Allow Skymin on Shoddy?

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yes.

The precedent simulators was to emulate Link Play - wireless play is something new. Plus it's not like it's 100% certain that we can't use Sky Shaymin yet - they could easily change that for the US release.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I agree that Skymin should be allowed on Shoddy. Shoddy battle doesn't even actually emulate wifi, it completely emulates local battles. If it was emulating wifi battles, everything would be stuck at level 100, but they're not. You're allowed to change the levels. Also, how else would we have stuff like level 5 Little Cup and such on shoddy, since things are automatically moved to level 100 on wifi?

Definitely allow this.

EDIT: Oh geez, I forgot about free battles. They seem like they're the exact same thing as local battles, except they're on wifi though...

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You "can" have a free battle on wifi, but nobody does that. Not that that's the point here, anyways.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
If it can be used in link battles, then it should be implemented on shoddy. It is a pretty easy decision really.

I mean, even if we decide that standard battling is wifi, then we just ban Shaymin from standard matches, rather than not having it on shoddy at all.

Have a nice day.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think the "standard" we try to simulate should be whatever gives the players the most options. If Skymin were to be theoretically banned in link battles but allowed on wi-fi, it would make more sense to "simulate" wi-fi because that's what gives the players the most options, as opposed to banning anything. More is always better than less, no?

Note that this does not take into account anything being broken, uber, uncompetative, or anything subjective like that.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
As pretty much everyone else has said here, it isn't a problem at all. Unless someone comes along and starts having a whine/has a greatly varied point of view then this thread has served its purpose.

By that logic I assume we are allowing Rotom Alts because they can be used wirelessly (accourding to the picture released with the game) (Check the upper right corner of the game screen below)

Yes,I'm assuming this would apply to Rotom alts as well, though I would imagine these alternate form Pokemon would follow the same rukes as Deoxys (only one of the Pokemon per team due to Species Clause)

Yes,I'm assuming this would apply to Rotom alts as well, though I would imagine these alternate form Pokemon would follow the same rukes as Deoxys (only one of the Pokemon per team due to Species Clause)
Technically, if i remember correctly, more the one Deoxys is allowed on a team in shoddy, even though what you said is how it works in game ( i tried to take a team of three Wormadams into the battle Tower)

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
An obvious yes, who says Shoddy isn't simulating Link battles? Has this been tried with Giratina btw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)