Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split
- Calm Mind

Firmly believe this is one of the best wincons in the tier. Very hard to take down once it gets even one CM up, and it's very hard to stop without Haze/Mold Breaker Pokemon. It's extremely potent into defensive and offensive teams, as it's hard to take down. It's also a great check to Fighting-types, as well as being great into a very scary HO sweeper, Belly Drum Triage Iron Hands.

Also, Merry Christmas.

Last edited:

LordBox

you should love yourself... NOW!
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Also gonna jump on this to pour my thoughts on the post-tera AAA meta since we've been given a bit of time to test out the waters.
1671990427496.png
1671990458860.png

FurScales is probably the most urgent thing in terms of deciding on the fate of with the immense effect it has on the meta while not universally being appreciated to say the least. With almost everything being influenced by these abilities, it's probably best to tell if we wish to have a FurScale meta or not before we start suspecting most mons. I don't think it's too bad in general on defensive mons and can be broken through without that much trouble and allows for meta with much higher power we definitely didn't have last gen, although FurScales on setup mons like Volc or Flutter presents a new problem all together and certainly wouldn't be possible or at least to the same degree with other defensive abilities.

1671990827102.png

If there is a mon worth suspecting before FurScales, it's most definitely this fairy bastard here. The most standard SFLO set surprisingly not turned out that bad with IceScales, although still quite powerful in its own right. However, with more time a variety of sets are popping up that definitely can pressure one when teambuilding to say the least. Hadron Engine/MBreaker Specs, Dazzling Scarf or even FC Painsplit CM all providing different solutions and answers which some consider overbearing (see above post).

1671991156666.png

Another mon that might just be too much, even with FurScales around. With FurScales dominating one side of the spectrum, mixed attackers have come to shine and Iron Valiant is next none in that category. Being able to break Fur Coaters and Ice Scale mons alike by hitting the other side of the spectrum hard, it definitely is quite hard to account for when building defensive cores. While it does have a standard set, there is also quite a lot of variety to consider as well that can surprise even usual answers. IceScales Florges/Specially Defensive Screamtail? PJab! Bulky Gholdengo? SBall/Knock! It can even run Scarf Trick sets among other things and might just be too overbearing to account for defensively for some.

1671991415314.png

Ever since the Tera ban, it's been surprisingly not that bad. Probably doesn't need a ban, although you still definitely need to be wary as it can still overwhelm special walls with Flip Turn chip and is still very annoying to account for, even if you just need to stuff a DesoLand sometimes. Still should be on the watchlist imo.

1671991602188.png

Don't think this is a suspect worthy mon, in fact I'd believe more that it's kinda holding a lot of the meta together with its utility, although not on the same level of Corv. I haven't found it anywhere close to overbearing to account for while just generally being useful but not anything broken when using it myself. The only one which fits this description is Stakeout, but that comes with its own bag of problems and isn't OP imo, although the predictions it can force may be considered unhealthy.

1671991753734.png

Why do people want to ban this again?? Maybe I run defensive Iron Hands too much but I've never found this overbearing to account for defensively and is just decent all around. Various Fur Coaters can handle it like Iron Hands, SlitherWing and Hippowdown and defensive Regen/Immunity variants are nice but nothing special.

1671991889385.png

Again, I don't think this is banworthy. I've found at least defensive variants aren't hard to account for while offensive can apply a lot of pressure, has a very clear and prominent weakness in prominent mons like Pult, Mane and Gholdengo and can also be beaten by the likes of Whirlwind FC Hippowdown/Iron Hands. Scouting the set can be annoying but often assuming offensive wont get you punished majority of the time in my experience.

1671992076384.png

Not really overwhelming to account for either, but still a powerful presence. Whether this mon remains imo is up to whether FurScales stays or not, if it does then I doubt DNite should be suspected or banned with how it clunks into all manners of FC mons. Mixed sets can be annoying to deal with but are rare and usually let something else check DNite.

1671992214914.png

Same case as with DNite imo. Powerful, but not overwhelming to account for. Variety of IceScale mons can handle most sets, although does pack a bit of variety which can be annoying to scout. Maybe higher than DNite but I don't think that suspect worthy.

