Other Almost Any Ability -- Stall, stall, stall...

Whaddup bitches this is my first AAA RMT, currently sitting at about 1350 because hardly anybody actually ladders with AAA and it takes fucken forever to get anywhere. Without further ado, the team:

Mm sexy lineup yes?

Skidmark (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Burd
- Taunt/Defog
- Roost

Typical skarm, with a gale wings. Don't hate on this shit, as without it, Magic Guard Volcarona steamrolls the rest of the team. Priority roost is also hella fine to have, and saves many an ass with yo health is just that low. Burd > Counter as it's less situational and dat priority... also noice check to birdspam since nobody uses talonflame anymore.

Cancer (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Wish /Seismic Toss
- Hard-Boiled

Y'all know what this shit does -- keeps shit alive and doesn't die. Want to status? Too fucken bad. Chansey 2.0, super-duper cleric that laughs in your face and gives you cancer.

Sharkeisha (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Unaware CroCune, S-Rankin' threat, hella fine setup sweeper, scald shit, don't die. Unless offensive electrics and defensive grasses (fuck you ferrothorn) have been cleared out tho it can be hard to set up. Don't worry bout it tho, as other shit handles it just fine.

Stankeye (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 216 Def
248 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

HP Fire Cresselia and Scarf ErupTran were givin me woes, so here's a stop to em both. Switch in, setup, wreck shit. Got SR EVs, rest in bulk n attack however I felt like it at the time of its inception (was for somthing specific but I forget what).
Edit: EVs as you can see have been slightly altered to speed creep uninvested Umbreon, as being locked into a speed tie pre-mega evo with the chance of being KOd by Foul Play sucks total ass. This fixes that issue and keeps the ass-sucking to a minimum.
Best if Bishart is out of the way tho, so enter this guy here:

Barry (Breloom) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
4 HP / 252 SDef / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Spore
- Drain Punch
- Leech Seed

The bebe jeezuz of this team, literally the only thing holding it together. Priority Spore is the king of all panic buttons, good for handlin fast offensive shit and CroCune, which I can stall out with this set. Max speed + Jolly nature cuz ya gotta go fast in this meta. Total Taunt bait by faster prankster shit though, so watch out (see: Mew)
Edit: The same gentleman you see get in the replay below got his sweet revenge a few rounds later, killing off my frail-ass Loom with only a +1 scald, and that shit just ain't gonna fly. Still 2HKOs sdef Um-bre-awn after SR damage so really ain't losin much, drang punch was more of a filler move anyway

Cofgt (Cofagrigus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Miss
- Shadow Ball
- Haze
- Pain Split

Fuck yo gengar. Fuck yo offensive switch ins. I wall errything. After a will-o good luck touching this bad boy. Standard LO Sheer Force Gengar literally can't touch this shit bar Sludge Wave, which does jack shit anway. Haze for dealing with Sleepy Suicy whilst slippn, pain split to abuse dat low HP, Shadow Ball for spamming whenever.

That's the team, here's an importable:

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

Breloom @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SDef / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Spore
- Drain Punch
- Leech Seed

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Haze
- Pain Split

Also, sidenote, I'm pretty content with the team as is and not likely to make any changes, but if you have an idea that is just total sex and I cannot live w/out, I will make said changes in red. Kthx​

Last edited:
Hey there! Nice team, but here's a few things I'd like to suggest.

First of all, poison heal users beat a lot of your team. Chansey can't touch poison healers, Breloom can't spore them, Cofagrigus can't wisp them and uninvested Shadow Balls won't do much to deter the passive recovery. Your Skarmory can't phaze them, your Suicune might be able to stall them a bit, but when a crit comes it's all over. Mega Scizor can't really do much either; your low attack investment and low base power moves won't deal a lot of damage. I suggest replacing one of your walls with a trapper with worry seed or skill swap or something so you can trap and take down poison healers easily. Mew is a pretty bulky pokemon with access to block, worry seed, and reliable recovery so it could be a good option.

Special attackers with a way to get around toxic are also pretty big threats since most of your team is more defensively inclined, and your only special wall is complete taunt and substitute bait. I suggest replacing wish with seismic toss so Chansey isn't complete substitute and taunt bait.

Life orb sheer force Thundorous I can also be a pretty big threat to your team. It can OHKO skarmory and suicune without much trouble, and Chansey has a pretty good chance of being OHKOed by focus blast after +2 and a bit of residual damage.

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Thundurus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 549-647 (77.9 - 91.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Cofagrigus gets OHKOed by thunderbolt after +2.
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cofagrigus: 337-398 (105.3 - 124.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If the opponent lets you put something else to sleep, then Breloom can't do anything either, aside from sacking it just to get a leech side on Thundy.

