AAA Almost Any Ability

LordBox

you should love yourself... NOW!
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Tera is banned in AAA.

Sandy is definitely better, but I think it still struggles with the plethora of bulky grounds and still not being that fast. Especially now that guys like Noivern and Gengar are also more viable.

No recovery is tough. Might consider trying Regen or RestTalk, but at the end of the day, it’s still a Primeape.
Friendly reminder Sandy Shocks has substitute as a move... which I was made keenly aware of when Jrdn farmed my Scales Corviknight with a Sub Lefties Competitive Sandy Shocks.

New meta? Money tour? Well, I haven’t found a shitmon to obsess over! How has the meta started when I haven’t done that?!

:ss/Hatterene:
Hatterene (F) @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Triage
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 36 SpA / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire
- Shadow Ball / Psyshock / Nuzzle

False alarm. Now that its biggest roadblock in Ice Scales is gone, Hatterene has a genuine niche in AAA! With these EVs, Hatterene can outrun Garganacl, and always 2HKOs non-WBB Gholdengo with Mystical Fire. The most important thing this does is answer a devastatingly powerful style of team: hyper offense. While it can do very little against Houndstone, the Dragonite and Iron Hands these teams always have absolutely HATE facing Hatterene due to Triage Draining Kiss and quad resisting Fighting. It’s not just an anti-HO bot, though. It can act as a surprisingly great check to non-CB Great Tusk, force switches on very strong special attackers such as Sandy Shocks with Mystical Fire and Calm Mind, and clean lategame after the opponent’s Corv has either been chipped, ran low on Roosts, or got broken through by a teammate(like NP Dengo). Tl;dr use this thing it’s really cool

UT

The sand hurts my feelings
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
What made the SAC occur? Wanted to use a HariyamaHands core.
The main factor is that Single Ability Clause fits better within our tiering framework. Generally, when tiering, we tend to allow unrestricted, completely banned, or in some cases limit one. There is lots of precedent for limit one thing per team (VGC's Item Clause, for example), and many other OMs (Mix and Mega, Sketchmons, etc) have a limit one restriction, but very little precedent for limit two things.

Secondly, 2AC has still been seen as problematic in the past. It enabled the infamous Regenerator cores of SS AAA, and was seen as a compounding factor with Poison Heal when it was legal.

Since it has been problematic in the past, and doesn't fit our tiering framework well, the SV AAA council elected to try SAC to start gen9. So far, I have personally considered it a success and have not found it restricting on teambuilding. While I won't go so far as to rule out potentially testing 2AC in the future, I think there needs to be a very high standard showing the tier is unstable/uncompetative/broken with SAC to consider it.

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
:sv/Blissey:
Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Shadow Ball

:sv/Corviknight:
Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 99
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

So I'm pretty certain that this core is still unironically good. Regen Blissey is really missing Teleport, but it's not as if it's any less good at scouting special attackers and generally being really annoying. Corv is intentionally lvl 99 to get slow pivots into your wallbreakers.

Double post:
Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Shadow Ball

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Well-Baked Body
Level: 99
Tera Type: Flying
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Brave Bird / Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Scream Tail @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Stealth Rock
- Wish
- Protect
[/HIDE]

Last edited:

Isaiah

is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
What is better intimidate or fluffy?
Depends on if you want consistent damage mitigation or the extreme boost while giving up being able to protect against things like Earthquake (unless Flying-type), Icicle Crash, etc.

In other news, the Dragapult, Iron Valiant, and Iron Bundle bans are live! And Greninja is free, I guess...find out if it's good!

Ok let's get the greninja niche train going(until I can use PLand Delphox)
Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance/Gunk Shot
- Liquidation
- Ice Punch
- Rock Slide
Now that Iron Valiant and Pult are up and banned, Greninja seems like it could be the next amazing Sheer Force user. I have made(and not tested) 2 sets, this one being a physical set that might be able to switch in on, like a gholdengo? and set up. amazing speed with some decent coverage could make this get out of hand quickly.