1671992352809.png

Good as Gold is super annoying to play against and account for, but this is just clear personal bias. Probably not suspect worthy with the more pressing matters or at all. Spin Tusk remains a prominent and good option against these teams but can be annoying to fit at times with SAC, at least for me.

1671992497882.png

I remember a few calling for a Shed Tail suspect a while ago but playing with it and against it, imo it probably isn't suspect worthy. Good players can easily play around it since it's obvious and braindead. It can be annoying with good play against passive mons but generally most of the time all it can do is get a free switch and imo screens is better.

1671992722005.png

Immensely versatile and annoying to play against, although none of the sets are really that overbearing. The main issue is just scouting the set and sometimes it can exploit and get value out of that alone, maybe in the future in a post FurScales meta could be suspect worthy but generally right now just a good versatile mon.

And also, Merry Christmas! (Although it's no longer Christmas here...)

Last edited:
Have I done this yet?

https://pokepast.es/5c35b3eb36b98e45

Beads of Ruin Iron Valiant is the same idea as Sword of Ruin, but instead running a full special set. It can OHKO or 2HKO a lot of non-Ice Scales mons, It relies mostly on Focus Blast sheer power to do the most damage posible, but it can miss 30% of the time that makes it get punished by anything. Well-Baked Body gives Forretress immunity to fire moves while also giving +2 Defense and laying Stealth Rock, Toedscruel with Thick Fat reduces damage from its common weaknesses to Fire and Ice, it makes up for setting spikes. Galvanize gives Iron Hands a STAB with Fake Out. Protean Barraskewda can get some surprise KOs with its Life Orb boosted STAB moves (since that ability only actives once per switch).

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader
Since I made it really close to the top of the ladder with this team (don't feel like grinding those remaining points to top it) and I felt it was ready to have a post about it.
b31cae0873ce53ff1825b2cb7e6956ef.png

Win ratio ain't the best, mostly because this alt began with me testing a bunch of silly stuff like Fur Coat Chien-Pao... but I digress, the team is as follows: :Flutter Mane: :Iron Valiant: :Clodsire: :Corviknight: :Gholdengo: :Iron Moth:

Pokepaste of team here!

EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Pain Split

Utterly stupid, and strong... Sets up on things it has no right to setup on, takes hits from things it shouldn't, and is faster then 90% of the metagame. Will be banned soontm.

Iron Valiant @ Life Orb
Ability: Stakeout
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 48 Atk / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Shadow Sneak
- Moonblast

Another Stupid pokemon, coupled with a stupid ability, with a bit of perdiction (not even hard perdicts) you will annihilate something that switches in, or when in doubt click Knock Off, you win either way.

Clodsire @ Black Sludge
Ability: Ice Scales
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Recover

Tanks virtually every single special attacker but gets destroyed by mixed and physical attackers. Harass targets and switch-ins with toxic and setup Stealth Rocks, use the obvious Corviknight bait that it is to make plays.

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Fluffy
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Staple glue of AAA, wit fluffy this time so avoid fire attacks like the plague, but as a whole operates as your physical switch-in, pivot, and defogger.

Gholdengo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Well-Baked Body
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain
- Nasty Plot
- Trick

Easy to bluff multiple different sets with Gholdengo, hiding the fact it is scarf by forcing switches, outspeeds entire unboosted metagame and destroys defensive play through Trick and Nasty Plot.

Iron Moth @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Desolate Land
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Toxic Spikes
- U-turn
- Morning Sun

Dedicated Iron Bundle switchin, keep healthy when versus it. Also acts as pivot and harasser with Toxic Spikes.

Game plan when using this team is quite simple, abuse Stakeout Iron Valiant early in the game to deal massive damage to the opposing team, keeping your momentum through your two pivots and finally ending the game by setting up with FC Flutter. At opportune times set up hazards, not for the damage they deal but how they force your opponent to make plays to rid the field of them and thus create more opportunities for both Iron Valiant and Flutter Mane to do their work.

Last edited:
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Fur Coat
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Seismic Toss

Is this too evil
honestly, doesn't seem too great. chansey is decent, but substitute on it seems odd. you'll be taking about 30% from a lot of physical hits, so you just kinda waste a turn, and you can't do much once a sub is up. i'd swap sub for something like rocks.

cat

anemoia
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Have I done this yet?

