effect, and curse ends from switching out, but if that's what's needed, that's what's needed.
Well, since there are several ways to do it, I guess I'll wait for testing results and more opinions. I'm leaving it as it is now.

I updated the doc with all ATT info; also added Soul Burn to Blacephalon and Herbal Sprout to Pangoro in retrospective (those are my abilities)

Edit: also gave Corrosive Terrain move to all Pokemon with abilities related to this terrain, since we still don't have a list of Pokemonlearning this move.

Last edited:
Have decided to go for Smart Metal, Jury Rig and Mirror Image for Steelstrewn Terrain. Thanks to all of you for your suggestions, this would've been dead in the water without you. Especially grateful to Gliwick - thanks for coding this and keeping me on track. I am in the process of updating the lists in the OP, and Gliwick I will grant you access. Just PM me your Gmail.

Also, have updated the lists in the OP and the title, at long last.

Edit: I could not give Alakazam Jury Rig as it already has 3 Terrain abilities.

Last edited:
The doc for abilities says that Clear Skies always gives a *1.2 boost (the code suggests the same), but Clear Skies was only supposed to give the boost in the absence of weather. It probably doesn't matter much, since weather likely won't be very common in ATT, but I thought I'd point it out.

EDIT - Also the doc says that Magic Essence allows the infliction of volatile status, when Misty Terrain prevents non-volatile status (and confusion, I guess). Not sure if that's just a typo or not, but it should probably be fixed.

Last edited:
The doc for abilities says that Clear Skies always gives a *1.2 boost (the code suggests the same), but Clear Skies was only supposed to give the boost in the absence of weather. It probably doesn't matter much, since weather likely won't be very common in ATT, but I thought I'd point it out.
It's pretty important, thanks for noticing. My mistake.
EDIT - Also the doc says that Magic Essence allows the infliction of volatile status, when Misty Terrain prevents non-volatile status (and confusion, I guess). Not sure if that's just a typo or not, but it should probably be fixed.
That's just a typo.
Edit: I could not give Alakazam Jury Rig as it already has 3 Terrain abilities.
Maybe we should omit one of them? They all work for Psychic Terrain, having one interacting with Metallic terrain would make it more diverse. I suggest removing Otherwordly Voice, because Alakazam doesn't know any relevant Sound moves and doesn't need resistances that much since it's a weeper.

Edit: Phoenix_Alchemist it's impossible to swap stat-changing items' effects without changing the code of every single item. I believe Mirror Image should work like Power Trick/Wonder Room, which aren't affected by items.
Edit2: oh wait, you could make it another way - for all moves to use defensive stats for attacking, and attacking stats for defense, kinda like in Full Potential. But then stat changes would be 'swapped' too.
Edit3: you know what, I'm a pretty stupid coder. Just found the way to code Aura of Destruction and Enchanted Regalia better, so now status applies on foe's switch-in too.

Last edited:
Maybe we should omit one of them? They all work for Psychic Terrain, having one interacting with Metallic terrain would make it more diverse. I suggest removing Otherwordly Voice, because Alakazam doesn't know any relevant Sound moves and doesn't need resistances that much since it's a weeper.

Done. Have also authorised you to edit the other pages

It's pretty important, thanks for noticing. My mistake.

That's just a typo.

Edit: Phoenix_Alchemist it's impossible to swap stat-changing items' effects without changing the code of every single item. I believe Mirror Image should work like Power Trick/Wonder Room, which aren't affected by items.
Edit2: oh wait, you could make it another way - for all moves to use defensive stats for attacking, and attacking stats for defense, kinda like in Full Potential. But then stat changes would be 'swapped' too.
Edit3: you know what, I'm a pretty stupid coder. Just found the way to code Aura of Destruction and Enchanted Regalia better, so now status applies on foe's switch-in too.
Using Full Potential's stat swapping seems like a much better idea for Mirror Image. The only minor difference really is that Diancie and Electabuzz/Electivire now boost their Attack instead of Defense, but that's not a bad thing at all.

Also, I'm curious about the next plans for ATT. Is there any chance of a tourney in the near future? I know the last one was kind of a bust, but the thread has a bit more activity now, so we might be able to get more info from one now. (Also I'd get a chance to use Secret Power Jirachi in Frosty Terrain lol)

Done. Have also authorised you to edit the other pages
Thanks
Also, I'm curious about the next plans for ATT. Is there any chance of a tourney in the near future? I know the last one was kind of a bust, but the thread has a bit more activity now, so we might be able to get more info from one now. (Also I'd get a chance to use Secret Power Jirachi in Frosty Terrain lol)
I might host a tour somewhere in the middle of April, but I'm not sure yet.

I had a thought about the tourney we could hold. Everyone could get one type of Terrain to test, to see how good they are(n't). Thoughts?

Last edited:

earl

hell yeah
is a Community Contributor

Regirock @ Choice Band
Ability: rockysurge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Explosion

Diancie @ Focus Sash
Ability: gemenergy
EVs: 252 HP / 108 SpA / 148 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Stakataka @ Rockium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Lonely Nature
IVs: 14 Def / 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Earthquake

Cresselia @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance

Rampardos @ Choice Band
Ability: metalcrush
Brave Nature
- Head Smash
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 104 HP / 12 Def / 176 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog
Random time to share this team, but I thought I might as well post this team eventually, which has a 100% winrate throughout its run in the grand slam. So here is Rocky Terrain Trick Room ft Koko, in which the goal is to get Rocky Terrain and/or Trick Room up in order to just steamroll the opponent. Regirock is the backbone of the team, setting the terrain and hitting very hard with never-miss stone edges. Diancie sets up room, rocks, and can explode, also room will last 2 more turns if rocky terrain is up, very cool. Stakataka is just normal Stak but better with terrain. Cress is cress, u need it for TR. Rampardos is literally unwallable under terrain, it's stupid strong. Tapu Koko resets terrain (which is useful for getting rocky terrain up at 5 turns) and has a really strong matchup versus flying terrain, which is important as everyone spams that. Koko also provides defog and speed control when TR is down, which it frequently will be.

thats all, thanks for listening to my ted talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)