Greninja @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken/Mud Shot
- Extrasensory
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
This set utilizes greninja's superior attacking stat at the cost of not being able to get any meaningful boosts. However, it has access to a wide variety of moves, with the disadvantage of not having any Sheer Force-boosted water type attack above 60 BP, so I opted for reliable priority in shuriken, with an option for Mud Shot if you really want to hit a steel type effectively.

Greninja @ Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
Ability: Primordial Sea/Beads of Ruin
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
This is a Primordial Sea set, or a BoR set, not much to say. Keep throwing out giant attacks, maybe it works. Ideally use PSea for anti-PLanders like Iron Moth.

That's all I have for now, might be able to find some more niches for different mons later, stay tuned!

Isaiah

UM/OM Leader
:sv/Baxcalibur:
Baxcalibur @ Choice Band
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Glaive Rush
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

While I haven't quite settled on a consistent team yet, I wanted to post this in passing because CB + Skill Link + Icicle Spear is quite strong. I'm a huge fan of not having to waste turns on a boosting move before you can get your OHKOs and 2HKOs, so here it is. Being able to run Jolly is particularly nice because it means you outspeed and 2HKO Quaquaval, Speed tie positive natured Great Tusk, and straight up beat the Adamant ones. There aren't a ton of quality Ice resistant mons in the meta right now, and for some reason Intimidate/Tablets of Ruin are banned (I see barely anyone using them).

Some cool calcs:
252 Atk Choice Band Baxcalibur Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Scream Tail: 245-290 (56.4 - 66.8%) -- approx. 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Baxcalibur Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 240-285 (60.1 - 71.4%) -- approx. 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252 Atk Choice Band Baxcalibur Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 165-195 (41.3 - 48.8%) -- approx. 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252 Atk Choice Band Baxcalibur Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 165-195 (41.3 - 48.8%) -- approx. 5.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Baxcalibur Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Quaquaval: 200-240 (64.3 - 77.1%) -- approx. 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Baxcalibur Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gholdengo: 175-210 (55.5 - 66.6%) -- approx. 2HKO after Stealth Rock

An extra cool thing is that you easily tank an ESpeed from Dragonite even if it's CB:
252+ Atk Aerilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Baxcalibur: 189-223 (50.9 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Aerilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Baxcalibur: 283-334 (76.2 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

and eliminate it in return

After trying to build a team with my Mix Chomp, I came up with this: https://pokepast.es/a828164e03eac605
I peaked top 30 with this team but I feel like I was pretty lucky as most Gholdengo I encountered were not Earth Eater Substitute. That and MGLO Chien Pao are the biggest weaknesses of the team, you kind of just have to outplay them. This team is also pretty slow so the teapot can be a pain to deal with. Does anyone know what I should change to improve my match up against those mons, especially Gholdengo? I'd appreciate the help.

Last edited:

Isaiah

UM/OM Leader
After trying to build a team with my Mix Chomp, I came up with this: https://pokepast.es/a828164e03eac605
I peaked top 30 with this team but I feel like I was pretty lucky as most Gholdengo I encountered were not Earth Eater Substitute. That and MGLO Chien Pao are the biggest weaknesses of the team, you kind of just have to outplay them. This team is also pretty slow so the teapot can be a pain to deal with. Does anyone know what I should change to improve my match up against those mons, especially Gholdengo? I'd appreciate the help.
Great team :0
Between Chomp and AV tusk, you should be pretty well equipped to handle just about every Gholdengo. Fire / Ground / Dark is enough coverage to win even if they've picked an immunity. As for the Chien-Pao matchup, if Garg + Corv isn't enough, you'll probably have to just give up and run bpress Garg tbh. Otherwise, I like the flow of the team (No water resist though, be wary of that!)

Isaiah

UM/OM Leader

Sample Teams [kinda sorta] Update!

Here are some early meta teams for you all to try. NOTE: These are very "first look"-esque teams and might not be the most consistent; don't be surprised if you run into random stuff that packs you up. The plan is to have sample teams operate with rolling submissions/updates for a while--that is, we will update and switch them around as better teams are created/posted, so if you have a team you think is sampleworthy and you want to share, put it in this thread!