Beads of Ruin Iron Valiant is the same idea as Sword of Ruin, but instead running a full special set. It can OHKO or 2HKO a lot of non-Ice Scales mons, It relies mostly on Focus Blast sheer power to do the most damage posible, but it can miss 30% of the time that makes it get punished by anything. Well-Baked Body gives Forretress immunity to fire moves while also giving +2 Defense and laying Stealth Rock, Toedscruel with Thick Fat reduces damage from its common weaknesses to Fire and Ice, it makes up for setting spikes. Galvanize gives Iron Hands a STAB with Fake Out. Protean Barraskewda can get some surprise KOs with its Life Orb boosted STAB moves (since that ability only actives once per switch).
sigh... where do i begin

lets start with the forretress. why are you using forretress.
using an offensive set on a really good fc / regen mon... opporturnity cost much?
valiant seems ok but like sf exists
toedscruel
barraskewda is pretty trash this gen. at most use primsea
armarouge is armarouge
you seem to have no switchin to tusk, dnite, flutter, bundle at all

So I dunno if this is the right place to post this but have any yall noticed Hadron Engine and Orichalcum Pulse don't increase their respective attacking stat on pokemon other than Miraidon and Koriadon? Is this intentional or a bug and is this cartridge accurate?

UT

Come one come all, it's happening again
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
So I dunno if this is the right place to post this but have any yall noticed Hadron Engine and Orichalcum Pulse don't increase their respective attacking stat on pokemon other than Miraidon and Koriadon? Is this intentional or a bug and is this cartridge accurate?
They are correctly boosting Attack and Special Attack on other mons on PS!—what are you seeing that makes you think they are not?

Have I done this yet?

First and foremost, this team has absolutely no counterplay to hazards; no Rapid Spin/Defog, no Heavy Duty Boots, no Regenerator, etc. If your opponent sets a layer of spikes against you, it's just a matter of them dancing around you until you succumb to hazard chip. Secondly, as mentioned by Natcrozma, you lack a good switchin to offensive threats in general. If something like Flutter Mane or Iron Bundle finds its way into Forretress or Toadscruel, you will almost certainly lose a team member. This inability to deal with offensive pressure is compounded further by the team's vulnerability to hazards. Thirdly, though Valiant, Barraskewda, and Armarouge can threaten frail attackers decently, bulkier foes can deal with the team's offense with relative ease; physical walls like Iron Hands, Garganacl, Scream Tail, and Great Tusk can eat a hit from Barraskewda and deal upwards of 50% in return. Corviknight, the meta's most used mon, couldn't give a lick about anything Valiant can throw at it and can eat an Armor Cannon from Armarouge and switch to something like PSea Iron Bundle or specially defensive Iron Moth.

There's also a few suboptimalities to be found: Barraskewda doesn't really need the extra power on its coverage and doesn't really care about a choice lock. Likewise, it really could use extra power on Liquidation to break through Iron Hands and other physical, and really hates Life Orb chip cutting off any late game utility. As such, it would benefit greatly from PSea > Protean and Choice Band > Life Orb. Regarding Iron Valiant, Close Combat's 100% accuracy and status as a physical attack is generally more useful than Focus Blast's extra power; anything that Focus Blast can deal with and Close Combat can't is hit by one of Moonblast and Thunderbolt, and being able to hit Ice Scales walls for meaningful damage is a significant enough boon. Additionally, Sheer Force is a direct upgrade over Beads of Ruin in this instance, so make sure to make that change. Armarouge doesn't really get anything out of running Energy Ball and Shadow Ball and would prefer to run stuff like Trick, Focus Blast, Will-O-Wisp, and Destiny Bond.

To summarize our key issues, the team struggles with handling entry hazards, offensive pressure, and defensive cores. One of Forretress and Toadscruel can be replaced with Corviknight to introduce a reliable special wall and hazard remover to the team. The remaining one can be replaced with something like Hippowdon or Great Tusk to set Stealth Rock and deal with physical attackers. Galvanize Iron Hands is, in addition to being an atrocity, is fairly redundant when we already have two Scarfers; Iron Hands should either be removed outright or given Fur Coat or Regenerator to let it serve a defensive role. Barraskewda, even with the aforementioned optimizations, is ultimately still pretty meh; Iron Bundle is generally a better alternative. Iron Valiant and Armarouge have a lot of overlap as powerful revenge killers. I would replace one of the two with an offensive pivot like Dragapult or Roaring Moon.