Mega Scizor gets OHKOed at +2 and bullet punch won't do anything on a resisted hit, especially with such low attack investment.

Having a good fast late game sweeper to clean up after your team has weakened the opposing team could help finish off matches and check Thundy as well. Good late game sweepers include Scarfed Moxie users like Terrakion or Banded Gale wings users (Banded Staraptor can OHKO thundy with just a bit of prior damage).

You also lack a way to get hazards off of your side of the field, which is a big problem since letting hazards stay on your side on the field could put some of your walls in range of OHKOs and 2HKOs (like Chansey to Thundurous I's +2 life orb sheer force Focus Blast). I suggest replacing taunt with defog on Skarmory.

But aside from all that, I think you have a solid stall team with great potential. I wish you luck in your future battles!

EDIT: Your Breloom's EVs seem to be kinda funky; here's an EV spread that I suggest after I played around on the calculator a bit.

252 Atk/ 196 Def/ 56 SpD/ 4 Spe with Adamant Nature.
The defense EVs allow Breloom's sub to not be broken by a no STAB Foul Play.
0- Atk Klefki Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 196 Def Breloom: 55-65 (21 - 24.9%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
The SpD EVs allow Breloom's sub to not be broken by Suicune's scald.
4 SpA Suicune Scald vs. 0 HP / 56 SpD Breloom: 54-65 (20.6 - 24.9%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
The 4 Spe EVs help you win speed ties against other Brelooms if they aren't running any speed.
The rest is dumped into attack to make Breloom hit as hard as possible (I suggest running Focus Punch over Drain Punch, sub gives Breloom many opportunities to use it and the extra base power is really good).
If you want to outspeed neutral speed Mega Scizor, then you can move 40 EVs from defense into speed (need 44 total to get the speed creep).
If you want to outspeed neutral speed Prankster Mew, then you can move 196 EVs from defense and 44 EVs from attack into speed (need 244 total to get the speed creep).

Last edited:
Hey there! Nice team, but here's a few things I'd like to suggest.

First of all, poison heal users beat a lot of your team. Chansey can't touch poison healers, Breloom can't spore them, Cofagrigus can't wisp them and uninvested Shadow Balls won't do much to deter the passive recovery. Your Skarmory can't phaze them, your Suicune might be able to stall them a bit, but when a crit comes it's all over. Mega Scizor can't really do much either; your low attack investment and low base power moves won't deal a lot of damage. I suggest replacing one of your walls with a trapper with worry seed or skill swap or something so you can trap and take down poison healers easily. Mew is a pretty bulky pokemon with access to block, worry seed, and reliable recovery so it could be a good option.

Special attackers with a way to get around toxic are also pretty big threats since most of your team is more defensively inclined, and your only special wall is complete taunt and substitute bait. I suggest replacing wish with seismic toss so Chansey isn't complete substitute and taunt bait.

Life orb sheer force Thundorous I can also be a pretty big threat to your team. It can OHKO skarmory and suicune without much trouble, and Chansey has a pretty good chance of being OHKOed by focus blast after +2 and a bit of residual damage.

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Thundurus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 549-647 (77.9 - 91.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Cofagrigus gets OHKOed by thunderbolt after +2.
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cofagrigus: 337-398 (105.3 - 124.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If the opponent lets you put something else to sleep, then Breloom can't do anything either, aside from sacking it just to get a leech side on Thundy.

Mega Scizor gets OHKOed at +2 and bullet punch won't do anything on a resisted hit, especially with such low attack investment.

Having a good fast late game sweeper to clean up after your team has weakened the opposing team could help finish off matches and check Thundy as well. Good late game sweepers include Scarfed Moxie users like Terrakion or Banded Gale wings users (Banded Staraptor can OHKO thundy with just a bit of prior damage).

You also lack a way to get hazards off of your side of the field, which is a big problem since letting hazards stay on your side on the field could put some of your walls in range of OHKOs and 2HKOs (like Chansey to Thundurous I's +2 life orb sheer force Focus Blast). I suggest replacing taunt with defog on Skarmory.

But aside from all that, I think you have a solid stall team with great potential. I wish you luck in your future battles!
Poison healers can be a pain in the ass, usually I have to resort to Leech Seed stalling with Loom.

Not totally chill with just replacing mons atm, but you got some good suggestions. Taunt wasn't really helping on skarm and priority Defog is hella fine, plus since all my other mons hav recovery of some sort and I miss having toss on Chans so those changes have been made. Still don't really know what do to with Zor's EVs tbh, bar speed. Thundy's actually not too bad as it's hella frail, but still on the annoying side. Thanks for the rate yo

A testament to the sheer power of stall in AAA. A 6-0 victory over an averagely good trainer in over 60 turns.
(Replays were down that week so I YT'd it)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)