:Barraskewda::Iron Hands::Florges::Gholdengo::Great Tusk::Cinderace: - TheCoastsOfToast's CB Primordial Sea Barraskwda Balance
:Garganacl::Iron Moth::Corviknight::Quaquaval::Chien-Pao::Great Tusk: - UT's Triple Weather Balance
:Garganacl::Great Tusk::Gengar::Scream Tail::Kingambit::Greninja: - DeepFriedMagikarp's Double Weather Bulky Offense
:Toxapex::Garchomp::Polteageist::Scream Tail::Corviknight::Blissey: - Isaiah's Tablets of Ruin Polteageist Hazard Stack
:Spidops::Chien-Pao::Houndstone::Gholdengo::Great Tusk::Baxcalibur:- Isaiah's webs + Atha removed Iron Thorns because it's awful and replaced it with Baxcalibur
:Chien-Pao::Corviknight::Garchomp::Garganacl::Gholdengo::Iron Moth: - Atha's MGO Gholdengo + 3A Iron Moth Balance
:Scream Tail::Houndstone::Garchomp::Chien-Pao::Iron Moth::Sandy Shocks: - Isaiah's Lead Sandy Shocks Offense
:Iron Hands::Corviknight::Garchomp::Volcarona::Gholdengo::Barraskewda: - Jrdn's Scrappy Iron Hands Balance

Last edited:
:iron_hands::gholdengo::corviknight::ting-lu::iron_moth::great_tusk: Belly Drum Iron Hands Bulky Offense

This relies on a plethora of defensive Pokemon to check most threats in the current AAA meta, while not giving up on its ability to be threatening. Gholdengo can be disruptive with Choice Scarf + Trick, and can be a strong wallbreaker with Nasty Plot + Make it Rain. Ting-Lu checks Houndstone, while having great mixed bulk and providing great utility throughout a game with Spikes and Whirlwind, while keeping itself from being passive through the use of Ruination and Earthquake. Specially Defensive Iron Moth checks a plethora of special attacking threats, and its Desolate Land ability patches up the team's weakness to Water-type attacks while also boosting the power of Fiery Dance. It also helps the team wear down opponents through the us of Toxic Spikes. Corviknight and Great Tusk together provide plenty of hazard removal to keep the team healthy as well as being useful defensive tools. Iron Hands is a great late game sweeper with Belly Drum + Triage + Drain Punch.

cat

anemoia
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:baxcalibur: :polteageist: :great tusk: :iron hands: :dragonite: :cyclizar: Suicide Tusk Shed Tail Hyper Offense

Contrary to the team above me, this team has close to 0 defensive utility, barring the Polteageist switch-in to Triage :hatterene: and :iron hands:, Aerilate :dragonite: and many more. A sample "normal" game with this team would be the :great tusk: lead, setting up rocks and spinning away any placed on your side of the field, and when it finally drops :cyclizar: would be the next "normal" switch-in, with it either spinning away rocks that may have been left behind, or just passing a substitute to one of the swtup sweepers. This is of course, dependant on who your opponent has on their side of the field. Kingambit? Triage Belly Drum :iron hands: can be sent in. Maybe a :ting-lu: on the board? :cyclizar: into your pick will work. Triage :hatterene:? Aerilate :dragonite:? You know who to send in. :baxcalibur: is also an awesome mid-late game sweeper / cleaner, giving it a substitute for an easier setup time will always be appreciated. Of course, there are many ways to win against this team. Kingambit walls Polteagesit decently well, and if the :focus sash: is broken good luck setting up next time. The team also collapses against Triage :Hatterene: once the cup of tea drops, possibly being a gg for you. With the abundance of defensive mons, however, such as :corviknight: and :scream tail:, the better Kyurem will appreciate a Substitute from the lizard to setup. Granted, Pixilate jigglypuff-primal will Ohko Bax most of the time, but thats really just 1 set out of the many sets it has, and Pixilate isnt really that good rn.