:iron valiant::corviknight::roaring moon::iron bundle::hippowdon::iron moth:
Here's a revised version that I cooked up. Iron Valiant wasn't doing much with Scarf, and revenge killers were in abundance with Roaring Moon and Iron Bundle. As such, I changed it to Life Orb to help it muscle through bulkier foes. Iron Moth is here to help round out the defensive core and support Iron Valiant and company with Toxic Spikes.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9almostanyability-1755688505
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9almostanyability-1755449313-wesdis0oqfl4toao1cgnh2619qykbelpw

Last edited:

LordBox

is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ban (or suspect) Fluttermane!

1672227600197.png

Fluttermane has been a contentious and very strong mon since the beginning of SV AAA, a mon which has to always be factored in a teambuilder with 1 or 2 dedicated checks usually and already banworthy or borderline for some since the beginning. Fluttermane has been managed to be kept from being unanimously banworthy mainly through the introduction of IceScale mons who can check its most common set (SFLO) fairly comfortably, however as the meta develops more sets have been popularized that let Fluttermane circumvent common checks. Hadron Engine/Mold Breaker Specs can allow Flutter to break through common IceScale checks although is limited by offensive counterplay and Specs move-lock while Dazzling Scarf allows for Flutter to flip the script against usual offensive revenge-killers like Dragapult/Dragonite, being limited by its poor matchup into defensive IceScale mons. Now with the popularization of FurCoat Fluttermane, imo it has really become too much to account for in the teambuilder.

For what FurCoat Fluttermane does, Giagantic summarizes it pretty well. "Sets up on things it has no right to setup on, takes hits from things it shouldn't, and is faster then 90% of the metagame." It's able to PainSplit and CM up on both IceScales Garg and Corv who should otherwise pretty comfortably at least check all Fluttermane sets, even the Specs Hadron/Moldy can be played around given it's choice-locked nature. Offensive mons who should always be able to comfortably revenge kill suddenly need chunks of HP taken off or risk getting OHKO'd back (252+ Atk Choice Band Aerilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Flutter Mane: 136-162 (54.1 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery) which can be annoying to get with how fast Fluttermane is. I even ran max HP/defense once to soak chip from defensive mons and then more comfortably handle a revenge killer, and I even saw a Kasib Berry variant which can troll other revenge killers in Pult/Ceruledge more comfortably. Even a team with two fairly solid Fluttermane checks (DNite and Corv), I can still get rolled by FurCoat Flutter (although I dont have replays).

Now this set alone probably wouldn't be enough to be banworthy. It does have a high opportunity cost in using Fur Coat, and there is still some counterplay like chipping and revenge-killing, nuking it on the special side before it can get CM up or dedicated special checks like Scales Clodsire. Isaiah made a good point in waiting to see how FC Flutter plays out in the long run to see how truly good it is and with more people realizing how annoying this set is and acting wiser around it, it could fall off a bit in the future. However, Fluttermane was already a very strong mon before and this set adds even more variety and pressure when teambuilding around it. SonOfDusk already talks about it in his post, but this variety and power is kinda stupid. It was annoying to account for the previous 3 Fluttermane sets which can have different answers but this is now further compounded by FurCoat which can completely beat common checks who you could try to rely on and this is just too much imo. Usually forcing at this point 2 solid checks or a really strong answer like Clodsire (although still can be beaten by more uncommon Hadron/Moldy Specs variants), which isn't bad but forcing something like this is dumb.

TL;DR FurCoat mane is dumb and can beat common checks and adds more variety to an already very powerful mon which already had an annoying amount of variety which puts too much pressure when teambuilding, imo.