Tldr: yknow the zorobox deck in PTCG? this team is smth like that, with it having different attackers to suit the occasion. this team will do very well with really good playing and switching, but without the predictions this team can lose too defensive teams that play very well.

Wanting to spread some love for one of my favorite hazard setters Froslass:froslass:

:sv/Froslass:
Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Ice Beam

It's pretty much an adaptation of lead Froslass that I've used plenty in SS/NatDex/SV Monotype formats, being a fast lead with taunt can shut down a lot of annoyances such as Ting-Lu :ting-lu:, Dragonite :dragonite:, Garchomp :garchomp:, Great Tusk :great-tusk: and others. Destiny Bond can force your opponent in a dangerous rock-papers-scissors game of letting you stack another hazard or get his mon taken out and if you know you're outsped (or facing a potential E-speed from :dragonite:) it really can put your opponent in a lose-lose situation, Toxic Debris punishes U-turn and pressures the opponent on how to dispose of Froslass. And it's ghost-typing ensures its an efficient spinblocker as it stacks further layers of spikes.
Ice Beam prevents it from becoming taunt bait and a few premier mons in the tier are either 2x or 4x weak to it, and in the case of :great-tusk: its a pretty severe weakness too as it has a very meager special bulk. Hex is a valid alternative however, especially considering the status spread that is bound to happen in matches thanks to Toxic Debris.

This has been my favorite lead in the tier that I've been pairing to reasonable success with Corrosion Toxapex :toxapex: and Merciless Gengar :gengar:, might make a detailed post on those sets and a few others later.

Figured I should post it here since I've yet to run into a mirror lead!

BlackKnight_Gawain

PUPL Champion
Pretty nice I got to test play one or two of these samples before they dropped here, and playing a few games since then and post-bans in general it's been a fun time trying out what I have but here's a little theorymon set I have after seeing how little Hands counterplay exists when it sets up, especially when people throw out Hands as a lead...

:sv/slowbro:

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Lightning Rod
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Psychic
- Slack Off
- Future Sight/Ice Beam

Obviously I don't see very many things surviving fully boosted Drain Punches or Thunder Punches, so I figured a bait set might help pressure or score a KO, especially on Triage BD sets. I was also thinking of Unaware as an option, but that still doesn't like taking Thunder Punch at all, but does a bit better with the Polteageists running around if you run Future Sight.

Thoughts on Slowbro defensive sets right now?

cat

anemoia
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Pretty nice I got to test play one or two of these samples before they dropped here, and playing a few games since then and post-bans in general it's been a fun time trying out what I have but here's a little theorymon set I have after seeing how little Hands counterplay exists when it sets up, especially when people throw out Hands as a lead...

:sv/slowbro:

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Lightning Rod
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Psychic
- Slack Off
- Future Sight/Ice Beam

Obviously I don't see very many things surviving fully boosted Drain Punches or Thunder Punches, so I figured a bait set might help pressure or score a KO, especially on Triage BD sets. I was also thinking of Unaware as an option, but that still doesn't like taking Thunder Punch at all, but does a bit better with the Polteageists running around if you run Future Sight.

Thoughts on Slowbro defensive sets right now?
i for sure have not seen any slowbro sets recently, and as for dedicated iron hands checks i would say maybe unaware :palossand: would be better, as most hands have dropped ice punch in favour of eq to hit non ee gholdens. regarding eq, iron hands either has a chance to ohko with eq max defense or have more than good odds to ohko with rocks out ( +6 252+ Atk Iron Hands Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 340-401 (86.2 - 101.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock) while psychic does 52-62% to iron hands, forcing it to drain punch the next turn. unaware max hp def impish palossand takes 32-42% from ice punch and does a minimum of 50% from earth power. in the long term palossand may be a dead weight but it does have a few tricks up its sleeve, namely rocks and destiny bond. on lead iron hands situations, it can be sent in and:
set up rocks t1
shore up until you live enough ice punches
earth power twice to kill iron hands or
destiny bond

once hands drops you can do destiny bond shenanigans to maybe get a double ko for the price of 1, or maybe sac it with curse over rocks.

sand castle wont fit on every team, but so will brooo

another simple check to iron hands is triage florges and mainly hatterene

Isaiah

UM/OM Leader
After getting thrashed by one of these while testing teams on a different account, I decided to build a team around "regular" Chien-Pao. Was able to go from ~1450 to the top of the ladder with it, so not bad in my book:
1675035298167.png

:sv/Chien-Pao::sv/Dondozo::sv/Ting-Lu::sv/Garganacl::sv/Scream Tail::sv/Corviknight:
Regular Chien-Pao is so powerful that it has more than enough damage output without swapping to some other ability, and then the rest of the team is just your standard fat mons. Note: Fluffy Dondozo isn't a Cinderace answer; don't be stupid like me and switch it in to take 83%. Water resist is /forfeit; use it wisely.

HEY. I don't know how to beat the stuff this loses to, either. If I did, my GXE would be 12039120391203% :P
I'm sure you can figure it out

Normal Type Vibe Check HO
[Elo Farm Team]
Houndstone can be replaced with any set up sweeper. Having Everything else dead prevents whirlwind. Beware Prankster + Destiny Bond.

:sv/spidops:
Spidops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 16 Def / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Memento
- Taunt
- Giga Drain

Web setter. You outspeed most hazard setters aside from garchomp. Fast Taunt prevents Corviknight from defogging.

If they lead Great Tusk don't bother clicking webs. lick Giga Drain first against tusk then click webs second. They are forced to either switch or keep spinning this way.

If Cinderace is the lead, click webs until you die. Cinderace has court change. Bring in Ting-Lu to taunt after.

:sv/Houndstone:
Houndstone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tinted Lens
Tera Type: Ghost
Jolly Nature
- Last Respects
- Play Rough
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch

Sweeper. Tinted lens let's this go unresisted. Tusk, Iron Hands, Corviknight have a chance to live. Ting-lu is garanteed 2-shot.

:sv/primeape:
Primeape @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Screen Cleaner
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Final Gambit
- Taunt
- Rage Fist

Rock Setter. If corviknight enters, taunt first then get up rocks. If Tusk comes in then final gambit immediately. If drifblim comes in, taunt. Rocky helmet is vital because Maushold genuinely walls and sweeps the entire team if you remove it.

:sv/ting-lu:
Ting-Lu @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Memento
- Throat Chop

Spike setter. Taunt any corviknight. You are immune to prankster defogs. Memento immediately on Tusk. If Skeledirge comes in, swap ting-lu in immediately and click throat chop till it dies or switches. If it switches, suicide everything before it reenters.

:sv/cryogonal:
Cryogonal @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 204 Atk / 48 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Rapid Spin

Self-explanatory. This always comes in the turn before dug trio simply to see if u can get up screens. This also comes in immediately after a suicide on tusk to click blizzard. If Cinderace enters on you, click rapid spin. Before exploding.

:sv/dugtrio:
GG (Dugtrio) @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
Tera Type: Ground
Jolly Nature
- Memento
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Final Gambit

Always the last to die before Houndstone enters to achieve maximum terrain turns. Memento on set up and if they have a ghost type. Final gambit on bully or hazard removal mons. This alone is typically an auto win against lots of teams considering majority of the time it goes unchallenged. Shuts down priority which lots of people rely on.

Last edited:
After getting thrashed by one of these while testing teams on a different account, I decided to build a team around "regular" Chien-Pao. Was able to go from ~1450 to the top of the ladder with it, so not bad in my book:
View attachment 487735

:sv/Chien-Pao::sv/Dondozo::sv/Ting-Lu::sv/Garganacl::sv/Scream Tail::sv/Corviknight:
Regular Chien-Pao is so powerful that it has more than enough damage output without swapping to some other ability, and then the rest of the team is just your standard fat mons. Note: Fluffy Dondozo isn't a Cinderace answer; don't be stupid like me and switch it in to take 83%. Water resist is /forfeit; use it wisely.