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
Flutter Mane is now [quick] banned!
:sv/Flutter Mane:

The council vote was a unanimous 6-0, so Flutter Mane is now banned from AAA. As for why, Flutter Mane was simply too capable of undermining foes with its set variability. It was able to opt for immediate power with Mold Breaker, Sheer Force, and Hadron Engine sets, OHKOing or 2HKOing most neutral targets, and even dedicated switch-ins like Ice Scales Corviknight and Clodsire were susceptible to being overwhelmed by coverage moves like Thunderbolt and Psyshock, respectively, after minor chip. Fur Coat transformed Flutter Mane into a potential bulky setup wincon when armed with Moonblast / Shadow Ball / Calm Mind / Pain Split, making it able to win the one-vs-one against would-be counters like Ice Scales Corviknight and fairly easily tank attacks it would otherwise fear from powerful foes like Great Tusk, Dragonite, and Gholdengo. Queenly Majesty was even an option to deal with offensive priority from the likes Dragonite and Baxcalibur. In essence, Flutter Mane's propensity for leveraging its Speed, power, coverage moves, and strong utility options like Pain Split, Taunt, and Substitute to defeat even extreme special walls like Ice Scales Shadow Ball Blissey makes it too much of a threat to the metagame.

We'll probably also be putting out a tiering survey and opening up sample team submissions at some point in the next few days, so stay tuned!

Tagging Kris and Marty for implementation

Last edited:

cat

anemoia
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
ill break the ice with what i think will be better now. (looks at the high-ranked vr and sees that everything except garganacl, corvi and iron moth was weak to its stabs, and corvi dying to coverage)

personally i think that the 2 other ghosts will rise in usage (gholdengo and dragapult) pult can essentially run the same ability as flutter could, sflo can still be checked by corvi (banned in ss for this set), however hadron engine might prove itself soon enough. however its mixed sflo can threaten clodsire with sflo boosted dragon rush.

gholdengo however, is what im really excited about. it checks many Pokemon naturally with its typing, with a list of: iron valiant and slither wing notably, and with an absorbing ability like earth eater or personally my favourite well-baked, checks more threats. fur coat is also usable as a less matchup-reliant pick. earth eater checks ddance + roost dnite, with coverage usually either eq or fire punch, which is also walled by well-baked body. earth eater helps to let it switch in on both of great tusk's stabs, but must be careful of a knock off from a stray tusk that could have stakeout. well-baked body lets it check many dangerous fire types like iron moth and volcarona, with both stabs not touching gholdengo in the slightest nor having the coverage to deal with it. well-baked body variants can even switch in on these fire types quite well.

these are my picks for the pokemon with increased viability, if not most, as a huge ghost threat has been successfully disarmed by the bomb squad known as the aaa council.

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader
Okay, I know I posted a team recently but that team has been made kinda moot with the recent Flutter Mane ban and thus have re-tooled the team and thus present to you all! .

On The Stakeout 2.0
:Iron Valiant: :Corviknight: :Gholdengo: :Iron Moth: :Garganacl: :Iron Treads:
Link to Pokepaste Here!

Cinderace Proof Version of Team Here!

I made it the top 10 on the ladder with this team:
top 10.png

This team can also be used as a sample if the council is fine with it

The core of the team is very similar to the previous entry but instead several changes have been made to better cope with the various threats of the metagame as the team doesn't have the OP Fur Coat Flutter Mane to lift it's weight.

:Iron Valiant:
The EV's are meant to outspeed 110's and re-investing the spare points into attack. Once again, the only downside to doing this is knowing you lose a 50/50 with another Iron Valiant which isn't much of a downside, in my honest opinion, just means you don't feel the urge to gamble. Iron Valiant is the core of the team, and with proper smart predictions you should be able to erase several pokemon from the opposing team, or at the very least... lay out some serious pain.

:Corviknight:
I prefer Fur Coat Corviknight as it is a great check to aerialate Dragonite and other physical threats, does a great job of chipping away at pivots, and isn't prone to being blown up from the physical side by Iron Valiant (it will blow up from the special side if it carries coverage like Thunderbolt).

:Gholdengo:
Changed to Earth Eater to patch up the teams glaring ground weakness and made it physically bulky and scarfless. Operates as would most Gholdengo sets aka, setup on things, and then break them. You can play around quite a bit with the opponent by bluffing abilities though be careful some opponents are good at suspecting what you are using and playing well. The EV's are to outspeed base 50 pokemon, namely Iron Hands. If the newly released Cinderace becomes a problem, change this back to Well-Baked Body.