HEY. I don't know how to beat the stuff this loses to, either. If I did, my GXE would be 12039120391203% :P
I'm sure you can figure it out
:psysly:

- - -

introducing: the MANY sets of Chien-Pao

:Chien-Pao:Chien-Pao @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Spinner
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance

:Chien-Pao:vanilla ice (Chien-Pao) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Spinner
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance

EVs: 252 SpAtk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Crunch
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Dark Pulse

and now for some others

:Toedscruel: Squidward (Toedscruel) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Rapid Spin / Grass Knot / Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Toxic / Leech Seed

Funny Sandy counter with nigh endless utility, also preys on non EE Gholds, takes ~45% from scarf Steel Beam Ghold

:Spiritomb: Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Protect
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Unironically good unaware user that takes on the likes of the very popular Iron Hands, Baxcalibur, and the infamous Polteageist.

LordBox

you should love yourself... NOW!
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I haven't posted a team in a while huh. Well, while I wasn't planning to post or make any teams until after the second slate (Hands AND OPulse are both stupidly dumb...) I did end up making one HO team early on to play around with and its worked decently well for the whole 2 minutes of effort I put into it anyway so I thought I might as well share here.

1675072205110.png1675072214495.png1675072231308.png1675072247042.png1675072260345.png 1675072279390.png

Simple and very braindead, yet somehow still works a good 70% of the time. Setup screens with Corv and run with it, anti-lead if you've faced them on ladder before and know what they're going to do. Either this team will bulldoze you or fall kinda flat. Baxcalibur is an insanely powerful breaker and this Technician set (which I prefer now due to lack of LO recoil) even allows it break through fat Unaware mons which could other be annoying (252+ Atk Technician Baxcalibur Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Scream Tail: 260-315 (59.9 - 72.5%) -- approx. 2HKO after Leftovers recovery). Hands is, well, Hands. Houndstone + Surge Surfer allows it to clean up really well against a lot of weakened teams or just win from the get-go once you smash your teammates into the grave (Jolly was because I kept seeing Scarf Sandy Shocks) and performs well into annoying Unaware/Wisp walls and can easily sweep once your teammates are dead anyway. Polt adds an actual Special threat and performs well into annoying priority spammers like DNite and has won plenty of games on its own. Team is unoptimised so probably worth modifying as well, notably Wisp spammers like Skeleridge can prove really annoying in the short term if they lead as neither special mons want to switch in and neither do the fatter offensive mons, could also remove Hands with all the countermeasures against it (but still puts in plenty of work despite it) or get rid of Surge Surfer and substitute some other broken setup in there.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/fa59e9711e9fcc18

This is low ladder (1100-1250) cause I suck so please bear with me.

I wanted to do a rain team and with Greninja released recently it seems like a good mon to put swift swim on, especially since there's not really many good fast offensive waters right now. Also it deals with stuff like Armor Tail Polteageist that priority can't handle. Specs for max power. Chose Rotom as the rain setter so I won't need another electric and it checks sun Cinderace well even with spdef spread. Jugulis is there to spam hurricanes, tho I might swap to adaptability cause flinch and confuse are really useful against mons you can't kill fast. Hatterene to deal with Dragonite and Iron hands cause they're pretty much the bane of no prio offense teams. Corv to deal with Iron Moth, and Regen Tusk cause Regen Tusk. Dunno if I should make Rotom phys def and Corv spdef tho.

cat

anemoia
https://pokepast.es/fa59e9711e9fcc18

This is low ladder (1100-1250) cause I suck so please bear with me.

I wanted to do a rain team and with Greninja released recently it seems like a good mon to put swift swim on, especially since there's not really many good fast offensive waters right now. Also it deals with stuff like Armor Tail Polteageist that priority can't handle. Specs for max power. Chose Rotom as the rain setter so I won't need another electric and it checks sun Cinderace well even with spdef spread. Jugulis is there to spam hurricanes, tho I might swap to adaptability cause flinch and confuse are really useful against mons you can't kill fast. Hatterene to deal with Dragonite and Iron hands cause they're pretty much the bane of no prio offense teams. Corv to deal with Iron Moth, and Regen Tusk cause Regen Tusk. Dunno if I should make Rotom phys def and Corv spdef tho.
here to help (hopefully)
as a rain team, i would still prefer sflo greninja as my set and maybe kilowattrel as my second rain sweeper, dropping jugulis.

:psysly:

- - -

introducing: the MANY sets of Chien-Pao

Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Spinner
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance

:Chien-Pao:vanilla ice (Chien-Pao) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Spinner
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance

EVs: 252 SpAtk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Crunch
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Dark Pulse

and now for some others

:Toedscruel: Squidward (Toedscruel) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Rapid Spin / Grass Knot / Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Toxic / Leech Seed

Funny Sandy counter with nigh endless utility, also preys on non EE Gholds, takes ~45% from scarf Steel Beam Ghold

:Spiritomb: Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Protect
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Unironically good unaware user that takes on the likes of the very popular Iron Hands, Baxcalibur, and the infamous Polteageist.
speaking abt sflow, i have a few sflo(wers) for post home

:zoroark-hisui: (instruct):
Zoroark-Hisui @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower / Psychic / Sludge Bomb

Psychic hits pex (ig???), sbomb for florges and flamethrower hits corvi

baby hoopa :hoopa: :
Hoopa @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
just a standard sflo set, id prefer scarf hadron

agbl(:hoopa-unbound:) :
Hoopa @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt / Gunk Shot (with 4 atk evs and hasty)
gunk hits florges, thunderbolt 2hkos max spdef max hp vessel of ruin corvi.

remember how i mentioned hadron baby hoopa? i have provided more sets arranged from niche pick to broken when home comes out

anger shell :decidueye-hisui:
Decidueye-Hisui @ Life Orb
Ability: Anger Shell
Tera Type: Grass
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Arrows
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
get low, aim to sweep after that (do not use)

cancer (:sneasler:):
heheheha mf (Sneasler) @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
Tera Type: Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Dire Claw
- Swords Dance
- Night Slash
no explanation needed methinks

regenvest :samurott-hisui: :
Samurott-Hisui @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
Brave Nature
- Ceaseless Edge
- Liquidation
- Ice Beam
- Drill Run
come in a few times, set up spikes, regen a bit of health and repeat

mglo :typhlosion-hisui: (wip):
Typhlosion-Hisui @ Life Orb
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Infernal Parade
- Flamethrower
not really sure abt this set, samurott is prolly better

:electrode-hisui: :
Electrode-Hisui @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
Ability: Magic Guard / Hadron Engine
Tera Type: Electric
Timid Nature
- Chloroblast / Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Taunt / Explosion
- Thunderbolt
its a real set trust me

2 lando-t sets: regenvest and aerilate as a dnite replacement (foreshadowing real!!1!!!????!?!/??) (i didnt give any cos the 2 from last gen should be good enough)

the second best mon i cooked and might be a tad broken( :arcanine-hisui: ):
Arcanine-Hisui @ Life Orb
Tera Type: Fire
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Extreme Speed / Wild Charge
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
the :archeops: of gen 9, except slower and weaker by a bit BUT is bulkier and has a considerably worse type. who knows, maybe itll be fine. it looks ru compared to my next pokemon tho....

if my hoopa-u set was agbl, then the last mon is agblblblblblblblblbl..... :
Basculegion (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Jolly Nature
- Wave Crash
- Last Respects
- Crunch
- Aqua Jet
hitting 420 speed after a scarf, faster than the broken dog and stronger than it, with a good hp stat, and a second stab in wave crash to nail Ting-Lu, and having presence midgame if needed, this thing is broken x100000000000000.

thats all my home sets, enjoy the sets :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)