:Iron Moth:
Exactly the same as the previous team and as such make sure to keep it healthy, lay hazards to pressure opposing team, play around with switches when faced with an Iron Bundle, and pivot a plenty.

:Garganacl:
Ice Scales Garganacl is the new addition and operates as a replacement for Ice Scales Clodsire. The difference is that Garganacl is both a tank for special attacks and a bulky setup sweeper with Curse and Earthquake. Curse gives you some additional bulk to withstand threats and Earthquake lets you break the Subs of non-Fur Coat defensive Gholdengo, though be cautioned Fur Coat Variants would need a lot of setup to break with Garganacl and is best left for another member to pressure.

:Iron Treads:
The second new member is Iron Treads but unlike normal is being run as a non-regen set with Well-Baked Body, the reason being that Iron Treads is your Fire type check able to switch into many of the Fire types and threaten them out, or at the very least play mind-games with your opponent. It is also your SR setter and final pivot to ensure you are able to keep momentum up. The Ev's are to outspeed Great Tusk with the leftovers being thrown into special defense so it can take resisted special hits better. If Cinderace becomes a problem, change this to Earth Eater or swap for Regenerator Great Tusk.

The team operates very similarly to previously, it all comes down to keeping up momentum and getting Iron Valiant in as many times as possible without killing it and then making some semi-decent predictions to break down the opposing team.

Last edited:

UT

Come one come all, it's happening again
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
:sv/Cinderace:
Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Super Fang / Will-O-Wisp / Swords Dance

Boots + Orichalcum Pulse is basically if MGLO Cinderace still had Desolate Land. Sure, it can’t switch into PSea, but it has dumb power. The meta is also a lot faster, and of course Fur Coat exists, but that doesn’t stop it from being a U-turn bot.

Other worthwhile options could include Sucker Punch, Choice Band, Taunt, and Court Change. Maybe MGLO to allow for Flare Blitz and that sweet 24 PP, or DLand to check PSea.

Also Libero Cinderace is legal. Probably not good, but that’s funny.

LordBox

It's only been like 9 hours but since no one has posted any teams with Ace, I'll just post two fairly generic teams (they literally have the exact same mons) that integrate Ace into it fairly well and kept me afloat at 1500-1600 so surely they're worth something.

1672481977097.png1672482005676.png1672482026464.png1672482052921.png1672482066489.png1672482091132.png(variant 1) https://pokepast.es/b3263474bc9e7fb5 (variant 2)
Variant 1 look familiar? Well it's because it is! I was more interested in banded Ace over HDB/LO initially and I wanted to test it quickly so I looked at my previous archetypes and I just slapped CB Ace over SlitherWing and started spamming pivot again. Work decently well, its generic-ness is probably what holds it back, CB Ace getting much more power in comparison to SlitherWing, although I'm not sure if it's better with lack of First Impression + everyone and their mother is slapping WBB Ghold on their teams now. Could try LO SD, Bulk Up Corv is to make sure I dont get rolled by Sub WBB Gholdengo (credit to Isaiah for the recommendation) and eh RegenTusk is reliable enough to spin, although hazards are still annoying as you need to remove them. WBB Ghold is probably most replaceable but it finds good usage to handle Fire-types for Corv and is an offensive nuisance with Sub NP.

Variant 2 may have the same mons but is different (slightly). The difference comes in Ace taking a more backseat role as an offensive mon mainly used to pivot out and support with Court Change while still being fairly threatening offensively (MGLO might also be an option) while CB Tusk is here as the main breaker (Stakeout or Moldy is fine, I'm just using Moldy to more reliably fry Fur Coat mons for Ace). Court Change as your only form of hazard control is a bit annoying though so perhaps fitting Spin/Defog is an option. I also feel DNite belongs in this team... somewhere although idk how you would fit it.

Overall with the limited time I've had with Ace, pretty cool mon with good offensive prowess and decent overall utility as well. Mainly limited by immunities though and Fur Coaters can be annoying to break through depending on the set. I am exactly one game against WBB Gholdengo away from pulling out Scrappy Cinderace (yes I know this includes me, but I was using it before it was cool I swear). Upcoming tier changes should be cool as well and home is something I'm eagerly awaiting so I can abuse the likes of Urshifu and Ursulana, RIP Azelf though.

(Also, somebody please help me make creative teams I keep using the same structure and mons and over again)

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
OM Leader
What do you think about this team?

https://pokepast.es/9d3a24696c2f0c0e

I updated it for more complexibility.
Several problems with your team, the biggest of which is you using Floatzel, there isn't much of a reason to use this pokemon in AAA as it has relatively low attack and speed compared barraskewda and not much more bulk. Compared to other waters, like Quaquaval it is outclassed in everyway from typing to offensive presence and only loses in terms of speed and if you really want a fast taunter there are much better options like Iron Bundle. Not sure the reason for using Floatzel outside of novelty but even in this regard there isn't much unique about this Pokemon.

Another issue is your Tauros for Water Absorb is outclassed by Desolate Land as that grants immunity to Water while up and boosts fire moves under sun. The moveset in general is inferior to Great Tusk Bulk Up sets in every way and doesn't really add anything new. I think a better Bulk Up set would be as follows:

Tauros-Paldea-Fire (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Desolate Land
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Raging Bull
- Body Press
- Earthquake / Will-O-Wisp
- Bulk Up

The EV's let you outspeed Great Tusk though you will still lose to most without substantial boosts, and Earthquake is a very viable choice over Wisp so you can actually hit Pokemon like Well Baked Body Gholdengo which is becoming significantly more popular as time passes. As a whole, I think the set is still somewhat flawed and inferior to Great Tusk but these changes make more sense in my mind.

Finally, run Close Combat over Focus Blast on Iron Valiant, the things that wall you will still wall you (Ice Scale Sets) whether you are using Focus Blast or Moonblast, instead just run Close Combat and you will be able to pressure Ice Scale Corviknight's without relying on an inconsistent move that's earned the moniker "Focus Miss".

In closing I think the team needs a lot of work even if you implement my suggestions, many of the meta Pokemon will run over this team quite easily such as Dragapult as you lack a good special tank.

Houndstone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Supreme Overlord
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Last Respects
- Body Press

heheheheheheheh

Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
Houndstone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Supreme Overlord
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Last Respects
- Body Press

heheheheheheheh
Houndstone has a lot of issue that make it hard to use. While supreme overlord and last respects will hit hard, it doesn’t change that fact that it relies on losing the rest of your team. In addition houndstone also has Poor physical bulk and still is outsped by iron bundle and dragapult, 2 very common offensive Pokémon. Overall while the set you posted would work under I deal circumstance, it has too many flaws to consistently work

Houndstone has a lot of issue that make it hard to use. While supreme overlord and last respects will hit hard, it doesn’t change that fact that it relies on losing the rest of your team. In addition houndstone also has Poor physical bulk and still is outsped by iron bundle and dragapult, 2 very common offensive Pokémon. Overall while the set you posted would work under I deal circumstance, it has too many flaws to consistently work
Sticky web, also i know i lose a lot

cat

anemoia
Sticky web, also i know i lose a lot
dont use webs. period. houndstone is kinda dead weight against common mons like aerilate dnite, other scarfers, and furcoat garganacl 252+ Atk Choice Band Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Houndstone Last Respects vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Garganacl: 304-358 (75.2 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery which is kinda uhh cracked.

speaking of which, fur coat garganacl is unbreakable. literally. im gonna try to run a stall team in aaa (what am i on? what am i cooking?) and lets see how many people will ragequit (probably none)

dont use webs. period. houndstone is kinda dead weight against common mons like aerilate dnite, other scarfers, and furcoat garganacl 252+ Atk Choice Band Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Houndstone Last Respects vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Garganacl: 304-358 (75.2 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery which is kinda uhh cracked.

speaking of which, fur coat garganacl is unbreakable. literally. im gonna try to run a stall team in aaa (what am i on? what am i cooking?) and lets see how many people will ragequit (probably none)
NAT NOOOO

also teambomb time

:Corviknight: :Iron_Bundle: :Hatterene: :Ting-Lu: :Great_Tusk: :Iron_Moth:
https://pokepast.es/39faa757079e0f7e

can replace bundle/tusk for fc garg and give hatt stamina if desired

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)